Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Atkins Induction (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/atkins-induction/)
-   -   Newbie (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/atkins-induction/803522-newbie.html)

raytamtay3 05-06-2013 11:44 AM

So I've been on SB for over a month with not one lb. weight loss (well teetering between 0 and 3)and after doing a little research seeing how a lot of other people were doing Atkins succesfully, I thought I'd give it a shot thinking maybe my fats were too low or something. So I'm giving it ago provided I do not gain on it. Can you take a peeky poo at my meal plan?

B - 1 egg fried in bacon fat with 1 slice of bacon. 2 cups of coffree with 4 sweet and low and 2 tpsp of carnation powder creamer
S - Hardboiled egg and a cheese stick
L - Small salad with romaine lettuce, spinach, black and green olives, feta, mushrooms, radishes and oil and vinegar
D - Taco salad (spicy ground meat, taco seasoning (have to check carbs first may omit), black olives, light sour cream and shredded cheddar
S - Unsweetened vanilla amond milk

Net carbs: 20

67.4% fat, 23.9% protein and 7.1% carbs

Pami 05-06-2013 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raytamtay3 (Post 16411689)
So I've been on SB for over a month with not one lb. weight loss (well teetering between 0 and 3)and after doing a little research seeing how a lot of other people were doing Atkins succesfully, I thought I'd give it a shot thinking maybe my fats were too low or something. So I'm giving it ago provided I do not gain on it. Can you take a peeky poo at my meal plan?

B - 1 egg fried in bacon fat with 1 slice of bacon. 2 cups of coffree with 4 sweet and low and 2 tpsp of carnation powder creamer
L - Small salad with romaine lettuce, spinach, black and green olives, feta, mushrooms, radishes and oil and vinegar
D - Taco salad (spicy ground meat, taco seasoning (have to check carbs first may omit), black olives, light sour cream and shredded cheddar
S - Unsweetened vanilla amond milk

Net carbs: 20

67.4% fat, 23.9% protein and 7.1% carbs

Be sure to keep your cheese in check- 4 ounces per day- it's really easy to go
over. And if you have to use that creamer because you're finishing a container
of it, then you're not ever going to buy it again, then that's OK. The ingredients
in that stuff are toxic. Real cream is much better for you.

raytamtay3 05-06-2013 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pami (Post 16411976)
Be sure to keep your cheese in check- 4 ounces per day- it's really easy to go
over. And if you have to use that creamer because you're finishing a container
of it, then you're not ever going to buy it again, then that's OK. The ingredients
in that stuff are toxic. Real cream is much better for you.

Got it. Thanks!

princessmommy 05-06-2013 04:45 PM

I gave up my creamer too and use heavy whipping cream. Tastes Yum! And I agree with ya on checking your taco seasoning.

Amandaetr 05-06-2013 09:55 PM

I actually prefer the heavy whipping cream to my usual creamer now. And I make my own taco seasoning. Super easy and you know exactly what is in there. I make a big thing of it and put it in a little tupperware thing so I always have it on hand. Taco salad is one of my favorite things!

DairyQueen 05-06-2013 10:08 PM

OK, first off, you don't have a lot of weight to lose, so it's going to be more difficult than someone who weighs a lot more.
Second, you need to meticulously track what you eat - and that means amounts-- in ounces (ground beef) and cup measurements (lettuce).
You really need a food scale (postal scales work well too) and a set of cup measurements. And you need a software online tracker. Also, the USDA database is fantastic.

Whipping / heavy cream is your friend. Sometimes if I have a big PANG, I'll take a TB swig and it'll satiate me for a long time.

So that's a start for you. You can figure out exactly (haha more more or less) how many calories and how many carbs you are eating and help figure out why you aren't losing weight.

raytamtay3 05-07-2013 08:12 AM

MODIFIED

[QUOTE=raytamtay3;16411689]So I've been on SB for over a month with not one lb. weight loss (well teetering between 0 and 3)and after doing a little research seeing how a lot of other people were doing Atkins succesfully, I thought I'd give it a shot thinking maybe my fats were too low or something. So I'm giving it ago provided I do not gain on it. Can you take a peeky poo at my meal plan?

D - 1 cup of chicken breast, 1 cup of mushrooms, 1/2 cup of red peppers, 1/4 cup cooking wine, 1 cup of brocolli, 1 Tbsp of smart balance butter and 1 Tbsp of EVOO
S - Unsweetened vanilla amond milk, 1Tbsp of cream cheese, 1 Tbsp of natural BB and 1/2 tsp of unsweetened co****

1,660 calories, 118 fat, 123 protein and 29 carbs [B]
Fat - 63.6% Pro - 29.4% Carb - 7%

raytamtay3 05-07-2013 08:44 AM

Tuesday's Meal

B - 1 hardboiled egg with 3oz ribeye steak, 16 oz of coffee with 1 Tbsp of unsweetened almond milk, ACV with water
S - 2 large radishes, ACV with water
L - Large salad with 1/3 cup of feta, 1 can of tuna and 1 Tbsp of EVOO and 1 Tbsp of ACV
D - The plan is taco salad (1/2 cup of 85% lean ground meat, 1 tbsp of franks hot sauce, 1 tbsp of sour cream, 1 tsp of black olives over 1 cup of fresh spinach) and ACV with water
S - 2 cream cheese, pb and coconut balls

Calories: 1,476 Fat: 95, Net Carbs:14, Protein: 134
Fat - 58.3%
Pro - 36.3%
Carb - 5.4%

Pami 05-07-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raytamtay3 (Post 16413063)
B - 1 hardboiled egg with 3oz ribeye steak, 16 oz of coffee with 1 Tbsp of unsweetened almond milk, ACV with water
S - 2 large radishes, ACV with water
L - Large salad with 1/3 cup of feta, 1 can of tuna and 1 Tbsp of EVOO and 1 Tbsp of ACV
D - The plan is taco salad (1/2 cup of 85% lean ground meat, 1 tbsp of franks hot sauce, 1 tbsp of sour cream, 1 tsp of black olives over 1 cup of fresh spinach) and ACV with water
S - 2 cream cheese, pb and coconut balls

Calories: 1,476 Fat: 95, Net Carbs:14, Protein: 134
Fat - 58.3%
Pro - 36.3%
Carb - 5.4%

I can't remember- did you say you were on induction? Your menu looks really
good, just looks like you have a few items that aren't induction-friendly?

(I'm not trying to pick on you- I know you're really trying!)

raytamtay3 05-07-2013 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pami (Post 16413363)
I can't remember- did you say you were on induction? Your menu looks really
good, just looks like you have a few items that aren't induction-friendly?

(I'm not trying to pick on you- I know you're really trying!)

Geeze Pami, Give me a break will ya!!! Just kidding. lol. I know you are just trying to help.

Yes, I was starting on Induction. SB allows it and I just assumed Atkins would. This is so confusing. :dunno: I think I'm going back to SB. lol. Atkins is too restrictive.