Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Atkins Induction (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/atkins-induction/)
-   -   constipation ;( (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/atkins-induction/803323-constipation.html)

Thistime 05-02-2013 08:13 PM

constipation ;(

Its a sad day when something so simple as pooping is a fear.
hello im losing weight and its great but i cant poo and thats not great.
im extremely constipated i know its gross but i dont know what to do.
it leaves me in horrible pain and i have to push i bled the last time that was four days ago. and then the next day i had diarrhea
diarrhea has never been so nice.
is there anything i can do i used to be able to eat broccoli and go but that doesnt work anymore
sorry for the graphic nature of my post

Mad4Chillas 05-02-2013 08:38 PM

Go to your local drugstore, buy a bottle of Magnesium Citrate and drink it down followed by a few glasses of water. Wait a few hours and then voila. If I do this I usually drink the bottle before bedtime and by morning I have results.

Also, taking a stool softener every day may help, I do this just because I dont seem to get as much fiber when Im inducting and it helps move things through much nicer.

Be careful about pushing too hard, you don't want hemorrhoids! Ouch!

ravenrose 05-02-2013 08:54 PM

when I am seriously low carbing, I absolutely have to eat flax muffins for breakfast every day. otherwise it's just horrible, as you say. and drink a LOT of water with the flax or it just makes things worse!

Thistime 05-02-2013 09:26 PM

oooo over the counter solutions me likey(:
flax muffins how do you make those?

glendabuffy 05-02-2013 10:13 PM

Hey Thistime - I share your pain!!! I had that problem last week but thanks to flax and water, more water and more water, that problem is down the drain!! Good luck!!

Ntombi 05-02-2013 10:17 PM

Look in the recipe room for flax muffin recipes. There are a bunch. Be aware that some people don't have good results with flax.

Magnesium is a good solution for most with the issue. Bulletproof coffee or tea is another one that often works.

Thistime 05-03-2013 12:00 AM

thanks alot you guys(:

princessmommy 05-03-2013 04:22 AM

Yep the flax muffins Or one minute muffins with flax work great for me too. Const is No fun! Feel better!

Putz 05-03-2013 04:53 AM

Cascara Sagrada....about $5 at Walmart. It promotes Digestive/Colon Health. You can take the capsule or make it into tea. 100 count. I take 1 every other day or so to "go" regularly. I have never done well with the flax or stool softeners.

Verdana 05-07-2013 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Putz (Post 16406747)
Cascara Sagrada....about $5 at Walmart. It promotes Digestive/Colon Health. You can take the capsule or make it into tea. 100 count. I take 1 every other day or so to "go" regularly. I have never done well with the flax or stool softeners.

So, it's "safe" to take it on a continual basis?

MtherGoos 05-07-2013 04:22 PM

I take 2 magnesium every day and never have a problem with that. It's just a matter of finding what works best for your body.

Patience 05-08-2013 07:25 AM

If you have quite a bit of fiber in your diet, be sure to drink extra water to go with it.

Thistime 05-08-2013 10:04 PM

Thanks you guys I took your advice I'm not status anymore!