Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Atkins Induction (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/atkins-induction/)
-   -   Week One down....need help please don't know what to do. (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/atkins-induction/803241-week-one-down-need-help-please-dont-know-what-do.html)

JustJessie 05-01-2013 07:30 PM

Week One down....need help please don't know what to do.

Yesterday I was all excited because my clothes feel better and I was loving the food. Then today total turnaround I can't seem to eat anything I haven't really had an appetite the past two days the taste in my mouth from: the diet makes me not want to eat especially the heavy food that I'm eating. I don't want to give up cause I feel great and I'm never hungry and I'm not craving anything except for something refreshing to make my mouth feel better and since I really hate artificial sweeteners nothing is taking the taste away from works for maybe a minute than its back to yuck mouth . Meat is staying to gross me out. Help any words of wisdom.? do you think I can go into Phase two maybe and that would be better for me.? Thank you I appreciate any advice I can receive.

ravenrose 05-01-2013 08:57 PM

brush your teeth. that should help!

and make sure the vegetables you are eating to make up your 20 grams of net carbs are ones that give you some of the juiciness you crave.

good luck.

princessmommy 05-02-2013 05:58 AM

Sounds like Keiotis (sp) breath to me. That's how my mouth felt too, like i'd been sucking on pennies. Yuck!

Patience 05-02-2013 06:13 AM

Can you drink more water?

JustJessie 05-02-2013 07:21 AM

Yeah I probably should be drinking more water. its hard for me to drink water but its still not making my mouth feel any better. I dont know if I am on this diet today. Ive been very tired too. I hate giving up on this tho.

JustJessie 05-02-2013 07:22 AM

Oh yeah vegetables....=( I suck at eating veggies too.

JustJessie 05-02-2013 11:04 AM

New Day feeling better trying to get focused here!!

SweetMe678 05-02-2013 02:45 PM

I use a little lemon juice in my water, it helps me with the ketosis breath, and seems to be very refreshing. Maybe munching on some celery sticks? they are light and crunchy and pretty refreshing when the keto mouth gets really bad.

Julie1972 05-02-2013 03:16 PM

I sip water all day long to keep my ketosis breath under control. :)

JustJessie 05-02-2013 09:27 PM

How about exhaustion? I remember years ago when i did Atkins I couldnt sleep cause i had so much energy I cant move this week. totally exhausted.

Patience 05-03-2013 08:34 AM

I restarted 5 weeks ago. I have times of exhaustion, but not overall.
I slept 11 hours one night! Hard for me to believe, but I attribute that to the adjustment my body is making. I have times of feeling overall well being, and that is huge for me! It's getting better all the time . . .

franciejones 05-16-2013 09:49 AM

I have had a lot of exhaustion. Just go to bed early. It's normal in the beginning I think.

AuburnNurse 05-16-2013 08:46 PM

This is my second try with Induction. I can tell you the breath, the nausea, and the lethargy is non-existant this time around because I drink TONS of water everyday-- at least 6 bottles a day. I can say it's easier, too, because it sure helps with the ketosis breath. It was so bad last time I did induction, it made me nauseated, and I didn't want to eat either. And I salt my food, when usually, I have always avoided the shaker at all times because high blood pressure runs in my family. The salt and the water helps Sooooo much!

BlueBanana 05-20-2013 07:27 AM

Not hungry and no cravings? Sounds wonderful! I just started Induction 11 days ago and I, too, have that same taste in my mouth but it's really satisfying because I know I'm in ketosis. Stay with it and you'll see the fat just burn off you. As for me, I lost 10 pounds in the first 9 days and am not sure where I'm at now but I'm really sticking with it.

I love hot sauce so sometimes I will take a mild one with no carbs and just put a drop or two in my mouth for taste. Fantastic!

Good luck and please stick with it!

Patience 05-20-2013 08:20 AM

Entering week seven I am feeling good, no cravings or hunger. I am following induction "rules" about 90 - 95 percent of the time, and keeping my carbs at 20 or less everyday. No sure how much weight I am losing, I am sure it is slow, but I am happy with my clothes feeling looser and knowing that I can keep this up for sometime as I don't feel deprived.

DD80 05-20-2013 02:35 PM

Sparkling water on ice with a lemon squeezed in is fantastic for that feeling. Muddle some mint leaves into the drink if you have them. YUM! Tea can also be quite refreshing - green tea mixed with mint or mint tea. You can put that on ice too. I'd also recommend drinking more water overall.

I used to be terrible at adding veggies, but now before every meal, I try to think, "how can I add veggies to this?" For example, instead of an egg with bacon for breakfast, I'll add mushrooms, peppers, onion, tomato, and spinach to my eggs. Then put avocado on top. Instead of plain tuna salad, I'll mix with avocado and greek yogurt (instead of mayo), then add scallions and tomatoes. BLT salad is also great - mash an avocado, then add bacon and tomatoes. I like it rolled up in cheese, but would be good in a lettuce wrap too.

84k 05-21-2013 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueBanana (Post 16432068)
Not hungry and no cravings? Sounds wonderful! I just started Induction 11 days ago and I, too, have that same taste in my mouth but it's really satisfying because I know I'm in ketosis. Stay with it and you'll see the fat just burn off you. As for me, I lost 10 pounds in the first 9 days and am not sure where I'm at now but I'm really sticking with it.

I love hot sauce so sometimes I will take a mild one with no carbs and just put a drop or two in my mouth for taste. Fantastic!

Good luck and please stick with it!

would you mind sharing your meal plans, that's impressive losses...