Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2013, 09:05 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Suzee
Stats: 214/214/165
WOE: Atkins 30-40 carbs per day
Start Date: Restart January 2014
Low carb, low sugar, low fat, minimal dairy...help?

I did low carb and lost 21 pounds. There has been a lot of stress for me in the past few months and the pounds are back on. I'm monumentally frustrated and just need help with planning simple meals for induction. We're on a very tight budget and DH eats a lot of junk food at all different times. I'm feeling pretty low, now, and angry with myself. I'm trying very hard to re-motivate myself. I've got a trip coming up in a week, and the extra weight is really bothering me. Just feel kind of lost with this. I see lots of really neat recipes, but the fat content worries me. Don't know what to do. Any help or suggestions would be nice. Thank you.

P.S. No, I don't want to try to 20 pounds in a week, I just want to be positively motivated like the last time I did this.
Suzee is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2013, 11:07 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 265/229/150
WOE: NK
Start Date: January, 2013
Susie, got a crock pot? Try to get your supplies on your day off or the weekend. Then prep all veggies. Cook as much as you can on those days. Then portion 4-6 oz servings in a baggie and chill. This is a wonderful site and lot of help is available. If the rest of your family is not lowcarbing just have the baked or fried meat for all of you and fix them rice or mashed potatoes. It's not that hard and you can have your salads and special lc veggies. Good luck to you.
Lindy in Louisiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:13 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Thank you. Trying the crockpot today.
Old 05-01-2013, 04:03 PM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/127.6/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
I also go to the grocery store early in the morning, and get whichever meat is marked down, and stock up the freezer. Then I plan my meals around whatever meat I have on hand. Yesterday I picked up a package of chicken thighs on sale for $2, and they had pork steaks on sale for 50% off. I got some great deals and I'll just add veggies to them to make our meals out of.
MtherGoos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 04:39 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtherGoos;16404163[B
]I also go to the grocery store early in the morning, and get whichever meat is marked down, and stock up the freezer.[/B] Then I plan my meals around whatever meat I have on hand. Yesterday I picked up a package of chicken thighs on sale for $2, and they had pork steaks on sale for 50% off. I got some great deals and I'll just add veggies to them to make our meals out of.
Man, I wish I could be able to do that. Our freezer is so small on the fridge and no room for an individual freezer.

Suzee, I also try to keep good snacks on hand, pickles, jerkey, hard boiled eggs, celery w/ cream cheese on hand for the times you don't feel like cooking something special for yourself. Just something to keep the appetite at bay. Also keep canned goodies for yourself, nuts, vienna sausages, deviled ham, smoked oysters. These will make a meal for not too much extra bucks. Keep a load of cream cheese and heavy whipping cream. Add 2 T hwc to a can of diet soda and get an instant coke float. Easy and great.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:11 PM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Thank you mthrgoos & lindy. Have to go shopping this week. I'll be out of town for a week, and will do more in depth shopping when I get back.

I cracked this evening. Have had a monster headache for 2 days and went for a diet coke and some dark chocolate. That has worked in the past, but it's not working. I did not want to go off Atkins, but I HAD to do something. Frustrated. Any suggestions for the dang headaches? I have Tylenol and other stuff, but hesitate to take them.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:13 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Come back when you're ready. Just pick up where you left off. We'll be here.
Old 05-14-2013, 02:51 PM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Candiceena
Stats: 180/167/122
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: June 18 2013
Any specific reason why you are hestitant to take an OTC pain releiver?

Just curious.

I too dislike taking OTC pain relievers...the reason I dont like taking them is it just doesn't "feel" right to me - IMO, if something is hurting, that is my body saying "hey! something is wrong!" and so I usually use headaches and joint/muscle aches as a warning sign and then try to go from there.

Just wondering if you are the same way lol.
Candiceena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 03:58 PM   #9
Junior LCF Member

I'm okay with taking a Tylenol or Advil or something along those lines. Just very careful with things like Percoset. The headaches have actually gone away now.

Perhaps I'm over cautious about liver and kidney damage stuff?
Old 05-15-2013, 07:42 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AuburnNurse
Stats: 353/in progress/199
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 9/10/12, restart 5/6/13
From what I understand, this can happen on induction, the headaches and such. I got a couple of good, long headaches day 4 and 5 of induction and bit of the carb flu. I did take OTC's and it wiped it right out. Drinking lots and lots of water has helped me, too. I drink at least 6 bottles a day, not including my cup of coffee.

The first try in Atkins for me ended day 14, and I was completely turned off to it. After counting calories for the past 6 or so months and barely losing 7 pounds, I'm happy to try again and feeling good this time around.

I have an oversized sandwich box I make my lunch salad in. I take strips of chicken with me. A cheese stick. And some extra meat to snack on. I also have started bringing celery sticks and some kind of dip. Yesterday a ranch dip at 3 carbs a serving, and today some pre-made chicken salad (I like my own recipe better) at 3 carbs a serving just to snack on because I have trouble doing all 20 carbs.

At night I make whatever meat for the family and pop it on top of my evening salad of lettuce, cucumbers, broccoli or bell pepper, and half an avocado. I found a huge bag of pre-cooked bacon at Sam's and sometimes crumble that on top and have my meat on the side. I make cucumber salad often with creamy homemade dressing (mayo, white vinegar, S&P) or grill up a zucchini in olive oil and butter.

As long as I keep my veggie drawer stocked, I do fine. I'm looking forward to week 3 to add in a few berries each day. Those I miss. My bread/pasta/cookies, not so much!
AuburnNurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 01:47 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: franciejones
Stats: 241/215.6/150 5'5"
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: 12-26-2013 LAST START
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzee View Post
I did low carb and lost 21 pounds. There has been a lot of stress for me in the past few months and the pounds are back on. I'm monumentally frustrated and just need help with planning simple meals for induction. We're on a very tight budget and DH eats a lot of junk food at all different times. I'm feeling pretty low, now, and angry with myself. I'm trying very hard to re-motivate myself. I've got a trip coming up in a week, and the extra weight is really bothering me. Just feel kind of lost with this. I see lots of really neat recipes, but the fat content worries me. Don't know what to do. Any help or suggestions would be nice. Thank you.

P.S. No, I don't want to try to 20 pounds in a week, I just want to be positively motivated like the last time I did this.
Why low fat?
franciejones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:36 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Suzee,
Change your mindset. Fat is your friend. Wheat, fructose and "puffy" oils are the enemy. If you have time try to research the benefits of giving up these things. Lots of blogs out there. Paleo, Marks daily apple, Perfect health diet, Nutritional Ketosis, look into all of them.