Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2013, 07:12 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: BeALoser
NEWBIE! Induction thoughts...

This is my second time to do Atkins. In 2004 I lost 70 lbs in 8 weeks, which was phenomenal at the time, but too fast. Since that time I have gained 30 of that back and am ready to reach my goal weight this time!
This is my 12th day and I've only seen a loss of 1.6 lbs. I can't help but be discouraged- I truly didn't expect the super quick loss this go around, but dang- 1.6 pounds? I'm really sticking to it. My blood sugars normally range around 350 and I have been thrilled that in just 12 days I'm averaging 170!! That's a huge change. I DO feel better, my issues with candida are clearing and I KNOW this is truly beneficial to me. BUT....I need to see the scale change. My clothes are not fitting any looser, either. I'm hoping that but just being persistent it will eventually catch up and the pounds will drop.

I am using several of the recipes on this site. I'm thrilled to find some microwave recipes this go around- I prefer to be a "quick cook!" What artificial sweetner do you guys prefer? JUST noticed my Truvia seems to have a lot of carbs for such a small amount. I just really prefer the taste to Splenda!
I also made a flax seed "quick bread" in the microwave? It's super low carb but is that induction-friendly? I've ordered the books off Amazon and am waiting for them to arrive.

I CAN DO THIS.

SW 210.6/CW 209/GW 145
Size 16W/ Goal sz 8-10
5'4"
BeALoser is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2013, 07:27 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Genie80
WOE: Slimming World
Start Date: Re-start 09.18.13
Don't be discouraged.
I lost 24lbs in about 5 weeks a 11 ago on Atkins which I've gained back and some due to being ill over the past few years and have seen a loss this time of 6lbs in week one, 1lb in week 2 and now I'm totally at a loss and cosidering changing to JUDDD.

Maybe you should be thinking the same if you're not seeing any change?
Seems like just because something worked for you once doesn't mean it's going to work for you again.

Really hope you get sorted xx
Genie80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:44 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patience
Don't be discouraged, it just takes some time to kick in. You've got a start, and already seeing some good results. Just persist. Find some threads you like and ask for support and advice and it will be given. You may have to discover and own your own way of eating, but it can be a fun rather than discouraging journey. Can you go without the artificial sweeteners? That helps some people with losing. That's your choice of course. You get to make lots of choices. Persistance and patience can work.
Patience is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:40 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/139.6/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
I know for me, it's definitely slower going this time around, just because I'm older. I've been staying on induction, totally by the book, for 2 months, and I'm down 33 pounds. In the past, I lost WAY faster than this! It does work though, you just have to stick to it and give it time. Trust the process.
MtherGoos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:23 PM   #5
CTH
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CTH
Stats: 267/212/190
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: February 2013
I would say, "don't fear the fat!" For me if I don't get enough fat I don't lose. Also, don't forget the veggies!
CTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:50 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JustJessie
Stats: ?/163.5/135 (5'0"/39 yo)
Start Date: 01/27/2014
I need help I cant find the recipes on this site. I really cant think of what to eat on this diet maybe because most of the food that is in the diet is something I would normally stay away from. I cant eat a lot of red meat like steak or pork chops I had Weight loss surgery 14 years ago and I cant really tolerate meat so much. Chop meat works and chicken and fish but Ive never cooked fish before ahhh I did this diet once about 20 years ago I was 18 and my mom cooked for me lol! Any advice. I have to lose 10 lbs immediately I have no clothes at all that fit me I am in full fledged panic mode . Sorry to vent all crazy but I am stressed and I need to feel like myself again. Oh and I despise artificial sweeteners will there be a day when I can have a teaspoon of sugar in my coffee. I am dying without my morning coffee.

Last edited by JustJessie; 04-26-2013 at 06:21 AM..
JustJessie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:44 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JustJessie
Stats: ?/163.5/135 (5'0"/39 yo)
Start Date: 01/27/2014
Well I am in ketosis already after one day. I guess I should be happy and just relax! I know it doesnt necessarily mean I am losing weight but I hope so.
JustJessie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:26 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patience
JustJess, go to the search button on the top bar and go to advanced search. Plug in some names of foods you like to eat and you will get lots of hits on recipes.
Patience is online now   Reply With Quote