Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Atkins Induction (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/atkins-induction/)
-   -   Am I doing anything wrong in a dire consequences way? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/atkins-induction/802775-am-i-doing-anything-wrong-dire-consequences-way.html)

Rebecca1979 04-24-2013 08:59 PM

Am I doing anything wrong in a dire consequences way?

Only because I don't sometimes "get" the lc way of life (or maybe I just need assurance). BUT........ Is it ok that I mainly live on meats, eggs, and a little dairy. I see stuff about meat and egg fast, but i don't know what that is about.:dunno: Veggies are eaten maybe once a week? I do want to add that I am VERY insulin resistant. Like tonight for instance I went back over my food journal and all I've had today was 7.5 carbs... I'm stuffed, but not a lot of it was carbs ya know? This is not a "I'm tired of the food I'm eating" subject.. I love it all and I feel full and content. I don't have cravings.

I'm super exhausted so I hope SOME of what I typed makes sense. PS I'm literally losing a pound a day.

raindroproses 04-24-2013 09:05 PM

Nope, you're good! Healthy even :) Although your diet sounds like it might fit NK even better than Atkins, simply because you ARE insulin resistant (like myself) and Atkins is all about the carb ladder and adding in extra (healthier) carbs later on down the road. For insulin resistant folk and those of us who prefer to eat meat and eggs and dairy anyway over heaps of veggies, adding things back in doesn't always make a whole lot of sense... so that's why I finally settled on NK, which is high fat/moderate protein/low carb. It definitely sounds like that's the sort of thing you have going on right now, and I'm right there with you. I had 7 total carbs today, most of which was from dairy and salsa :laugh: No veggies whatsoever!

Anyway, I'm not usually on this section of the forum but when I was scrolling down and noticed it was you who posted a recent post I thought I'd shoot over here and see what was up. You're doing GREAT, and you're obviously feeling great too... I say keep with what's working for you, and everything will fall into place along the way. Do check out NK too if you're interested, you may find that it fits your WOE more accurately like I did after a while :)

I definitely don't think you're doing anything wrong in a dire consequences sort of way though. My health has improved eating that way, and continues to improve! Just be sure you're taking a good multi and getting the right supplements, and there's no reason you shouldn't be able to sustain great health on that sort of diet :)

Rebecca1979 04-24-2013 09:26 PM

Can you post in my blog or yours about NK?? I've been away from the boards for a coulple years and I just don't know what that's about? Or point me to a website?

Please and thank you. =D

raindroproses 04-24-2013 09:35 PM

Sure thing, we're right here on the boards actually :)

Here's the link to our forum: Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb - Low Carb Friends

LOTS of great information in the monthly thread though if you look at the very first page (that goes over some of the basics for someone if they decide to give NK a shot) but here's a couple threads that I found particularly useful too for those who aren't sure what NK is all about, the first one especially:

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/nu...-v-atkins.html

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/nu...-question.html

Hopefully it was okay to link you up on here! We'd be happy to have you though, if you ever did decide NK was more your style :) If you have any questions though, by all means you can ask me on my blog or in a PM or anywhere really. I'm known to give advice all the time on that end of the forum :laugh:

Rebecca1979 04-24-2013 09:40 PM

Thank you!! =)

raindroproses 04-24-2013 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca1979 (Post 16392352)
Thank you!! =)

No problem, always happy to help! :)

Patience 04-25-2013 06:55 AM

Thanks for the links raindrop.

Rebecca, I go in and out of feeling exhausted. Do you suppose it is just hard work shedding these pounds? It's not a steady state of exhaustion for me, and it is a good tired as if I've been working really hard. Yesterday afternoon was about the most exhausted I've felt in weeks, and I am attributing it in part to more stress and, thinking about it, less water. I am being more conscious of my water consumption this morning, and although I have not gotten my usual charge from my CO, I am feeling a bit more energetic. I've also taken a magnesium tab which I don't do every day.

Trillex 04-25-2013 11:24 AM

I think you're doing great, Rebecca! You've found a way of eating that works for you and it fits in with the guidelines of your diet plan. That sounds like a winning situation to me!

In the scheme of things, losing pounds is a relatively small part of the equation. You mainly want to permanently rid yourself of the excess bodyfat, right? So you may be better off enjoying yourself while you lose the pounds, so that the weight loss approach can be something that you can use to maintain your smaller body when you arrive at goal. If you force yourself to eat veggies or foods that you don't enjoy, that approach seems less sustainable (in my opinion) than just eating meat and eggs and whatever other foods you enjoy.

MtherGoos 04-25-2013 01:28 PM

Rebecca, that's exactly the way eat. Just meat, eggs, cheese, mayo and coconut oil. That's it. I'm not losing a pound a day like you are, but I'm a lot older than you and it's coming off slower this time! LOL. Just like everybody else has said, it's working for you, so keep up the great work!

Rebecca1979 04-25-2013 01:57 PM

Ok thanks guys!! That's making me feel a little more secure! Sorry I have to be lc codependant! Hah

cfine 04-25-2013 06:45 PM

So glad you've come back and are finding success!! I have cut back on veggies since trying to do more of a NK plan.

williamson_ja 04-26-2013 08:16 AM

I will disagree with most people here. You do need veggies in your diet. Meat and cheese just doesn't have the vitamins and nutrients your body needs to survive. Are you going to be okay for a couple of weeks like this? Sure, but take a vitamin supplement. That's not a long term solution for the nutrients you need, though. Our bodies don't assimilate the stuff they put in vitamins in the same way that it does from fresh veggies. Try to ease a little into your diet after a couple of weeks. Make sure that you include dark green leafy stuff which is really low carb and the most nutrient dense stuff on the planet. I've been studying nutrition for about 10 years and if you want to HEAL and be healthy again, you're going to have to add some very nutrient dense veggies eventually. :)

Aleina 04-27-2013 04:03 PM

You are doing great ! 286/227/199 ! There is your proof .
I partially agree that you mighthave to introduce some green leafy vegetables at some point but if you are happy at this stage carry on and review your needs every week.

JA williamson I partially agree . I speak as I have run my diet through nutrition calculators galore and I am only deficient in Vit K because there is nothing I like.
Anybody,always evaluate your woe every day. Be aware of what your body needs .