Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2013, 05:19 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: moniruth
Stats: 209/188/150
WOE: Atkins Induction/Low Carb
Start Date: Restart Sept 6th 2014
STAYING ON TRACK SUCCESS STORIES!

I would like to post the positive moments of this WOE for a change, and I would love to hear everyone else's moments of success!

Have you:
Managed to socialize in a non-Atkins environment and stay on track?
Had family visit and kept up the atkins WOE?
Gone on vacation and not cheated?
Started getting compliments?
Had a tough mental battle with a craving and NOT given in???
Lots of other scenarios...

We should be proud of every moment we are doing this and being in control of our own food intake, and I know hearing about other people's successes in a good way will spur me on when I need a lift, or just to keep me smiling!

I love this website, I couldn't do this alone!

December goal: 181
moniruth is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2013, 05:25 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

So, I'll go first.

At my work, we have a communal "Coffee Club", where you pay $3.50 a week for use of all the teas and coffees that are there. Including SNACKS. So every break, there are boxes and boxes of cookies and savoury crackers, chocolate biscuits and sometimes fruitcake, dried fruit and usually about 10lbs of bananas.

For the last 6 weeks, I have not had ANY of those snacks! And they are right under my nose. I can tell you it was so hard at first, but I realized that it was my mindless snacking 3 to 4 times a day that contributed to my rapid weight gain.

That's my mini daily success story! I bring my pork rinds and cheese sticks to work, and no-one even bats and eyelid.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:07 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cfine
Stats: 276/212/199
WOE: NK
Start Date: April 2012
Good for you Moniruth!!

I just posted this somewhere else, but I'll share again. I have had major stress this past week and I just wanted to eat Cheez-its so stinkin bad!! I literally though about it ALL DAY!! It was horrible and I couldn't stop it. The only thing I could do was just to eat more LC foods until it pasted. I made it through without eating those Cheezits, thank God!!

Also, we had our homeschool group's spring ball Saturday night and my weakness is snack foods. There were gobs and gobs of snack foods. My all time favorite dessert is chewy chocolate chip cookies and they had lots of them!! I didn't eat one off plan food.

Dieting is hard;being fat is hard; choose your hard.
cfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:09 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

CFINE!!!! You are fantastic!!!! It is exactly what I am talking about too. We had another work drinks/function this afternoon where the choices were many and varied (wines and beer, plus bar snacks like mini filo pastries and crumbed fish fingers). The only things I could have were mineral water and chicken skewers minus the satay sauce. So, that's what I had!

cfine I am so happy to hear about you staying on plan faced with your nemesis!

I am realizing that my day is starting to turn from what I *can't* eat to what I can, but sometimes it is mighty challenging.

Thank you for posting!
Old 04-24-2013, 05:05 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patience
great idea for a thread. My first rule in my WOE is no alcohol. After a month, yesterday was the first day I had a craving to drink. Stress induced for sure.
I overate fatbombs, but didn't pursue alcohol.

I think it's great when you can pass up the snacks at work. It's so easy to give in but I believe, for me at least, that everytime you pass them by it gets easier.

Mental prep is huge too. If I think I may be likely to be tempted to drink, in the short run I choose not to attend a function. If past experience follows true to form, I will be able to attend functions without drinking because I will develop a sort of psychological distance.
Patience is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:35 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Trillex
Stats: 235/135/135
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 11 May 2012
I don't have any cool stories, but I just want to say that you ladies are some of my favorites! You're always so sweet and so positive. Go y'all!
Trillex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:49 PM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnC
Stats: 271.8/271.8/195
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 2013
Had two parties with alcohol this past weekend and I passed on all booze.

It felt so good...I might have to try that more often!
AnnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:09 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Yay all the lovely ladies!!!! Alcohol is such a huge part of our society, I didn't realise how much until it suddenly feels like every time you go out someone is offering you a drink.

Bella: I have also found myself not attending things. I skipped out on a birthday party of a colleague b/c I was a bit nervous about going and usually then I drink wine to take the edge off. Terrible! I did feel bad bout not going however my 2yo was sick and I was needed at home, so I did have a genuine excuse. Kind of!

AnnC: Way to go- empowered!

Trillex: !!!! You are so cool, you have no 'stories' but you are the very best that Dr Atkins would have hoped for, a whole new mindset!!! Ever thought about becoming a PT yourself, btw?
Old 04-25-2013, 02:34 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Stardust
This is a great thread! My next event is a big weekend away camping with lots of friends on 17th May for the weekend. I won't be drinking (it will be smack bang right in the middle of IVF treatment - not for myself but I am donating my eggs for my sisters IVF so have to do all the regular things you would when trying to conceive like avoiding alcohol). We will be having a BBQ on the Friday night so that is a simple solution for me! The Saturday night is generally a take away - pizza, chinese or fish and chips - so I am thinking that I might just bring one of those disposable BBQ's and do myself some more BBQ food.

That is unless anyone knows of LC friendly Chinese food??
Old 04-25-2013, 02:53 PM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/126.0/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
This definitely is a great thread! I'm posting my success story in advance, as an affirmation that I AM going to do this! I've got to make an unexpected trip this weekend to Kansas. It's an 18 hour drive, and I always drive it straight through. Usually I snack and eat my way across the country. I'm leaving early tomorrow morning and driving back home early Monday morning. I've got my ice chest packed full of hard boiled eggs, cheese, pepperoni, and salami so I can completely stay on plan on my trip!
MtherGoos is offline   Reply With Quote