Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2013, 01:52 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mike5
Very aggressive appetite.

I'm on day 5 of Induction, 20-25g of carbs a day. I'm still experiencing the carb withdrawal symptoms and my energy is drained. My hunger is draining me. I have not eaten so much in my life. I feel like I've fasted for a month and in severe deprivation mode. Literally. This is what I ate today:

Breakfast: SF jello, protein pancakes (whey protein, 3 eggs, tb of heavy cream and baking powder cooked with butter). 4-5g of carbs.

Lunch: At this point I'm starving, my appetite is controlling me. SIX eggs, tb of heavy cream cooked in butter & oil & 40 green beans + celery. 15g of carbs.

Snack: Mozzarella cheese, more celery. Few cups of green tea. 2-3g of carbs.

Dinner: Mixed lamb & chicken grill. 10 large pieces each with oil and butter.

I'm adding a lot of salt to my food. I am still starving. I thought my appetite would have suppressed by now? I've been eating this much since day 2 of Induction. Weird thing is, I'm down 3kg, despite me running for a mile now compared to a week ago at 8 miles. I'm light headed, dizzy, slurring, tired & nauseous. When will these withdrawal symptoms disappear? I'm not surprised since this is my first time ever doing low carb and my usual carb intake easily exceeded 200g a day. I'm a college student and have tests coming up, I need concentration and energy.

I'm 5'9, 132 lbs, male. I can't keep eating like this if I want to commit to Atkins and adapt it as a lifestyle choice. I've been taking B12 and L-Glutamine supplements, not helping.
mike5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2013, 02:10 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patience
Can you postpone your start until after finals?
Especially as it appears you don't have much to lose.
I'd be thrilled to be at your weight and height.
But maybe you have other reasons.
Can you add a lot more fat? That's the one thing I see that you might tinker with.
Patience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:30 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: souzac
Stats: 183/176/145
WOE: Atkinsish
Start Date: March 23, 2011
So Mike? Are you trying to lose weight? My hubby is 5'10 and 166 and looks very thin! Did you make a typo in that post above????
souzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:29 AM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mike5
I'm not trying to lose weight but my body fat percentage is pretty high thanks to the cycles of binging, restricting and excessive carbohydrate and sugar consumption. Looking back, no wonder why my weight fluctuated so frequently and my daily 8 mile runs didn't tone a muscle.

I started on Thursday at 136 lbs. I'm down 130 this morning. Maybe I'm just losing fat because I'm incorporating exercise into my induction. My aim is to get leaner and I don't mind gaining muscle. I'm just hoping the appetite will decrease by the 1 week mark at least and finding some energy revival.
mike5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:03 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SweetMe678
Stats: 354/334/145 ~ June 3
WOE: Atkins/Gluten Free
Start Date: 11/30/2012
The aggressive hunger lasts from a couple days to a couple weeks, according to my observations with people I know in real life and on these boards. I combat it by eating a lot of fatty meats. When I started back on Atkins last fall, I was super hungry for about a month, not my appetite has tapered off, unless I exercise too much, then I notice the next day I feel like I'm starving even after eating a largish meal. I usually try to up my fat on these days, double mayo, double butter, double flax meal and oil etc.
I believe Atkins recommends eating more carbs in the form of Vegetables if you are too uncomfortable with some of the adaptation symptoms.

Also something that helps my mom, is an electrolyte supplement, the 1 carb emergenC.

6 pounds in 5 days is pretty fast. . . especially at your weight. I am thinking you might be losing electrolytes too fast. Also make sure you are drinking plenty of water throughout the day.

My Journal

*Everything I say is my opinion or a sharing of my experiences.
SweetMe678 is offline   Reply With Quote