Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Atkins Induction (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/atkins-induction/)
-   -   Induction Friendly Fat Bombs??? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/atkins-induction/801661-induction-friendly-fat-bombs.html)

Rebecca1979 04-10-2013 03:53 AM

Induction Friendly Fat Bombs???
 
Do they exist?!

Please and thank you! :)

160orbust 04-10-2013 08:40 AM

Technically all of the ingredients on these are induction friendly but I think that the one's made with sunflower seed butter or any other nut butter are better tasting. Might be just me though, see what you think.

I believe I saw a recipe for spice fat bombs with cinnamon/nutmeg/cloves or something like that on these boards too.

Lemon Fat Bombs

4oz cream cheese, softened
4Tb butter, softened
4Tb coconut oil (I used unrefined, virgin)
2Tb sour cream
1/2 lemon (@4tsp juice)
4tsp Truvia or sweetener of choice to desired sweetness
fresh lemon zest to taste (shaved outer part of the lemon)

Start by creaming together the cream cheese and butter, then add other ingredients one at a time and mix well in between. I like mine sweet/sour, so you may have to adjust your flavors to your taste. I make them in the silicone candy molds. Freeze until firm, pop out and refrigerate.

Rebecca1979 04-10-2013 11:05 AM

Thank you!!! Pb makes me stall. Well any nuts do, for that matter! That looks really good I love lemon!

Trillex 04-10-2013 07:29 PM

Good to see you, Rebecca! I was wondering how you're doing.

Technically, nuts aren't induction-friendly. Plenty of people eat them on induction but they're, like, the fourth rung of the ongoing weight loss ladder in the version of Atkins that I'm following, Dr Atkins New Diet Revolution.

Avy 04-10-2013 08:55 PM

Basic recipe:

Coconut oil, butter, cocoa, and stevia.

Switch out the butter for any other fat depending on your limitations.... cream cheese, nut butter, etc. and add chopped nuts, carob, coconut, or anything else you can imagine, if you want.

kiwistars 04-11-2013 01:35 AM

the lemon cream cheese ones are sooo good.

Patience 04-12-2013 04:48 PM

Agreed, I tried these today. My first fat bomb. Peak experience.

ApplePomme 04-13-2013 10:48 PM

The basic one I've stuck to is:

8oz cream cheese, room temp
1/2 cup unsalted butter
<cream well together until light and fluffy. Add:>
1/2 - 3/4c. granulated Splenda
1 tsp. Vanilla
<mix until fluffy. Scoop spoonfuls onto a parchment lined cookie sheet and throw it in the freezer. Transfer to a ziploc once frozen. 1net carb/each>

frogg 05-08-2013 11:21 PM

I bought Meyer lemons for the first time and used them in my lemon fat bombs. I didn't realize they were a cross between a lemon and a mandarin orange. Are they still induction friendly? I haven't been able to find any info on this. :)

Patience 05-09-2013 07:26 AM

Oranges are not induction friendly but since you are talking about a bit of a hybrid and you are diluting it quite a bit, you might be able to justify using it. Maybe someone will be able to answer you more precisely.

I fell in love with fat bombs but am now limiting them for when my day really calls for them. I have made individual ones in a small coffee cup or glass muffin cup so as to not have extras tempting me. Just melt the butter and CO and add what ever else your diet can allow. Nuts and coconut are both good, but are inducation cheats, so maybe just go with cocoa or cream cheese or other flavorings.

Right now I am getting the same fat kick from my BPC.

Beeb 07-15-2013 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bella (Post 16416421)
Oranges are not induction friendly but since you are talking about a bit of a hybrid and you are diluting it quite a bit, you might be able to justify using it. Maybe someone will be able to answer you more precisely.

I fell in love with fat bombs but am now limiting them for when my day really calls for them. I have made individual ones in a small coffee cup or glass muffin cup so as to not have extras tempting me. Just melt the butter and CO and add what ever else your diet can allow. Nuts and coconut are both good, but are inducation cheats, so maybe just go with cocoa or cream cheese or other flavorings.

Right now I am getting the same fat kick from my BPC.

:confused: What is this, please?

Julie1972 07-15-2013 06:14 PM

BPC = bullet proof coffee (coffee with HWC, coconut oil, and/or butter)

Yummy! :):):)

Beeb 07-16-2013 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julie1972 (Post 16516542)
BPC = bullet proof coffee (coffee with HWC, coconut oil, and/or butter)

Yummy! :):):)

Ahhhhh! TY!!! :shake:

micheleredit 07-16-2013 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiwistars (Post 16366381)
the lemon cream cheese ones are sooo good.



Where in NZ are you from????

I was born and raised in Auckland New Zealand.


Nice to meet another kiwi!!!

Trillex 07-16-2013 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by micheleredit (Post 16517217)
Where in NZ are you from????

I was born and raised in Auckland New Zealand.


Nice to meet another kiwi!!!

Just FYI, Kiwi has been MIA for a little while... I hope she returns because she is a total sweetheart.

LilBeetle is another Kiwi who regularly posts in the induction threads -- and Beetle is currently VERY close to goal!

Beeb 07-17-2013 06:21 AM

I now hesitate to make these because the AF in them causes me to want more and more food after I eat one. :sad:

Patience 07-17-2013 06:33 AM

What is AF, Beeb?
If some kind of artificial sweetener, try a batch leaving it out.
I get some sweet taste from butter, and don't feel the need for any additional sweetener. Worth a try if you need/want the fat.

Grateful_Love 08-14-2013 11:05 PM

I've been doing coconut oil, SF hazelnut torani syrup and cocoa powder.. :-)


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:59 PM.