Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2013, 04:52 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AllieBee
Stats: 238/238/140
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: August 16, 2014
Grumpy and feeling sorry for myself

Ugh, what do you do when you just don't feel like being on Atkins? I'm on day 4, grumpy and craving sugar. My kids are drinking a banana/mango smoothie and I'm literally in tears because I want some.

How do you get through these tough times? I'm not near the kitchen so I'm away from the triggers, but I'm just hating that I have to lose weight and limit eating things I want to eat.

Lol, sorry for being so melodramatic! I will get through this, just looking for some sympathy and commiseration.

Thanks.
AllieBee is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2013, 04:54 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AllieBee
Stats: 238/238/140
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: August 16, 2014
I should add that I'm not planning on cheating, just wishing I could.
AllieBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 04:58 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Beezer Louisiana
Stats: 192.2/160/160 (5'6")
WOE: Very low carb, no frankenfoods. NK
Start Date: June 21, 2010
If you are having cravings, if you have a case of 'the wants' --- have a fried egg with butter. Then congratulate yourself on how good you are being. Then go pick out a pair of tight pants, hang them up in your closet -- and see how soon you can zip them up. I love having skinny clothes as motivation!

Be nice to yourself during induction, take naps if you are tired. Eat LC legal snacks. It'll get better.

Last edited by Beezer Louisiana; 04-04-2013 at 05:00 PM..
Beezer Louisiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 05:36 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: peretroika
Stats: 5'2 140lbs
WOE: Atkins
Ugh, I had all those feelings! It's going to be ok! I PROMISE. You can do this girl! I believe in you!! It gets so much easier!!
peretroika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 05:37 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: moniruth
Stats: 209/201/150
WOE: Atkins Induction/Low Carb
Start Date: Restart Sept 6th
Awwww...soooo hard! I have young kids too and it seems like all they eat is yummy naturally sweet food...and when I cut up apple for them I just want some, then I reach for my multi vitamins and wonder if it is worth the sacrifice!!!

But it is. Believe me.

When I am craving sweet or yummy food, cream cheese is my go to, either a cheesecake muffin (recipe on here somewhere) or just some cream cheese with splenda on it.

If you can't face another egg, have a slice of summer sausage or celery stick. Or have some coconut cream in a cup of tea.

Here I am giving you my advice yet I should have taken it myself a week ago! Ah well, POSTING is also the way to go- we are all here together and I hope you get over it soon.

Also- Water. Water, water, water, water.....

And for you:

moniruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:34 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Julie1972
Stats: 220/186/160
Start Date: 1/1/2013
Hang in there! I understand completely! It is sometimes very hard to limit what we eat when the bad carb-loaded stuff is so easily accessible. Keep good LC snacks on hand at all times! I use SF candy for emergencies or the Atkins chocolate treat bars. When I'm more in control, I use cheese, LC cheesecake, deviled eggs, and sometimes SF sweet pickles.

KUTGW!! It is SO worth it! As I'm learning the hard way this week, cheats are not worth it! The 3 lbs. I gained from eating a high carb Easter lunch are still not gone and I have been very good all week eating on plan. One cheat meal set me back a week!

When you think about quitting, stop and remember why you started!!!

If you wanna fly, you have to give up that crap that weighs you down!

2013 Weight
1/1: 220, 2/1: 202, 3/1: 196, 4/1: 188, 5/1: 180, 6/1: 175, 7/1: 171, 8/1: 173, 9/1: 173, 10/1: 180, 11/1: 185, 12/1: 182
Julie1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 05:41 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: princessmommy
Stats: 207/176/140-145
WOE: Low Carb!
Start Date: May 21 Yet Again!
Ah sweetie i've been there too. I'm sure we all have. Lots of great suggestions so far! I'd suggest eatting a dill Pickle when you want something sweet. It helps kill my sweet cravings. Hang in there and just think of how cruddy you'll feel if you give in to those cravings!
princessmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 05:45 AM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Lil'g
Stats: 186/186/130
Start Date: 04/01/13
Allie Bee, I started when you did. the sugar is OK, it's the starch I miss. LOL, we can do this. This looks to be a great place for motivation and support.
Lil'g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:12 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jaded62
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 1/1/14
EGGS, EGGS, EGGS !!! Hard boiled with butter or mayo and mustard.They help me most with ANY type cravings. HTH.
Jaded62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:20 PM   #10
CTH
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CTH
Stats: 267/212/190
Start Date: February 2013
For some reason I've had no cravings for anything. But when I'm hungry between meals I'll snack on gouda cheese with thinly sliced hard salami. Pretty much no carbs there. Costco sells a really nice sliced cheese tray with Gouda, Havarti, Swiss, and Cheddar. I don't recommend their pre-packaged sliced salami though because it's very greasy. I prefer the package from my local Fry's.

When I'm at the office and that 9:30-10:00 hunger hits I'll have a boiled egg or a cream cheese muffin or two.

I've had success making "Oopsie Rolls" and using them in place of bread on fast food burgers or breakfast sandwiches when needed.

My wife is naturally slender and she is always encouraging me and eating low carb right along with me... she hides her sweets and does not eat them in front of me.

My kids are kids and they have sweet teeth. Especially with Easter just happening... I ate all the boiled eggs in a week and they ate their candy!

Yes it flat out stinks that we can't eat what we want when we want to. But the fleeting moment of sweet satisfaction does not offset a life of being miserable. That day when your "big" pants don't even fit anymore and you have no choice but to go and buy that size you never thought you'd be That time you see yourself if a photograph and say, "my God, is that really me?" I've had too many things like that in the past year to look back.

Last edited by CTH; 04-05-2013 at 01:24 PM..
CTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:56 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Genie80
WOE: Slimming World
Start Date: Re-start 09.18.13
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTH View Post
That day when your "big" pants don't even fit anymore and you have no choice but to go and buy that size you never thought you'd be That time you see yourself if a photograph and say, "my God, is that really me?" I've had too many things like that in the past year to look back.
That's exactly the place I got too
Luckily the "big" pants still fit they're just a little tight round the middle! I'm on week 3 now and have lost 6lbs. I'm managing my cravings by microwaving pepperoni slices. Oddly enough it's not the chocolate I'm wanting but would kill for a bowl of cereal when i'm sat watching TV in an evening!

Gina x
Genie80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 04:29 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: squirrel watch
Stats: 5'6"~202/186/140~29yrs
WOE: Atkins <25g + JUDDD
Start Date: LoCarb:4-14-13/JUDDD: 5-13-13
I'm there with y'all. I just started (17 days now). When I first started, I had sugar free Popsicles if I got really desperate. Most of the box is there because my cravings subsided.

I'm about to experiment with strawberries, cream, and ice as a potential smoothie, sweetened with Ideal.

edit: it sounded a lot better in my head. need to tweak. has promise.

Last edited by squirrel watch; 04-30-2013 at 05:25 PM..
squirrel watch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:11 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rayven
Stats: high:240ish-cur:Afraid to look-Goal: back to 140
WOE: Atkins - DANDR & Atkins Essentials combo
Start Date: Initial Start: November, 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTH View Post

My wife is naturally slender and she is always encouraging me and eating low carb right along with me... she hides her sweets and does not eat them in front of me.

That day when your "big" pants don't even fit anymore and you have no choice but to go and buy that size you never thought you'd be That time you see yourself if a photograph and say, "my God, is that really me?" I've had too many things like that in the past year to look back.
Oh absolutely yes to both points. My husband eats circles around me in both quantity and quality, and hasn't gained an ounce in the 7 years we've been together. He eats low carb meals with me, and snacks when he's in the basement (The basement is off limits due to the stairs.)

Ive mentioned this part on another thread as well,but I've been more or less flattening my butt (off work) since December 9, which led to my 4th knee surgery on January 9th. I'm still in physio therapy and require a cane to walk.

We're struggling financially with me out of work and that, and sitting with my leg up all day, alone in the house, all I want to do is eat. I became pretty depressed and January thru March ate what I wanted, no holds barred. I know I gained weight; I've pretty much gone through all of the sizes I have in my closet.

Went back to induction March 18th, and it's been super difficult. I made a folder on the computer of pics of myself and added some to my gallery-- the ones I like and want to get back to -- the ones I despise and pray I never get back to. Anything for motivation.

All that said, my biggest craving right now is oopsie rolls lol made them for the first time yesterday!! I've eaten four of them already

I ordered myself a new digital scale, got Hubby to go and get me a new journal (for food logs, weight logs and measurement logs -- I have all my journals since 2000 --- crazy, but true!), a tape measure (now I just gotta get the guts to step on the scale and take my measurements!!!).

The support and wisdom in these boards is just incredible and has been pretty invaluable to me these past weeks.

*~*~ The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.~*~*
rayven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 03:52 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tinamanni
Stats: 250/192/150
WOE: 80% fat
It gets easier! I find that within the first couple weeks of induction, not having something sweet when I'm craving it usually works -

Pickle with cheese wrapped around it
cheese crisps (micro American cheese)
Deviled eggs
Mayo w chicken or some kind of meet
fat fat fat fat
tinamanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:04 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: emgee
Stats: 148/101.6/103
WOE: LC
Totally agree with Tinamanni fat fat fat fat.
I would run like the wind from Splenda anything. Just makes me want sugar and more sweet things.
emgee is offline   Reply With Quote