Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2013, 07:03 AM   #1
A&F
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: A&F
Stats: 185/138.4/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 7/12/11
Induction is for me

The last four or five weeks I've been back on the wagon hard. I've been following Induction and have been keeping my carbs between 10 and 20 every day without really thinking about it. I feel fantastic and have been steadily losing weight and inches.

Last night I had a VERY small portion of pasta. I had some friends over to eat up leftovers - red beans and rice and home made pasta sauce - and I didn't have any alternative base for the pasta sauce for myself (mistake #1). I do love my pasta sauce so instead of forgoing the entire meal I had about half a cup of pasta as a vehicle for the sauce thinking that such a small amount wouldn't cause a problem as my carbs for the day at that point were less than ten.

I couldn't have been more wrong. Within the hour my stomach was incredibly "talkative" and I started having gas pains. The troubles have continued into this morning. Without a doubt I can say that my diet will never include this again. It was embarrassing and I felt terrible while trying to have a good time. A friend with Celiac thinks I might have a similar gluten intolerance; all I know is that low carb is for me, forever, regardless of any weight loss involved.

Has anyone else experienced this after "cheating?"
A&F is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2013, 07:18 AM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Ntombi
Stats: Restart: 360/284.4/190
WOE: Atkins for weight loss, NK for maintenance.
Start Date: Restarted: 1-3-13 Original: 8-23-02
When I'm on plan, I get a stomachache if I eat something with simple carbs; even a small amount can trigger it sometimes. I don't eat off plan really, but when I eat out, I might have corn starch in a soup, flour in a sauce, or a tiny big of sugar on a marinated meat. It's not enough to knock me out of ketosis, or eve stall me, but it can make my stomach hurt. Drinking plenty of water during and after the meal with trace carbs helps a lot.
Ntombi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:24 AM   #3
A&F
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: A&F
Stats: 185/138.4/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 7/12/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ntombi View Post
When I'm on plan, I get a stomachache if I eat something with simple carbs; even a small amount can trigger it sometimes. I don't eat off plan really, but when I eat out, I might have corn starch in a soup, flour in a sauce, or a tiny big of sugar on a marinated meat. It's not enough to knock me out of ketosis, or eve stall me, but it can make my stomach hurt. Drinking plenty of water during and after the meal with trace carbs helps a lot.
Thanks! Good to know it isn't just me. Next time I feel that rumbly feeling I'll be sure to up my water intake.
A&F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 02:03 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Shrinkingviolet
Stats: 248/238.4/140
WOE: Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: Oct 2010, restarting July 2014
I seem to tolerate carbs well from a tummy point of view, although I feel much better overall when I eat LC. Now for squeaky rumble tummy and talkative bottom.....polyols! I'm so, so sensitive to them and its got worse over time. If I have more than one LC hard candy then that's it, intestinal warfare
Shrinkingviolet is offline   Reply With Quote