Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Atkins Induction (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/atkins-induction/)
-   -   Oldie Here, But Starting over on Induction (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/atkins-induction/800032-oldie-here-but-starting-over-induction.html)

Pcola Girl 03-21-2013 01:17 PM

Oldie Here, But Starting over on Induction

Hi everyone. I am a oldie here with Low Carb, way back for over ten years ago. I have keep most the weight off but these last three years have been beginning to gain some back after I went through several surgeries. I try my best to stick to low carb but with my hubby bringing in fast food so many times for us for supper its been hard to lose any weight.
I just need some support and encourgement to stick to the plan that I know I can lose weight on because I have done it in the pass and for so many years ate right.
But now I am just all messed up with my eating and just want to get back to whats normal for me again, and thats the low carb plan.
I want to lose at least 60 more pounds, that would be good for me and make me happy to.
60 pounds will not make me thin by no means and I am not looking to be thin, just a nice size and healthy. I am tall, 5ft. 7inches and never have been really thin. 160 or 70 will be ok for me....
Talk with you all later and hope to get to know some of you real soon.

DairyQueen 03-24-2013 10:20 AM

Well, I'd say first off- make your husband stop bringing fast food into the house.
It's just as easy to go to a 7-11 and getting some eggs as it is to go to a fast food joint, right? Ask him to go to the grocery store and stock up on some low car foods-- roast a chicken, make a tub of tuna fish salad, egg salad, make a pot roast. Always have a variety of low carb snacks around. But stay away from that fast food!
OK -- if you can't stay away -- throw out the buns. take the skin off the chicken. use the lettuce for a wrap.

Pcola Girl 03-25-2013 02:07 PM

DairyQueen--I did have a long talk with my hubby and he promised me he would stop bringing in the fast food except it be for a salad. He knows how much losing this weight means to me. I have been trying to stand up more and yesterday I made up some tuna salad and fix other things to eat and keep in the fridge. That has helped me alot to. I made a big chicken salad yesterday and had some of it for lun ch today and at breakfast I eat my eggs and bacon. My hubby is home most the morning time to cook breakfast for me but he leaves around 10 for work and does not get in till around six or so.
I can stand some to cook but not for to long so I ususally pull a chair up to the stove and sit while I cook and I always sit at the kitchen table to prepare any foods I need to.

Thanks for your post. Talk with ya later.

moniruth 03-25-2013 09:11 PM

Welcome back Pcola Girl! I know it is hard to start again and to change those habits but it sounds like you are committed! I hope you have a good first couple of weeks! Keep posting and see you around! :welcome:

DairyQueen 03-26-2013 12:31 AM

The beach looks lovely!
and alsp- try to move around as much as you can! it WILL make you feel better (eventually!). And go outside for some of that good Vitamin D - our bodies need about 20 minutes every day of REAL SUNSHINE, and it looks as if you are in the perfect place to get some! (unlike DC, where it snowed today!)

cfine 03-26-2013 07:05 AM

Welcome back!

Pcola Girl 03-26-2013 12:30 PM

Thanks everyone for your support. I do get out every other day to do alittle walking in the fresh air and sunshine. I also have some potted plants and veggies that I tend to out on my patio. We also have a nice swimming pool so I love to sit in the sun by that and when the water is warm enough I plan to get in it and do some exercises like I do every summer.