Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2013, 04:46 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NoSunNoFun
Stats: 151.5/143.5/129.0 (5'3)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 3-9-2014
SF tomato paste

I need sugar free tomato paste. Not sauce.. any one know what brand or where to find it? Help!
NoSunNoFun is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2013, 06:02 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

I want to make cream of tomato soup so bad... I bought some tomato paste but it has 3 grams of per tablespoon and I used two and heavy cream and water I loved it but feel I just blew it!! 5 grams of carbs with 1 of fiber. Booo!!! But it was so good with a little splenda and salt OMG! Any other thoughts on this??
Old 03-18-2013, 08:19 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jakelilydad
WOE: low carbs
Start Date: Feb 2012
I have a half-used can of Contadina Tomato Paste in my fridge right now, which you inspired to make me look at... It says for 2 Tbsp, there are 6g carbs and 1 of fiber, and of the carbs 3 are from sugar. But the only ingredient is tomatoes, so I guess it is just the naturally occurring sugars in the tomato. I love cream of tomato soup, too, and I guess I feel that 5g of carbs is not too bad a deal occasionally.
Jakelilydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:21 PM   #4

Gallery: ravenrose
Stats: lost 130 lb so far, and miles to go before I sleep
WOE: low carb controlled calorie
Start Date: June, 2009
tomato paste is full of sugar because it's concentrated tomatoes and tomatoes are full of sugar. the sugar is not ADDED to it. there is no sugar free tomato paste, I am pretty confident. too bad, isn't it? but it's a very carby food.

saw your second post. I would not say "blew it" exactly, but this isn't a great choice. try to avoid these sugary things for awhile. don't fret, just get back on track. good luck!

Last edited by ravenrose; 03-18-2013 at 09:22 PM..
ravenrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:42 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Okay, so I drink lots of water daily.. and I made this amazing soup twice breakfast and then like I said again in my upper post prior to bed.. Again can I say its amazing!!! Heavy cream salt splenda, hot water and tomato paste.
I am still in ketosis this am I checked!!!! YAY!! I was so worried. So that is great news for me that maybe I can have this from time to time. I did google and you are right no tomato paste on the market that is sugar free. I did see sauce however, but not sure how that would turn out? Might try it later after I go through this little 68 cent jar Soooo in love lol.