Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2013, 04:46 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eterprincess
Stats: 210/210/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 1/7/13
Re-starting induction... Again lol

Atkins may be easy to follow, but my willpower doesn't understand that lol. Especially when sick. So I am back again, and will learn to not turn to chocolate when things get hairy at work. Really... I will...

So today is a 5 carb meal bar (detour low sugar bar... Freaking 4.49 at the convenience store... Grumble.... For the same price I can get the atkins meals at shoprite...) crack slaw for lunch, genaw's hamburger and broccoli Alfredo for dinner, probably mozarella stick for a snack.

Last edited by eterprincess; 03-13-2013 at 04:47 AM.. Reason: Title fix
eterprincess is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2013, 05:08 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: PaleoRainy
Stats: 212/158/144
WOE: IF with carb cycling
Start Date: 24/09/08
Quote:
Originally Posted by eterprincess View Post
Atkins may be easy to follow, but my willpower doesn't understand that lol. Especially when sick. So I am back again, and will learn to not turn to chocolate when things get hairy at work. Really... I will...
You seem to know what's your culprit, then make a plan.
You said you (A) turn to chocolate when things get difficult at work (B) eat off plan when you are sick.
Now you know what's the problem so you can sit down to make a plan.
(A) Decide what you will do about work rather than turning to chocolate. Decide for something other than eating or if you really decide to eat then find an acceptable food and make sure it is available.
(B) Sickness planning. What can you do? What is there at home? Put down a list of things you would eat and that are on plan, make sure they are available.
Old 03-21-2013, 12:37 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Pcola Girl
Stats: Start-325 Today-225 Goal 160
Start Date: Sarted Nov. 2000---Restarted New January 2008
I am back on induction after I began gaining weight back. I have had three surgeries in the last two years and not being able to move or walk for so long it began piling up on me again and my hubby bringing home fast food for supper time, well that did not help any either.
So I am back to induction. I lost alot of my weight back ten years ago and have kept it off until now and I have promised myself that i would never gain it back and get that big ever again. I scares me when I do gain and I begin to panic.
I just need someone to stand with me now and someone to talk to, thats all.
Today i had for breakfast my scrambble egg, bacon and coffee
Lunch was a tuna salad and iced tea.
Supper will be just a salad with chicken on top and my Italian dressing on it and maybe water to drink.
I am going to do Like I did once before and do not snack because that messed me up bad once and I do not want to go throught that again.
So I am going to eat my salads and really low carb for a week or two to boost my weight lost and hopely it will work for me.
I am no youngster like alot of you here I am in my late 60's so anyone who wants to stand here with me I would greatly appreciate it.

Last edited by Pcola Girl; 03-21-2013 at 12:38 PM..
Pcola Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:07 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cmiller130
Stats: 211/193/130
Start Date: 10/01/2013
I am restarting again too! Back in 2005 I lost 62 lbs. doing Atkins after battling weight for my whole life. I will always have that battle! Anyhoo....I have had some major setbacks in life that, well, made me out of control with emotions, and I am an emotional eater. I have gained all but 12 pounds of what I had lost. I am also in pre-menopause so I know the hormones aren't helping. I have finally decided to try to "take my life back" and get myself healthy. I have to to the LC thing because....well....I actually feel better when I do very low carb. I am on day 4 and already feel a difference. Scale only moved 3 pounds but I am trying to focus mainly on how I feel! PCOLA girl I will stand with you if you stand with me!
Old 04-04-2013, 07:43 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hopetolose
Stats: 144/132/120
Good morning,
May I join? I am restarting today, too. Have tried to restart and just can't get to going with it this time. I have had success in the past - lost 40#, but need to lose another 15-20 to get to my goal. Today's menu:
B - 2 eggs cooked in coconut oil
L - Small salad/dressing, 4 oz turkey
D - 4 oz beef, 1/2 c. cauliflower
I will try to offer support and appreciate any you girls can give me.
Have a great day.
hopetolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 04:26 PM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Kpass001
Stats: 229/225/140
WOE: Atkins/Moderate Carbs
Start Date: April 2013
So glad to have found this board! I'm starting back up too. Found great success about a month ago losing ten pounds in about 2 weeks. Lost my drive around valentines/spring break (I'm a teacher). Ready and determined to get back on track and do induction right!

Today:
B: Atkins shake
S: 1 mozzarella stick
L: spinach salad w/cheese, turkey, cukes, 1 tblspn ranch
D: Stir fry chicken w/ red pepper and side of steamed broccoli/bok choy
S: sugar free jello

How long has everyone been "sober"?

~Kristin

Last edited by Kpass001; 04-04-2013 at 04:28 PM..
Kpass001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:37 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Pcola Girl
Stats: Start-325 Today-225 Goal 160
Start Date: Sarted Nov. 2000---Restarted New January 2008
I have been doing ok so far. I am only five pounds since I began back on my low carb eating but that is good for me because I am not to active except for my walking. I do do some execises in my home trying to get my leg strength back after having both my knees replaced last year.
My problem was my hubby, he is not over weight and can eat anything but I am the opposite. I look at food and gain!!!!
But I am planning my meals once again like I did once upon a time and that helps me alot. If my hubby wants a food that is not on my low carb list, I just fix it for him and I stay away from it. It has not been easy to not want them but I am determined to lose my weight. I need to lose it now for my health and right now that is whats important to me, my health..
Pcola Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:18 PM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: klewis0906
I'll join you ladies. I started low carb last Monday and was down 4lbs. I already had the ketone sticks so I started using them. After Easter Dinner, bye bye 4lbs. So I actually started over on Monday. I guess I should have pulled out my Atkins book because for some reason, I was thinking the goal was to stay under 80 carbs? I've been on so many diets, I forget whats what. So after reading the posts, I see its 20 carbs, so basically I'm starting over AGAIN!!!

B - 2 slices of bacon and a fried egg
L - Deconstructed bacon, mushroom, cheeseburger (no bun)
D - crack slaw (groundbeef and cabbage stirfry)
S- fried pork rinds
Water - (4) 32 ozs.
klewis0906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:12 PM   #9
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: TheHarlequin13
Starting Over Too

Hi! I'm battling horrific PMDD, and gave in to the ice cream today. I'm restarting tomorrow. I battle with binge eating, so I am very disappointed- I had been on induction nearly a month- unfortunately have only lost 4 pounds, and was getting extremely frustrated. I will be stricter after my period cravings are over, cutting out diet soda and cheese as well, but for now- I am going to enjoy what I can have for a couple of days, just trying not to overdo it. Had way too many McDonalds meat patties with mayo because I was absolutely starving after school... I realize now that I CANNOT have the Atkins bars or meals (they contain potato flour and a ton of other ingredients that are terrible for induction) and I need to stay with a similar food routine of 3 meals a day, no snacks. My trouble seems to be when I skip lunch, because I spend my afternoons extremely busy, with no time to cook. In these situations I usually end up eating these Atkins bars, or "low-carb" ice cream if it gets too late. Must stop this!! Maybe we can all start over together Good luck, all!
TheHarlequin13 is offline   Reply With Quote