Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2013, 04:16 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: AliB
Stats: 144/144/125
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 3/10/2013
Starting Induction:20 Pounds to Lose!

I'm a 5'3", female, and 25 years old. I've got about 20-25 pounds to lose (currently at 144) and I'm starting induction tomorrow! A special concern for me is that I'm diagnosed hypothyroid, so that affects my metabolism. Hopefully low-carb will be just the thing I need to shed the excess weight.

Just wanted to check in here, see if there were others with similar weight loss goals, and create a thread for us to post our weight loss. I think posting my weight loss will help keep me on track and hopefully I'll be in good company!

Good luck to everyone. We can do this!

Last edited by AliB; 03-10-2013 at 04:18 PM..
AliB is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2013, 04:37 PM   #2
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/138.6/?
WOE: lc
Hi Ali
I'll post here with you. I'd like to lose about 25. I am doing Atkins 72 starting tomorrow which is mostly meat/eggs for the first week.
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 04:47 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Sounds great Jeaniem! Thanks for posting. I'm going to try lean meats (tuna in olive oil/ground turkey in low sat fat butter), cheese, veggies, and avocados. Congrats on your weight loss so far!
Old 03-10-2013, 06:12 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member

I'm also wondering if anyone knows how much I might lose during the induction phase since I only have about 20-25 to lose? I realize it differs for everyone, but I'm struggling to find information on similar situations. I'll start moderate exercise in the second week. Any guesses? Thanks!
Old 03-11-2013, 10:19 AM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Insanity
I am starting induction again tomorrow, aged 24, 5'5" and have about 20 to lose. We could keep track considering quite similar goals! Im ashamed to admit this is probably about the 4-5th time Im starting induction, and i lose about 3-4pounds usually in the first week. but a friend of mine who had less to lose than me lost nearly 10 during induction so i think it does vary a lot.

I need some extra motivation this time! lets do it team
Insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:05 PM   #6
Junior LCF Member

I'd be happy with even 3-4 pounds in the first week! We'll see what happens. Today's my first day of low-carbing it. I might have to add some bacon to get my calories up, but here we go!
Old 03-12-2013, 05:53 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: labmini
Stats: 197.5/170/150
WOE: Keeping it real, clean and low carb
Start Date: 7/1/12
AliB- I am so glad to see you say you need to add some bacon because if you are going to go with the lean meats above you may find adding some fats (CO, Mayo, HWC) and maybe some fattier meats will help you along.

Best of luck! I too am looking to lose about another 20 to get to goal, and I too top out a 5'3"!
labmini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:12 PM   #8
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/138.6/?
WOE: lc
I need to get my head in the game! I wake up fully intending to get started on vlc, but can't get excited about the food and end up eating carbs all day.

How did everyone's day go?
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 02:39 AM   #9
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Insanity
Unfortunately haven't had a good day either, had a function tonight where a prospective boss wanted to have a drink with me (in a very not inappropriate at all kind of way dont worry) so yea drinks and pizza! Not a great start. Already feel better that I can come report to this thread though! Rest of the day was good - tuna omelet, protein shake, coffee+hwc, chicken+cabbage and a couple of sugar free lollies. What about you aliB?
Insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 01:07 PM   #10
Junior LCF Member

Hey folks! Well, I have to say that yesterday was really awful for the atkins flu. I think I wasn't getting enough veggies, so I ate some low carb green beans and felt loooaaads better. I know it's recommended that you give up aspartame during induction, but I've been cheating that a little and having a sip or two of coke zero everyday. I've still lost 2.5 lbs. since monday, so I'll take it!

I feel you both on having a difficult time getting excited about the food. I did get really excited about this one meal I had the other day though and I thought I'd share:

1 Portebella mushroom cap
1 Trader Joe's Pesto Basil Sausage
1/2 cup shredded 3 cheese blend

Steps:
1) Heat oven to 400 degrees F
2) Rub the mushroom in olive oil
3) Cook the sausage in the microwave or on the stove.
4) Slice the sausage and put the slices on the bottom of the mushroom cap.
5) Sprinkle the cheese over the sausage.
6) Cook for 10-15 minutes. And that's it!

I'm sure you could use a different low carb sausage if you're not around a trader joe's. But this turned out really well!

Oh and Labmini, thanks for confirming the choice to eat some bacon. I think I'll ask for some on my chicken caesar salad! Keep trying everyone. The sooner we move, the sooner we finish!