Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Atkins Induction (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/atkins-induction/)
-   -   Pee Pee Pee -- seems like that's all I do all day! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/atkins-induction/798788-pee-pee-pee-seems-like-thats-all-i-do-all-day.html)

Pippa 03-05-2013 01:02 PM

Pee Pee Pee -- seems like that's all I do all day!
 
I understand why I'm peeing more, but not sure how long it's supposed to be like this. I've been doing induction since Jan 20 of this year. I drink chicken broth and/or eat pickles every day (got bad leg cramps last time around so trying to avoid those) and check my ketones in the am and sometimes throughout day if I'm eat something questionable. So just how long is one's body supposed to be ridding itself of water like this? Yes, my trips to the bathroom have decreased a little, but I still have to go a LOT and at least once or twice during the night. Thanks.:confused:

MtherGoos 03-05-2013 02:33 PM

Oddly enough, I like all the peeing! LOL :hyst: When my kids make fun of me, I tell them that it's how the fat is leaving my body. So the more I pee, the happier I am. And any night that I have to get up to pee during the night, it usually means a good loss the next day. :dunno:

shelby'snana 03-05-2013 05:11 PM

I drink all the time and therefore pee all the time too !! Kinda hard at work, cause when I have to go I HAVE to go !!

But keep drinking !!

Ntombi 03-09-2013 01:30 PM

I recently increased my water intake from a lot to a hell of a lot, because I'm taking steroids, which typically lead to weight gain and mega water retention.

I've been peeing so much, it's ridiculous. I started keeping track, and for a few hours, I was peeing every half hour. :eek:

The good news is that I've continued to lose while I'm on the prednisone (*knock on wood*), so I'll take the trips to the bathroom and excessive use of TP. :p

Bethanyblondie 03-11-2013 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MtherGoos (Post 16297713)
Oddly enough, I like all the peeing! LOL :hyst: When my kids make fun of me, I tell them that it's how the fat is leaving my body. So the more I pee, the happier I am. And any night that I have to get up to pee during the night, it usually means a good loss the next day. :dunno:

I SO agree! I actually get excited now if wake up in the middle of the night dying to go to the bathroom. I'm exactly the same way...the more I pee, the better the numbers are the next day on the scale!:clap:

Big Stevie 03-12-2013 09:32 AM

The extra peeing stopped after about 3 months for me. I am still drinking a gallon of water everyday and peeing a lot, but not as frequently. Or at least not the every hour like I was in the beginning. It will settle down.

Ntombi 03-12-2013 10:16 AM

Yes, it does settle down, but if you increase your intake again, it'll start up again. At least it did for me. I was drinking a lot of water before, not peeing crazy often, but I increased my intake by about a third this past week, and I'm peeing more than twice as often.

abitobeef 03-12-2013 02:08 PM

When I was on induction ohase, I experienced the same thing. Watch out for caffiene though it seems to make things worse.

Shrinkingviolet 03-19-2013 04:50 AM

Pee indeed
 
Lol, had to laugh when I saw this post, I'm on my second go round of Atkins, second day of induction and I've been up and down from the loo for the last 24 hours, haha! It's annoying but I like it too because it shows things are working and on the move. I lost 40lb last time but put it all back on due to depression and loss of control, but now mama's BACK in control and I'm smiling as I pee :hyst: another good sign I find is the sweats, I sometimes get boiling hot and that often means the whoosh fairy is coming to visit, yay! ;)

A&F 03-23-2013 07:39 AM

It comes and goes for me. It seems to increase right before my TOM and before a visit from the woosh fairy. When I notice this happening I try to make sure I'm keeping my sodium, calcium, magnesium, and potassium levels up.

It doesn't bother me too much at work, but when I'm hanging out with friends and constantly leaving to go to the bathroom I sometimes get a little self-conscious.

PinkyLee 03-23-2013 08:51 AM

and pee again...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bethanyblondie (Post 16309272)
I SO agree! I actually get excited now if wake up in the middle of the night dying to go to the bathroom. I'm exactly the same way...the more I pee, the better the numbers are the next day on the scale!:clap:

LOL! I now have an entirely new slant on sleep interruptions (pee pee pee) I hear you on the all I seem to do is pee. And I am losing well at the end of my first week I am 10 lbs lighter. :D yay!

From now on when I get up a couple of times in the night to pee I will be happy about it!!

PinkyLee 03-24-2013 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shrinkingviolet (Post 16324044)
Lanother good sign I find is the sweats, I sometimes get boiling hot and that often means the whoosh fairy is coming to visit, yay! ;)

I hope that holds true for me too! I am post menopause but for the most part those hot grubby sweaty feelings were gone. The past couple of days they have been terrible in the morning. Blah.

:)

pawleys14 03-25-2013 04:43 PM

I drink a lot of water... and have to visit the loo a lot... but when I drink soda... wow....... I am really in the loo a lot.....:lol::stars:

Shrinkingviolet 03-26-2013 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkyLee (Post 16333261)
I hope that holds true for me too! I am post menopause but for the most part those hot grubby sweaty feelings were gone. The past couple of days they have been terrible in the morning. Blah.

:)

I don't know if there's anything scientific behind it but I sometimes get boiling hot and sweaty and I think of it as burning fat because then in then next day or so I get a whoosh :)

PinkyLee 03-26-2013 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shrinkingviolet (Post 16336488)
I don't know if there's anything scientific behind it but I sometimes get boiling hot and sweaty and I think of it as burning fat because then in then next day or so I get a whoosh :)

I hope you're right cause my scale isn't doing anything much. But I feel so much different. And I look different and that is good but I want the pounds gone!!gone!gone!gone! :aprayer:

Shrinkingviolet 03-26-2013 06:45 AM

:hugs: crossing my fingers for you!!

PinkyLee 03-27-2013 06:54 AM

:(
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shrinkingviolet (Post 16336818)
:hugs: crossing my fingers for you!!

Where is the Ketosis Faery?

cfine 03-28-2013 04:01 PM

I also usually have a whoosh if I start going a lot.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:06 PM.