Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2013, 09:07 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Location: my own little world...but hey, there's pretty colors, flowers...very nice :o)
Gallery: starryblu
Stats: 203/199/140
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: august 2012
First week--how much is too much to lose?

Hi everyone

I just finished my first week of induction & lost 9.4 lbs. not that I'm complaining, but is that too much? I expect my second week won't be nearly so much of a loss.

I am very excited about it though! I love those nasty old cravings being gone. I'm rarely hungry. I'm a totally different me
starryblu is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2013, 11:22 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LiterateGriffin
Stats: 236.5 start (Jan 2012) /199.7/150 goal 5'9", 42 yr
WOE: Atkins (though I think a fairly early version)
Start Date: Jan 6 2012
The amount your body loses is what it needs to lose. Don't worry about "too much".

A lot of the initial loss is water-weight from stored glycogen. (The water is chemically locked in, with the glycogen. Your body is using up all its glycogen stores right now, and in the process, flushing that stored water. Water is heavy... Thus, big early losses.)

The loss will slow naturally, over the next few weeks.

Enjoy your losses and improved sense of well-being, and don't lose heart when your scale-losses slow a bit, around Week 3. Some people even stall, then. Don't worry -- just stick with it, and you'll start shrinking again.
10/31/2012: 38.6% 11/02/2012: 36.5%
11/03/2012: 39.1% 11/04/2012: 39.3%
11/05/2012: 39.3% 11/07/2012: 38.5%
11/10/2012: 38.9%
LiterateGriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:19 PM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
Start Date: 2012
I don't think there is such a thing as too much. A good amount of the initial loss is water weight. And we tend to have a week 3 (or sometime near there) stall with no loss. I think it averages out for most people after about a month or two to a more reasonable loss rate.

Congratulations on an awesome first week loss!!
AsmallerME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:03 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kempmuhlbauer
Stats: 274/274/190
WOE: Normal old atkins
Start Date: 10/21/13
Congrats on an awesome week. And like Amber said it will all average out. Please do not get dscouraged at all later down the road. Griffin is correct that you will experience some stalls along the way but the overall downward trend is what we are all looking for. Again it does feel awesome to lose that much in the first week, water or fat either way we will take it right?!?!?! I have to remind myself all the time that it is a marathon not a sprint to our goal weight. And amber is the one that reminds me all the time.

"STAY HEALTHY MY FRIENDS"

GOALS:
1. Keep on plan
2. Stay on plan
3. Work out
4. Run a 1/2 marathon on Jan. 19th!!!
kempmuhlbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:29 PM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: KatieJo
Stats: 215/195.4/160/5'8"
Start Date: 1/13/13
Agree with what has already been said.
I lost 9lbs my first week too, the following week only 2lbs. I 'stalled out' and was getting frustrated but now 5.5wks after starting the weight has been coming off again, Im down 7lbs since the start of Feb.
KatieJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:42 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/132.8/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
I'm on day 4, and down almost 10 pounds already!! Of course, I have a LOT more to lose than you do, but I'm excited and hoping that excitement will carry me through the slower times. Congratulations on your loss!!
MtherGoos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:52 PM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Location: my own little world...but hey, there's pretty colors, flowers...very nice :o)
Gallery: starryblu
Stats: 203/199/140
Start Date: august 2012
thank you all so much for your input and support! i really was feeling good about the loss, though i know it really was mostly water. i was so excited!! i think i've gotten myself discouraged now though...nothing lost since monday. actually up about 1 1/2 lbs. i know its a slow process, but it's really hard to not be impatient. i was going along so well! the first day of my second week seems rather early to stall, and the week hasn't gotten any better.

i'm going to take a look at what i'm eating, and make sure i'm not overdoing something. i seriously don't think i am. i know i'm staying under 20 where the carbs are concerned. i'm going to have to knuckle down and make sure i don't overdo on stuff like cream and cheese and sweeteners. i'm not stuffing myself with any of it, but i guess even a little too much of something can throw some people off, right? i'm going to get the keto sticks as well. if they show that i am in ketosis, then i won't worry so much about what i'm eating. i don't want to cut back any more than i have to lol....i just know myself that i'm doing really well compared to my past history. i really feel like i'm doing what i should be. haven't cheated once. in the past when i've tried to lose weight, i couldn't even make it through a whole day without eating food that wasn't on my plan.

so cross your fingers for me, and thank you again, so very much! i really appreciate the encouragement
starryblu is offline   Reply With Quote