Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2013, 07:00 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LiterateGriffin
Stats: 236.5 start (Jan 2012) /214.9/150 goal 5'9", 44 yr
WOE: Atkins (though I think a fairly early version)
Start Date: Jan 6 2012
Back in the saddle...

I put myself on maintenance for a little while, because I was getting frustrated with worrying about my loss (or lack thereof).

What I didn't realize in so many words at the time was that this was coinciding with my husband's job-situation "reaching crisis". I think it was just about the time he was doing about 3 interviews a week in an effort to get OUT of his job that I decided to step back.

Well, funny thing, he started his NEW JOB yesterday, and I decided (last week) that I was ready to come back on Induction "this week" -- ie: at the beginning of the work-week, which was -- you guessed it -- yesterday.

So here I am.

I'm going to be doing a pretty strict induction, with lots of focus on high-fat.

Another thing: since I moved cross-country back in Sept, I really haven't been keeping up with my supplements. I want to get back "on-track" with that, as I know it helps my metabolism and over-all health.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2013, 09:53 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DairyQueen
Stats: 5'6" 189/141/130
WOE: Atkins induction plus wine/light beer
Start Date: restarted 3/9/12
Good for you LG (applauding loudly)
DairyQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:30 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Julie1972
Stats: 220/186/160
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 1/1/2013
Good for you for recognizing the issue and making adjustments!
Julie1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:28 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMacB
Stats: 275/185/160
WOE: Modified Atkins/general low carb
Start Date: Feb 2012
Great news about your husband's new job! That stress being removed has to help everything.
JMacB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:09 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LiterateGriffin
Stats: 236.5 start (Jan 2012) /214.9/150 goal 5'9", 44 yr
WOE: Atkins (though I think a fairly early version)
Start Date: Jan 6 2012
lol Turns out we've got a whole new set of stresses, figuring out our new schedule -- between school busses, work, swim classes, and the gym (all with 1 car). I drove 22 miles this morning, just dropping people off.

But it's a POSITIVE feeling, now, rather than the sinking feeling before. (Not only was the job a bad one, but hubby had realized there was fraud going on... And that his POSITION there was being used as part of it.) This new job feels like where he's wanted to be for the past 10 years.

HE'S positive, which makes it easy for ME to be positive. Which makes it easy for me to take proper care of myself again.

Weight was exactly the same this morning -- 195.8.

As for what goes in my mouth... Well, this morning, I tried to eat half my normal breakfast. lol (If I have fat-bombs for breakfast, I eat 2, and know that'll get me through whatever my morning holds. Except my husband ate one of mine on our way to his work, and I forgot. So when I was hungry just now, I almost didn't eat! )

SO, I've now had my "full" breakfast, and spent 20 minutes taking crab-meat out of its shell to use for dinner. Goofing off a bit, before cooking up some of that pork-fat I was so excited about.
LiterateGriffin is offline   Reply With Quote