Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Atkins Induction (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/atkins-induction/)
-   -   So, what do you eat when you want a little chocolate? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/atkins-induction/796882-so-what-do-you-eat-when-you-want-little-chocolate.html)

Susann 02-11-2013 11:16 AM

So, what do you eat when you want a little chocolate?

Not cravings or anything but the last couple of days I've been wanting a piece of chocolate. Suggestions?

Susann 02-11-2013 11:18 AM

roxysmum 02-11-2013 12:01 PM

yes...suggestions! I would like something sweet on Vday that won't blow the weight loss or make me feel super guilty.

makrida 02-11-2013 12:03 PM

I eat a bit of sugar free chocolate or some very dark chocolate

princessmommy 02-11-2013 12:38 PM

Last night I took some hwc and added sweetner and a little powder Cocoa and whipped it up. Chilled it in the freezer for awhile and it was So yum!

Susann 02-11-2013 04:37 PM

Makrida-I went back and checked the Lindt 90% dark chocolate bar I usually get. It has 12 carbs/7fiber/3sugar but the 99% has 12/7/1-not sure I could handle that! What kind of SF to you like-I've never tried it. Does if affect your being in ketosis?

PrincessMommy-Think I'll try your HWC/cocoa/splenda suggestion, Thanks!

makrida 02-11-2013 04:42 PM

I just buy Russell Stovers... I just have a couple of squares, or sometimes just one, and bite tiny pieces off and let them melt. I don't eat whole bars of it at a time. So far so good !

Susann 02-11-2013 05:32 PM

Thanks, Makrida! Will look for those tomorrow. I've just been wanting a little piece of chocolate and think I'd be satisfied and not hog wild on it. I've also made PrincessMommy's suggestion and have it in the freezer.

DairyQueen 02-11-2013 06:02 PM

Perfect!!!

LC_Bunny 02-12-2013 07:21 AM

I make a mock brownie. Its delicious and better then buying the sugarfree chocolates, those make me gain or stall. The mock brownies dont effect me at all.

Get a small baking bowl, melt a pat of butter in it in the microwave....then I add one egg, 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1 TBSP unsweetened baking cocoa, liquid Sucralose (EZ Sweetz or Sweetzfree) I like it very sweet, so I add a few squirts. I add a lil vanilla, then I add one scoop of Body Fortress Whey Protein Powder in Chocolate flavor. (I get that at Walmart) Mix it all up and put it in the toaster oven at 400 degrees for about 12 to 15 min. I like it runny kinda in the middle like a molten cake.

I add whip cream on top too, yummy!!! I use heavy cream and Sweetzfree in one of those iSi whip cream makers.

FYI-- Body Fortress seems to have changed the carb content from 4g to 7 or 8g a scoop. I cant figure out why, so I wont make these again until I find the lower carb powder again :( I am not sure if they changed the recipe or I just bought the wrong one lol ????

Susann 02-12-2013 07:27 AM

PrincessMommy-I made your suggestion last night and it was delicious and hit the spot! Thanks!!

Fitness Kitty-The brownie sounds delicious. I haven't played with the protein powders. yet.

roxysmum 02-12-2013 08:19 AM

princess mommy, LOVE your suggestion. sounds like a mousse. that'll be my treat on Vday while my hubby and kiddo are chowing down on chocolate :)

Teri100 02-12-2013 03:12 PM

I am new to Atkins. On January 7.2013 I changed my entire eating habits after years of poor success. I took out sugar, caffeine, 85% of artificial sweetners except Stevia and 1 packet of splenda per day, wheat/flour/bread/pasta etc. And I went completely low-carb. I have 100 pounds to lose and I have lost 12 of them so far. Now I am scared to even get near sugar or caffeine because the withdrawal headaches almost killed me. Today, for the first time I enjoyed an Atkins Caramel Chocolate Peanut Nougat Bar, it was beyond wonderful. I have read the net carb info on the package but I am nervous...it sure tasted too good not to wreck this new eating plan. Does anyone else eat the Atkins bars? does it still facilitate the same weight loss as induction?

Big Stevie 02-12-2013 06:16 PM

Everyone is different with the bars. I can't eat them myself. They cause me to be really hungry afterwards, every time I eat them. I also obsess over them when they are in the house so I just say no.

For a chocolate fix, I whip up some chocolate mouse or I eat a single square of dark chocolate.

cfine 02-12-2013 06:34 PM

I found a chocolate bar recently that was sweetened with stevia. It was the best I've ever had.
I also make a delicious egg cream shake that is yummy:1 cup unsweetened almond milk, two tbsp. cocoa powder, two eggs, 15 drops liquid stevia, two tbsp. HWC.

princessmommy 02-12-2013 08:21 PM

Glad you liked it susann! I Love it because it's fast and easy to make and hits the spot

Christiansnanna 02-13-2013 06:09 AM

What is Hwc? I may want to try choc mousse for valentines day myself!

DairyQueen 02-13-2013 10:00 AM

i was saying Perfect to PrincessMommy's (shelly's) whipped cream and cocoa concoction. I have an isi whipper and it is my GO TO when i need a squirt of something sweet. I use heavy cream and a couple dashes of a SF davinci syrup. Nice fluffy whipped cream and I only need a spoonful to be satisfied. Now, my dog, Chloe, usually needs a little bit more than that!

Yaz 02-13-2013 10:04 AM

I melt a couple of tablespoons of coconut oil, mix in some cocoa powder, a dash of salt and liquid vanilla stevia to taste. Pour it into a silicone mold or a plastic or parchment lined plate and put in the freezer until hardened.

Type1mom 02-13-2013 11:08 AM

HWC = Heavy whipping Cream

:)

Kizz4k 02-13-2013 11:50 AM

I eat the Russel Stovers sugar free candies. A lot of people gain or stall on them, but it doesn't effect me at all. It takes care of my "sweet tooth" and it's way better then cheating. My current favorite are the sugar free Resee's cups! Yummm!

Warning: Don't eat more then 1-3 of these little guys or you will be hanging out on the toilet. The sugar alcohols will tear you up if you eat too much :)

roxysmum 02-13-2013 12:03 PM

i made princessmommy's quick dessert last night. it was absolutely perfect!

Kizz4k 02-14-2013 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roxysmum (Post 16257374)
i made princessmommy's quick dessert last night. it was absolutely perfect!

What's all this fuss about!? I'm going to have to try this myself! :)

Okay-I just went into the kitchen and literally whipped this up and I have to say from tasting the batter, OMG! No wonder everyone's going nuts! It was amazing! I made mine with zero carbs by substituting the sweetner with sugar-free maple syrup (o carbs) and topped with chopped Rasberry sugar-free Hershey's candy bar (o carbs) The HWC I buy from Kroger also has no carbs...sooooo this will be great for V-day desert tonight! I put it in a fancy glass pudding holder and it looks amazing-can't wait to taste it frozen.
Thanks Princessmommy for this awesome idea :)

roxysmum 02-14-2013 01:55 PM

i made mine with HWC, cocoa powder and some splenda. nothing else. my only problem was it was a hassel to get out of my magic bullet. so i ended up grabbing a spoon to eat it out of the sides.

DairyQueen 02-14-2013 03:28 PM

one tablespoon of Hershey's cocoa has 10 calories, 3 grams total carb, 2 grams dietary fiber, 0 grams sugars for a net of 1 carb per TB.

Kizz4k 02-15-2013 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DairyQueen (Post 16259722)
one tablespoon of Hershey's cocoa has 10 calories, 3 grams total carb, 2 grams dietary fiber, 0 grams sugars for a net of 1 carb per TB.

I use Baker's Corner cocoa that has less then one gram carbohydrate per Tb plus 2 grams fiber which would actually put it the negative at -1 Net carb :)

DairyQueen 02-15-2013 05:23 PM

Haha kizz you're on to something....the All Unsweetened Cocoa Powder Diet!!!! Lose weight while you sleep!

Kizz4k 02-16-2013 01:09 PM

:yummy:
Quote:

Originally Posted by DairyQueen (Post 16261624)
Haha kizz you're on to something....the All Unsweetened Cocoa Powder Diet!!!! Lose weight while you sleep!

Oh yeah, baby! That's the diet for me!