Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2013, 09:44 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Susann
Stats: 252/236/130-5'4"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 01/14/2013
So, how many calories should I be aiming for....

I'm almost a month into Induction and doing really well with keeping my carbs around or a little less than 20. In the past, I know there have been times my weight loss has stalled because I was taking in so few calories without realizing it because I wasn't hungry. So, for future reference, around how many calories should I be taking in? Thanks!

1/14 252 Week/Total Loss
1/21 243 (-9, -9)
1/28 240 (-3,-12)
2/4 238 (-2,-14)
2/11 236 (-2,-16)
Susann is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2013, 09:53 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: PenPen13
Stats: 150/135
WOE: HCG
Start Date: 09/09/11
Susann:
Looks like I am following you!!! I think I posted a question to you on another thread.
This is a good question. I know everything I have read states not to worry about calories but I think some of my problem is not eating enough. I don't know if I should try and throw in some of those "fat bombs" to boost my fat intake. I look at the other menus and mine are very similar....how about you?
You have had an awesome loss since you started in January!! Great job!!
I will keep an eye here to see what everyone else suggests.
PenPen13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:09 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Hi PenPen13!
It seems to be going well and I do feel a lot better without the carb addiciton! I guess I haven't paid that much attention to other menus just scan for ideas. I know I really have no idea on calories-brings back horrific memories of starving myself and not losing on WW Hopefully, someone will give us an idea!
Old 02-11-2013, 12:13 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

I hear ya girlfriend! I was doing WW right before I switched over to LC. I was always hungry and trying to figure out what to eat next. Get out of my way when i was still hungry and was out of points for the day!!!!
I was just reading your response to the ketone sticks. People just always seem so excited when they are in the purple. I guess you shouldn't really be if you are not drinking enough. I am at a loss as to how I am not losing anything. Everything I read that people are doing I am doing! Oh well I am only 1 week in so .......grin and bear it. I really only want to lose 15 lbs or so so maybe my body is a slow learner.
I have submitted this same question on several threads, some of the people who are on the multiple threads like I am are probably tired of hearing me complain. I am just stumped is all. But I am not hungry and that is a good thing.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:20 PM   #5
Junior LCF Member

PenPen13-
I always wonder why people are excited about the darker color on Keto sticks but maybe I'm wrong-so, off to check!

Here's what I found-
http://www.netrition.com/lowcarb_newbies_ketosis.html

Last edited by Susann; 02-11-2013 at 03:30 PM..
Old 02-12-2013, 10:02 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Susann
If I felt that my clothes were even the slightest big bigger...I would be happy. I think I turned to these sticks to make me feel like something was happening at least.
I don't know if my body is just that resistant or what??? I see how some people cheat or eat things they really shouldn't and still seem to lose.
Are you strict about your eating? Have you been losing?
Old 02-12-2013, 09:29 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: manders
Stats: 232/191.1/140/5'8
WOE: hHCG
Start Date: Feb 2012
Hey there!

I can be anywhere between 800 and 1300 calories for a day. I keep my carbs below 20g and I eat protein and fat until I feel satisfied. Generally that's 4 eggs for breakfast, a serving of beef for lunch and chicken or eggs for dinner! I also sometimes munch on coconut oil for a snack.

The more weight I lose, the less it becomes about losing the pounds and the more it becomes about being healthier, eating clean and treating my body like a machine (that rhymed lol)

Do you mind posting a menu for a day on here? If you've been on strict induction for a week, you should 100% see SOME results, so there's something going on here. I hope you'll humour me with sharing your eating plan so I can help you. =)
Old 02-14-2013, 09:34 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

I would love to and any help you can provide I would be most grateful
My menus stay pretty much the same
B: scrambled eggs with butter and one slice of cheese, 2 slices of bacon or 2 turkey sausage patties.
or
B: protein powder (2 carbs 0 sugar), unsweetened almond milk and one egg
L: salad, radishes and ranch or blue cheese dressing.- usually a meat such as chicken baked, tuna salad, egg salad or shredded pork
S; cheese stick ( usually only 2 times a week because I don't need it)
D: salad as above and a meat - ribeye, hamburger or chicken
Lunchmeats from time to time but I buy the Boars Head which is not processed.
Cheese I am only eating babybel or Kraft deluxe slices - limiting both
no processed meat like hot dogs or sausages etc except sometimes the turkey sausage for breakfast
Drinking: water, water with mio drops, La Croix drinks or Syfo water (bubble water) no alcohol either, I have had one diet soda in two weeks.
That is it. No other vegs, no fruit, no sweets, no nuts and I swear no cheats!
I do chew sugarless gum maybe twice a day after eating just because my mouth feels yuk.
ANY SUGGESTIONS are much appreciated!! I just can't figure out what I am doing wrong.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:06 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Big Stevie
Stats: 295 Start/212 now/195 goal
Start Date: 7-22-12
The approach I take is to keep carbs less than 20 grams. I then put my menus into an online tracker to see what the calories and percentages were. I find that without counting calories, I end up about the same place every day just eating until I am satisfied. For me, that it is around 1,800 calories. (I am a 230 pound man). I also look at my percentage of fat, protein and carbs. I keep them around 65% fat, 30% protein and 5% carbs. For me, I found I did this naturally by just keeping my carbs below 20 grams. Some people need to make adjustments in their menus but I didn't. You should check yours menus to see where you are at. Then report back and we can analyze them to see if any changes are needed. But if you are getting enough fat, you usually aren't overly hungry and tend not to overeat. Your blood sugar stabilizes and the craving go away.
Big Stevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 04:37 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: manders
Stats: 232/191.1/140/5'8
WOE: hHCG
Start Date: Feb 2012
Hi all! Sorry it took me so long to reply!

Have you tried tracking every single thing you put into your mouth? I bet you'd be surprised how many carbs you're eating. There's one carb in one egg. There's carbs in cheese, as there are in all dairy products. There can be about 2-3 carbs in each TBSP of dressing, so best case scenarios, that's around 4 carbs there. You need to track your macronutrients.

It IS possible to over-do the protein. I really believe you should cut all the cheese out. I know it's allowable, but that's mostly what I see causing it. I think you need to up your fat intake as well. Fat will not make you fat. This is an example of what I eat.

B: 3-4 eggs over easy in coconut oil.
L: Mixed greens with cucumbers and tomatoes, beef or chicken, oil for dressing.
D: Same as above, or more eggs.
S: coconut oil and/or vegan protein drink.

When we should only be having 20 carbs or less a day, a few sneaky carbs here and there does make difference. Track it more closely.
manders is offline   Reply With Quote