Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2013, 02:37 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lileve
Stats: 221/187/120
WOE: LC - atkins my way
Start Date: new start: jan 2013.
Hang in there everyone, we will see those numbers go down!

Dinner was a chicken and veggie soup and had A LOT of veggie snacks @ the party. I managed to avoid the cake except for one bite my daughter wanted to share with me <3

I see others are also struggling to drink enough. I will have to try harder too.

Good luck again tomorrow!
Lileve is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2013, 10:46 PM   #32
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: brendag47
Stats: 257.2/257.2/147.2
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 23, 1914
Hi everybody,
I would like to join in. Just finished my first week of induction. So on to number 2. I am going to shoot for losing 12lbs in feb.
Hope everyone is doing well.
Feb goal 240.
brendag47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:44 AM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Welcome Brenda!

Feb goal: 178

Feb. 1: 187 lbs
Feb. 2: 188 lbs
Feb. 3: 188 lbs
Feb. 4.: 188 lbs.

?? I dont get it

B - 2 hb eggs
L - cheese chips, a sausage and a small salad
D - hamburger (homemade) with cheese, a fried egg and broccoli (cause that's what I have in the house haha).

Lots of water, some with a splash of lemon.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:28 AM   #34
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: princessmommy
Stats: 207/171/140-135 depending
WOE: Low Carb!
Start Date: May 21 Yet Again!
Welcome Brenda!!
Feb Goal- 145

Feb 1st- 151
Feb 2nd- 150.6
Feb 3rd- 151 maybe not enough water and had 2 LC bars!
Feb 4th- 153.2!? Ugh! Not sure how That came about! Oh well onward!
princessmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:43 AM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DairyQueen
Stats: 5'6" 189/141/130
WOE: Atkins induction plus wine/light beer
Start Date: restarted 3/9/12
good morning, an GREETINGS to new challengers/challengees. We are all VERY FOCUSED here and are persistent, despite the occasional stalls. We know that there may be some stalls -- even setbacks --- through no fault of our own, and most of us try to stick to induction levels every day. I think one or two may do something like JUDD, but everyone is welcome!

mydear think of how much you've lost up to now!! I am so proud of you!
Man - it's already Feb 4???

I wanted to check in because I haven't in a few days- went to pittsburgh after work on friday - took my 11 year old nephew to go to seven springs and go skiing (me) and snowboarding(him). WOW it SNOWED all weekend, especially up on the mountain, where it was 4 degrees for most of the day! I hadn't skiied in 20 years, so i took an individual beginner lesson. I was doing so well that my instructor took me up the mountain. NOW -- isn't there SOMETHING in between the bunny slope and the BIG SCARY MOUNTAIN? I managed to get off the ski lift without falling (a FIRST) - and I have to say, i'm not a big fan of ferris wheels OR ski lifts! -- and then proceeded to fall down the mountain. When i got going too fast, i fell! Luckily, i did NOT BREAK anything, but I am a walking black and blue mark - my entire body is sore! My nephew did a great job learning how to snowboard, and he took his share of tumbles, too.
I figured -- I'm here at a ski resort, my nephew is taking a class way far across the slopes, why shouldn't I do it too? Bwahaha! We went tubing afterwards, which included a lot of trudging through the snow. Did I mention that it snowed all weekend? I didn't eat much that day, so I'm sure that I burned a lot of fat! Yesterday we drove through the snow through pennsylvania, and then my band had a pre-super bowl gig -- a chili cookoff. I didn't eat much of the chili - there were 10 competing versions and they ALL had beans. I ate a bit of it (picked out the beans) but concentrated on the ribs and deep fried turkey which was also on the tables. YUMM!
I had to work the overnight or I would have weighed this morning --but i will weigh tomorrow!

First started Atkins April 1, 2002.
Lost 40 pounds back then and maintained for almost 8 years...then carb creep crept. I've always been low carb, but went hard core again in March 2012.
Hey! You don't have to drink all that water!
DairyQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:13 AM   #36
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sueshe
Stats: 226.5/207.0/135 5'4 1/2
WOE: Kinda counting calories/fat
Start Date: Feb 10 2014
01/23 216.5 start date

02/01 207.0
02/04 207.0

Good morning all!!!

I didn't have a real busy weekend. Stuck to plan all weekend. I made cookies from a post I found on Pinterest. The perfect triple chocolate chip cookie. They turned out beautiful, everyone said they were delish! I wasn't even tempted, although they did look and smell good. Hubby made my Emerald Isle soup(Linda Sue's recipe) last night while I was making them cookies. I have to say was so scrumptious! I had him add two small handfuls of Monterey Jack Cheese. Tasted similar to McDonald's Broccoli/Cheese soup if you ever had it. AFTER I ate it, looked at the carb count and it said makes approximately 6 servings at 5 carbs per serving, well, I ate half of it, which was ok because I hadn't had many carbs all day. I brought the rest of it to work today for lunch, so will eat it instead of my salad today.

I didn't walk Friday or Saturday, but yesterday I walked 35 mins and for three of the songs I was listening to, they were very fast beats and I power walked.....was sweating when I was finished. Got up to 3.5 mph during those songs. Legs are a little sore today, but they are a good sore

Not sure why I am still at 207 but that's ok, I think it's because I got into the pork rinds on Saturday and then maybe all the carbs at once for supper last night. But they were good carbs, maybe just too much sodium this weekend. I feel good. Feel so much better since I have been walking, much more energy.

to all the new losers!!!

226.5 215 210 200 190 180 170 160
sueshe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:27 AM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kizz4k
Stats: 208/195/175 5'9
WOE: 5-10 carbs daily
Start Date: Jan. 2013
Good morning ladies! I don't know about the rest of you, but just knowing I am going to get up in the morning and be accountable for my weight by posting it here makes me try so much harder! It also encourages me SOOO much to see your honest numbers, that I am not the only one who wakes up to a gain for no apparent reason. Whew! It's all very normal the fluctuations!

I seem to be stuck at 196...this happens to me often though. I lose a lb and then I am on that number for 3-5 days. Anyone else have this?

Watched the SuperBowl last night, it was pretty entertaining although I must say, I don't care much either way who wins or not, I tend to go for the underdog
We were supposed to have grilled steak, but then DH comes in and tells me no propane, so bully for me, I ate a few pork rinds instead.

Princess mommy, I have a hard time getting all my water as well. I have been drinking those new Milo drops, but not the energy ones. I like grape. They say no carbs but even if they are bad for me, I will continue drinking them, because I would never drink water without some sort of flavor

Also, lileve, I was wondering if maybe you are not getting enough calories? A rough estimate of your daily calories was around 1000. Sometimes I stall if I don't eat enough. Our poor bodies think we're starving them, though thats just what they deserve...lol

Anyway, here are my stats. Still stuck at 196...ugh!

Februrary goal: 190

Feb 1st: 196.4
Feb 2nd: 196.0
Feb 3rd: 196.8
Feb 4th: 196.4
Kizz4k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:16 AM   #38
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: reena
Stats: 173/173/150
Start Date: February 2013
Hi All,
I would like to join in this group of ladies who started in Feb. This is my first week, I have done Atkins with succesfull results,

Feb:
2/4 - 173
reena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:42 AM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mydear
Stats: 315.5/220.2/199 lbs
WOE: protein & veggies
Start Date: 2/01,1/03, 1/05, 9/06, VSG-12/08, 9/10, 4/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by DairyQueen View Post
good morning, an GREETINGS to new challengers/challengees. We are all VERY FOCUSED here and are persistent, despite the occasional stalls. We know that there may be some stalls -- even setbacks --- through no fault of our own, and most of us try to stick to induction levels every day. I think one or two may do something like JUDD, but everyone is welcome!

mydear think of how much you've lost up to now!! I am so proud of you!
Man - it's already Feb 4???

I wanted to check in because I haven't in a few days- went to pittsburgh after work on friday - took my 11 year old nephew to go to seven springs and go skiing (me) and snowboarding(him). WOW it SNOWED all weekend, especially up on the mountain, where it was 4 degrees for most of the day! I hadn't skiied in 20 years, so i took an individual beginner lesson. I was doing so well that my instructor took me up the mountain. NOW -- isn't there SOMETHING in between the bunny slope and the BIG SCARY MOUNTAIN? I managed to get off the ski lift without falling (a FIRST) - and I have to say, i'm not a big fan of ferris wheels OR ski lifts! -- and then proceeded to fall down the mountain. When i got going too fast, i fell! Luckily, i did NOT BREAK anything, but I am a walking black and blue mark - my entire body is sore! My nephew did a great job learning how to snowboard, and he took his share of tumbles, too.
I figured -- I'm here at a ski resort, my nephew is taking a class way far across the slopes, why shouldn't I do it too? Bwahaha! We went tubing afterwards, which included a lot of trudging through the snow. Did I mention that it snowed all weekend? I didn't eat much that day, so I'm sure that I burned a lot of fat! Yesterday we drove through the snow through pennsylvania, and then my band had a pre-super bowl gig -- a chili cookoff. I didn't eat much of the chili - there were 10 competing versions and they ALL had beans. I ate a bit of it (picked out the beans) but concentrated on the ribs and deep fried turkey which was also on the tables. YUMM!
I had to work the overnight or I would have weighed this morning --but i will weigh tomorrow!
thanks DQ i'm hanging in there my goal is to be in the 220's this summer...

i've never been skiing, it must really be a workout hope all your bumps and bruises heal real soon..good job on your food choices.
mydear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:43 AM   #40
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Susann
Stats: 252/236/130-5'4"
Start Date: 01/14/2013
Good Mornin' Ladies!
I figured it's time to stop lurking and jump in-room for one more:? Pretty please I started Induction on the 14th at 252 How the heck did that happen!!! Anyway, 3 weeks in and I'm at 238. My next goal is 235 which pushes me from extremely obese to just obese and will put me at 6.7% loss. Trying to keep a sense of humor about wanting to be obese Trying really, really hard not to think about the number but focusing on the direction it's going. But just wanted to let you know, I've already learned a lot from you and really appreciated the support and camaraderie offered here. Now, I need to start thinking about my February goals. I have two birthdays and Valentine's Day so I'm glad I started this last month and not this one!
1.14 252
1.21 243 -9
1.28 240 -3 -12
2.4 238 -2 -14
Susann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:48 AM   #41
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Welcome Susann!!! There will always be holidays and birthdays and get togethers, we just have to learn how to deal with them. I've gone to work events and not eaten a thing all day because I didn't prepare or I was out of town and they had only one thing I could consume and was tea. You just have to trudge through and look towards the goal!!!
Old 02-04-2013, 09:51 AM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

Sueshe wtg on walking, i measure mine by how many songs i listen to also, and i always try to go a little further by getting through another song..lol. keep up the good work.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:54 AM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sueshe View Post
Welcome Susann!!! There will always be holidays and birthdays and get togethers, we just have to learn how to deal with them. I've gone to work events and not eaten a thing all day because I didn't prepare or I was out of town and they had only one thing I could consume and was tea. You just have to trudge through and look towards the goal!!!
that's right staying on my food plan has priority over what ever else is going on.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:03 AM   #44
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydear View Post
Sueshe wtg on walking, i measure mine by how many songs i listen to also, and i always try to go a little further by getting through another song..lol. keep up the good work.
I think I found the answer to my boredom while walking I put a bunch of faced pace dance songs on my phone and turned on QVC I did the same thing too, I had reached my goal of 30 minutes but had just started a song, so wanted to finish it before I slowed down to cool off. I also didn't look at the clock near as much the faster I walked because I had to concentrate on walking. Was going as fast as my pudgy little legs would go.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:43 AM   #45
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: KatieJo
Stats: 215/195.4/160/5'8"
Start Date: 1/13/13
Hope everyone had a great weekend. My goal yesterday was to drink enough water, got 64oz down!! Seeing some progress on the scale but I'm still waiting on TOM. This is my 4th week on induction so she should be here soon. Hoping to see the numbers go down then. Also wondering anyone see changes in TOM when starting this WOE?

I wanted to ask what vitimins you all are taking, if you are. I'm taking a mulit-vitimin and fish oil. Any suggestions on any others I should take?

Don't have a clue on what I'm eating today but yesterday looked like this

B-Left over hamburger patty with cheese, 2 eggs over medium
L-Rotisserie chicken breast, spring salad mix, sting cheese, ranch dressing
D-Rotisserie chick thigh and 2 drumsticks shredded w/1T mayo, pepper, and celery seed, on top of a bed of baby spinach

Feb 1: 206
Feb 2: 205.6
Feb 3: 205
Feb 4: 204.4

Feb Goal: 195

Last edited by KatieJo; 02-04-2013 at 10:53 AM..
KatieJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:20 PM   #46
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Susann
Stats: 252/236/130-5'4"
Start Date: 01/14/2013
Just wondering how do you determine what your goals are re: weight loss per/wk/month? I have a lot to lose and know it'll take over a year. I'm planning on being in induction for quite a while. Going back to read on how to know when to switch to OWL/premaintenance/maintenance even though it's quite a ways out. Anyway, any suggestions?
Susann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:37 PM   #47
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieJo View Post
Hope everyone had a great weekend. My goal yesterday was to drink enough water, got 64oz down!! Seeing some progress on the scale but I'm still waiting on TOM. This is my 4th week on induction so she should be here soon. Hoping to see the numbers go down then. Also wondering anyone see changes in TOM when starting this WOE?

I wanted to ask what vitimins you all are taking, if you are. I'm taking a mulit-vitimin and fish oil. Any suggestions on any others I should take?

Don't have a clue on what I'm eating today but yesterday looked like this

B-Left over hamburger patty with cheese, 2 eggs over medium
L-Rotisserie chicken breast, spring salad mix, sting cheese, ranch dressing
D-Rotisserie chick thigh and 2 drumsticks shredded w/1T mayo, pepper, and celery seed, on top of a bed of baby spinach

Feb 1: 206
Feb 2: 205.6
Feb 3: 205
Feb 4: 204.4

Feb Goal: 195
I take one a day for women, D3 and Biotin. I had to start taking D3 because my doc said I was deficient, and I started taking Biotin because my hair was falling out at an alarming rate. Has stopped for now....hoping it's the Biotin!!!
Old 02-04-2013, 12:39 PM   #48
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susann View Post
Just wondering how do you determine what your goals are re: weight loss per/wk/month? I have a lot to lose and know it'll take over a year. I'm planning on being in induction for quite a while. Going back to read on how to know when to switch to OWL/premaintenance/maintenance even though it's quite a ways out. Anyway, any suggestions?
Everyone is different in the way and speed in which they lose. I generally will lose 20 lbs the first month of induction and then 10 lbs each month after that. Some lose less, some lose more....you just have to guage how your body reacts to it.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:28 PM   #49
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: DCAmerican
Stats: 204/197/140
Start Date: January 2013
Hello!

Hi everybody,

I would like to join in. After my first week on induction, I'm down 7.2 pounds. It helps that it was the TOM when i started, hence the inflated weight loss! My goal for February is to lose 15 pounds...taking me to 181.

Thanks for the forum!
DCAmerican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:41 PM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cheshire girl
Stats: 184/154.4/150 5'7"
Start Date: April 8 - 2011
Feb 1 160.6
Feb 2 160.6
Feb 3 162.6 after FIL 90 birthday eeekkk!
Feb 4 162.2

Two eggs scrambled in butter and cheese
Tuna on mixed salad with olive oil dressing
Sausages with mixed greens and lc dressing
LC bar 2 net crabs

Heres my downfall I had 5 coffees with HWC plus 30 oz water

Have a good evening ladies xxx
Cheshire girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:40 PM   #51
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizz4k View Post

Also, lileve, I was wondering if maybe you are not getting enough calories? A rough estimate of your daily calories was around 1000. Sometimes I stall if I don't eat enough. Our poor bodies think we're starving them, though thats just what they deserve...lol
Thank you. I think you're right. Last year on lc I had that same problem but I had forgotten about it until your post I will try to up my cals somehow.

Today was difficult, I felt bloated this afternoon and had lots of cravings this evening. I ate two handfuls of peanuts (bet that upped my caloric intake haha). At least I didn't cave and join my SO in a cake binge....
I did well on fluids! I made my own iced tea and drank a liter of that and a liter of water. So that's a total of approx 68 fl oz. I'm quite happy with that.

Mile by mile life's a trial, yard by yard life's hard, inch by inch life's a cinch!
Old 02-04-2013, 02:50 PM   #52
Senior LCF Member

Oh I see I didn't reload my page and missed loads of reactions...

Welcome to everyone that joined today!

I take d3 and some vit c. I sometimes don't eat all the veggies I'm supposed to so on those days I take the C.

I agree, there will always be birthdays and holidays. I too tend to think of them as a reason to 'ease up'. But I decided a while ago that this will become a WOL and not 'just' a diet. So I'm trying to change my mindset ... Not easy, especially when my bff bakes!

KUTGW ladies, we can lose the pounds and the inches and gain the energy!
Old 02-04-2013, 03:46 PM   #53
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susann View Post
hi Susann
i dont pick a number to reach each month. the challenge for me is to stay focused on what i'm eating and my health and if i continue to do that the weight will come off... i need to do it this way so i wont get discouraged if i dont reach a certain number.

& Good luck on all your goals
Old 02-04-2013, 05:16 PM   #54
Avy
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Avy
Stats: Start 232+/Current 178.6/First Goal 150/Final 140?
WOE: Low carb lifestyle
Start Date: June 1, 2012
February-01-13 196.00
February-02-13 198.40
February-03-13 196.80
February-04-13 195.60
Avy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:07 AM   #55
Senior LCF Member

Feb goal: 178

Feb. 1: 187 lbs
Feb. 2: 188 lbs
Feb. 3: 188 lbs
Feb. 4.: 188 lbs.
Feb 5.: 186 lbs. Whoohoo I suddenly dropped 2 pounds. Was it all the fluids I got yesterday? I'm happy anyway.

B - ... No time LO is unwell
L - 2 hb eggs and some meat, still have to thaw something.
D - green beans, chicken with spices and gravy
S - banana with homemade almond butter (according to my logs from last year I dropped lbs very quickly eating this a few times per week).
Lots of iced tea and water!

Good luck all!

Avy, looks like you're doing well! Keep it up (or down lol).
Old 02-05-2013, 04:26 AM   #56
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Feb Goal- 145

Feb 1st- 151
Feb 2nd- 150.6
Feb 3rd- 151 maybe not enough water
and had 2 LC bars!
Feb 4th- 153.2!? Ugh! Not sure how That
came about! Oh well onward!
Feb 5th- 154.4!! Wth! Have No clue!
Old 02-05-2013, 04:33 AM   #57
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Patsxm
Stats: 238/215/150
Start Date: August 2012
Morning everyone! Sorry i have been AWOL for a while! kind of fell off the wagon when my monster in law arrived for her annual visit! Nice to see lots of new faces and catch up with the old ones!
DQ - i can relate to the bumps and bruises, i went snowboarding once and have never been in so much pain in my life! lying in a tangled heap at the bottom of the baby slope- i lost my gloves, hat, my bra came off and i spent the rest of the vacation in the lodge drinking red wine!! LOL!
My dear - great to hear your procedure went well!

Well for January my goal was 212. Fell short a bit but I am back on the wagon! I spent the weekend making sausages so i will have a lot of yummy things to eat!
Feb goal - 208

Feb 5th - 215.8

Everyone is doing so well that i guess i felt a little ashamed that i kept cheating. But that is in the past and feel good about meeting my February goal!
Patsxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:48 AM   #58
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Welcome back Patsxm! You're right, the past is Past! You Can do it!
Old 02-05-2013, 06:50 AM   #59
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: labmini
Stats: 197.5/170/150
WOE: Keeping it real, clean and low carb
Start Date: 7/1/12
Official induction start date today. Starting at 174 today, and excited to start. I don't think I can weigh in everyday - I tend to get a bit obsessed, so I think Tuesdays will be my weigh in day.

Thanks for this thread and support!
labmini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:51 AM   #60
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kizz4k
Stats: 208/195/175 5'9
WOE: 5-10 carbs daily
Start Date: Jan. 2013
I hate the scale
I thought I did so good yesterday. Obviously I did something wrong. How can I be up a pound?! I feel like I will never make my Feb. goal at this rate

I made a cheesecake muffin recipe I found on here, only one carb per "cake" surly that cant be it. I think I'm retaining water because it's that "time" again. Ugh!!! I made sure I worked out yesterday too. Cry.

Feb. Goal: 190

Feb 1st: 196.4
Feb 2nd: 196.0
Feb 3rd: 196.8
Feb 4th: 196.4
Feb 5th: 197.4
Kizz4k is offline   Reply With Quote