Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2013, 05:27 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DeborahL
Stats: 168.2/156.6/130
WOE: JUDDD w/restricted carbs
Start Date: 1/20/13 (Atkins) 2/11/2013 (JUDDD)
"Patience... in time the grass becomes milk."

Hope everyone has a great day!!
DeborahL is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2013, 05:37 AM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: imamamax3
Stats: 209/198/150
WOE: Induction/Very Low Carb
Morning! Last night was a good night. My husband did up some chicken and steaks on the grill for dinner. I love grilled meat! I had that with some brocolli and butter for dinner, very yummy. I'm on day 4 and i can notice my sweet tooth fading. I ususally always crave something for dessert after dinner, but last night I didn't even want anything. That's a great thing.

And this morning I was down 2 lbs! That is always a good thing.

Here's today's menu:

B - Atkins bar (i gotta get away from these things, but they're so darn convient)
L - Leftover chicken and brocolli from dinner
D - idk.....i really need to get back in the habit of planning dinners
S - got some cheese sticks and pepperoni in case i need it but the appitite is fading plus im coming down with a bit of a head cold so you know how you don't wanna really eat when you got that kinda thing going on

How's everyone else today? Post some menus for me, maybe you can help me with some ideas for dinner.
imamamax3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:29 AM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Congrats on the loss! Things are good here. I only weigh once a week, so we'll see how it is really going come Sunday.

I had eggs and bacon for breakfast, will probably make broccoli crunch for lunch with a deviled egg, and dinner is going to be corned beef and cabbage.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:10 AM   #34
Senior LCF Member

oooh i love corned beef n cabbage! havent had that in a while. and what is broccoli crunch??
Old 01-31-2013, 08:38 AM   #35
Senior LCF Member

It's a recipe from Linda's low carb recipes.

BROCCOLI CRUNCH SALAD
1 medium fresh broccoli, chopped, about 1 pound *
1/2 pound bacon
4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
1 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons vinegar
2 tablespoons granular Splenda or equivalent liquid Splenda *

Chop and fry the bacon until crisp; drain on paper towels. Blend the mayonnaise, vinegar and Splenda; combine all of the ingredients and chill before serving.

yield is 6-8 servings
Old 01-31-2013, 08:52 AM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KyliesMom
Stats: 180/180/135
WOE: Atkins with eventual trans to Paleo
Start Date: 6/30/14
Congrates on the LOSS!!!

Here's how my day is shaping up

Breakfast omlet in butter (No Bacon) Coffee HC

Lunch Buffalo Salad w/ ranch

Dinner burgers with all the fixin's

I am also down another 1/2 a pound YEAH!

Cheers/// how is everyone else doing?
KyliesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:26 PM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kgirlpure
Stats: ( 5'5")181/164/130 age 48
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: january 2014 again
hi all

just got done reading all the post

DeborahL- I too had many starts, but for some reason this time I am sticking with it. don't want to go another summer covered and hot because I wont take control. I have mentally made the decision that this year is the year I am changing.

mya- my experience was I always thought of myself as smaller then I was. I saw a few pic posted of me on Facebook and was horrified. I think I had my head in the sand; which in turn allowed me to consume much more then I ever could burn off.

Mom2Mayhem- you will succeed!

I started out on Atkins induction. the scale was moving slow so I decided the try juddd with induction. so now the weight is coming off. With the support of everyone I am staying motivated! thanks all! Keep up the good work!
kgirlpure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:08 AM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Morning one and all and happy FRIDAY - Well the pool will be out this weekend... it's suppose to be cold But on a really good note... and I know it's not permenant yet.. but it made my Friday and to keep me going I broke through! I weighed 169.5!!!! YEAH YEAH YEAH I might be in those jeans sooner more than later:

So today looks like this:
Breakfast 1/2 avocado, 1 egg and 4 slices of bacon

Lunch will be that salad from Subway - it't Yummy

and no dinner tonight... DD has practice and then she's going to teen night at the local youth center....

How's everyone else doing? GREAT I HOPE

Last edited by KyliesMom; 02-01-2013 at 06:10 AM..
Old 02-01-2013, 06:10 AM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeborahL View Post
It's a recipe from Linda's low carb recipes.

BROCCOLI CRUNCH SALAD
1 medium fresh broccoli, chopped, about 1 pound *
1/2 pound bacon
4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
1 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons vinegar
2 tablespoons granular Splenda or equivalent liquid Splenda *

Chop and fry the bacon until crisp; drain on paper towels. Blend the mayonnaise, vinegar and Splenda; combine all of the ingredients and chill before serving.

yield is 6-8 servings
I will have to try this,,, minus the splenda... I don't do artificial anything anymore... I will use agave I think =) Thanks for sharing the recipe..
Old 02-01-2013, 06:21 AM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kgirlpure
Stats: ( 5'5")181/164/130 age 48
Start Date: january 2014 again
Happy Friday All!

KyliesMom Great Job!

you are doing great. it must be great !

Last edited by kgirlpure; 02-01-2013 at 06:25 AM.. Reason: add more text
kgirlpure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:35 AM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Hey ladies! My day = not so hot

I have this horrible need to weigh in every day and while i try very hard not to let the little flucuations bother me you know they always do. So this morning I get on the scale and it was up by 4 lbs!!!! OMG?!?! I have no idea what the heck is going on. I even got on the scale twice and both times it said the same thing. I know its some random fluke cause I have been very good with my foods. I'm thinking it may have something to do with me being sick. Idk what it is but I really hope its back to normal tomorrow.

Deb - I tried that recipe last night. Just so happen I had some fresh broccoli in the fridge that I need to use up before it went bad. And wow, I was quite impressed. I really liked that! And my husband liked it and my teenage son did too! Its funny how I go to Linda's site all the time and had never tried that recipe, but I'm really glad you mentioned it. Kim - you should definitely try it!!

Kim - Congrats on your scale falling!! But bummer about the weather. We're in the 70's here tomorrow but it really is too cool still to be at the pool. Soon enough I'm sure.

My foods today look like this:

B - Beef Jerky - just a couple pieces, not hungry with my cold n' all
L - Pork chop and left over brocolli crunch
D - Idk yet........that seems to be my theme lately lol not knowing what's for dinner til I get home

Well I hope you all have a fantastic day!!!
Old 02-01-2013, 08:56 AM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by imamamax3 View Post
Hey ladies! My day = not so hot

I have this horrible need to weigh in every day and while i try very hard not to let the little flucuations bother me you know they always do. So this morning I get on the scale and it was up by 4 lbs!!!! OMG?!?! I have no idea what the heck is going on. I even got on the scale twice and both times it said the same thing. I know its some random fluke cause I have been very good with my foods. I'm thinking it may have something to do with me being sick. Idk what it is but I really hope its back to normal tomorrow.

Deb - I tried that recipe last night. Just so happen I had some fresh broccoli in the fridge that I need to use up before it went bad. And wow, I was quite impressed. I really liked that! And my husband liked it and my teenage son did too! Its funny how I go to Linda's site all the time and had never tried that recipe, but I'm really glad you mentioned it. Kim - you should definitely try it!!

Kim - Congrats on your scale falling!! But bummer about the weather. We're in the 70's here tomorrow but it really is too cool still to be at the pool. Soon enough I'm sure.

My foods today look like this:

B - Beef Jerky - just a couple pieces, not hungry with my cold n' all
L - Pork chop and left over brocolli crunch
D - Idk yet........that seems to be my theme lately lol not knowing what's for dinner til I get home

Well I hope you all have a fantastic day!!!
Maybe it's just fluids.... don't ever weigh when your sick.. you body does weird thing =)
Old 02-01-2013, 09:34 AM   #43
Senior LCF Member

Kim- Good job on another loss!

kgirl- I'll have to look at the JUDD thread. I've seen it mentioned several times but don't know anything about it.

ima- Glad you and the family enjoyed the recipe. There are so many at Linda's, it isn't hard to imagine overlooking one! Try not to be upset by the scale. There are so many things that can cause those bumps. That is why I only weigh once a week. I can't handle the fluctuations. Do hope you feel better soon.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:21 AM   #44
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Kimberli33
Stats: 200 /166/149? 5ft 6 1/2 in. Age 42
WOE: LC-My Way start 1/27 then JUDDD on 3/12 2 171.5lbs
Start Date: Jan 27,2013 at 199 for the LAST time!
Hi,just noticed this thread and would love to join you girls.I've been on this LC rollercoaster for almost 9 yrs.Had success in 2004 and let it slip through my fingers.Since then ive been on again off again with months of denial in between I have been OP now for 6 days.and feel very optomistic.I am doing a 2 week induction this time and then doing moderate carbs.(40-70) with a few more food choices than typical Atkins.I think I need to see this as a "forever" thing and a few added items (lc pita,yogurt,sweet potato,winter squash,crystal lite) make it easier for me.I didnt know better in the beginning of my LC journey in 2004 that these foods were not Atkins friendly and I lost 30lbs in 2 months using them several days a week,so Im ready to see if it might work again.IMO even if it slows me down its better than going strict induction and quitting in 2 weeks.I read alot of threads and have noticed some people do really well on their own plan.
I cant wait to get this weight off and finally feel good again.Summer here we come
March Goal 169lbs-met March 13th
Aprils Goal 159lbs-
Goal Weight-149lbs-
Current weight -189lbs after months of insanity

Last edited by Kimberli33; 02-02-2013 at 06:22 AM..
Kimberli33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:52 AM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Welcome Kim33! I think we all have to find what works for us. That is the only way we can make it a permanent change.

Today is day 14 for me. I have been trying to decide if I want to start moving up the ladder or stay put for a while longer. I have really been satisfied with the food I am eating now. The only thing I am wanting is red grapefruit. Don't ask me why, since that isn't something I normally eat. Anyway, that leads me to thinking about personalizing my own plan by staying with induction for now and just tweaking it with half a grapefruit a few days a week.

Last edited by DeborahL; 02-02-2013 at 10:55 AM..
Old 02-02-2013, 12:41 PM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Well Kim

Deborah Go for it.... I teeked mine also... I added sweet potato a 2x last week and I think it helped me stay on it...

Just doing a quick check in... Did team pictures, took DD and friend to mall, grocery shopped, cleaned the house, am doing the laundry... I think that will be enough exercise for my day off today... geeze...

Tomorrow... DD and Team preforming at the Art Of The Olympians museum.... and then I have to do a little fund raising... geeze... I never catch a break cause the next day is work... I sign in from work on breaks which is why most of my posting will be then.. weekends are nuts for the next few months.. with Competitons

Excuse any spelling mistakes... rushing to post to let everyone know I am still on the ball =)
Old 02-02-2013, 08:38 PM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kaarren
Stats: 204/191/150
Start Date: 8-22-08
Hi Ladies,
I restart every day,

Anyway, I am on day 4! It is the best I have done for a long time.

It is good to read how good you are all doing, It gives me hope
Kaarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:25 AM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Kim- Thanks for the encouragement. I had half a grapefruit with breakfast this morning, and it hit the spot! I think what I was missing was something light and refreshing. While I love being able to eat the fatty foods, they can be heavy. Sounds like you are on the ball in more than one way. Just make sure you have some easy go-to meals and snacks ready for those days when you are too busy to cook.

Kaarren- Hello! You know, you are right. We all have to start over each day. If there is a bump in the road, we can still start over the next day or even with our next food choice. The sooner the better! Glad you are here and that you have stayed on plan for 4 days!!

Today is weigh day for me, and I was glad to see a loss. Here are my stats for those lurkers wondering how much a person can lose on induction. I am 5'4" and perimenopausal. I lost 7.4 lbs week one, and 2.8 lbs week two. I am happy with the results and this way of eating!!

An encouraging scripture for this Sunday "No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it." (1 Corinthians 10:13).

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 02-03-2013, 11:25 AM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Hey Hey what's Up Girls? Back from art of the Olympian... it was fun =)... Now making Paleo Turkey meatballs,,,, Cookies for DD - Peanutbutter.. no danger of me eating those... I don't like them.. Off to iron, cook, and finally sit down to watch a little TV after I help DD study for her stupid civics test...Decided not to weigh in.. since I am feeling a little fluish. Hopefully it's just this weather
Old 02-04-2013, 06:51 AM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tskb
Stats: 219.6/160
WOE: Atkins 7/8/13
Good morning ladies. I have not been able to focus and get started. Since then the scale seems to have gone out of control! I need to make a meal plan so I am more prepared. I was wondering why have you chosen to do LC instead of say WW? LC is the only thing I have ever seen any kind of success but leaving behind so many other food options is so difficult. I guess it is just sticking with it and getting past those cravings. I honestly think WW even though it allows you to have 'cheat' food as long as you get back to the basics that is what screws me up. I can't have 'cheat' food and then just turn it off. It only makes me want more! I feel like a food addict and I hate it! Sorry just frustrated and sick by my choices that I make. Thanks for letting me vent!
Old 02-04-2013, 09:54 AM   #51
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tskb View Post
Good morning ladies. I have not been able to focus and get started. Since then the scale seems to have gone out of control! I need to make a meal plan so I am more prepared. I was wondering why have you chosen to do LC instead of say WW? LC is the only thing I have ever seen any kind of success but leaving behind so many other food options is so difficult. I guess it is just sticking with it and getting past those cravings. I honestly think WW even though it allows you to have 'cheat' food as long as you get back to the basics that is what screws me up. I can't have 'cheat' food and then just turn it off. It only makes me want more! I feel like a food addict and I hate it! Sorry just frustrated and sick by my choices that I make. Thanks for letting me vent!
I would rather eat butter, bacon, and cream than wheat and sugar. That is why I chose Atkins. The bottom line for me, with any weight loss plan, is that I am going to have to give something up in order to lose weight. Some people find it easier to reduce fat. Some find it easier to reduce carbs. Some find it easier to reduce protein. Some find it easier to reduce overall calories. I am most comfortable reducing carbs.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:04 PM   #52
Senior LCF Member

It's too quiet in here! How is everyone doing?
Old 02-13-2013, 04:59 AM   #53
Senior LCF Member

WOE: Atkins/ lots of veggies
Start Date: 1/2/13
Hi everyone! Just read through all the posts and would love to join this thread! I have restarted an official atkins style low
Carb since jan 2. I did lose about 9 lbs last month, however I was not perfect(mainly that I drank to often, with a few higher carb items on a rare occasion) but this last weekend things went totally awry! I recommitted yesterday. My goal is to do 2 weeks induction the way you are supposed to. ( no alcohol) eek
Anyway, 1 day down, 13 to go. I need to do this. I lost a lot of weight on atkins years ago and despite trying other plans nothing else ever works for me. I feel great when I'm in the zone and have no idea how I get off track!
Today scrambled eggs w/cheese for breakfast, turkey with cukes for snack, and half a chayote squash stuffed with beef and cheese for lunch/ early dinner!
Forgot to mention that I am up 4 lbs total after that reckless weekend

Last edited by leaving30something; 02-13-2013 at 05:01 AM.. Reason: Forgot something
leaving30something is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:16 PM   #54
Senior LCF Member

Hi, leaving!

You are back on track, so don't beat yourself up about the reckless weekend. Moving forward now! Congratulations on that.

I'm doing a JUDDD experiment for a month. I don't know where everyone else has gone, but I didn't want you to feel ignored.
Old 02-15-2013, 02:30 PM   #55
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Bananarama
Count me in! I'm joining - I'm at my wits end to.be honest. With all our strength combined - We can do this! Yeah!!
Bananarama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:54 AM   #56
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MissMerize
Stats: 220.8/212.4/142
WOE: Meat and Martini Diet, cycled with oopsie rolls
Start Date: February 16, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Mayhem View Post
I am restarting again at my heaviest I have EVER been. However, I have been heavily involved with recipes on Pinterest where before I was not. I was not into MAKING recipes, but now I am and have been. This may be the difference for me this time around. I have found so many recipes on Pinterest that I have already tried, and I can also use for Low Carbing. Today is my first day of induction after about 3 years, and I really think I might succeed! Looking forward to hanging out here and supporting others.

Ok, well count me in too - Went to go for induction yesterday, but VD was my BD and there are candies in the house and some thai peanut noodles I needed to finish off last night. But today I'm going to clean out a side room that is storing a lot of things - including my Atkins book! Might have to bring the box of candies over to my neighbor across the street.

You may need to add a link to your pinterest repin board in your sig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaving30something View Post
My goal is to do 2 weeks induction the way you are supposed to. ( no alcohol) eek
Yeah, this part is going to be the real challenge for me. My neighbor (who I"m going to pay back today with some nice chocolates) has gotten me a bit hooked on redbull zero with some vodka (actually she got the regular redbull but I fixed it with finding the zero), and I got myself hooked on cucumber vodka with club soda.

Knowing there's an evening elixir in sight for the evening really makes the day go soooooo much better.

Anyway, please ignore the girl in the picture- she is 5 years ago HISTORY and I'm back to square one or maybe even square .01 or something negative - which is really a positive but not a good positive.

Today I need to get on the scale and I should have some kinds of stats up here by this afternoon.
MissMerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:22 AM   #57
Senior LCF Member

WOE: Atkins/ lots of veggies
Start Date: 1/2/13
Thanks for the welcome Deborah! How is JUDD working for you? Do you stay low carb? I ended up with a stomach virus on my 4th day in so this is leaving me struggling with what to eat. I had a baked potato yesterday it was a I could handle.
leaving30something is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:39 PM   #58
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: katfar3
Stats: 195/195/125
WOE: atkins
Start Date: feb/2013
Got room for one more. Started induction 2 wks ago, and down only 6 lbs. But I think I have already used my golden shot 10 yes ago when I lost 40 lbs. A lot hands happened since then and so here I am again. hELP me girl, to stay on track and I will do my best to help you and support you all I can.
katfar3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:50 PM   #59
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaving30something View Post
Thanks for the welcome Deborah! How is JUDD working for you? Do you stay low carb? I ended up with a stomach virus on my 4th day in so this is leaving me struggling with what to eat. I had a baked potato yesterday it was a I could handle.
I like JUDDD, but I won't know if it is working until tomorrow when I weigh. I am not counting carbs, but I am limiting them. Down days are no carb liquids for me. Up days are restricted carbs- no sugar, no flour, no white potatoes or rice. I have eaten more vegetables this week, so we'll see how that impacts the scale.

to everyone else! We'll all find our way. I just know we will.

Last edited by DeborahL; 02-16-2013 at 08:52 PM..
Old 02-17-2013, 06:16 AM   #60
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MissMerize
Stats: 220.8/212.4/142
WOE: Meat and Martini Diet, cycled with oopsie rolls
Start Date: February 16, 2013
I finally got on the scale yesterday and that was a HUGE inspiration as it is the highest it's ever been. Also saw a pic of me from the neighbor. She took it a couple of days ago - I never think I look that big so I'll warn you all now that my sense of reality may be deranged at times.

My day always begins with coffee (just switched back to splenda from truvia) and half n half. I will switch up to the light cream when this runs out - but it's never really been a deterrent to me.

I had 4 Mozzarella sticks yesterday, and discovered that the orange/citrus stop and shop brand of energy drink (the mini squeeze bottle) tastes an awful lot like redbull. It's zero carb, zero cal, and can be put in my club soda.

I got a sodastream penguin for xmas and it has been my favorite appliance. I've not even had a chance to order the diet sodas that could be sampled with it as I just like using club soda with juice.

For dinner I made broiled halibut with a mayo/parm/dijon spread, some asparagus, caesar salad (lettuce, caesar dressing and parm cheese).

I'm feeling better already today. I do a late morning weigh in but I have a feeling it's going to be good.

If I can get through the next 10 days I will feel a whole lot better.
MissMerize is offline   Reply With Quote