Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2013, 08:31 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rndiane
Stats: 215/ 175/size8-10
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Jan 22,2013 3rd time
Discouraged

Today is day 5 od induction and being alcohol free. I'm just discouraged. My scales said, I haven't lost 1 pound. In ketosis since day 2 and I checked this morning...still in ketosis. I always thought it was the alcohol slowing my weight loss in the past but now I'm wondering. I've read the book and am following the diet to the T. 15-20 carbs a day. Drinking lots of water. The first time on Atkin's I met my goal. The 2nd time, I gave up after 2 weeks and no weight change. I'm afraid I may do the same this time around. Oh BTW, my Dr's scales said I weigh 5 pounds more....that put me in a tail spin.

Last edited by rndiane; 01-26-2013 at 08:34 AM..
rndiane is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2013, 08:45 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

I should give you an example of my menu yesterday:
B-3 oz of ground beef.
S- 10 oz chicken broth.
L-2 C lettuce, hamburger/cheese patty. 2TBSP home made blue cheese dressing.
D- Cheese stuffed chicken wrapped in bacon, 3/4 c green beans.

4 cups of coffee during the day with HWC (small amount)
Old 01-26-2013, 09:14 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: GingerD
Stats: 186/130
Start Date: 01/14/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by rndiane View Post
Today is day 5 od induction and being alcohol free. I'm just discouraged. My scales said, I haven't lost 1 pound. In ketosis since day 2 and I checked this morning...still in ketosis. I always thought it was the alcohol slowing my weight loss in the past but now I'm wondering. I've read the book and am following the diet to the T. 15-20 carbs a day. Drinking lots of water. The first time on Atkin's I met my goal. The 2nd time, I gave up after 2 weeks and no weight change. I'm afraid I may do the same this time around. Oh BTW, my Dr's scales said I weigh 5 pounds more....that put me in a tail spin.
I've been feeling the SAME way! This is my first go on Atkins but I've done low carb/low fat a few years back and lost 40lbs. That 40lbs is now back so I decided to do Atkins because it's more structured. But, damn. I'm following it - it's been 2 weeks now, eating way low carb with fats, no alcohol and exercise. It's very discouraging when the scale doesn't show any change. I'm not gaining which is good but this is sad. I'm not giving up. I will keep it up. Maybe it will finally "kick in".
GingerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:40 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for replying Ginger. At least I'm not alone. I don't want to give up and I know you don't either. The plus to this woe is no cravings...no real appetite.
The big plus is no hypoglycemia....that is terrible feeling. I'm just surprised I had no water weight loss by now.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:41 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jaded62
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 1/1/14
Looks like you need to up your fat intake.Atkins is not a low fat woe. You need good fats to lose the weight and it helps you feel full. You say you are drinking lots of water,how many ounces?? I HAVE to drink at least 100 ounces per day to lose weight. Plus some tea and a diet coke every now and then. You might want to look into this. HTH. Good Luck !!!!
Jaded62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:45 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

What kind of fats would you recommend? and how much? I drink 4 16oz cups of water a day which for me is a lot. Maybe it is a water issue. Thanks.
Old 01-26-2013, 10:10 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: thealything
Stats: 238/196/138 5'7"
WOE: Atkins (DANDR)
Start Date: restart March '12
How much cheese EXACTLY are you eating? How many tablespoons of hwc EXACTLY?

Measure it while you're eating today and report back! Those two are the easiest to overestimate and I personally find I do not lose if I don't carefully measure.

Also maybe TOM?
thealything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 02:02 PM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndiane View Post
Thanks for replying Ginger. At least I'm not alone. I don't want to give up and I know you don't either. The plus to this woe is no cravings...no real appetite.
The big plus is no hypoglycemia....that is terrible feeling. I'm just surprised I had no water weight loss by now.
I'm in this for the long run. It just sucks right now. I had bread, sandwiches, snacks like Cheezits (sp), Rits cracker snacks, yummy butter crackers, flour tortillas, chips and sauce at Mexican Restaurants... so I figured for sure my body would know in 2 weeks I'm not eating that any more.

I might have a bit more broccoli, asparagus or zucchini for dinner than the required plan but why in the world would that mess me up so much? It's heartbreaking to me.
Old 01-26-2013, 02:04 PM   #9
Junior LCF Member

How much cheese am I allowed in one day? Not ounce wise. For example, how many of the string cheese sticks would I be allowed in one day? Maybe I'm screwing myself up that way. Me loves my cheese.
Old 01-26-2013, 05:37 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: chelseybelle27
Stats: 300.3/274.2/healthy :)
WOE: Extended Induction
Start Date: 08-25-14
I am pretty sure you are allowed 4 oz of cheese a day. I am also pretty sure (someone correct me if I am wrong) that each cheese stick is 1 oz. So 4 in a day. But that would be all the cheese you could have. HTH!
chelseybelle27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:02 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Thanks everyone for your advice. I upped my fat, decreased my cheese intake and increased my water. Down 2 pounds this morning. It may just be water but at least the scales are moving.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:59 AM   #12
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: nursejodie
Stats: 204/195/150
Start Date: 1/23/2013
Lost 8 lbs of fluid the first week. Now, I am not losing. Must be water because I have been counting the coffee and diet coke as water oz. I thought all fluids were counted as your total. I think I need to read the book. I will decrease cheese add more water and see if the scales move.
nursejodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:13 AM   #13
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thealything View Post
How much cheese EXACTLY are you eating? How many tablespoons of hwc EXACTLY?

Measure it while you're eating today and report back! Those two are the easiest to overestimate and I personally find I do not lose if I don't carefully measure.

Also maybe TOM?
Thanks!! I will be a bit more careful. I'm overdoing the cheese. Not so much hwc - I don't drink coffee very much. Maybe 2 times in one month. Not TOM yet. Thanks again. Going to kick butt with LC today!!