Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Atkins Induction (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/atkins-induction/)
-   -   Discouraged (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/atkins-induction/795443-discouraged.html)

rndiane 01-26-2013 08:31 AM

Discouraged
 
Today is day 5 od induction and being alcohol free. I'm just discouraged. My scales said, I haven't lost 1 pound. In ketosis since day 2 and I checked this morning...still in ketosis. I always thought it was the alcohol slowing my weight loss in the past but now I'm wondering. I've read the book and am following the diet to the T. 15-20 carbs a day. Drinking lots of water. The first time on Atkin's I met my goal. The 2nd time, I gave up after 2 weeks and no weight change. I'm afraid I may do the same this time around. Oh BTW, my Dr's scales said I weigh 5 pounds more....that put me in a tail spin.:sad:

rndiane 01-26-2013 08:45 AM

I should give you an example of my menu yesterday:
B-3 oz of ground beef.
S- 10 oz chicken broth.
L-2 C lettuce, hamburger/cheese patty. 2TBSP home made blue cheese dressing.
D- Cheese stuffed chicken wrapped in bacon, 3/4 c green beans.

4 cups of coffee during the day with HWC (small amount)

GingerD 01-26-2013 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rndiane (Post 16220533)
Today is day 5 od induction and being alcohol free. I'm just discouraged. My scales said, I haven't lost 1 pound. In ketosis since day 2 and I checked this morning...still in ketosis. I always thought it was the alcohol slowing my weight loss in the past but now I'm wondering. I've read the book and am following the diet to the T. 15-20 carbs a day. Drinking lots of water. The first time on Atkin's I met my goal. The 2nd time, I gave up after 2 weeks and no weight change. I'm afraid I may do the same this time around. Oh BTW, my Dr's scales said I weigh 5 pounds more....that put me in a tail spin.:sad:

I've been feeling the SAME way! This is my first go on Atkins but I've done low carb/low fat a few years back and lost 40lbs. That 40lbs is now back so I decided to do Atkins because it's more structured. But, damn. I'm following it - it's been 2 weeks now, eating way low carb with fats, no alcohol and exercise. It's very discouraging when the scale doesn't show any change. I'm not gaining which is good but this is sad. I'm not giving up. I will keep it up. Maybe it will finally "kick in". :aprayer:

rndiane 01-26-2013 09:40 AM

Thanks for replying Ginger. At least I'm not alone. I don't want to give up and I know you don't either. The plus to this woe is no cravings...no real appetite.
The big plus is no hypoglycemia....that is terrible feeling. I'm just surprised I had no water weight loss by now.

Jaded62 01-26-2013 09:41 AM

Looks like you need to up your fat intake.Atkins is not a low fat woe. You need good fats to lose the weight and it helps you feel full. You say you are drinking lots of water,how many ounces?? I HAVE to drink at least 100 ounces per day to lose weight. Plus some tea and a diet coke every now and then. You might want to look into this. HTH. Good Luck !!!!

rndiane 01-26-2013 09:45 AM

What kind of fats would you recommend? and how much? I drink 4 16oz cups of water a day which for me is a lot. Maybe it is a water issue. Thanks.

thealything 01-26-2013 10:10 AM

How much cheese EXACTLY are you eating? How many tablespoons of hwc EXACTLY?

Measure it while you're eating today and report back! Those two are the easiest to overestimate and I personally find I do not lose if I don't carefully measure.

Also maybe TOM?

GingerD 01-26-2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rndiane (Post 16220690)
Thanks for replying Ginger. At least I'm not alone. I don't want to give up and I know you don't either. The plus to this woe is no cravings...no real appetite.
The big plus is no hypoglycemia....that is terrible feeling. I'm just surprised I had no water weight loss by now.

I'm in this for the long run. It just sucks right now. I had bread, sandwiches, snacks like Cheezits (sp), Rits cracker snacks, yummy butter crackers, flour tortillas, chips and sauce at Mexican Restaurants... so I figured for sure my body would know in 2 weeks I'm not eating that any more.

I might have a bit more broccoli, asparagus or zucchini for dinner than the required plan but why in the world would that mess me up so much? :( It's heartbreaking to me.

GingerD 01-26-2013 02:04 PM

How much cheese am I allowed in one day? Not ounce wise. For example, how many of the string cheese sticks would I be allowed in one day? Maybe I'm screwing myself up that way. Me loves my cheese.

chelseybelle27 01-26-2013 05:37 PM

I am pretty sure you are allowed 4 oz of cheese a day. I am also pretty sure (someone correct me if I am wrong) that each cheese stick is 1 oz. So 4 in a day. But that would be all the cheese you could have. HTH!

rndiane 01-27-2013 07:02 AM

Thanks everyone for your advice. I upped my fat, decreased my cheese intake and increased my water. Down 2 pounds this morning. It may just be water but at least the scales are moving.

nursejodie 01-27-2013 09:59 AM

Lost 8 lbs of fluid the first week. Now, I am not losing. Must be water because I have been counting the coffee and diet coke as water oz. I thought all fluids were counted as your total. I think I need to read the book. I will decrease cheese add more water and see if the scales move.

GingerD 01-27-2013 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thealything (Post 16220756)
How much cheese EXACTLY are you eating? How many tablespoons of hwc EXACTLY?

Measure it while you're eating today and report back! Those two are the easiest to overestimate and I personally find I do not lose if I don't carefully measure.

Also maybe TOM?

Thanks!! I will be a bit more careful. I'm overdoing the cheese. Not so much hwc - I don't drink coffee very much. Maybe 2 times in one month. Not TOM yet. Thanks again. Going to kick butt with LC today!!


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:38 PM.