Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2013, 11:35 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: KatieJo
Stats: 215/195.4/160/5'8"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 1/13/13
Stalled, wk2. Someone check out my menu

Hello, I was wondering if anyone had some input for me. I'm 5'8" was 215 now 205 with a goal weight of 160-170.
I did really well with losing weight the first week of indutction, 9lbs. Im now 3 days into week 2 and have only lost 1lb. I know that I shouldn't expect another big loss in the second week but I'm kind of bummed. And maybe i'm close to starting my menses, UGH
I've been following to a T, besides the atkins bar, I didn't really have a choice. I try to get a lot of veggins with each meal. I do eat more that just chicken but the past 3 days it's what I was trying to use up. I to eat pork, beef, and chicken mainly. I try to get as much water in me as possible. I've cut all caffine and sweets out of my diet. No added sugars or salts. I'm thinking of heading back into the gym for cardio and then figure out some plan for toning.
My other concern is I don't always eat breakfast or wait really late in the morning before I find something to eat or am hungry. I've found sometimes I have to make myself eat or I've gone to long without eating and get that better eat now feeling. and I don't feel hungry to eat between meals.
I'm keeping an average 1100-1300 cal, staying under my 20c, Im pretty much sticking with the serving size i read on labels, is that ok or somethings should I eat more of? I just feel like Im really not sure on something. How much should I have on my plate??
Any input would be great. Thanks

1/19
B-2 eggs over medium, 2 pieces bacon, 1 celery stick
L-4oz chicken breast, laughing cow wedge, 1 bacon, 1/2c steamed yellow squash
D-Burger King Ceasar Salad, 2-3T of the dressing
5c water

1/20
B-Breakfast burrito with low carb warp w/bacon, green bell pepper, ham, mushroom, and egg
L-4oz chicken breast, 5slices pepperoni, sprinkle of grated parm cheese, 1c steamed yellow squash
D-Chicken Salad w/4oz chicken, 2 romaine lettuce, 1 celery, 2 bacon, 1 laughing cow wedge, 1T mayo, and 1 med tomato
S-1 celery, and string cheese
9c water

1/21
B-Same as 1/20, they were the left overs
L-5oz can Albacore tuna, 1/2 tomato, 1 celery, 2 hard boiled egg, 2 leaf romaine, 1T dill relish, 1T mayo.
D-4oz hamburger patty, 2 bacon, 1 egg, 1/2 tomato, 2c spinach, less than 1/4c cheese, 2c steamed cauliflower
4c water

1/22
B-Atkins Trail Mix Bar-was in a rush
L-2 celery stick, laughing cow, 1c baby spinach, 2T ranch dressing, 4oz chicken breast
D-1.5c spring salad mix, 1/2 raw yellow squash, 1/2c peeled cucumber, 1 string cheese, 4oz chicken, 2T ranch dressing
6c water

1/23 the plan
B-it's already 11:35 and have not eaten yet
L-Taco Salad w/lettuce, seasoned ground beef, green chilies, cheese, sour cream with a veggie
D-Stuffed green bell peppers with veggies

Last edited by KatieJo; 01-23-2013 at 11:43 AM..
KatieJo is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2013, 11:53 AM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Psmileyf
Stats: 215/193 on WW/174since LC Aug 1st/166
Start Date: 8/1/2011
Weeks 2 and 3 can be hard.
Your menu looks okay. Watch the Atkins Trail Mix bar...they are so addictive. Especially if you are entering that TOM. And if you eat two in a day you may be doubled over with gas pain!

I'd suggest you keep doing what you are doing.
Psmileyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:08 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: chelseybelle27
Stats: 295.0/283.2/195.0
WOE: Extended Induction
Start Date: 1/4/2014
I agree with the above poster. I am in week 3, havent lost anything and TOM just showed up. Your menus look great, maybe drink some more water, but week 2 and 3 are always tough for me, and your body is just catching up. I also started a pretty good cardio schedule, so dont be surprised if you weight loss slows for a bit from that because you are holding onto water and building muscles. Keep it up and dont let it discourage you, you will see a loss soon, promise
chelseybelle27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:35 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mspartytime
Stats: 248/240/155
WOE: ATkins induction
Start Date: started induction 12/27/2012
I think it looks good too except the atkins bar and the wrap. Those too things are the only thing I can see that may cause a stall. The wrap isn't induction friendly at least in the first 2 weeks and people have said that the bars and shakes often cause stalls. But that first dramatic weightloss is not usually what people see the second and 3rd week so you are doing great. KEep it up.
mspartytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:23 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jaded62
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 1/1/14
The shakes do not stall me. The bars will. The wraps will stall me. I think your menu looks good. Week one is the best week, most people will not lose too much on week two. This is just me. I HAVE to drink at least 100 ounces of water per day to lose ANY weight at all. You might want to up your water intake. Some people think that you need to drink half of your weight in ounces per day to lose.Iam one of them. It works for me. HTH. Good Luck !!!
Jaded62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:36 PM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: pakbabydoll
Week one most people just get rid of the water weight. After that it gets harder. Just stick to the plan and it will start working. Safe weight loss is 1-3 lbs a week.
pakbabydoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:54 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mspartytime
Stats: 248/240/155
WOE: ATkins induction
Start Date: started induction 12/27/2012
Dr. ATkins said you need to drink water to flush out the fat so I think the more water the better.
mspartytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:37 AM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: PopRus1953
Stats: 340/332/240
WOE: Atkins - General LC
Start Date: January 2013
Whatever you do, don't skip a meal. Your body thinks it isn't gonna get something and slows your metabolism way down (starvation mode). Eat whether you are hungry or not. It is about keeping your blood sugar from spiking (up or down). Bars are OK but don't make a habit of them. And I wouldn't bee too concerned about exercise this early. Just concentrate on sticking with a plan consistently. It's not about a single meal (either very low carb or not). It's about what you consistently do. Goof up are inevitable, but go right back to what you were doing. Think like the little train that could.
PopRus1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:40 AM   #9
Junior LCF Member

Thank you for the replies.
I'll up my water, I try really hard to get drink my full 64oz but some tikes its just so hard. I'm gonna stop with the bars but I do have one in my purse in case of any emergencies.
Its just so frustrating why can't I get to my goal weight and then stall lol
Old 01-25-2013, 12:32 AM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Mimosa23
Stats: 227.2/203.2/160
WOE: NK/ IF
Start Date: 2 January 2014
Seriously, you are not stalled.
Your body needs to get used to the weight you've lost, so you stop for a bit. One week is nothing. A stall is something when you are not losing weight or inches for 6 weeks or more.
Be consistent with the plan, be patient.
You did not gain the weight overnight, and you will not lose the weight overnight. No eating plan can do that. And crash diets are not good. You should reasonably expect to lose between 1 and 2 lbs a week on Atkins.
You have already dropped quite a bit since starting, and should be happy you dropped so much in the beginning.
Once the water weight is gone and you start losing fat, you will notice it takes longer to lose...

Also, is there any reason at all you are eating so little calories? For your height and weight I would aim for at least 1500 a day, and that is still very little.
Atkins is not a low calorie diet. It's a low carb diet.

Also, I would drink enough fluids, stay away from anything that is not real food, like bars, sodas, and anything else premade. It will not help your weightloss or health.
Also the low carb wraps are something that I would not use in Induction, they are for later on in Ongoing Weight Loss, when you are nearing goal.

Please be patient, and know that not only will you lose weight when you keep it simple and stick to real foods, you will also do great things for your future health!

Good luck and let us know how you get on!

xxx

female, 38y/o, 5'10"

UK/European LCF Hangout: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...-1-2014-a.html
Mimosa23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:56 AM   #11
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: PopRus1953
Stats: 340/332/240
WOE: Atkins - General LC
Start Date: January 2013
keep on keeping on!

I agree with Mimosa. Too early to call it a stall or not working. I've had some times where I thought I was stalling when I did this the first time and I remember someone giving me advice that I wasn't loading up enough on low carb stuff (meats, etc.) This is a backward way of thinking compared to other eating plans. LC needs a lot of good old protein and fat to wrok correctly. It may seem like you are eating too much or too many calories, but I don't think you can overdo it. You would be full before you got too much. And at your current level of eating, are you feeling satisfied? Trying loading up on meats and butters, and fats (the more the better) and see if this doesn't kick you into high gear!
PopRus1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:29 PM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Psmileyf
Stats: 215/193 on WW/174since LC Aug 1st/166
Start Date: 8/1/2011
I was about your height/weight when I started. I ate about 2100 calories per day. After a few months I pulled it back to 1750 calories a day. Over the past 8 months I have been at 1750-1825 calories/day, on average.

Just go give you some perspective.
Psmileyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:16 PM   #13
Junior LCF Member

Oh WOW, that's some really great information.
I wasn't aware that my calorie intake was to low. On a site where I keep track of all that stuff I eat I had entered my info and they set me at 1350cal a day. I've usually been at 1100-1300 and a few days over that in the last 2weeks. Ive been focused on making sure I get my 12-15 carbs from veggies but I don't always get that. 4-6oz of meat at lunch and dinner. Haven't been using lots of butter with anything. I don't really like them on my veggies. I usually eat them steamed or raw. I am not eating anything that is processed/premade.

For the most part I feel satisfied after my meals. But I've noticed, today I felt starving just an hour or so after eating. Some days I don't want to eat at all or don't have much of an appetite. im not sure of my portion size either. I stick with what the labeling serving size amounts are. Should i go beyond that?

So far today I've had
B-Two eggs over medium, 3 pieces of bacon, and 1oz fresh mozzarella
L-Pork chop, .5c raw sugar snap peas, 1c mix spring salad, 1T ranch, 1wedge laughing cow
D-Not sure yet, either thin new york strip steak with veggies or eating out that is low carb

I think I should be doing some more research and get the Atkins book along with tweaking my calorie intake. Yesterday I ate over 1400cal which included a lot of meats, cheese, dressing, eggs, and other fats. I felt like I over did it but I guess I really didn't.

Last edited by KatieJo; 01-25-2013 at 05:21 PM..