Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2013, 06:43 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Aznicolle
No weight loss 2nd week induction

My stats:
26 yo, female
SW: 176 lbs
CW: 166 lbs
GW: 135 lbs
Height: 5' 7"

Hi everyone! Today is my last day of the 2nd week in induction. I lost 10 lbs the first week, but haven't lost any this week. My weight seems to bounce between 166-170 everyday at different times of the day. I don't have access to the Atkins book so I am using the website and the new mobile app to help me. I am trying to figure out if maybe someone can point out if I'm doing anything wrong lol. I did Atkins about 4 years ago and lost 20 lbs the first month and then fell off track due to kids and life

Here is a typical days menu:
Breakfast: usually 2-3 scrambled eggs with shredded cheddar cheese and two sausage links. Some days I will eat a MIM (muffin in a minute) delicious by the way

Lunch: spinach salad with cucumbers, celery, Parmesan, and 2 tbsp of ranch. Or I will have tuna salad with mayo and onions wrapped in lettuce leaves.

Snacks: pork rinds, cucumbers, celery with peanut butter, or hard boiled eggs. I usually have two snacks a day.

Dinner: normally for dinner I will have baked chicken breast with green beans or side salad, or I will have the low carb tuna casserole, or steak with cauliflower "mock" potatoes.

Drinks: I have 1-2 small cups of coffee per day(bad addiction) lol with 1 tbsp of heavy whipping cream and splenda. 1 carb per cup. Other than the coffee I drink nothing but water all day. Anywhere from 6-8 large glass fulls so it's more than 64oz.

Exercise: I don't do actual exercise at all.. But I do have two small children who keep me on the go at all times lol.

I don't drink alcohol at all. Only use artificial sweeteners for coffee And a random low carb dessert recipe. Limit my salt intake to lightly seasoning my dinner.

I also track all my foods and am getting right at 1200-1300 calories per day, and usually less than 20g carbs per day. I get well in the 12-15g in vegetables per day. Still not sure what I could be doing wrong though! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am trying my best to follow the plan to a T but not losing.

Thanks!!
Aznicolle is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2013, 08:12 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Julie1972
Stats: 220/186/160
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 1/1/2013
I am in the same boat! I started 1 Jan and lost 12 lbs in the first 8 days. Since then nothing! I work out every day and I'm very strict with my diet (except 1 meal last week when I cheated). I was drinking one Atkins shake a day for breakfast so I have cut that out the last few days but still no movement on the scale. I plan to stick with it and try to lower my calories per day and I will also try lowering my daily carbs from 20 to 15 for this week and see what happens. Fingers crossed! Hang in there and keep using this forum for tips and moral support! It has really helped me stay on track! :-)
Julie1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:19 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

I'm really hoping its just my body trying to adjust. But it's a little disappointing seeing nothing happening when u are trying so hard hah. I will continue, but if anyone sees any room for improvement then my ears are all yours!
Old 01-20-2013, 10:45 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: princessmommy
Stats: 207/176/140-145
WOE: Low Carb!
Start Date: May 21 Yet Again!
You Might try giving up the cheese and peanut butter. Depending on the peanut butter you're eatting most have sugar and are higher in carbs. Hang in there! 10 lbs is an awesome start!
princessmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:11 AM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Yeah I have been having to limit the cheese cuz it don't want to digest lol I will cut out the peanut butter even tho it's low carb it may still have sugar in it. Thanks for the advice!
Old 01-21-2013, 08:56 AM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: pakbabydoll
This stall in weight loss after initial weight loss seems to be pretty standard. I am in the same boat and 2 other ladies who started at the same time as me and posted here are in the same boat. I tried to do the fat fast but failed miserably. I think the only thing you can do is up your ratio of fat to protein and eat right, work out and not worry about it too much. I am sure you'll get back on the track soon enough. I am sure its very disheartening to go without your fav foods and not see the scale move even but it took months to put on all that weight so its going to take time to take it off too.
pakbabydoll is offline   Reply With Quote