Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Atkins Induction (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/atkins-induction/)
-   -   Has anyone tried the Atkins frozen meals? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/atkins-induction/794690-has-anyone-tried-atkins-frozen-meals.html)

AllieBee 01-17-2013 11:34 AM

Has anyone tried the Atkins frozen meals?

What did you think? Are they induction friendly? Which ones did you like? Not like?

Thanks! It would be great to have them once in a while for work on the days I can't get it together to bring fresh food. :)

eterprincess 01-17-2013 11:39 AM

I have tried one breakfast one and the chicken alfredo one. I really really liked the chicken alfredo. My husband liked the Sausage primavera as well. The one scramble I had included chorizo sausage, and was WAY too spicy for me, but again hubby loved it.

I find they are good options for days I just need to grab and go, maybe run to 7-11 for a 1.65 salad for a side

chelseybelle27 01-17-2013 11:39 AM

I have only had one so far (the beef merlot) and it was great, but I added a side salad as it wasnt huge. I loved the flavor! I have also heard great things about the chicken pot pie :yummy: As far as I remember, the boxes all said good for all phases of the plan. I just wish they were so expensive! I got mine at Meijer and the were $4.49, but I think they are $3.50 or so at Wal-mart.

LastRick 01-17-2013 02:14 PM

I have tried most of them and would say the Beef Merlot is probably my favorite. As chelsey (above me) said, you probably will want to add a side to make it a decent lunch. FTR, the roast turkey was probably my least favorite: the beans are boring and the meat not as good as some of the others.

princessmommy 01-18-2013 05:26 AM

I had the Italian sausage premavira and it was good. Not much to it serving size wise but tasted good. Next time i'd definetly add a salad along w/ it because I was still hungry afterwards. But i'd buy one again to have in the freezer for a quick meal

janetsbreeze 01-18-2013 05:56 AM

I think they are great and use them just like you said - when I need something on the go. The serving sizes are small, so I usually add some veggies or salad on the side. I think they are quite tasty for frozen meals.

Julie1972 01-19-2013 11:35 AM

Love them and find it easier to take them to work for lunch during the week. My favorite is beef Merlot as well!

kitnmom 01-21-2013 07:17 PM

I had the beef merlot and the meat was smushed and it was really salty

blondosaurusrex 01-29-2013 09:02 PM

I think that Atkins frozen meals are om nom nom! Hopefully they come down in price though. They're really expensive to me. I love how they don't taste like diet food though. And apparently people in my area really like them because whenever I go walmarting, they're almost totally out. And the meatloaf is my favorite. But I've liked all the ones I've had.

janetsbreeze 01-30-2013 05:36 AM

They are kind of pricey - maybe because they are new. Hopefully once the new wears off, the price will come down.

Jaded62 02-04-2013 06:21 PM

I had the chili tonight. It was great. The best one I have had.YUMMY !!!