Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2013, 11:22 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Tamara
Stats: 275/258/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 1, 2013
Induction Day 17

This is my second attempt on Atkins. I woke up discouraged bc I'm only down 10 lbs. My first time on induction i had lost 13 lbs within 14 days. I feel as if I'm going to get my period soon so I could be retaining water. I have PCOS so my period is always a surprise. I decided to try on two pairs of jeans that haven't fit in a year and was shocked to see that they buttoned. Couldn't do that a year ago. Just now i decided to try to take my wedding band off. Again it's been stuck on my finger for a year. Butter couldn't even get it off before and today it came right off with little effort and no food products. Lol! I cried tears of joy!!!
Tamara is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2013, 03:59 PM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: pakbabydoll
Hi, its my day 17 too. I lost total of 15 pounds but that was last Thursday. Its about to be that time of month for me too and maybe that's why I did not lose anything this whole week Last Thursday to today no change. I am just going to stick to it and hope that its the period. I have not really measured the inches so maybe I should do that. I been working out everyday too so maybe I am just building muscle or something. idk
pakbabydoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:30 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Omphaloskeptical
Stats: 5'7", 236/201/136, 18-20%bf
WOE: High fat, <100 carbs/day, Atkins-paleo-ish
Tamara - you are probably losing fat but not scale weight. Must've felt good to fit in those pants and to get your ring off - I know that I would've felt "claustrophobic" not being able to get a ring off for that long!

I started on Jan 1 at 236 and I'm now 225 (I lost 10 in the first 8 days and 1 lb since!) I'm feeling the same as you...I have PCOS too. I'm supposed to be on birth control to help regulate me, but I've been lazy at picking up my rX. So my Aunt Flow is here unexpectedly and I think that's why I might be not losing much.
Omphaloskeptical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:54 AM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Tamara
Stats: 275/258/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 1, 2013
Great job to u both!!! Must have been water weight bc I jumped on the scale today and it's all gone plus an extra pound. Omphaloskeptical, that's exactly how I felt with my ring being stuck. At one point I tried cutting it off so I'm hoping the repair bill isn't huge from the scratches it left. Pakbabydoll, I should start taking measurements too. Good luck to u both! I'm excited for us all!

Last edited by Tamara; 01-18-2013 at 07:55 AM..
Tamara is offline   Reply With Quote