Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Atkins Induction (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/atkins-induction/)
-   -   So I guess a breakthrough last night (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/atkins-induction/794580-so-i-guess-breakthrough-last-night.html)

eterprincess 01-16-2013 05:18 AM

So I guess a breakthrough last night

So yesterday was stressful. Lots of work being tossed at me at my office, some mindnumbing (redrafting exhibits for a federal case...200 exhibits...) and letters that I drafted at 2 that my boss decided HAD to go to a client that day... At 5:25pm. Transit delays, etc and lots of stress. I get into penn station in NYC, which has one of my biggest weaknesses, Krispy Kreme donuts. Usually on a bad day, I just want a donut, damn the celiac consequences.

Last night, I just wanted a cheeseburger on lettuce and low carb panna cotta. No interest in the pizza/ice cream/ yogurt/ or donuts (although I was interested in DD's iced tea lol).

I would like to think that is a big change in mindset for me, I hope it sticks. :heart:

pawleys14 01-16-2013 05:45 AM

great job...:clap::up: you stayed strong.......

mspartytime 01-16-2013 01:26 PM

I have made fried potatos with dinner twice this week for the family and I found I have also lost the cravings for such things. Pizza on the other hand......Gotta make me one of those lc pizzas I have heard about.

princessmommy 01-16-2013 03:00 PM

So awesome!! After awhile it almost becomes second nature to reach for the LC goodies! Not to say that it'll always be easy to resist the HC stuff but it seems to get easier

mydear 01-16-2013 03:23 PM

wtg each time you say no it becomes easier to say no the next time..but if you start caving in...it makes it sooo hard to say no to yourself...

keep up the good work..both with work and with your food choices

hluxe 01-16-2013 04:49 PM

Good for you! :)

Yennie 01-16-2013 05:29 PM

Congratulations! I'm a huge stress eater so I feel for you. Keep up the GREAT work!

Tina7234 01-16-2013 09:17 PM

:high5:
Quote:

Originally Posted by eterprincess (Post 16198621)
So yesterday was stressful. Lots of work being tossed at me at my office, some mindnumbing (redrafting exhibits for a federal case...200 exhibits...) and letters that I drafted at 2 that my boss decided HAD to go to a client that day... At 5:25pm. Transit delays, etc and lots of stress. I get into penn station in NYC, which has one of my biggest weaknesses, Krispy Kreme donuts. Usually on a bad day, I just want a donut, damn the celiac consequences.

Last night, I just wanted a cheeseburger on lettuce and low carb panna cotta. No interest in the pizza/ice cream/ yogurt/ or donuts (although I was interested in DD's iced tea lol).

I would like to think that is a big change in mindset for me, I hope it sticks. :heart:

Very cool! :high5:

Skinnurse 01-17-2013 10:31 PM

That's Awesome,Astime goes on a mindset kicks in voila, your body gets it and the cravings sort of disappear.

Kizz4k 02-05-2013 04:57 PM

Congrats! I'm finding this happens to me now too :)
(being around goodies and not being tempted)

straphe 02-06-2013 02:40 PM

Great job, eterprincess. :)

I'm in week 4 of induction, and yesterday I was coming home from work when this bloke got on the bus with two huge pizzas. I have a major weakness for pizza, so you can imagine how I felt upon smelling that carb-infested goodness. Somehow I managed to restrain myself from grabbing one of his pizzas and running away with it... I got home, and what have you, my flatmates were eating pizza. My cravings kicked into high gear, and I felt really bad, but I cooked up some pork chops and munched on them instead, without much appetite, to be honest.

Anyway, I hope there'll come a point where pizza won't tempt me this bad, cause I fear the next time I see a pizza I'll definitely cave in.

LiterateGriffin 02-06-2013 08:17 PM

Re: Pizza

I eat pizza. You know how you take a bite of fresh pizza, and all the top comes off? And you have to go back for a second bite to get the crust? Well, instead, I just let the empty crust flop down over my hand, exposing the next bite of (high-fat, low-carb) pizza-goodness. There are also recipes for low-carb pizza crusts floating around the site... but this does not have to be a "never again" food. ;)

And as for resisting the doughnuts...

I did a major cross-country move, back in Aug/Sept, and gave myself permission -- for practical reasons -- to go off-plan while that was going on. (Though I still stuck pretty LC! It's my preferred way to eat.)

Well, no sooner did I land in Florida, than I started seeing DunkinDonuts everywhere. When I moved to California at 16, DD was one of the things I seriously missed. Since then, whenever I've come East, I'd go out of my way to visit a DD on each visit.

Well, before I went back on Induction again, I hit up a DD, because the place has been an obsession for 20+ years. (Granted, this DD was in a HESS-station, not a free-standing one with the obvious bakery.) And I had my favorite doughnut and a glazed "munchkin".

And it was awful.

~gag~

For a while, part of my brain kept whispering that, "Yes, that one was bad, but if you went to a REAL DD, it would be Soooooooooo good!!". I just told that voice to shut the frell up. It was weird -- it was like some part of my brain felt obligated to push for another one, even though it held no real interest for me. It's like it was "mandatory" to have those intrusive thoughts.

Now? I don't even notice them when I drive past, anymore. Just part of the backdrop, ZERO temptation left, there. :)