Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2013, 05:12 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eterprincess
Stats: 210/210/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 1/7/13
Ketosis really fast?

So, starting day 3 of atkins induction, been About 12 grams of carbs the past two days per the atkins tracker, and today my keto sticks are showing "moderate ketones."

Isn't that a little quick to be in ketosis, or does it happen at different times for different people?
eterprincess is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2013, 10:17 AM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mrwizard65
It usually takes about 3 days for myself when I start induction. I'm on day 3 now so I'm hoping that I'll be in ketosis by tomorrow.
mrwizard65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:27 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: biggestloser
Stats: High Weight 244 in Feb 06, Current:212/205/190
Start Date: December 18th, 2012
I think 2 days is how long it takes me, although for me those sticks seem to be pretty sensitive to my hydration level. The only time I've had them say moderate, I was very dehydrated. Usually it's just low or a trace or sometimes they're negative especially in the morning. They really motivate me though so I keep using them.
biggestloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:29 AM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mrwizard65
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestloser View Post
I think 2 days is how long it takes me, although for me those sticks seem to be pretty sensitive to my hydration level. The only time I've had them say moderate, I was very dehydrated. Usually it's just low or a trace or sometimes they're negative especially in the morning. They really motivate me though so I keep using them.
You're right, they do depend on hydration or rather how much water is in your bladder and the resulting dilution (or lack thereof) of the ketones in your urine.
mrwizard65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:58 AM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mountaingirl30
Stats: HW:380/SW:200/CW:192/GW:170
Start Date: 1/1/2013
Not really. I've done induction 4 times and every time I'm in ketosis on day 3. I don't use sticks, but my urine smells like acetone and I get a weird taste in my mouth. Drinking more helps that be alot less noticeable.
mountaingirl30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:41 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Skinnurse
Stats: 235/.../175
WOE: LC..ACE
Start Date: 01/07/2013
Im a 2 day girl if I stick really close and under 20g of carbs. Just reminder the color on the ketostick really just has to do with the dilution of your urine. As long as it turns colors towards ketosis instead of negative that is all you need to know. the darkness has really no value since you could have not had a lot to drink or drank a ton of water that day so it would be light
Skinnurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:49 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: erinisme
Stats: 180/170/140
WOE: atkins
Start Date: 12/12/2012
I start ketosis in about 36 hours. Worried me at first. Now just consider myself lucky
erinisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:12 PM   #8
Avy
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Avy
Stats: Start 232+/Current 178.6/First Goal 150/Final 140?
WOE: Low carb lifestyle
Start Date: June 1, 2012
I have never used the sticks ever. I lost 30 lbs in 3 months, and have maintained for 3 months after, and now I'm back to tracking again. I bought sticks last night, and also ate about 100 carbs during the day (sushi with the bf). This morning I tested, and I had 'moderate ketones". I assume by the way I've eaten since June 1st I have been in ketosis alot, but I'm surprised I was in this morning, after last night's supper. I really think it's very different for everyone. I've seen people post they're never had readings and have lost weight just fine.

Officially down 50 lbs! Another 30 or so to my first goal, then I'll re-evaluate.

Couldn't do it without all the amazing support and motivation from this forum and all the wonderful people here.
Avy is offline   Reply With Quote