Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2013, 06:05 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eterprincess
Stats: 210/210/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 1/7/13
Back on atkins, determined to stick, looking for induction buddy

So I did atkins in 2004-2005, went from size 16 to size 8 in 3 months. Then stopped, went to law school, got married and well... Glad I didn't toss the 16s.

So I am back. Starting day 2 of induction, finding the atkins carb tracker app to be helpful, but look g for someone to share experiences and motivation with. My husband is also lc, but he seems to need more carbs or he gets sick (diabetes) and needs grains, where I can't have anything with gluten and am fine on induction.

My name is janna, I am currently about 212, I want to get to 150. I see it right now as "I got through day 1, day 2 won't be so bad... I got through two days, I am do 3" bit I know 5-8 is where induction gets rough.

Any advice from those who have made it through induction without craving a chocolate bar lol.
eterprincess is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2013, 08:05 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: 2f2f
Stats: 256.5/235.5/170
Start Date: 01/02/2013
I will be your induction buddy. I started back on January 3rd. My name is Monica and I am currently at 249.5 my goal weight is 170ish (really about a size 10/12). I have been doing excellent this last week with sticking to plan and I just started exercising yesterday. I don't have any advice about the candy bar - maybe try an Atkins bar instead - lol?

Let's have an awesome year and lose this weight together.
2f2f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:07 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kdarnelld
Stats: 245 Down from 249.9
WOE: No Diet Just a new way of living Life Low Carb.
Start Date: 1/8/2013
Hi I'm starting induction also. This is day one for me. I'm at 249.9 I did the HCG diet 2 years ago and lost like 80lbs in 5 months. Then I got pregnant so here I go again. This time I'm doing LC. I tried the HCG again after my little man got here but it was too hard with recovering from a C-Section and getting into the routine of a newborn. Now he is 8 months, I'm back to work and have my routine going good, so I'm ready to tackle on getting this weight back off by the summer time. We can be inductions buddies if you are interested. Oh yeah my name is Kavetra married 41 year old mom of a 8 month old. Im in nashville, tn where are you?
kdarnelld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:09 AM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Hi Monica we are at the same weight would love a buddy while on this weight loss jouney. I'm trying to get to the same weight also 170s.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:37 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Awesome - kdarnelld - we will be able to keep each other motivated! I am really determined to get to my goal this time. I haven't been under 200 pounds since the early 90's and I'm so ready for it! Let's really work to keep each other motivated and report our progress, struggles and successes! Here is to a wonderful 2013!
Old 01-08-2013, 08:39 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Yay induction buddies!!! Luckily for me the deli at my office sells the detour low carb bars, which helps (1 gram of carbs per bar) but it gets expensive lol.

SO far got through the first day, working my way through the second, seeing how it goes.

I am 31 and in Central NJ
Old 01-08-2013, 08:46 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Low carb bars are expensive! I'm trying to stay away - lol. Way to mke it through your first day and I know you will do excellent today!

I am 45 and it beautiful sunny ARIZONA!

I look forward to supporting and encouraging each other!
Old 01-08-2013, 11:15 AM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: southernbellexx
Stats: 213/203/160
Start Date: 01/02/13
Hi, y'all! I'm on day 7 of induction. Thank goodness I've made it this far! I'm just trying to take it one day at a time. I started back at the gym yesterday as well! Right now I'm at 203. My starting weight was 213. I'm a mom to a 4 year old boy and an 11 month old girl!
southernbellexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:28 AM   #9
Junior LCF Member

Adding Everyone to my friends list

Ok Im adding you all to my friends list i really need this kind of support. I'm so Excited HE HE HE HE
Old 01-08-2013, 11:40 AM   #10
Junior LCF Member

What did everyone eat today? Im at work and this morning I ate 3 boiled eggs, decaf coffee with stevia and half and half with an atkins chocolate shake, then for lunch 3 boiled eggs with seasoned steak and a atkins chocolate shake. I have to stop at the store on my way home to get me some veggies. Hey I have a tip that really worked for me to kill cravings. When I lost that 80lbs 2 years ago. I took 2000 mg of L-Glutamine with 200mg of chromium after each meal at morning, 10 am and then 3pm. For me that completely KILLED ALL cravings for sugar starch and pasta bread EVERYTHING. It was the only way I could continue. Weird enough but I actually got that regiment from an NA (Narcotics anonymous blog) Not that Im an addict, but i was doing and internet search on carb and sugar craving and this NA Narcotics Anonymous blog appeared in the search list. It was a bunch of people who attend NA Narcotics Anonymous and AA (alcholics anonymous) meetings and they was giving each other tips on dealing with cravings for drugs and alchohol and they all was saying L-Glutamine 6000 mg a day and Chromium 600 mg a day. Will Kill any and all cravings. I tried it for carbs and sugar and it was like miracle for me. Just thought I would pass it along.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:45 AM   #11
Junior LCF Member

WOW @southernbellexx so you lost 10lbs in 7 days, that is such and encouragement for me. Right now I got like a major head ache I wonder is it from no carbs. I'm going to take ibuprophen.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:05 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

so far today I have had a small serving of LC panna cotta (induction appropriate), browned hamburger with onion, a detour 1 carb bar, a serving of Genaw's sausage, mushroom, chicken, cauliflower casserole, a cheese stick and diet soda.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:26 PM   #13
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffin1012
Stats: 198/188/150
Start Date: December 2012
I want to join! I need support to go from my current weight of 190 back to 160. I want to reach my goal by March! I've realized that I will always have to battle my food demons so this has to be a way of life.
Muffin1012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:50 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

How exciting for all of us! We are going to have tons of support. Kdarnelld I think I might try that mixture - very interesting. I am also adding everyone to my friends list - that way I can hunt you down if you go MIA :-)

My menu today:
B: Sausage Quiche
L: Meatloaf w/green beans
D: Baked Chicken w/side salad
S: Salami w/1 slice of cheese

Exercise:
AM: Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred (Level 1)
PM: Zumba class
Old 01-08-2013, 04:28 PM   #15
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: DarkDeb
Stats: 245/245/175
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: 1/3/2013
Me, too, please!

Started on Jan. 3 and have made it so far with no chocolate. I don't think I've ever in my entire life gone this long without chocolate!

I'm 56, single, twocats, currently unemployed (but I have a very promising interview on Friday -- wish me luck!), and living in metro Atlanta.

I've been at 245 lbs for about five years, and while I (mostly) watch my carbs to control my blood sugar (Type 2 diabetes), things got out of control when my job went away last year. Eating has always been a way to comfort myself.

Today:
B=bacon, eggs, flaxbread
L=mixed greens, avocado, sprouts, bacon, chicken salad
D=chicken breaded with pork rinds, creamed turnips
S=boiled egg, cheese with roast beef

Deb in Georgia
DarkDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:46 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jonika
Stats: 128/118
WOE: Candida diet, Alkaline diet, Atkins
Start Date: 8/13/2013
Hi!
I would like to join your little group. I need a group motivation bad..I've been on a sugar wagon for the past 6 months and I can't stop! I always make one and the same excuse: "I will start LCing tomorrow." ...well, here I am...starting with a LC diet tomorrow! Now, I have to do it for real and I can't do it alone.

My critical time is in the evening : from 6pm on...

I don't have much to lose, but it's enough for me. About 10 pounds. I need to stay away from sugar and starches for health reasons. The more sugar I eat, the more I crave the next day...It's a vicious cycle.

My usual low carb breakfast is expresso with coconut milk and H&H, no sweetener.
HWC tends to give me a headache (cholesterol overload, perhaps).

I have turkey meat, cauliflower, eggs, and vegetable salad in the fridge...I will have to whip something up from them...

Jonika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:52 PM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdarnelld View Post
I took 2000 mg of L-Glutamine with 200mg of chromium after each meal at morning, 10 am and then 3pm. For me that completely KILLED ALL cravings for sugar starch and pasta bread EVERYTHING. It was the only way I could continue. Weird enough but I actually got that regiment from an NA (Narcotics anonymous blog).

Very neat! I don't care where the information comes from. I bet AAs deal with tremendous cravings on a daily basis. Alcohol is very powerful...
I will have to give this a try. I haven't been able to stay away from sugar at all...
Old 01-08-2013, 05:55 PM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Skinnurse
Stats: 235/.../175
WOE: LC..ACE
Start Date: 01/07/2013
Add me to the need a buddy list!! I just started back on induction yesterday so far so good! I have gone through this before as well. Lost a ton, had surgery, things happened, gave in to emotional/stress eating plus hormone issues but getting it all sorted and looking to lose allllllll of that weight again.

Im Mandy, a 35 year old mom of 3 living in San Antonio Texas. Im a dermatology nurse practitioner turned SAHM so being pretty stagnant vs being on the go all day is taking its toll as well. I weighed in yesterday at 235lbs...that will be that last time I see that number on the scale.

Im hitting that low carb headache I got last go round..ugh kill me. I know I will get through it.

Menu for today was:
Breakfast: scrambled eggs and bacon
Lunch: Rotel Dish
Dinner: Chicken drum, zucchini and shrimp
Snack: pimento Cheese and pork rinds
Long term goal: 160lbs

Weeks on LC: 1 week
Total Weight loss : 5 lbs
Mandy
Skinnurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:08 PM   #19
Senior LCF Member

So dinner was shiitake noodles, with a homemade Alfredo sauce with chicken thrown in. Finished with the low carb panna cotta (holy cow that is good stuff!). So day 2 ends, at about 13 grams of carbs, mostly from veggies.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:19 PM   #20
Junior LCF Member

Hi @Skinnurse, Jonika and DarkDeb, Welcome to our little group. YES! we need all the encouragement that we can get. Try to touch basis everyday with your progress, sucess, ups and downs, grips and concerns or what ever you want to share. Lets all support each other. @Jonika I can totally relate to you. I am a carb and sugar addict. I have done a lot of research and low and behold what I discovered to my horor is that sugar is more addictive then drugs like cocaine, heroin, morphine. And its easier to get off cocaine than it is to get off sugar. Yes try the L-Glutamine and chromium regiment its the only thing that has ever worked for me and I have tried everything.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:22 PM   #21
Junior LCF Member

@eterprincess what is panna cotta and where do you get some from. I need as many induction food ideas as I can get. So for dinner today i just had cube steak and eggs. I need to go grocery shopping so i have to just work with what i got in the fridge until the weekend gets here. I did stop and get me some onions and peppers. I stir fryed that with some chicken and will eat that for the next two days.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:02 PM   #22
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: pakbabydoll
I would also like to join in this please.

B- an Atkins shake
L- an egg with mushrooms, onions, green peppers
S- an Atkins bar
D- fiesta chicken salad
pakbabydoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:27 PM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Skinnurse
Stats: 235/.../175
WOE: LC..ACE
Start Date: 01/07/2013
Hiya pak!!

I too am very interested In panna cotta
Skinnurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:36 PM   #24
Senior LCF Member

@kdarnelld - sugar is more addictive than cocaine, heroin, morphine ? I can totally believe that. You know, every time I get off sugar for a short while, I start DREAMING of sugary treats. I swear. I dream of eating cakes/ice cream/chocolate...then I wake up terrified thinking that my dreams had actually happened. It's such a great feeling when I realize that it was just a bad dream and that I am all good in the morning.
Another withdrawal syndrome I get is a light depression. I feel sad and deprived of foods I cannot have ...I look at the glass as half-empty.
All this bad stuff disappears if I keep up my low carbing and I live happily ever after...

We simply have to prevail.

I will definitely try chomium and l-glutam. Thank you for the tip.

@eterprincess - I don't know what panna cotta is either.
Old 01-09-2013, 05:03 AM   #25
Senior LCF Member

The panna cotta recipe came from genaw.com

1 packet unflavored gelatin
3 tablespoons sf syrup (I used vanilla)
2 cups heavy cream
1/2 cup sf syrup

Measure out the tablespoons of syrup, add the gelatin and let it sit while you do the rest.

Combine the cream and the 1/2 cup syrup in a microwaveable bowl or a pot. Bring to a boil (microwave 5-6 min or on the stove). When boiling remove from heat, add in the syrup with the gelatin. Stir to combine, make sure all gelatin is dissolved. Pit into individual serving cups or a medium bowl, and stick in the fridge for 3 or more hours until set.

Warning, it is addictive as heck, but it is induction friendly (yay)
Old 01-09-2013, 05:10 AM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Tried an Alfredo sauce lady night, pretty good if you have the ingredients on hand.

2 tbs butter
1.5 cup cream
Parmesan cheese (I grated to taste)
Pecorino Romano cheese (again grated to taste)
White pepper (allergic to black pepper and cinnamon. Fun huh)
Nutmeg

Melt the butter
Add the cream over med heat and let it start to reduce, cook about 8-10 min stirring to prevent and curdling.
When thickened or after about 10 min, turn off the heat. Add the cheeses, pepper and nutmeg to your taste. At this point I threw in some shredded rotisserie chicken and returned it to the heat.

Served it over shirataki noodles for a low carb dinner.

For dessert, I am sorry to say the panna cotta did not survive my husband and I. This the it is hard to stop at one serving
Old 01-09-2013, 05:45 AM   #27
Junior LCF Member

@eterprincess I am going to try both of those especially the Alfredo sauce. checked the ingredients for the Alfredo and is loving it, cant wait to try it. I love Alfredo sauce. It never dawned on me to make it my self DUHHHHH lol Please keep sharing your recipes I need them.

Heavy Cream
Total Carbohydrate 0.42g 0%
Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
Sugars 0.02g
Protein 0.31g

Margerine/Butter
Total Carbohydrate 0g 0%
Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
Sugars 0g
Protein 0.09g

Grated Ramano Cheese
Total Carbohydrate 0.2g
Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugars 0.04g
Protein 1.92g
Old 01-09-2013, 05:49 AM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Check out the Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes - Home website. She has a TON of lc recipes, and marks which are induction friendly
Old 01-09-2013, 06:15 AM   #29
Junior LCF Member

OK for breakfast today I just ate boiled eggs, bacon, Parmasean cheese and an Atkins shake, lunch will be fajita steak, shredded cheddar cheese, boiled eggs and Atkins shake. Ok Got to get to work LOL
Old 01-09-2013, 06:16 AM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning everyone and welcome to all of our new friends! eterprincess - I'm with you - I use Linda Sue's daily. The quiche and meatloaf I am having today is from her website - yummy! I like that she * items that are okay for induction. Not to mention she also has entire menus for the induction phase. Well I had a great day yesterday (food and exercise). I did Jillian Michaels 30 day shred in the am and a Zumba class in the pm. I did 30 day shred again this morning (day 3) and I am very sore!

Menu today:
B: Ham and Cheese Quiche
L: Meatloaf w/green beans
D: Baked chicken w/side salad
(can you tell I cook in bulk on Sunday? Alot of repeats during the week)
S: Chicken deli slices

Exercise:
AM: 30 Day Shred
PM: 20 minute turbo jam & Softball game

Last edited by 2f2f; 01-09-2013 at 06:17 AM..