Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2013, 04:40 AM   #121
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Deb-B
Stats: 301/301/190
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb-B View Post
I had lost over 120lbs on Atkins back in 2012 and kept it off for over 2 years...

That should have read 2005... not 2012. I think I should go back to bed.
Deb-B is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2013, 04:59 AM   #122
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: 2ChunkyNow
Stats: 220
WOE: Atkins Diet
Start Date: January 6th, 2013
I would love 2 join your buddy club

Good Morning.....I hope I am not to late, to join this group, I too am starting off as a size 16, and would love to get your support to get to that size 8 also...Looking forward to sharing.

I don't have any pictures, or know how to upload, but ...I will soon!

Weighed in this morning at 220.....

Last edited by 2ChunkyNow; 01-14-2013 at 05:27 AM..
2ChunkyNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:13 AM   #123
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kdarnelld
Stats: 245 Down from 249.9
WOE: No Diet Just a new way of living Life Low Carb.
Start Date: 1/8/2013
SUMMER_TYME, Deb-B and 2ChunkyNow. We are glad to have you the more support the better. Be sure to check in everyday to post your meal for the day. Believe it or not but doing that keeps you on track and a little accountablity. Deb-B we are in the same boat. Pregnancy put on all my weight but for me my little man is only 8 months and 2 weeks old. You can look at my before and after pics.

B: deviled eggs and 4 Tennessee Pride sausage links, strawberry protein shake with blueberries thrown in

L: Tuna with mashed cauliflower and raspberries
D: 2 Hamburger patties with zucchini and Alfredo Sauce

dreaded TOM will be here soon I will see how my chocolate and sugar craving pan out. So far day 5 of induction and not even the slightest hint of an craving for any carbs, sugars or chocolate.

For everyone getting the Chromium and L-Glutamine. It is Vitally important that you take them according to the protocol exactly. Even the slightest variation will render them un-effective or only partially effective. For the maximum results stick to the following regiment.

• Upon rising in the morning, take 1500 – 2000 mg L-Glutamine. Eat your breakfast atleast 1 hour after taking L_glutamine, immediately after eating breakfast take 200 mg of Chromium (they usually come in 200 or 400mg pills, if its 400 mg pill, take ˝).

• Mid morning (between 10 am -11:30 am ) take 1500 – 2000mg of L-Glutamine, eat your lunch atleast 1 hour after taking L-glutamine, immediately after take 200 mg of Chromium.

• Mid afternoon 3:00 pm take 1500 – 2000mg of L-Glutamine Eat dinner at your regular time, immediately after take 200mg of Chromium.

L-Glutamine is an amino-acid therefore if you take it too close to eating a protein you will cancel it out therefore take it at least 1 hour before eating. It can take a maximum of three days to start seeing results, although many people see results the same day.

Down to 245

Last edited by kdarnelld; 01-14-2013 at 06:18 AM..
kdarnelld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:36 AM   #124
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: 2f2f
Stats: 256.5/235.5/170
Start Date: 01/02/2013
Wow, that seems like a lot of pills to take. Where did you get the information on the process?

I hope everyone had a great weekend and are preparted for a great week. I did cook a lot yesterday. Made 3 casseroles, baked some chicken and made some cole slaw (vinegar based - not with mayo). It was pretty good. I'm definately ready for the week.

Today's menu:
B: Coney Island Pie
L: Mexican Spinach Casserole
D: Either Coney Island Pie or Mexican Spinach Casserole (LOL)
S: Chicken w/swiss cheese
2f2f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:37 AM   #125
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ChunkyNow View Post
Good Morning.....I hope I am not to late, to join this group, I too am starting off as a size 16, and would love to get your support to get to that size 8 also...Looking forward to sharing.

I don't have any pictures, or know how to upload, but ...I will soon!

Weighed in this morning at 220.....

It's never too late to join the group. We are all here to encourage, help and support each other. Everyone is !
Old 01-14-2013, 06:49 AM   #126
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdarnelld View Post
What did everyone eat today? Im at work and this morning I ate 3 boiled eggs, decaf coffee with stevia and half and half with an atkins chocolate shake, then for lunch 3 boiled eggs with seasoned steak and a atkins chocolate shake. I have to stop at the store on my way home to get me some veggies. Hey I have a tip that really worked for me to kill cravings. When I lost that 80lbs 2 years ago. I took 2000 mg of L-Glutamine with 200mg of chromium after each meal at morning, 10 am and then 3pm. For me that completely KILLED ALL cravings for sugar starch and pasta bread EVERYTHING. It was the only way I could continue. Weird enough but I actually got that regiment from an NA (Narcotics anonymous blog) Not that Im an addict, but i was doing and internet search on carb and sugar craving and this NA Narcotics Anonymous blog appeared in the search list. It was a bunch of people who attend NA Narcotics Anonymous and AA (alcholics anonymous) meetings and they was giving each other tips on dealing with cravings for drugs and alchohol and they all was saying L-Glutamine 6000 mg a day and Chromium 600 mg a day. Will Kill any and all cravings. I tried it for carbs and sugar and it was like miracle for me. Just thought I would pass it along.

WOW!!! 220 2f2f that is great I be glad when I get to 220. The NA blog I stumbled across in my search for trying to kill my sugar and carb addiction. Its a regiment that they give people in Rehab for drugs and Alcohol to help them against their cravings. Then upon more research I discovered that Sugar is actually more addictive than cocaine and heroin. WOW!!!! I tried the regiment and its was like a miracle. You have to do it for only 30 days because that's how long it takes to permanently kill a sugar and carb addiction. After 30 days I only took the L-Glutamine and Chromium once a day. Although you can stop it all together if you choose. I know its a tough regiment and its a lot of pills but for me personally when I weighed the two against each other, I did the regiment and it worked all the way up until I got pregnant and like Deb-B said Carbs was the only thing that enable me to deal with the morning sickness that I had the whole pregnancy. So that brought the carb and sugar addiction right back again so now its back to what worked for me last time.

Last edited by kdarnelld; 01-14-2013 at 06:54 AM..
Old 01-14-2013, 06:59 AM   #127
Major LCF Poster!

The 220 is not me it's 2ChunkyNow's weight - I wish it were mine! :

30 day's seems doable and if it helps with the cravings, I need it.

Thanks for providing the information, I copied and pasted the directions for when my order arrives.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:01 AM   #128
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jonika
Stats: 128/118
WOE: Candida diet, Alkaline diet, Atkins
Start Date: 8/13/2013
@ kdarnelld - thanks for posting the detailed info about taking L-glut. and chromium. I've not been taking L-glut. one hour before meals and will have to fix that. I do feel a reduction in cravings , but they are not altogether gone so I must be doing it wrong - probably L-glutamine. I am up to 126.3 lb today which isn't good.. I had a bad day yesterday: eye strain from the computer gave me a slight headache and made me feel fatigued. When I feel tired, I always overeat...I need to get back on track with Induction...I will give l-glutamine 3-4 days to start working properly.

For today, my menu is pretty simple:

-coffee with coconut milk and H&H
-ground turkey stir-fry, cooked with coconut oil, parmesan cheese and leftovers of mashed cauliflower
-maybe a salad with olive oil and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar, cheese, bacon bits
-Will I be able to stay away from sugar-free chocolate ? I don't know! Right now, I feel like yes, but who knows what's going to happen in a few hours?

Zumba at 6! Yipee!

The weather here is just UGLY: gray, dark, and it's pouring...perfect for Count Dracula - he would be able to walk around in daylight (or lack of!) today.

Good luck everybody with their Induction and welcome newcomers!

Jonika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:01 AM   #129
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Skinnurse
Stats: 235/.../175
WOE: LC..ACE
Start Date: 01/07/2013
Thanks Starry and KD. I got back on plan yesterday. Im only up 1.5 on the scale from the mexican day but I know a lot is sodium because my fingers are so swollen. Back in the saddle, no looking back. I felt so terrible that day and the next day from the carb party ugh I dont want to go back to that and I need to remember that feeling when I even think about carbs again.

After a week on induction minus one day im down 5 pounds. Im happy with that. I know it could have been more but im losing and that is all that matter
Long term goal: 160lbs

Weeks on LC: 1 week
Total Weight loss : 5 lbs
Mandy
Skinnurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:06 AM   #130
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eterprincess
Stats: 210/210/150
Start Date: 1/7/13
Today is an atkins shake for breakfast, a salad and mixture of ground turkey, peppers and onion for lunch, and chicken parm with pork rind crust for dinner

Still the same weight as yesterday, but feeling better, so trying NOT to get toooo focused on the scale (Move down dang it)
eterprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:37 AM   #131
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Skinnurse
Stats: 235/.../175
WOE: LC..ACE
Start Date: 01/07/2013
todays menu shall be

B: mashed cauliflower (cauli, heavy cream, butter, salt/pepper) I had it left over from last night so I couldnt resist
L: Deviled eggs
D: sausage with saukeraut, jalepenos and chedder cheese
S: either deviled eggs or pork rinds
Skinnurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:30 AM   #132
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lovinlowcarb
I would like to join your group, I am not new to LC I did LC several years ago and lost some weight but life happened and I went back to eating carbs and sweets which are my weaknesses but I am ready to get this weight off and get my blood pressure down a lot, I currrently weigh 242 and would like to weigh 120lbs when all is said and done. I really need to hear from people who is doing induction and has some of the same struggles that I have had, w, e can do this together, let's get started.
lovinlowcarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:36 AM   #133
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jmarch07
WOE: Atkins for now... would love to get back to Paleo!
Start Date: restart January 2013
ugh... bad weekend. I'm so hormonal, I just wanted to eat everything in sight yesterday (and today). I didn't really cheat, just had more than I wanted of lower carb foods! I'm trying really hard to get back on track today. So far, so good, but evenings are my worst time.

Any suggestions for that time of the month and battling cravings??
jmarch07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:38 AM   #134
Junior LCF Member

Oh and how much Chromium is everyone taking?
Old 01-14-2013, 12:17 PM   #135
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: starryeyed
Stats: 248/223.4/220 1st Short term
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: Restarted Aug 28, 2013
Hi everyone, welcome all new people! I am just wondering can you take Chromium while breastfeeding? Does anyone know? We had a great weekend, we went to applebee's (Yes there is a applebee's in Lebanon) But chose the LC options. Just a half a pound loss this morning.

b: Steak and spinach omelet
L: Applebees, steak and shrimp with veggies
D: grilled chicken (not really hungry for dinner)
Snack Low carb protein bar
starryeyed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:40 PM   #136
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarch07 View Post
ugh... bad weekend. I'm so hormonal, I just wanted to eat everything in sight yesterday (and today). I didn't really cheat, just had more than I wanted of lower carb foods! I'm trying really hard to get back on track today. So far, so good, but evenings are my worst time.

Any suggestions for that time of the month and battling cravings??
I know exactly how you feel. I get like that too. The best thing you can do is to get out of the house and go do something so you don't think about food and sugar cravings.A good thing is an exercise , any physical activity.

Chromium : 600mg a day --> 200mg capsules 3 times a day right after meals.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:58 PM   #137
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Deb-B
Stats: 301/301/190
Good first day! Spent most of the day out at the second hand stores around town since they were having a big '50% off everything' event. Picked up lots of stuff for my upcoming cruise, as well as clothing for both my son and husband. I love my second-hand stuff... satisfies my need for retail therapy without hurting the pocket book. Food wise, I've been too distracted to even realize that I wasn't having my starchy carbs:

B: Green Smoothie
L: Cheese and Mushroom Omelette with Bacon
S: Spaghetti Squash Gratin and Grilled Chicken

Snack: Haven't had any... been too busy to remember (bad, I know)

(And yay! The awesome moderators here found my old account and linked me up... so now I have all my old posts under my belt again)

Last edited by Deb-B; 01-14-2013 at 02:00 PM..
Deb-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:43 PM   #138
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mrwizard65
Quote:
Originally Posted by eterprincess View Post
Today is an atkins shake for breakfast, a salad and mixture of ground turkey, peppers and onion for lunch, and chicken parm with pork rind crust for dinner

Still the same weight as yesterday, but feeling better, so trying NOT to get toooo focused on the scale (Move down dang it)
You are setting yourself up for psychological failure by weighing yourself everyday. Your body goes through so many weight fluctuations over a short period of time that you are bound to weigh yourself one day and find out that you might even weigh MORE than you did yesterday.

By doing this you are also making this diet the main focus of your life, and it shouldn't be. It needs to be so seamless and habitual that it falls into the background of everyday life, as is the same for most habits. Making low carb a habit and way of life is the way to success.
mrwizard65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 03:57 PM   #139
Senior LCF Member

well said, mrwizard65. I will have to remember that...

@jmarch07 - try these recipes. they will help you with cravings and feelings like you want to eat the whole ice cream store:

Option 1:

Basic Chocolate
buy sugar-free Hershey's chocolate chips (baking section)
butter
HWC or coconut/almond milk

Put all ingredients into a sauce pan and heat up very slowly , keep stirring until the chocolate and butter are melted.
Whip up some HWC and chop up some almonds or walnuts...put whipped cream in a bowl, pour chocolate on top of it and top it off with chopped nuts.

Option 2:

Ginger Cookies
wet ingredients:
1 stick of butter room temp.
1 egg room temp.
1/3 cup sweetener
1/3 liquid such as HWC or coconut milk
1tsp vanilla

dry ingredients:
2 1/2 cups almond flour
2 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp salt

Mix wet ingredients well together. Add dry ingredients until incorporated. Scoop cookies with a small scoop. Bake at 325 for about 12-15 minutes. They are delicious. I make them ALL THE TIME.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:18 PM   #140
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: pakbabydoll
B- Atkins shake
L- 2 eggs with an hotdog
S- atkins bar
D- talipia fillet with onions/peppers and an atkins shake and cucumbers
pakbabydoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:39 PM   #141
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffin1012
Stats: 198/188/150
Start Date: December 2012
******* is a low carb low fat diet plan. I researched it and for me, it's a no go. It seems dangerous!
Muffin1012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:40 PM   #142
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: summer_tyme
Stats: 190/190/150
Day one of induction went pretty well. Lunch was skimpy but I was snacking on them when the icy weather came and school was dismissed at lunch. SNOW DAY!!!!!

B- 2 eggs fried in EVOO
L- bag of pork cracklins
D- two smoked sausage links & egg white omelet w/ salsa

Any suggestions? Too much? Too little?
summer_tyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:58 PM   #143
Senior LCF Member

Dinner tonight was chicken parm. Crushed up some pork rinds, mixed in some parm cheese. For others I did a mix of garlic and parm cheese. Fried some, baked some, decided to throw it all in the baking dish with some reduced sugar tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese and put back in the oven (unfortunately forgetting that it was hot and burning myself) till the cheese melted.

Served with cauliflower and American cheese
Old 01-14-2013, 07:02 PM   #144
Junior LCF Member

I weigh my self everyday same as I did when I lost all the weight last time, and it didnt effect me at all in the slightest when the scale went up Especially when it went up in the same day lol, that happened alot LOL, it be funny to me, but I knew it was either, hormones, water retention or weight fluctuations. My scale is in my kitchen and i just hop on while cooking, or making baby bottles, or just having a convesation with hubby, not that serious for me. I just be curious as to whats going on.

Last edited by kdarnelld; 01-14-2013 at 07:16 PM..
Old 01-14-2013, 08:36 PM   #145
Senior LCF Member

I am in a phase of not looking at the scale every day. I tend to get obsessed with itand that's not good. It leads to overeating...if I don't check my weight every day, I am able to get in the "zone" - it's when my mind gets quiet and doesn't bother me with cravings. I eat clean and listen to my body more.

******* sounds like a bad dream. Low carb and low fat? I would get hungry in 5 minutes.

summer_tyme - what are pork cracklins?
Old 01-15-2013, 04:44 AM   #146
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffin1012
Stats: 198/188/150
Start Date: December 2012
Morning All!

I will not give up! I gained 4lbs in 2 days and last night it became clear! PMS. I feel better because I haven't strayed from the plan and couldn't imagine why it was happening! I do plan to stop weighing myself every single day. I can't speak for anyone else, but for me, it is a definate head game. Have a great day everyone!!
Muffin1012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:01 AM   #147
Senior LCF Member

So today's breakfast was an adventure. For those who didn't see the post on another thread thingy, panera has a new "hidden menu" with lower carb options. So today, since we were up and fully awake at the awful hour of 6am (I usually fight my alarm until 6:50 the. Scramble to get my bus) we decide to check it out. They have two breakfast options, and egg white and turkey bowl (5 net carbs) and an egg and steak bowl (2 net carbs). They are pretty decent, but for allergy and picky eater purposes I wouldn't get the steak again (steak has pepper on it, I am allergic to pepper and don't eat egg yolk, never had unless its disguised as a lemon pie) but dh enjoyed his turkey bowl.

The steak bowl has two eggs, steak, tomatoe and advocado. The turkey has egg white, turkey, spinach, roast peppers and pesto.

So breakfast was 2 carbs, nice size portion, and it's nice to have options at panera. Google panera hidden menu for the full item list, mostly salads.

Lunch will be the turkey and peppers mix (dh having the chicken parm) and not sure on dinner yet. May just go to five guys lol

Old 01-15-2013, 06:03 AM   #148
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning everyone and am glad to see everyone posting.

As for weighing I do Tuesday's and Friday's - because of challenges I'm on on these boards. I really try not to do everyday - I will go nuts.

Yesterday's menu went out the window as I went to lunch with my BF and dinner with my nieces and nephew. I did manage to stay low carb which is great.

Today's Menu:
B: Coney Pie
L: Mexican Spinach & Hamburger Casserole
D: Either Coney Pie or Mexican Casserole
S: Atkins shake

Have an awesome day everyone!
Old 01-15-2013, 06:33 AM   #149
Junior LCF Member

Good Moring all TOM is definately crouching at the door for me I feel like blahhhh all the TOM symptoms hitting full force plus I'm putting on water But I can say no cravings for sugar, carbs or chocolate. Even if I contiously think of all my favorites, Brithday Cake and Chunky Bars it does nothing for me. I will get strictly low carb during time probably cut out all carbs all together until its over sinse TOM is my most challenging time.

B: egg omlet with peppers onions and mushroom, 2 Tennessee Pride sausage
L: hamburger patties and cole slaw
D. Hamburger patties and cole slaw

Hey 2f2f what is coneys? and also what do you put in your mexican caserole
Old 01-15-2013, 07:18 AM   #150
Junior LCF Member

OH those both sound delicious!! Will have to try soon! I'm back on track as of yesterday. Let's hope it stays that way! I'm afraid to weigh in until tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonika View Post
well said, mrwizard65. I will have to remember that...

@jmarch07 - try these recipes. they will help you with cravings and feelings like you want to eat the whole ice cream store:

Option 1:

Basic Chocolate
buy sugar-free Hershey's chocolate chips (baking section)
butter
HWC or coconut/almond milk

Put all ingredients into a sauce pan and heat up very slowly , keep stirring until the chocolate and butter are melted.
Whip up some HWC and chop up some almonds or walnuts...put whipped cream in a bowl, pour chocolate on top of it and top it off with chopped nuts.

Option 2:

Ginger Cookies
wet ingredients:
1 stick of butter room temp.
1 egg room temp.
1/3 cup sweetener
1/3 liquid such as HWC or coconut milk
1tsp vanilla

dry ingredients:
2 1/2 cups almond flour
2 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp salt

Mix wet ingredients well together. Add dry ingredients until incorporated. Scoop cookies with a small scoop. Bake at 325 for about 12-15 minutes. They are delicious. I make them ALL THE TIME.