Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2013, 06:01 AM   #91
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffin1012
Stats: 198/188/150
Start Date: December 2012
Hey guys! Just wondering if anyone else has noticed stalls when they drink Coke Zero or other diet drinks. Also, I am just not hungry and have to force myself to eat. Help! I know I have to eat but if I see one more egg, steak,fish filet, or piece of chicken, I am going to scream! Nothing...not even a peanut butter cup appeals to me. I suppose the L-Glutamine and Chromium are working.
Muffin1012 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2013, 06:02 AM   #92
Junior LCF Member

One other thing, can someone tell me if my avatar/picture is working? Thanks!
Old 01-12-2013, 06:10 AM   #93
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jonika
Stats: 128/118
WOE: Candida diet, Alkaline diet, Atkins
Start Date: 8/13/2013
Good morning everybody!
Drinking my morning coffee w/ Coconut milk and a dab of H&H. I don't feel hungry at all. That frozen kefir from last night is still keeping me full. I have a long morning ahead of me...My regiment of L-Glutamine + chromium should help out a bit! No more sugar for me!
@skinnurse- your zucchini dish is next on my menu.

@Muffin - don't know about avatar. It should be working just fine. Email the moderators (go to the main Low carb friends page and all the way at the bottom, there is 'Help Desk")
- yes, aftificial sweeteners , especially aspartame (Diet Coke) can stall you. There types of drinks will create cravings for real sugary sweets too. Can you get rid of it from your diet?

Jonika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:11 AM   #94
Junior LCF Member

It's Okay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eterprincess View Post
I have failed for today. They brought in cupcakes, really bad stressful day (no money to pay bills and get food till tuesday... sigh) it was one of my law partners birthday, and they had chocolate mint cupcakes. So I was bad, I had one, but will not let it derail me permanently. The rest of the day will still be low carb, and the rest of the week as well...

Sigh... no willpower yet
You do have willpower! You didn't eat 5, just 1. I don't know about you, but I would have not only destroyed that cupcake but devoured every other cupcake in sight. You got right back up and stared your induction again. I am proud of you!
Old 01-12-2013, 06:15 AM   #95
Junior LCF Member

Morning Jonika!
I decided to take the left over bottles of soda to work. I hate to throw them out. Thanks for the tip about the avatar. I uploaded a picture of myself but I don't see it when I log in. Oh well... Thanks for the response. I will contact the help desk. Have an awesome day!
Old 01-12-2013, 06:18 AM   #96
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Skinnurse
Stats: 235/.../175
WOE: LC..ACE
Start Date: 01/07/2013
Muffin I believe you have to have a slightly higher post count before your avatar works
Skinnurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:45 AM   #97
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: pakbabydoll
did not post yesterday but the menu was

B- Atkins shake
L- salad with turkey and cheese
S- Atkins bar
D- Chipotle chicken bowl

I decided to give myself a cheat meal every week. So last night was my first. I had chipotle (which is still pretty healthy and not like a burger and fries).
pakbabydoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:00 AM   #98
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eterprincess
Stats: 210/210/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 1/7/13
I haven't found that diet soda affected me too much, but my body is used to caffeine.

So even with the cupcake setback, I have lost another pound. Slow progress but progress
eterprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:03 PM   #99
Junior LCF Member

I am so proud of us all! I haven't been losing, however I haven't lost faith. It may be the diet soda or the protein shakes. The shakes are non negotiable because of my wls,but even with the shakes my carb count stays under 20. Who knows? Either way I feel happy and energetic. Some scale movement would be nice, but I am sure it's on the way.
Old 01-12-2013, 01:34 PM   #100
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinnurse View Post
Muffin I believe you have to have a slightly higher post count before your avatar works
I will try to post more...esp about what I eat.
B-1 egg
S-Unjury protein shake
L-Grilled Chicken and salad
D-Taco salad
so far I've had breakfast and snack... I'm full so this menu is tentative!
Old 01-12-2013, 04:28 PM   #101
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Zeppe
Stats: 202/202/135
WOE: Atkins <25 carbs
Start Date: 1/12/13
Hi all - I'd like to join this support group.
I lost about 30 pounds several years ago on Atkins but have gained it all back, plus some, since then. At 202 lbs, I am now the heaviest I have ever been in my life - and I hate it.
I'm going back on induction as of tomorrow morning (since I'm done eating for the night).
I'm not very good at menu planning - maybe I can develop some menu-planning skills from ya'll!

By the way, Muffin, your avatar is working - it's a picture of you standing in an office I think.

Last edited by Zeppe; 01-12-2013 at 04:34 PM..
Zeppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:36 PM   #102
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kdarnelld
Stats: 245 Down from 249.9
WOE: No Diet Just a new way of living Life Low Carb.
Start Date: 1/8/2013
Hi all been kind of busy today cleaning and running around.

B: Egg omlet with mushroom and onions and strawberry protein shake(hubby made my breakfast)
L: chicken breast with onions and peppers alfredo sauce and strawberry protein shake
D: Meatloaf balls with mashed cauliflower
S: no appetite for a snack

I wonder if the shakes will make me stall, I'm glad the chromium and L-glutamine is working for some. Its my miracle regiment. Day 4 and still not even a hint of craving for sweets or chocolates or carbs. On my way to kicking this sugar addiction. Good news my sister is joining she is getting ready to start her Low carb lifestyle as well.
kdarnelld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:23 PM   #103
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeppe View Post
Hi all - I'd like to join this support group.
I lost about 30 pounds several years ago on Atkins but have gained it all back, plus some, since then. At 202 lbs, I am now the heaviest I have ever been in my life - and I hate it.
I'm going back on induction as of tomorrow morning (since I'm done eating for the night).
I'm not very good at menu planning - maybe I can develop some menu-planning skills from ya'll!

By the way, Muffin, your avatar is working - it's a picture of you standing in an office I think.
Hi Zeppe!
Thanks! I finally figured out what I was doing wrong! WELCOME! Google Lindas Low Carb and you will find so many recipes you won't be able to decide what to eat first! I wish you the best on this lifestyle change. We will all make the journey together!
Old 01-12-2013, 06:25 PM   #104
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdarnelld View Post
Hi all been kind of busy today cleaning and running around.

B: Egg omlet with mushroom and onions and strawberry protein shake(hubby made my breakfast)
L: chicken breast with onions and peppers alfredo sauce and strawberry protein shake
D: Meatloaf balls with mashed cauliflower
S: no appetite for a snack

I wonder if the shakes will make me stall, I'm glad the chromium and L-glutamine is working for some. Its my miracle regiment. Day 4 and still not even a hint of craving for sweets or chocolates or carbs. On my way to kicking this sugar addiction. Good news my sister is joining she is getting ready to start her Low carb lifestyle as well.
What kind of shakes are you using? Atkins Shake or another brand? The Atkins shakes cause me to stall. My Unjury I have done from day one and been fine. For me it was the Coke Zero and Diet Cherry Dr. Pepper that had my body in a tizzy!
Old 01-12-2013, 06:26 PM   #105
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: KellyTN2013
Stats: 272
WOE: whatever I can get in my mouth
Start Date: 01/18/2013
Hi everyone, I'm KdarnellD sister and I can't wait to start the low carb lifestyle. I am learning that this has to be a new way of living and not a diet. I am so excited and can't wait to get started. Five more days and counting. I am getting prepared for my induction start day this coming friday. I need all the support I can get. I will definitely be logging on often.
KellyTN2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:02 PM   #106
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Skinnurse
Stats: 235/.../175
WOE: LC..ACE
Start Date: 01/07/2013
Ugh failed miserably today..back on induction tomorrow took the kids for a day out ended up at Mexican....I feel horrible and icky
Skinnurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:56 PM   #107
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: starryeyed
Stats: 248/223.4/220 1st Short term
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: Restarted Aug 28, 2013
Hi everyone! Welcome Kelly and Zeppe...Good luck to you both starting Induction.

Skinnurse, Don't beat yourself up, just get start again tomorrow and congrats on you losses so far. Its just a minor set back.
Muffin, I remember when I did atkins back in the day my weight loss stalled a bit..I think maybe because of the shakes but not sure.
Eterprincess, great that you still had some losses!

Went to a dinner party yesterday and managed only to have the salad and mussels which were really good. Has anyone tried low carb pizza bites...they are yummy. The pepperoni acts as the crust. I found the recipe here on food.com Low-Carb Pizza Bites Recipe - Food.com - 448305

Menu Saturday
b: Leftover LC beef and broccoli Soup
L: Pizza frittata (I have pizza on the brain)
D: feta, Cucumber salad and steamed herb seasoned mussels
Snack: 85% Lindt chocolate 2 pieces

So for me I have been on Induction for almost a week and even though I've had some minor set backs I am official out of the 240's! So my next goal is to get out of the 230's.
I hope everyone has a great weekend!
starryeyed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:41 AM   #108
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: pakbabydoll
Hi guys so Friday I had a cheat meal planned and I wanted to see if I could handle it and get right back on it Saturday and thankfully I did not have any problems with it!!

Saturday:
B- cheese and turkey with lettuce sandwich
L- one serving of the chicken sausages with cucumbers and an atkins bar
S- did not need one since I went out shopping
D- homemade baked chicken wings with cucumbers

Sunday:
B- left over chicken wings from last night
L- a salad with bits of chicken sausages in them
S- cheese stick
D- prob another salad
pakbabydoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:32 AM   #109
Senior LCF Member

Hello! and good morning.
Welcome newcomers!! I wish you all the best on your weight-loss journey. Don't forget to post a lot!

Yesterday was okay for me. chromium really kept my sugar cravings to a minimum. They were still there, but I wasn't ravenous. Later , after 6pm, I made a dessert: I whipped HWC, melted sugar-free Hershey's dark chocolates, and toasted chopped hazelnuts. I put it all in a bowl. It looked pretty and it tasted great too. A satisfying dessert.
Afterwards, I hopped on a bike as I was watching Celebrity Ghost Stories and An Amish Murder, haha.

My ketosis is back finally. Today, I am going to be cooking ground turkey with vegetables and tomato sauce....Will make bacon in the over too. I am also defrosting my alkaline thick vegetable soup from this summer. I use it as a sauce or a soup. My weight is up to 125.8 from my latest sugar night...but I believe I'll be down to 125.4 by tomorrow.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:36 AM   #110
Senior LCF Member

I have a good tip for those who eat sugary food occasionally (at work, at a party, etc.). It's called CARB BLOCKER and it's a white kidney bean extract. It blocks sugars from getting absorbed by the body and consequently, a person and doesn't get bloated,jittery, and she/he doesn't gain so much weight. It works for me. I mean it's not a miracle pill, but it keep the weight gain down considerably.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:39 AM   #111
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kdarnelld
Stats: 245 Down from 249.9
WOE: No Diet Just a new way of living Life Low Carb.
Start Date: 1/8/2013
Newcomers and just as Jonika said besure to post alot.

B: egg omlet with onions mushroom and cheese. Super Advances Whey
protein Strawberry shake with blueberries tossed in 2 Tennessee Pride real country sausgage

L: Chicken with Afredo sause, Super Advances Whey
protein Strawberry shake with blueberries tossed in

D: chicken Thighs with zuchini alfredo and raspberries
S: depending on if I need one, havent so far.

Kelly be looking for recipes Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes - Home and getting your menu together while you wait for your induction start date

Skinnurse dont beat your self up just get right back and board and keep pushing forward. Its a new day.

Last edited by kdarnelld; 01-13-2013 at 08:46 AM..
kdarnelld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:23 AM   #112
Junior LCF Member

Welcome Everyone!

Greetings Everyone!

Today is going to be a great day! First day of a new week nd another day to do it right. Speaking of doing it right, I have nixed all the diet drinks and fillers from my diet. I havent had a protein shake today and I am not going to. I need to see if its responsible for my stalls even though I calculate the carbs in my count.

B-1 egg & 4 slices of bacon
S-Coffee
L-Taco Sald
D-Chicken Wings & Salad

Hope I shed some lbs today!
Old 01-13-2013, 01:37 PM   #113
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: 2f2f
Stats: 256.5/235.5/170
Start Date: 01/02/2013
Hello everyone and welcome to our new comers!

I have been doing a lot of cooking today. I made a sausage quiche, a mexican spinach casserole, and a chili dog bake. I am totally ready for the week.

B: 2 sausage patties and pancakes (ok they weren't real pancakes - the were whipped eggs and heavy cream that I made to look like pancakes) then I added some sugar free syrup. Yummy.
L: Hotdog w/grilled onions
D. Baked chicken and cole slaw

I ordered my L-Glutamine and Chromium on Friday - can't wait till it gets here.
2f2f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:48 PM   #114
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: summer_tyme
Stats: 190/190/150
Start Date: January 2013
I'm jumping in as well...starting induction tomorrow!!

I lost 60 lbs on atkins several years ago. I kept it off for years. I have gained most of it back over the last couple of years. I am a school principal and went back to school for my Ph.D. in Education Leadership two years ago. I was not a math teacher, but I do know this formula for sure...Full-time work + Full-time student + single mom of teenage son = WEIGHT GAIN

I lost my father Thanksgiving of this past year which has been a major setback as well. I am heading into the last semester of my doctoral program and am determined to get back on track.

I booked a cruise for this summer so I woud have a concrete goal/reward to strive for. My goal is 150 lbs by June 1st...journey begins RIGHT NOW!!
summer_tyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:36 PM   #115
Junior LCF Member

I stayed the course today!! I had beef roast for lunch/dinner with cabbage. My sister invited me over and we ate around 4pm. If there are any suggestions to help me, please feel free to offer. If I haven't lost anything in the morning, I'm tempted to give up. I need to figure out what the issue is. Should I cut out the vegetables? HELP!
Old 01-13-2013, 07:04 PM   #116
Junior LCF Member

Has anyone heard of *******? I saw it on another thread but can't get any info.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:13 PM   #117
Senior LCF Member

@ summer_tyme - welcome to our group! I am sorry to hear about your loss. It must have been difficult. You sound like a determined person so don't worry, you can do this!
Old 01-13-2013, 09:21 PM   #118
Senior LCF Member

@ Muffin - Good job for today. I hung in there today too...I had my vice like sugar-free chocolate, but I didn't have too much of it.
I haven't heard of *******...what's supposed to be?

I got Vitamix for Christmas and I decided to experiment a little. It whipped this absolutely amazing raspberry sorbet. It was done in two minutes tops! The best thing is that it was sugar-free (stevia + erythritol), made with full-fat yogurt and frozen raspberries. I had just a taste before I handed it down to my family. It was destroyed within minutes. I'll make more of it after Induction

Right now, I am out of meat and vegetables. I will have to go shopping soon. The only protein left are Tofurky sausages (tofu sausage), but those make me gain weight...strange, but tofu has that effect on me unfortunately.

Let's start the new week happy and well rested! good night everybody
Old 01-13-2013, 09:24 PM   #119
Senior LCF Member

@2f2f - let me know how chromium and L-glut. are working for you
Old 01-14-2013, 03:00 AM   #120
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Deb-B
Stats: 301/301/190
Start Date: January 2013
Can I jump in here too? I'm starting Day 1 of Induction today.

I had lost over 120lbs on Atkins back in 2012 and kept it off for over 2 years... then I got pregnant and the dietitian told me I had to eat carbs for the health of my baby. That started the roller-coaster again, and I haven't been able to kick it since. Now that my son is 5, I think it is time to get things back on track. I've got about 110lbs to lose, but need support in order to get there!

Deb
Deb-B is offline   Reply With Quote