Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2013, 04:26 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: chelseybelle27
Stats: 300.3/274.2/healthy :)
WOE: Extended Induction
Start Date: 08-25-14
New Year, New Us!

Hey guys, this is a continuation of the "Starting Again" thread...it was closed due to size! Hope you all find us soon!

To any new joiners, please post!

Im Chelsey, and I am trying to get this weight off once and for all. I am at a good point in my life to do so...pretty awesome husband, and a wonderful 3 year old, for whom I want to be as active as possible, because, lets face it...3 year olds are a LOT of work

I am a new graduate with my nursing degree and waiting to take the most important test of my life, the NCLEX, or better known as "the boards" Im scared to death (if we are being honest here )

Im now a stay at home momma until I can take said test, so I have all the time in the world (when Im not wrestling a 3 year old) to focus on my new way of life, and to get this habit down pat! I have a feeling once I enter the nursing world, I will no longer have time to do anything...so I need to be serious now!

This morning I weighed 278 and my goal is 180. I hope to make this goal by then end of this year or early next year, because then its time for what I really want...another baby! Being pregnant at 280 is not my idea of fun (believe me, I was there with my son!) and the thought of diabetes scares the daylights out of me! I have a family history, and the risks are very real.

Okay, okay, I have over shared. I hope my old friends find us and new friends find us too! We are in this together (whether ya like it or not )

Goal #1: 265.0 (Back to where I was last year!)
Goal #2: 240.0 (Back to where I was 2 years ago, seeing a trend )
Goal #3: 215.0 (Almost there!)
Goal #4: 195.0 (GOOOOOAAAAL!)
chelseybelle27 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2013, 06:12 PM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Jamie2012
WOE: Atkins
Yay I found the new thread!

I'll check in tomorrow with an update but wanted to let you know I was still here.

I hope everyone else finds us too!
Jamie2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:10 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jeannecgo
Stats: 281/259/245/236/233/226/218/213/210180
Start Date: Feb 2012
You guys couldn't give me the slip.....I am here!

Today was a crazy day at work and tomorrow and Wednesday will be even worse. I did pretty well on food, at least in terms of calories, 768 but again carbs were more of an issue as I had 42. I did workout this morning so that was good. But for some weird reason I was hungry all day.

I need to go back and catch up on the last thread but you guys seem to be doing great!
Jeannecgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:12 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie2012 View Post
Yay I found the new thread!

I'll check in tomorrow with an update but wanted to let you know I was still here.

I hope everyone else finds us too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeannecgo View Post
You guys couldn't give me the slip.....I am here!

Today was a crazy day at work and tomorrow and Wednesday will be even worse. I did pretty well on food, at least in terms of calories, 768 but again carbs were more of an issue as I had 42. I did workout this morning so that was good. But for some weird reason I was hungry all day.

I need to go back and catch up on the last thread but you guys seem to be doing great!
Glad you ladies found us!
Old 01-07-2013, 08:41 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Skinnurse
Stats: 235/.../175
WOE: LC..ACE
Start Date: 01/07/2013
Hi there!! I'm Mandy. I was here last year. Lost all my weight, did amazingly well. I had a hysterectomy in May and have struggled with a steady gain since then..damn hormones out of whack. I'm hoping we have it all settled now and I'm back to lose it all again
Skinnurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:02 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
Start Date: 8/18/14
Hi Mandy! Welcome to the group!!

Chelsey - thanks for starting the thread.

My quickie - I'm Amber, about to be 32 (next week!!), mom of a 3 year old boy, working mom (attorney), and happily married to my college sweetheart. Last year I started at 277 and got down to 221, but got sloppy over the summer and started regaining my lost weight. I nipped it in the bud, but not before I gained back a good chunk. I'm starting at 250 and my goal for this year is 170.
AsmallerME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:49 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome Mandy! Sorry about the surgery and the subsequent hormonal problems! You have an advantage though...you know what it takes to get to goal! I havent been at goal in like 7 years! Best of luck to you!

Ive been trying to do a bit of intermittant fasting, not sure if I am doing it right or not lol

I try not to eat until 11 am and then I stop eating before 8pm. I havent been very hungry so that helps, but my tummy is grumbling at me right now, so I am very glad its almost 11 Oven bacon is in the fridge just waiting to be heated up!

I wasnt planning on weighing every day, more like every other day, but I got caught up and weighed this morning...277.2, so a grand total of 6 lbs lost. I didnt really get super serious until Saturday, so thats pretty darned good! Im excited, but will probably wait to weigh until Friday...if I can hold out

Hope everyone is well and that they find the new thread!
Old 01-08-2013, 09:49 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Ladies, Im excited to get this in gear! It's hard to remember all of my favorite meals and snacks from last year but it's slowly coming back to me. Today is only day two and Im not weighing in until monday.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:21 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Mandy- I tend to forget all my recipes too when I restart! I am trying to stick to the "normals" this time around, I get in trouble when I add in the fillers like cream cheese, heavy cream, etc.

Today has gone great! I havent ate any real meals, just snacked, and DS and I even got out to the park since its in the 50s today! We are planning the zoo tomorrow since it should be hoodie weather...hes super stoked Me too!

I am trying to get him 30-60 minutes of exercise a day, which is hard to do when we are couped up inside on cold days. Yesterday, we went out and played tball for about 30 minutes and then ran around the kitchen and did push ups and jumping jacks. I have NO idea how my 3 yr old can do perfect form push ups, but Im not complaining! We call him baby beast...I am pretty sure he is destined for sports Little ball of muscle, puts momma to shame with her girl push ups that I can barely do!

Baked whole chicken tonight...usually cook it in my crock pot, but going in the oven route tonight, wish me luck!
Old 01-08-2013, 06:33 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Terra2721
Stats: 232/164/150
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: restart 9/17/2012
Hi all, just popping in. I have been back on track for 2 straight days, will weigh in tomorrow and hope to see the scale go down from 205 lbs!

Here is my intro: Hi I am Terra. I am a 35 y.o. single mom to almost 2 y.o. little boy. In May 2007, I started induction and dropped close to 70lbs in about 10 months. I maintained that loss until getting pregnant in 2010, where I went nuts and ate anything that wasn't nailed down. I restarted induction in September 2012 and went 90 + days without a cheat and dropped close to 30 lbs. I was not very disciplined over the holidays and gained 5 lbs back, so I am back on the wagon and hoping to drop 55 lbs to my dream weight (150) and then maintain that loss.
Terra2721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:45 PM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Awesome Terra on being on plan for 2 days! For me, once I make it to day #4, everything gets easier. Then the dreaded week #3 rolls around and always knocks me off the wagon...but not this time, for either of us! Keep it up, hope you see 204 or lower tomorrow!!

I tried to eat dinner tonight but I just wasnt feeling it. Maybe I have filled up on water, but I think my ketosis has kicked in for sure. My yummy chicken and broccoli just didnt seem enticing, so I packed it up and hope to eat some tomorrow. I hope I am not starving when I wake up! I plan to hit the gym in the morning, this will be day #3 of hoping, and I dont have a good track record if ya catch my drift...I just wanna sleep in! DS and I are also hitting the zoo tomorrow since it might be our last sunny day of the week.

Have a great night, going to catch up on Catfish...Im addicted to that show
Old 01-08-2013, 07:16 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

I do ok with cream cheese and heavy cream, too many veggies do me in and those mock bread products. I can't use them otherwise it makes me crave bread and I crash. I have to eliminate sandwiches etc entirely or it's not going to change my thinking.

Welcome terra! It seems a lot of us have little toddlers to chase after
Old 01-09-2013, 05:17 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eterprincess
Stats: 210/210/150
Start Date: 1/7/13
Yay!

So bio:

31 year old atty, struggled with weight since puberty. Recently diagnosed with pcos and celiac disease (woo). Married with 2 cats, no kids yet, husband is diabetic but not insulin dependent. Previously did atkins to get ready for a miss America prelim, went from 210 to 170 and a size 16 to size 8 in three months. Went to law school, gained it all back between school, marriage, NYC food options where I work, and a general "it's too much work and too expensive". Tired of feeling sick and tired all the time, trying to get my health back under control.
eterprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:45 AM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

WELCOME eterprincess! You did an amazing job in those 3 months! I have a similar experience losing about 110 lbs before marriage. Funny what getting married will do to your body (not to mention babies ) Ok, ok, its not all their faults!

How exciting about the Miss America prelims! That sounds exciting!

Best of luck to you, you will do great I am sure...sounds like you have a great mindset about you for this journey!
Old 01-09-2013, 06:47 AM   #15
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey everyone. I'm glad we all got to re-intro ourselves. It's fun reading about everyone.

Terra - good work getting back on track. You are VERY close to ONE-DERLAND!!

Chelsey - good job on getting through a few days and losing some weight already!! Have fun at the zoo today. DS has been begging me to take him. I told him maybe in a week or two. Ours is a 3 hour drive away.

Mandy - WTG on restarting!! I also forget my recipes at first and have to re-learn what to eat. I try to print my favorites each time I start and make a mini-rotation with them until I get solidly in the groove.

Princess - I relate to the gaining in law school bit and the "it's too much work and too expensive." Those are two things I constantly battle.

Hi Jeanne & Jamie!!

Still plugging along. I'm not 100 percent commited and I know it's a mental struggle. I may try to JUDDD and allow carbs for a week or two and see how I do/feel. I figure it might make me realize how much I need LC. Right now I'm doing the whole start, quit after breakfast, or make it two days and fall off on day three. I'll keep posting and keep you updated and just not write down my food choices if they aren't LC friendly.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:50 AM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning everyone!

Ready to go today...weighed again, 276.6 this am, so a 0.6 loss from yesterday...Ill take it! I think I will just have to retract my previous statement about weighing. I am a admitted daily weigher, no 2 ways about it

Taking DS to the zoo today, but its a bit rainy right now, so we have to wait another hour or so. Try explaining that to an excited 3 year old lol. I told him he has to finish breakfast first...that should take an hour or so Hes a SLOW eater!

Posting my menu for today...wont change much as I am bringing it with me while we are out and about.

B- 3 pieces bacon
S- atkins shake
L- 2 cups salad, 2 tbsp ranch, cheese, ham lunch meat
D- Probably alfredo chicken broccoli leftovers
Old 01-09-2013, 06:53 AM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Amber- lady we are so here for you...you know I have been there, done that, so please please please let me know if you need anything! You gotta do whats going to make you happy, and maybe JUDDD with some carbs will be the ticket? You can do it!
Old 01-09-2013, 07:02 AM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

you know, I failed to mention my age in my original post...maybe something psychological about that as I am about to turn 30 I just realized everyone else had mentioned it, so I figure I would too!
Old 01-09-2013, 07:37 AM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Linda1960
Stats: 246/195/145
WOE: JUDDD/(combined with WW-type foods)
Start Date: Highest wt: 246/ Start JUDDD 8/18/2014 @ 209.8
Yay........I just found you ladies! I see they closed our previous thread!

My quick bio: I am a 52-year-old female, struggling with my weight in menopause, as well as battling Hypothyroidism for the past 20 years. (And I work 12-hour days all week, so that doesn't help!) Have two kids, daughter-25, son-28, two Siberian Huskies and a cat. Married 33 years this July to a wonderful man that I met when I was 13.........became good friends, dated..........and stayed together since! I lost almost 70 lbs. (from 246 down to 179 lbs) on Atkins back in 1999 in just 6 months, and kept it off for over 3 years. Then went OFF of the LC way of eating (stupid.............I know....) and gained 50 of it back. I am restarting Atkins to try and lose what I gained and THEN SOME!But now that I am in menopause, the scale will NOT move!

I did really well through the holidays with staying on plan, but for some reason the other night, I broke down and had pizza with DH! Oops! Talk about a carb slip-up! But, ooooooh....it was sooooo good! Went right back on the diet the next morning though!

Last night I had some yummy BBQ Chicken Thighs made with some homemade LC BBQ sauce that I found on this site. Worked out on Monday and Tuesday (Treadmill, doing High-Intensity Interval Training.....varying speeds and incline).

Today's menu plan:
BREAKFAST: (5 am) - 2 eggs, 1 sl. cheese, 1 sl. bacon, several coffees with HC & Splenda
MID-MORNING SNACK: (9:30 am) Atkins Shake
LUNCH: Chinese Buffet (will chose meats & veggies, no sugary sauce)
DINNER: BBQ Chicken Thighs (LC BBQ Sauce), Salad with Ranch & Oil
SNACK: Cheese & Pepperoni (if needed), decaf coffee with HC & Splenda
EXERCISE: 30 min of High-Intensity Interval Training on Treadmill.
NOTE: I almost have to have TWO breakfasts some days. I get up so early in the morning (4am), and I don't get a lunch break at work till 12 noon.........so there is no way I can get through 8 or 9 hours with only one meal. Sometimes I can, but today I was hungry!!!!!!!!!! So I had an Atkins Shake mid-morning.

I have to go to a wake at a local funeral home on my way home from work. I hope to get home early enough to get in my workout. Otherwise, I will have to skip it, as it will be too close to my bedtime. (I go to bed very early, as I get up every day at 4 am).

Chelsey: Whenever I go to Olive Garden, that is EXACTLY what I order there. I get the Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo....without pasta! They bring a big bowl of chicken and broccoli smothered in alfredo sauce, and I usually only eat half, and bring the other half home. I have made it at home as well, and it IS YUMMY! Enjoy!

I need to catch up and read through all the posts..........welcome to some of the new people on this thread! Glad you joined us! Have a good day everyone!

1998 - 246 lbs.-Highest weight Pre-Atkins. Lost 70 lbs on Atkins, and kept it off for years. Then gained some back (225) when I stopped doing low-carb. Did WW (225 - 209.8)/Started JUDDD 8/18/14 @ 209.8 lbs!
Old 01-09-2013, 09:38 AM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Terra2721
Stats: 232/164/150
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: restart 9/17/2012
Chelsey - You are off to a great start, keep up the good work! Hope you had fun at the zoo.

Mandy - I am confident you will have an awesome restart!

Princess -Welcome!

Linda- Sometimes you need to enjoy a cheat here and there. Way to get back on the wagon

Amber- Do what works for you! I find that what works for me evolves and changes contingent on a variety of things. If it works great, if not tweak it.

I think I am back into ketosis too, like Chelsey I had no appetite for dinner last night....ended up having some coffee with heavy cream/splenda. I did not make it down to the school clinic to weigh in this morning, but my home scale weighed me at 202 this morning.

My menu for today:
B- 14 oz. of coffee, .5 heavy cream, 4 slices of bacon
S- 2 eggs scrambled with .5 oz of heavy cream, and .5 oz of cheddar cheese
L-3 oz of Tuna salad, 2 oz of provolone cheese
D-?????

Last edited by Terra2721; 01-09-2013 at 09:41 AM.. Reason: change
Terra2721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:43 AM   #21
Blabbermouth!!!

Terra!!! 202 is great!!!!!!!! Isn't this a new post-holiday-gain low? Your menu looks pretty great.

Linda - Good job on the exercise!! Did you set an exercise goal for this year? Good work moving on from the pizza incident. I'm sure it didn't do any real damage since you moved on immediately. I'm sorry you have to stop at the funeral home tonight.

Thanks everyone for being so awesome and supportive!! You are all right. Sometimes one thing or another pulls us into another direction. I think I'll do a 2-week cycle of JUDDD and not restrict carbs and see how it goes. That should be enough time to adjust and see if my body handles it okay and to see how I feel mentally.
AsmallerME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:10 AM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Thanks ladies, Im excited to be back and get this ball rolling. I know it works and Im ready to get a handle on my big booty! I think im in Ketosis already and the low carb headache is finally gone woot!!
Old 01-09-2013, 12:04 PM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Skinnurse: Awesome getting into ketosis so quickly. Now you can enjoy the whoosh that comes with it! Hopefully you will see great things on the scale!

Terra: Wow! 202! It seems like your weight just keeps dropping! Congratulations on such a great weigh-in. I was just wondering, when you skip dinner like you did the other night, do you wake up starving the next morning? Or maybe even wake up in the middle of the night hungry? I wish I could skip a meal, but I find if I do..........I sometimes cannot get back to sleep in the middle of the night with my stomach growling..........and then THERE I AM............RAIDING THE FRIDGE! Ugh! I was just curious......

Chels: I saw your age, and then I started looking at everyone else's on here! You ladies (on this thread) are all so young! Boy do I feel old! I hope you don't mind an old crow like me hanging out with you all! I remember when I was on this site, (when I was in my 30's)........and I would see someone in their 50's............I would think, "wow, she's old". Now that I'm THERE, I don't feel THAT old!

Well, have a great day everyone!
Linda1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:36 PM   #24
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: pawleys14
Stats: 305/277.8/175
Start Date: restarting August 11, 2013
Hi all - I am 64 (gosh really hated putting that down LOL).... have two maried sons with three wonderful grandchildren - Kyle 7 and Derek 4 from my youngest son Matthew and Abby will be 1 year old on Feb 24th from my oldest son Erik....

going to Michigan (where my sons live) in Feb for Abby's 1st birthday... so I am trying to lose as much weight as I can....... as of yesterday I was down 10 pounds since Dec. 30th.... so I am on a good start...

I do water aerobics everyday...... and so far I have done that..hurray.... but I have to put my Leslie Sonsone walking tape and do that every day.... just have not done that...

today I had:
B - two jalapeno poppers and bacon
L - sloppy joe (fr Linda's recipe) on top of coleslaw
D - wsill have two hot dogs and some veggies

and I drink tons of water... and have not had any diet soda for two weeks...and really do not miss it that much...

to everyone.... and those who have lose weight so far..... great job.... and we all can DO it.....

Proud Grandma to Kyle and Derek - the loves of my life.... granddaughter Abigail (Abby)

May today there be peace within you. May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.
pawleys14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:29 PM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Hey everyone! Zoo was a blast as always, and I have really worn DS out (which was the plan!) It was a little cloudy, but warmed up to about 60 degrees, which was amazing! We spent about 4 1/2 hours walking and playing so I hope I burned some good calories there. Appetite was so-so today, I ate a salad, atkins shake, and some chicken...but dinner doesnt really appeal to me right now. We'll see if I end up eating it?

Linda- sorry about the funeral you have to go to! You are doing great on your workouts! Wish I could get the workout bug...DH might give it to me soon because hes sick of paying for it and me not going! Its very hard though, DH leaves at 9 am (when I am still in bed...lazy!) and doesnt get home until 8pm, and there is no day care at gym, so its a no go unless I get up early, which I cant seem to muster. I will make it there eventually OH and you are NOT OLD! The older I get, the more I realize how young people are
PS...can you give me your LC bbq recipe?

Terra- WOO HOO on the 202! So CLOSE! You are kicking butt and taking names girl!

Amber- You always have my support, we have been doing this song and dance for 2 years! This is OUR year, whatever plan we are on to do it!

Mandy- I hope you see wonderful things on the scale now that you are in ketosis! Keep on going girl, you are doing great!

Diana- your lunch sounds awesome! And WTG on giving up the soda! I have one lone diet coke in my fridge, and I feel like I am hoarding it. Once its gone, Im done, so I keep going down the road when out and about and getting one from the local convenience store...I know this is wrong on so many levels, but I just cannot seem to drink the can in my fridge
Old 01-09-2013, 03:59 PM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

I lied, I just scarfed the heck out of dinner

I was making my boys dinner and it looked so good, I made a concoction myself. Sounds disgusting, but it was GOOD! Taco meat, broccoli, topped with shredded cheese and sour cream. Heck, at least it was good and fatty
Old 01-09-2013, 04:00 PM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Linda and chelsey! I can't wait to see the whoosh....I'm excited to be back and on Track

Sounds like you had a great day today chelsey.
Old 01-09-2013, 05:21 PM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CaughtULokN2
Stats: 225.8/ 225 / 175 or less
WOE: Low carbing it / Atkins
Start Date: 01/19/11 - Restarting 1/20/2014 @ 225
Hey !

I was gone for a few days and ya'll moved on me.

My Bio: (ARgg) I turned 50 last Nov..... have delt with being overweight since 2nd grade.... lost over 100 lbs on atkins 2 times already.... Restarted Jan 2012 and lost 65 lb for my Sept wedding.... some tramatic things happend and I lost more weight, a totle of 85 lbs lost in 2012...... was starting over Jan 7th, but got promoted at work and am now planning on a total restart next Monday... Starting weight is 223.4 lbs and plan on being 180 or less around June 2013.

So I am staying kind of on track with weight, but not with eating things good for me.

2014 GOALS
1st - 215 -
2nd - 200 -

3rd - 195 -
4th - 180 -
Finish Line / Or not - 175
CaughtULokN2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:47 PM   #29
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Jamie2012
Ok, I promised I was going to post more this year and I'm already behind.

My quick bio for those who don't know me:

I'm 33, married to a great guy and have 2 wonderful boys who are 9 and 6. I started struggling with my weight after my kids. It never got real bad and I could always lose it quick...until this time! I was under a lot of stress at work last year and managed to gain about 40lbs.

My DH is doing it with me this time and he is doing great! He's down 12 lbs. I am trying not to weigh myself for awhile because I am getting discouraged. I too am usually a daily weigher and if it doesn't budge I want to quit!

Food today:

B: coffee ( I know I need to eat I just am not hungry)
L: salad with grilled chicken
D: lettuce wrapped cheeseburger and coffee with whip cream on top. It's my treat.

Jamie
Jamie2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:25 AM   #30
Senior LCF Member

Chels: Here is the BBQ sauce I used the other night. I have used many different ones over the years, but this is the one I like best. It's thick, and sweet (like KC Masterpiece), and grills up nicely. (Many of the low-carb sauces are runny and won't cling to the meat). I used one very similar to this years ago when I lost that 70 pounds! This is low carb, and doesn't shoot your blood sugars up like bottled sauces would. YUMMMMMM!

This recipe was posted by "screen name" Bowulf on this site years ago (his name is Kent). Thank you Kent for sharing this recipe with us!!!! If you google the words: "Big Al's BBQ sauce low-carb".........you will see the link on the search page under 'lowcarbfriends'..............and there you will find this recipe along with some nice photos of what the sauce looks like after grilling. Your mouth will water....... You will also see this gentleman's BEFORE and AFTER PICS link that you can click on. He has done well following the Atkin's diet and eating this way! (Was 429 lbs before Atkins.............and 216 lbs. AFTER Atkins)! Quite an inspiration! Here is his recipe/write-up from the lowcarbfriends thread he had posted:

Best Low Carb BBQ Sauce

"I have been mourning the loss of all good low carb BBQ sauces, and the remainder commercial ones haven't met any of my expectations for a rich, thick sauce. I went allrecipes.com and tried a few of them there -- converting them to low carb. Here is the one I discovered to be my personal best:

"Low Carb BBQ Sauce
(derived from Big Al's K.C. Bar-B-Q Sauce Recipe - Allrecipes.com)

Ingredients
* 1 cup Low Carb Ketchup (either Heinz or Linda's "Better Than Heinz" Recipe)
* 1 cup tomato sauce
* 1/2 cup Splenda or liquid equivalent (preferred)
* 1/2 cup vinegar
* 1/4 cup unsulfured molasses
* 2 teaspoons liquid smoke
* 1 tablespoons butter
* 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
* 1/2 teaspoon paprika
* Dash of chili powder
* Dash ground cinnamon
* 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper

Makes ~3 Cups of BBQ (approximately 48 1TBS Servings at 2g net carbs per Tablespoons)

Directions
1. In a large saucepan over medium heat, mix together the ketchup, tomato sauce, brown sugar, wine vinegar, molasses, liquid smoke and butter. Season with garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, paprika, cinnamon, cayenne, salt and pepper.

2. Reduce heat to low, and simmer for up to 20 minutes. For thicker sauce, simmer longer, and for thinner, less time is needed. Sauce can also be thinned using a bit of water if necessary.

Atkins Diet Videos Facebook page "

You could use Isomalt in place of the molasses if you wish, to get that "stickiness". That would drop the carb count by .6 g per serving. Hope you like it. It's quick to throw together. I put it in a bowl in my fridge, and it lasts a long time. You will have it for many meals along the way.

Last edited by Linda1960; 01-10-2013 at 05:34 AM..
Linda1960 is offline   Reply With Quote