Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2013, 04:04 PM   #241
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: chelseybelle27
Stats: 300.3/274.2/healthy :)
WOE: Extended Induction
Start Date: 08-25-14
Just googled it, apparently IF and JUDDD also have been shown to have a good effect on life span? Hey, an added bonus lol
chelseybelle27 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2013, 04:27 AM   #242
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Linda1960
Stats: 246/195/145
WOE: JUDDD/(combined with WW-type foods)
Start Date: Highest wt: 246/ Start JUDDD 8/18/2014 @ 209.8
Thanks everyone for the support..........it means allot!

AsmallerME: I know what you are saying............it is hard to get motivated to work out when you don't have much time to yourself! I have been working crazy hours every day, and I'm exhausted. I ended up NOT working out last night either because I didn't get home till 7pm either, and I started at 5:30am...........so that is a VEEEEEERY LOOOOOONG DAY! I was too pooped to do any cardio or weights. Ugh! I had dinner and went to bed! So don't beat yourself up; you'll start exercising when you're ready! As long as you are staying on plan...........you are not a slacker!

Chels: That is interesting; I never tried that type of eatiing schedule! Of course, I don't know if it would work for me because I am up at 4am.....so I would never make it to 12 noon without any food. But I usually eat late at night, and I AM hungry in the morning. I wish I didn't work such long hours; I would LOVE to try that! Please let us know how that works for you.......it is something I might try if I could bring enough food to cover all three meals at work! I would be willing to try it if you have success with it!

kempmuhlbauer: Your menu looked fantastic! I love ribeye steaks! They are my favorite. Good luck to you and congrats on the motivation for exercise; sounds like you are being very disciplined with it! We could ALL learn from you!

Robofitz: I am so sorry to hear that you were so sick! That's awful; nothing worse than feeling sick to your stomach! My son was vomiting too last weekend; something is going around! I hope you are feeling better real soon, and are back to your old self in no time! Don't push yourself too hard or too soon......give your body time to strengthen before working out!

Pawleys: It looks like you have been very disciplined with your WA. Congrats on keeping up with the exercise! Has the scale moved for you lately? Keep up the good work!

We are going out to dinner tonight with my husband's brother and wife.........but we are going to a local chinese buffet! My favorite! I just hope I can make the right choices and eat a smaller amount; talk about needing DISCIPLINE! Yikes..........I may not be able to stay away from their bbq ribs..........but I know they are probably loaded with sugar! Why is food like an addiction to me? There are certain foods that I am sooooo tempted by!

Here is my menu prior to that chinese buffet:
S (5:30am) - Atkin's Shake
B (8:30am) - Cheesey scrambled eggs, 2 sl. bacon, coffee w/ cream&splenda
L (12noon) - burger or chicken, salad with ranch
S (3:00pm) - piece of swiss cheese (or leftover meat from lunch)
D (6:00pm) - Chinese Buffet (I will TRY to be good)!
Workout: Not sure if I will be able to do a workout tonight. It will be late by the time I get home!

This morning I stepped on the scale 3 times..........here are the weigh-ins I got: 206.4, 206.2, and 206.0............in that order! I was 206.6 yesterday, so I won't claim any of those weigh-ins until it stays there a couple of days. (And I'm sure I will be up tomorrow, just from the MSG/sodium from dinner tonight at the buffet...........but.......it is what it is!)

Have a good day everyone!

1998 - 246 lbs.-Highest weight Pre-Atkins. Lost 70 lbs on Atkins, and kept it off for years. Then gained some back (225) when I stopped doing low-carb. Did WW (225 - 209.8)/Started JUDDD 8/18/14 @ 209.8 lbs!
Old 02-06-2013, 05:35 AM   #243
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 8/18/14
Linda - Yeah, I find it next to impossible to workout on long days. I am up at 5:30 (4 would be extra rough) and not home until 7 on most nights. It's my busy season and it only lasts about 12 weeks, so I can manage. But I'm not sure I can get a solid routine of exercise going during this. WTG on the new low. I know you aren't counting it yet, but those are all lower than your previous WI. How'd you do with the buffet? I think we are all food addicts in one way or another. My husband can literally not eat for days and not even think about food. He just doesn't care about it. He wishes for a food pill so he could just skip the task of eating. I am the opposite entirely. I think about food all day almost. And certain foods, like chinese for me too, are so hard to resist. They definitely call our names.

Chelsey - yeah, fasting and reduced calorie eating in general has been shown to increase lifespans. It's all pretty new research and really interesting. Noon to 7 sounds like a decent eating window. That brocolli sounds awesome!! I usually steam fresh brocolli and then put shredded cheese on top and let it melt in the hot pan. It's a mess to clean up. I love the idea of doing a steamer bag and topping it with butter and cheese and microwaving. YUM!!!

Kemp - I've heard conflicting things about the eating until 7 business. Basically, it appears that our bodies do not care about when we eat. Eating at 8pm is the same as eating at 6pm. I only put a stop window of 7pm on my day to try to stop over consuming calories. The fasting research does seem to show lots of interesting health benefits though. But with fasting, it's not necessarily stopping at a certain time, it's really about the times between eating (ie the fasting). So the longer the fasting window, the more health benefits supposively. Some people impose a 5 hour eating window per day, thus creating a 19 hour fasting period.

Okay, so yesterday I managed to get home at 6:30. I threw the chicken in the oven to bake and scrambled up some eggs for dinner. I ended up eating 5 pieces of bacon, 3 scrambled eggs w/ a sprinkle of feta, and then having a SF jello with a tiny bit of whipped cream on it. I've never eaten SF jello with whipped cream. I've been a LC'er on and off for 10 years and never tried it. It was AMAZING and roughly 30 calories. I think I found a new special treat.

Today will be a SUPER long day at work. Prob won't leave until after 8pm. So I brought tons of options for food. My menu will likely be:
b: coffee shake
s: bacon
l: egg, feta, bacon scramble
s: coffee; string cheese
d: salad (brought a bowl of lettuce, salad dressing, some cheese, sliced baked chicken)

If I'm still hungry, I have SF jello in my work fridge and more bacon.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:45 AM   #244
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kempmuhlbauer
Stats: 274/274/190
WOE: Normal old atkins
Start Date: 10/21/13
Quick check in:

Today will be super busy, lots of running around and errands both work and for home.

I did get up to another scale awesomeness with another pound finding the ground as it fell off my fat behind that is so round!!!LOL Puts me at 262!!!! I love the first 2-3 weeks of this diet it comes off so fast.

Then the dreaded stalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll will come at some point!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So when I start B......tching in a couple of weeks about it remind me that I knew it was coming please. I was going to lower my calorie intake but with Ambers advice I will just keep eating away and working out. I ended up eating a collar steak and a whole smoke turkey leg last night. Kept it to 3.5 carbs yesterday, 1.5 for eggs, 1 for cheese and 1 for random snacks. I snack all day on pork rinds, prosciutto, and cheese cubes. I also was purple this morning, not pink purple! Sorry so talkative this morning, just really happy about it falling off.

Menu today:

B-3 eggs and hot and spicy sausage patty
L- 1-2 smoke turkey legs
d- Kemp Pizza.....ground pork cooked way down, flatten meat in skillet, add cheese, then peperoni and black olives on top, cover until cheese melts, add Parmesan and crushed red pepper to taste.
Snacks: mentioned above.

Well that is the plan for the day, Hope everyone has a good one, looking forward to your post.

"STAY HEALTHY MY FRIENDS"

GOALS:
1. Keep on plan
2. Stay on plan
3. Work out
4. Run a 1/2 marathon on Jan. 19th!!!
kempmuhlbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:52 AM   #245
Major LCF Poster!

Amber: I guess we were writing our post at the same time. By the time I posted your post was up. And yes the SF jello is awesome, 10 little calories. I have to stay away from whipped cream with the jello it is a big trigger for my sweet tooth, thanks for reminding me about it because when I lose 9 more pounds that will be twenty pounds off and time for a treat.
Old 02-06-2013, 06:48 AM   #246
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning everyone!

Amber- I didnt realize it was your busy season again You are doing great on your choices and sound so prepared! Yeah, the gym can wait! I love SF jello with cool whip! I always forget all about the SF jello when I grocery shop because our store puts the jello in the most random place (like in the middle of an aisle in a cooler case next to the pudding). I wish they would just place it next to the yogurt or something so I wouldnt forget it! Take care of yourself when working so hard!

Linda- Ill let you know how the eating window goes! Not sure its helping with weight loss, but it is helping with keeping my hunger under control as well as me setting some limits on myself. Thats most important for me, because like Amber said, I am a food addict in one shape or another! Good luck tonight at the chinese buffet! I LOVE chinese food, and I am way too chicken to try it now because I think I would go insane! You are so disciplined, I have much faith that you will do well! You also take care of yourself when working so hard! I feel like a slacker around you guys

Kemp- Yay on the 12 lbs gone!! Wow, it is just melting off you! Keep it up, yes, a stall may come (its been hounding me for nearly 3 weeks, but I have facilitated it ) but you will bust right through it in no time! For now, enjoy your weight loss and keep it up! Food sounds soooo yummy!

I have another fun day of studying planned....woo hoo

I have been very on plan, I did weigh this morning, but scale is stuck. I wasnt going to until Friday, but I couldnt resist. I just hope to break even by Friday and call this week a wash. It was 269 this morning.

Hope everyone has a great day!!

Goal #1: 265.0 (Back to where I was last year!)
Goal #2: 240.0 (Back to where I was 2 years ago, seeing a trend )
Goal #3: 215.0 (Almost there!)
Goal #4: 195.0 (GOOOOOAAAAL!)
Old 02-06-2013, 07:03 AM   #247
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: red45
Start Date: January 2013
Hi All!
I am a newbie here and so excited to have found this site. I am on day #9 of induction and the first week I dropped 6 pounds.

My question is this. I am so TIRED! I sleep like a rock at night but the next day I am still exhausted. Exercise doesnt seem to be an option because of the fatigue.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!
red45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:47 AM   #248
Major LCF Poster!

Exercise actually helps my fatigue! Are you eating enough? Taking a multivitamin?

LC tends to make me feel more energy, so I am not much help, but someone else might be able to chime in. I would start a vitamin, if you arent already, and give a walk in the evening a try, if you are able! You might be surprised that getting your heart pumping (even though you are tired) might actually make you feel more energy! Best of luck, 6 lbs in 9 days is GREAT!
Old 02-06-2013, 08:07 AM   #249
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Robofitz
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 1/7/13
Happy Wednesday everyone! Sorry for not posting yesterday but I was out of work sick and just not on the computer at all. I am back and feeling a whole lot better today. Just a quick post today because I don’t have a ton of time this morning…

Today’s menu
B – 3 eggs and ham, coffee with cream
L – 5 blue cheese stuffed olives and a hand full of cashews.
D – Greek salad
WORKOUT – 45minutes treadmill workout keeping heart rate between 140-160

Kemp I do feel like I dropped a couple pounds. Upside of not being able to hold any food down!
Old 02-06-2013, 08:37 AM   #250
Junior LCF Member

Thanks, Chelsey!

I am taking a vitamin every day and def eating enough. I will try to kick myself in the butt and walk. Hopefully that helps!

Thanks!
R
Old 02-06-2013, 08:53 AM   #251
Blabbermouth!!!

Red - maybe post a menu? Are you eating enough fat? Usually after the first week, we get lots of energy from eating low carb.

Kemp - WTG on kicking another pound to the curb!! I read your post in a sing-song tone and loved the rhymnes in pounds, round, ground. Made me smile. I'm glad you aren't counting calories yet. You'll have time for that.

Robo - So glad you're feeling better now.

Chels - Keep doing the right things and you'll see a loss soon. You're making your body stronger and healthier every minute. And yeah, I agree with the weird placement of the jello. I stumbled upon it randomly and am glad I bought some.

Eating my eggs now. Soooo good.
AsmallerME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:36 AM   #252
Major LCF Poster!

Amber- i didnt even catch his rhyme! Kemp, youre a poet and didnt even know it! (Im here all night folks

I am working on it Amber, each day gets easier! I am a giant stress case right now, I dont think that helps, but today will be 3 days back at it, and I feel stronger every day. I need to remember those size 18s and forget that darned scale!
Old 02-06-2013, 09:42 AM   #253
Blabbermouth!!!

Yes, Chelsey!! Put those pants on as you study!! You likely gained some from the weekend, so the fact that you're back down to 169 is a great thing!! I predict a new low by Sunday missy. But that means you must stay strict this weekend.

And you crack me up too.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:50 AM   #254
Major LCF Poster!

I know its a typo but oh my goodness, I would love to weigh 169! Heres a dorky little secret...I think I crack myself up more than I crack up others My husband always looks at me like Im a whacko when I bust up over my own jokes. I am such a dork!

I will be staying strict all weekend! I like how clear my head feels with LC and I need a clear mind for Monday! Off I go to put on my jeans lol
Old 02-06-2013, 10:03 AM   #255
Junior LCF Member

AsmallerMe, this is what I typically eat:

B - 2 eggs with cheddar cheese
L - tuna salad with full fat mayo and chopped celery in it
D- either a repeat of lunch or a steak or hamburgers w cheese, or chicken breast etc.

I dont drink coffee, and most days I allow myself one Diet coke Zero.

Any suggestions? Much appreciated!!!

R
Old 02-06-2013, 11:19 AM   #256
Blabbermouth!!!

Chels - What? You can't weigh 169 by Sunday? Come on!! You crack me up too. It's fun to be silly sometimes.

Red - I don't see anything wrong with your menu. I have no idea how much you weigh or anything, but maybe add in some snacks or some veggies for some more carbs. That's a pretty lean, carb light menu. I don't need veggies, but maybe you do to feel more energy? Also, I've read that some people take a few weeks to be keto-adapted. So maybe you are one of those people that just takes longer? Hang in there.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:10 PM   #257
Junior LCF Member

Amber,
I weigh 268 and would love to get to 200. The reason I dont currently eat more vegetables is because I find it slows down my weight loss.

Thanks for your help. It makes a huge difference!!! I will hang in there. Its day 9 and I am NOT giving up!!!!

R
Old 02-06-2013, 12:38 PM   #258
Blabbermouth!!!

Red - based on your weight, I'd say eat more. You'll get more energy from the calories alone. Add in a juicy steak, cream cheese muffins, or more eggs. It will definitely give you an energy boost.

I'm only on day 3 and feeling the induction flu mysery. Ugh.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:55 PM   #259
Junior LCF Member

Amber - Uggg the dreaded induction flu. I am so sorry. That really sucks. I was in complete misery for 2 days then much better. The thing that took me by surprise was the changes I felt EMOTIONALLY. TRAIN WRECK LOL

Think of it this way: It's working. This is the worst of the first couple weeks. Hang in there. Sending good thoughts.

R
Old 02-06-2013, 01:20 PM   #260
Major LCF Poster!

I knew Amber would have the answers

I was thinking more food too, and water. I dont know how much water you drink, but it always helps me feel more clear headed.

We weigh right about the same and I think your menu does sound a little light on fat and calories. I would try upping those both and see how you feel. Good Luck!
Old 02-06-2013, 01:28 PM   #261
Junior LCF Member

Thanks Chelsey!

I drink 3-4 liters of water a day so no problem there. I just feel guilty for not exercising kwim? Its insane because I know I put too much pressure on myself yet I cant stop!

Middle aged neurosis I guess.

R
Old 02-06-2013, 01:55 PM   #262
Major LCF Poster!

Oh believe me, you are talking to a neurotic one too I put way too much pressure on myself too, in pretty much every aspect of life, I need to stop it!

Good job on all the water! Dont feel guilty on the exercise, you will pick it up when you are able to! It not necessary for weight loss for sure, I just do it because it makes me feel better.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:58 PM   #263
Junior LCF Member

Chels

You are just what I needed today! Cant say thank you enough. So thankful I found this site!

R
Old 02-06-2013, 05:32 PM   #264
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Terra2721
Stats: 232/164/150
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: restart 9/17/2012
Hi all wanted to pop in and say hi. I need to catch up with the thread but things have been busy with work. I hope all is well and losing lost of ####.
Terra2721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:03 AM   #265
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all!

Red:Welcome, looks like you are already getting some great advice here. I read through the post and all of that is good stuff. In my humble opinion your next logical step is some exercise. I know I use to hate that word. But it is like the magic pill for this plan. I was so out of shape at this restart that it took a while to get back in the swing of things. I usually start easily, very easily, by just parking at the back of the lot for any store I go to and walking in. Pushing in a basket at the grocery store from the parking lot. Then before you know it your are just wanting to keep moving. You know that cheesy commercial... A body in motion stays in motion. Well glad you are here and good luck, there are no stupid questions so ask away.

Well I stayed the same on the scale today. Had to happen but no worries today is a work out day. I ate like a pig again yesterday but have just been super hungry. Well today is another day in the LC jungle. Looking forward to my workout and eating great food all day. Sorry so short today but I have to get going if I am to get it all done. Will check in later.

Last edited by kempmuhlbauer; 02-07-2013 at 05:20 AM..
Old 02-07-2013, 05:46 AM   #266
Major LCF Poster!

Red- glad to help!

Kemp- You make good points! Exercise doesnt have to come in gym form, getting your body moving is a great start! Hope your day isnt too busy Kemp!

So Amber (and everyone else!) NEW LOW ALERT 267.2 this morning. YAY! I knew it would happen, but after nearly 3 weeks with nothing, I was losing hope Of course, I didnt help any matters with cheating, but I now have officially lost 16 lbs!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-07-2013, 07:53 AM   #267
Senior LCF Member

Hello everyone!!

Looks like everyone is doing great!!

Kemp – Sure that scale will start moving soon and it also sounds like you have the right mind set! Keep up the great work and attitude.

Chelsey – WAY TO GO That is great news and even after a cheat. I hate to say it because I don’t think cheating is great, but maybe it kicked something into gear!

Amber – How is LC going for you? I know you just made the switch back to LC last week? Sounds like you are doing great! How are you feeling?

Well folks, I didn’t get to workout yesterday, as a matter of fact I haven’t worked out since last Friday. I figured I would just give myself a break until I was ready which will be today because I am pumped to sweat today. I just don’t want working out to become a chore so I figured I would just allow myself to take a few days off. I have been eating on plan though and feeling great! I measured last night and I am another ˝ inch down in my waist, almost a whole inch down in each thigh and still very little change in my arms but that is ok. I figure my arms will be the last to shrink since they always are. Hoping to be in size 12's by the end May!!

Today menu
B – 3eggs, bacon and cheddar cheese, coffee w/cream
L – 3 eggs with ham
D – Chicken break with salad
S – blue cheese stuffed olives (if I need)
Tons of water today, I woke up super thirsty so gonna get that water down.
WORKOUT = 45minute cardio
Robofitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:36 AM   #268
Blabbermouth!!!

Robo - 1/2 an inch off the waist is AMAZING!!! Your menu looks great. Don't worry about the exercise. Sometimes we need a mental break from all the work. Thanks for asking how I feel. I actually think I've turned the induction flu corner. I have a slightly clearer head today and some energy. I feel slightly less bloated too.

Kemp - Hope your day eases up.

Chelsey - I'm SOOOOOOOO excited for you for seeing a new low!!! I don't think the cheat helped. I'm in more of the school of thought that your body just needed to be ready to lose it camp. And hello??!! 16 pounds!!??!! Your goal is only 8 pounds per month, so you're done losing for Jan and Feb. Of course, if you lose even one or two more pounds this month, you'll be ahead of the curve!! KUTGW!! I'm VERY proud of you.

Terra - I thought you were cursing when I saw the ####s. haha

Red - Thanks. I hate the induction flu too. It's such a mental battle to push through.

Yesterday I ended up eating great. Today's menu will largely be the same.
B: coffee shake
L: salad w/ baked chicken, feta, and ceasar dressing
S: cheese stick; coffee w/ cream; almonds (maybe)
D: eggs and bacon - really craving bacon
S: SF jello
Old 02-07-2013, 11:22 AM   #269
Senior LCF Member

Amber good to hear you are getting through "induction flu". The less bloated feeling is alway's a plus too. What is a coffee shake or how do you make it? Sounds delish...I LOVE coffee!!
Robofitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:04 PM   #270
Blabbermouth!!!

Robo - I make a cup of coffee, let it cool, pour it in a big 24 oz tervis tumbler with ice, add an atkins shake (chocolate or mocha latte), and add a dash of cream. I put on a top and take it to work before I start to drink it. I then sip it over 1-2 hours. One day I plan to put it in a blender and make it into a frappicino type drink, but I haven't tried that yet.