Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2013, 04:30 PM   #211
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: chelseybelle27
Stats: 300.3/283.0/healthy :)
WOE: Extended Induction
Start Date: 08-25-14
Okay, NOW my picture starts to figure itself out

thanks Diana, I was shocked and oh so happy!

Great job on the WA today!!

Oh, and I wanted to clarify Amber, I love that you are coming back to LC, but Im so sorry JUDDD didnt work out for you I remember reading (maybe on your journal) that it sparked cravings. WW did that for me too! I think I also need the restrictiveness of LC. Lets reach onederland together this year....deal?
chelseybelle27 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2013, 07:04 PM   #212
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: katsue82
Stats: 182/155/135
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2013
Hello all! It's been a few days and I missed you guys!! Seems like a lot has gone on!!

Chels: CONGRATS on the jeans!!! That is so amazing and I am SO SO SO happy for you!! I had two comments today from people this week on my weight loss. I feel like it hasn't been a lot on the scale, but if it's showing then it makes it all so worth it!!!

Jenn: I hope you're feeling better! I feel your pain...I've done something to my knee and i think it's the way I run (or try to run)...it's so frustrating because I want to keep working out as much as possible with no setbacks!!

Kemp: Welcome back!! Seems like most know you already, but just wanted to say hi!

Amber: Welcome back to LC world!!

Well tomorrow completes Week 3 officially! I'm getting pretty comfortable with Level 2 of Jillian's 30 Day Shred and getting through Week 3 of C25K. Had some yummy fish fried in pork rinds tonight with some homemade tartar sauce and steamed broccoli. Sounds gross but really killed my craving for fried food!

I'll let you all know how the weigh in goes tomorrow!
katsue82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:35 PM   #213
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kempmuhlbauer
Stats: 274/274/190
WOE: Normal old atkins
Start Date: 10/21/13
Just checking in, caught up on the post from everyone and this is a great place for support.

Amber: welcome back to the fold of LC, one thing is for sure we know this WOE inside and out.

Chelsey: way to go on the jeans, man that has to feel awesome!!!

Robo: Glad to hear you are doing so well on the plan

Katsue: thanks for the welcome and look forward to your progress

Terra: I cannot stand stalls. I also stall at certain weights and it just kills me. It makes me just work out more so I guess that is good.

Linda: Your workouts on 6 of 7 days in impressive way to go and keep it up. I enjoy working out also.

Well today was day 4. I made my work out today, did the stair stepper for 38 minutes at level 3. It is amazing how much stamina you lose when you do not work out for months. LOL I use to do 1.5 hours at level 8, 5 days a week, which was basically like running 7 miles each time, oh well it gives me something to shoot for as I re-progress towards being in good shape.

As far as food goes I am scared to think of the calories I ate today but only had 3 carbs all day from 2 eggs and a cup of spinach sauteed in butter with garlic. but eating all the bacon, pork chops, and grilled chicken was tasty. I sometimes forget how well you can eat on this WOE. Every one stay healthy and focused.

Hope the weight in goes well in the morning, and thanks again for making me feel welcome here.

"STAY HEALTHY MY FRIENDS"

GOALS:
1. Keep on plan
2. Stay on plan
3. Work out
4. Run a 1/2 marathon on Jan. 19th!!!

Last edited by kempmuhlbauer; 01-31-2013 at 07:38 PM..
kempmuhlbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:29 AM   #214
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: pawleys14
Stats: 305/277.8/175
Start Date: restarting August 11, 2013
Kemp - sounds like you are getting into the swing of things..... great news on your exercise... keep it up...

Katsue - hope your weigh in goes well...

went and did my WA for one hour early this morning.... felt good....

am getting discouraged with only losing 13 pounds last month.... I have sooo much to lose and have been working out so hard.... and yes, I know I did not put on all this weight in one day...when I weigh (& I weigh every day... I know I just can not stop myself ) I would be down one pound -next day up two pounds - then down 2 pounds etc.....

so yesterday started my version of Fat Fast....five mini meals and today I was down 2 pounds

had yesterday: five mini meals
10 macadamia nuts
2 celery stalks with cream cheese
3 slices bacon and 1 deviled egg
2 celery stalks with cream cheese & Peanut Butter
2 celery stalks with cream cheese and peanut butter

and my blood sugar number was ok... I am keeping a close watch on that...

glad I could have peanut butter (I adore peanut butter - that is why I will NOT have it in my home ) and have not had some since Sept.

I feel good... and was not really hungry yesterday... until night-time (my bad time) and I started craving pizza and a potpie but I worked through it

so will do this again today... tomorrow will not because that is the day I go out to dinner with my sister and nephew... but will start it back on Sun... the best thing is..... I do not have to cook.... hurray.......

only have 18 days until I leave for Michigan... so trying harde..... sorry wrote soooo much... everyone have a great day....

Proud Grandma to Kyle and Derek - the loves of my life.... granddaughter Abigail (Abby)

May today there be peace within you. May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

Last edited by pawleys14; 02-01-2013 at 07:31 AM..
pawleys14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:39 AM   #215
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: katsue82
Stats: 182/155/135
Start Date: January 2013
Hi All! I was down just shy of two pounds today...which I will take considering I cheated a bit . Down about 10.5 for the 3 weeks.

Diana: 13lbs in a month is still a wonderful accomplishment!! Night time is my terrible time as well. I have to force myself to eat breakfast and sometimes lunch...but in the evenings I want to snack like crazy!

4 weeks from today I leave for South Beach and then the Kid Rock Cruise to the Bahamas...so it's crunch time!!! My goal is 155 by then.
katsue82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:05 AM   #216
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Robofitz
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 1/7/13
Chelsey – Sorry about your brother…all you can do is try to help but if he doesn’t want to help himself then there isn’t much you can do. Joe Cross did a great documentary about the benefits of juicing called “Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead”. This Documentary changed my life. Maybe you can recommend him to watch that or maybe watch it together. It sends a very powerful message about healing our bodies with food. Even my BF who is a big guy, does construction, eats a ton of bad food and set in his way changed his eating habits after I made him watch it! Sometimes big kids just need a kick in the rear. You and your son are adorable and you are radiating! Your face most definitely looks slimmer, it’s always so rewarding when you can see changes in pictures. So hard to tell when we look in the mirror everyday to see changes so you must be so excited.

Amber – Thanks! I hope you enjoy the documentary if you get around to watching it. I’m very sorry to hear that JUDD didn’t work for you but what’s important is that you gave it your best. LC awaits you with open arms and we are all here to support you. Good luck staying on plan your 1st few days…we are all here rooting you on!

Katsue – Sorry to hear about your knee. It truly is a drag when you are motivated to keep up with your workouts and then you hurt yourself. My shoulder is feeling a lot better and I hope your knee starts to feel better too. Just a tip that might help because when I started running I had knee problems too, at night I take either coconut oil or some sort of oil and I rub my thighs, knee’s and legs out to break up and redistribute all the lactic acid in my muscles. I try to message as hard as I can take it, it sometimes hurts but it also feels really good. This was just one of the little things I did to help repair my knee. Hope it helps and also congrats on 3 weeks and your workouts. So nice that people are starting to notice your hard work. Also your pork rind fried fish sounds delish…I’m gonna have to give that a try!! Congrats on your 2lbs shy lose, that is super!!

Kemp – Great job at the gym and I know how you feel when you get back into working out. Hang in there; you will be back to your 1.5 hours before you know it. Also spinach with sautéed garlic and butter sound glorious.

Pawley – Very sad to hear you are discouraged, it might be moving slowly on the scale because you have been working out so much but you are probably losing inches. Hang in there, bet you will get a woosh soon and it sounds like your fat fast helped you. Have fun tonight at dinner with your sis and nephew, yay to not having to cook. P.S now I am craving potpie!

YAY!! ITS FRIDAY…so excited for this weekend and this one will definitely be a challenge staying on plan but not to worry…I’m pumped to stay focused with no cheats. Tonight BF is taking me to dinner, tomorrow night a big group of couples are going to a dinner then shooting pool and playing shuffle board afterwards. Sunday is a full day of football, friends and BBQing. I have already planned out my “staying on plan” strategy and now its just time to execute it!!

Today menu
B – 3 eggs and ham…coffee with HWC
L – Salad (lettuce, cilantro, cucumber, red onion with homemade avocado dressing)
S – ½ cucumber with a little hummus
D – going to dinner but I already know what I am going to order…Salmon with grilled asparagus w/tons of water and most likely 1-2 cocktails (vodka w/soda water and a lemon)
WORKOUT = 45minute cardio...treadmill climb and eliptical keeping heart rate at 150-160 today.

Wishing y’all a dynamite Friday and weekend!!!
Old 02-01-2013, 10:19 AM   #217
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
Start Date: 8/18/14
Pawley - You are on track to lose more than 100 pounds this year!! 100 pounds!!! You only need to lose less than 2 per week to do that. Those first 13 put you 13% of the way towards that goal already. I think that's both impressive and amazing. Please try to celebrate your first great month back on track!! You did great!!!!!!

Robo - Wow, your weekend sounds fun. It sounds like you're already planning to make great choices, so WTG!! Do you add meat to your lunch salads?

Katsue - WTG on almost 2 pounds. You're doing great!!! 10.5 in 3 weeks is GREAT!!! I'm jealous of your trip in 4 weeks. SB and a cruise!? Awesome. Stuff like that always motivates me. I got the 30DS DVD and haven't tried it.

Kemp - How'd you do on the scale? Your first three goals in your siggy may all need to be updated by Monday!

Chelsey - I know what you mean!! Thanks for always being a supportive ear.

Tomorrow I'm taking DS to the zoo with my aunt. It's a bit of a drive, so it will be an all day event, but I'm super excited about it.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:36 AM   #218
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsmallerME View Post
Robo - Wow, your weekend sounds fun. It sounds like you're already planning to make great choices, so WTG!! Do you add meat to your lunch salads?
I normally do but not today, I had a ton of ham with my eggs this morning and am going to have a pretty big protein dinner so just wanted a light lunch today

Have a great time at the zoo!!
Robofitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:08 AM   #219
Major LCF Poster!

Well the first goal was accomplished I was down 7 pounds to 26!!!!!!(sure it was all water weight) But I will take it. Motivated me to do and extra 15 on the stair stepper this morning for a 47 minute work out. It felt real good today. Had a good sweat that is for sure. Will add in weights next week.

Hope everyone has a great weekend and go, awe who cares I am a Cowboy fan!!!

Last edited by kempmuhlbauer; 02-01-2013 at 12:05 PM..
Old 02-02-2013, 05:42 AM   #220
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Terra2721
Stats: 232/164/150
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: restart 9/17/2012
Just popping in to wish everyone a great weekend and resilience staying on plan and away from all the super bowl cheats. I am headed to a party and taking italian sausage/peppers/onions....along with hard italian rolls for others to make sandwiches with. My dish will be enough to keep me on plan may also have some chicken wings. I stepped on the scale (at home) for he first time since Tuesday and saw 192.5! Hoping my stall was hormone related and that I see an even lower number Monday when I weigh in at school.
Terra2721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:54 AM   #221
Major LCF Poster!

Well I figure I have seen enough super bowls drunk to say this one will be seen with no drinks at all. I am so focused on accomplishing this mission that I am just going to stay home and watch it there. I am of course saying that now, when people call me tomorrow and ask were I am, and why I am not at the party it may be a different story. But as of now I am focused. Going to enjoy the final 2 days of unfettered low carb eating. Planning a large steak tonight, and all I can eat sauteed shrimp in garlic and butter with a lobster for tomorrow night.

After the weekend I will move on to the watch everything WOE and exercise, Never break 5 carbs a day, stay around 1400-1600 calories a day and burn that many calories a day in the gym. Will have to do a 2 a day at the gym for a few days until I build back up to 1-2 hours on the stair stepper. If I do 1.5 hours on the stair stepper then 30 minutes of weights, that is usually a 1400 calorie burn. Which results in a 3/4-1.5 pounds a day. As Chris Powell from extreme makeover says, it is physically impossible not to lose weight with a negative calorie count each day. (of course that is a total lie because I have had a 2 week stall eating this way and not lost a pound)

Anyway I just wanted to put my plan out there so I could hold myself accountable. Now if I can just make it through the weekend without breaking it will be awesome.

Thanks for all the support here it is great!!!

"STAY HEALTHY MY FRIENDS"

Last edited by kempmuhlbauer; 02-02-2013 at 06:56 AM..
Old 02-02-2013, 11:32 AM   #222
Major LCF Poster!

You guys have been busy!

Diana- 13 lbs is awesome! I know how it is though, I dont know if any amount of weight lost per month will ever be enough, especially when we are working out so much! I think our bodies have to get used to the exercise and we shall see a loss. Hopefully!

Kemp- GREAT job at the gym! I always envied how much you could do! I can spend an hour on the elliptical, but no more than 10 minutes on the freaking stairclimber! You are a beast

Jenn- Have a great weekend!!

Kat- Your cruise sounds amazing! Great job on the 10.5 for 3 weeks! I definitely see 155 in your future

Amber- Hope you are having fun at the zoo!!! I know your DS is going crazy about it! Tell us all about it when you get back!

Terra- 192.5!?!?! WOW! YAY! The sausage/onion/peppers sound so yummy!

Snowed here last night and some more on the way today. DS got a new sled because it was on clearance at Target, maybe we summoned the snow gods with our purchase! We have a hilly backyard which is good for nothing except sledding lol, so we have done that this morning! My butt hurts, sledding is good for the body! Lots of running up the hill!

Hope you alll are having a great day!

Goal #1: 265.0 (Back to where I was last year!)
Goal #2: 240.0 (Back to where I was 2 years ago, seeing a trend )
Goal #3: 215.0 (Almost there!)
Goal #4: 195.0 (GOOOOOAAAAL!)
Old 02-03-2013, 05:29 AM   #223
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jeannecgo
Stats: 281/259/245/236/233/226/218/213/210180
Start Date: Feb 2012
Hi gang, thanks for asking about me, I really appreciate that!!

This is a quick one to let you know that I am still mostly on-plan. My best friend had bleeding on the brain and I spen 3 nights in the hospital with her.....eating out of vending machines. The food choices werent great but I didn't pig out.

I did my monthly weigh-in yesterday......199.2!!! I finally made onederland! So, it's going slow but it seems sustainable. I gotta say I envy all you guys who are moving so much more quickly but hey, this ole gal will take what I can!

I will check in later before the Super Bowl party. Have a great Sunday!
Jeannecgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:02 AM   #224
Major LCF Poster!

WOW! I am SOO Proud of you JEANNE! Great job on Onederland!!

Sorry to hear about your friend, hope she starts to feel better soon and the bleeding has subsided. You sound like such a great friend to spend the time with her. I am sure she appreciated it dearly!

Have a great Superbowl party! Ours will consist of PJs on the couch. Well, I will also have a computer open while studying, not sure I will do much game watching It will be a full couple of hours though where my boys will be occupied as my DS likes to watch the games too...hes all BOY!

Hope everyone makes wise choices today! I am thinking of laying off on the intense exercises for a few days and see where it takes me. My weight has been fluctuating and I dont like it, I cant seem to lose! I will be making some dietary changes as well, and I will let you know how it goes. I am definitely happy with my 15 lbs so far, but I have barely lost in 2 weeks (maybe a pound?) so I am looking for some weight loss again. It could also be due to the stress of my test coming up? Ill figure it out!

Have a great day everyone!!

B- none, I am IFing
L- rotisserie chicken
D- salmon filets with butter to dip, broccoli

I am sure there will be more, and I will also add some fat in there somewhere!
Old 02-03-2013, 06:03 PM   #225
Blabbermouth!!!

Terra - great that you are taking your own snacks to the SB party... right on

Amber - thank you for all your support..... and hope that your visit to the zoo with your DS was great...

Kemp - wow great news... down 7 pounds... keep up the good work..

Chelsey - Ds with new sled... that sounds like alot of fun.... boy, I also hate it ... when you work so hard... and the weight just stalls...... I also am trying to work through this..... guess, we just have to keep trying....

Jeanne - so sorry about your friend... and great news that you have reached onderland... gosh.. I do hope one day I reach that.... it seems like it will be forever.. but I will keep trying

went and did 50 min WA with my sister.... when I go with her we do not stay as long as I normally do.... but any workouts help...

had today
B - not hungry
L - 1/2 rack of ribs left from the night before.... with a dry rub no BBQ on it
1 cup of mixed veggies
D - hamburger patty with mayo, mustard, 1/2 T catsup and bacon on top
1 cup of broccoli
Old 02-04-2013, 07:14 AM   #226
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey everyone. Happy Monday.

It's my day #1 AGAIN. I'm ready to rock this. I guess I just needed a little break and now I'm back.

I made a big batch of scrambled eggs with some butter, cream, feta, and crumbled bacon. I portioned out 3 portions and brought all of them to work in the event I find myself starving. I'm going to make some chicken tonight to much on for a few days.

B: atkins shake w/ cream and coffee
S: bowl of eggs/feta/bacon
L: turkey and string cheese
S: if needed, more eggs or SF jello
D: salad w/ chicken
AsmallerME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:33 AM   #227
Major LCF Poster!

Hey everyone! Yesterday was a no-good, terrible day. No, nothing bad happened in my life, but I was a carb monster. I dont know if it was not losing any weight for almost a week, me being a stressed out mess, or some other excuse I could come up with, but Im done with it. I had NO energy, I felt sick to my stomach all day, and I couldnt sleep. Enough of a reason to know what I did was not good for me. I am planning VLC (less than 10) for the next week, I need to have a clear mind for my test next week! I failed this weekend, but I am focused, I wont let one day define me

I am also going to get serious about my IFing. Window from 12pm to 7pm...I think its a good start and allows me enough time after dinner to work on cravings that strike and beat them, but also not too much time where I am hungry again before bed!

One more thing, I think I am going to stick to 6 -30 minute workouts, not as intense but keeping my HR up around 150. I think I work out too hard, and its why I dont see results. I know working out hard is great, but maybe once I lose more weight I can pick it up again. I just want to bust out of the stall. Any suggestions? (I know, I know, I need to not CHEAT!)

Amber- Happy to have you back! Your menu sounds great! I LOVE FETA!

Diana- Sledding was fun! DH wanted us to go to the hill where he used to sled, but then said "Youll just have to make sure he doesnt end up in the creek" HAHAHA no thanks babe! I bet working out with your sister is fun! I need to get my sister over to my neck of the woods, shes a great inspiration...lost about 40 lbs so far and a beast in the gym! I need her to motivate me!

Hope everyone has a great day!

B- bacon?
L- rotisserie chicken, I might make some hamburgers for dinner, so I might eat one of those since I dont have much chicken left
D- hamburger, mustard, dill pickle, maybe some mayo, 1 cup broccoli
S- not sure, I will just see when I get hungry (working on that, recognizing cues)

Last edited by chelseybelle27; 02-04-2013 at 07:35 AM..
Old 02-04-2013, 08:39 AM   #228
Senior LCF Member

Chelsey - Sorry you had a rough day yesterday but you have the right attitude. Its better to just get back at it then beat yourself up!! Hang in there
Old 02-04-2013, 08:51 AM   #229
Senior LCF Member

Happy Monday everyone…this weekend was both great and horrible if that is even possible. Friday night went out to dinner with DBF and I stayed on track. Then I woke up Saturday morning horribly ill. I couldn’t hold anything down and was getting sick literally every ½ hour and wasn’t even able to hold down water. It was definitely food poisoning since I was so violently ill. By the time I got everything out of my system it was close to 3pm. I finally felt like I could eat something but the only thing I could stomach was a tortilla and a piece of toast. I know not the best choice but I couldn’t stomach anything else. Other than that I stayed on plan and was able to enjoy the rest of my weekend. Although I didn’t have time to take measurements.

Today is a super busy day so not a lot of time for sit down meals and also still not feeling 100%, most likely will eat very little.

B – 3 eggs with ham
L – Some nuts
D – Double bacon cheese burger wrapped in lettuce
Workout – just a light cardio workout, not gonna push myself too hard today.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:34 AM   #230
Blabbermouth!!!

Chelsey - Okay, not like I can talk being only 1/2 way through day 1, but yes, don't cheat!! You're already down like 14 pounds. That's seriously 2 months worth of weight loss. Who cares that you stalled. Remember that's normal! I gained 2 or 3 in week 3 last year and still lost 60 pounds. The biggest thing is to keep doing what works and don't self-sabatoge. Onward and downward!! Put those size 18 jeans on again today and make your favorite LC meal.

Robo - I'm sorry you got sick this weekend. Sometimes our bodies need a piece of toast in times like that. Don't worry about it. Today's menu looks great.

So the headache has already started. Either it's just a random flukey headache, or I was super sugared up and my body is already mad at me.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:14 PM   #231
Major LCF Poster!

HAPPY MONDAY ALL!!!

Well I accomplished all my goals. Made it through the weekend without cheating, no food or beer. I was rewarded this morning with another 3 pounds gone to bring my total to 10 so far this restart. I worked out as planned and stayed VLC averaging about 5 a day. This week will be more working out and increasing intensity and length of workouts.

Amber: So happy to have one of my LC partners back in the game. Glad to here you prepped and are focused. You are only a few days away from feeling great and energized!!! Sorry about the headache.

Chelsey:Sorry to hear you are so stressed but please do what Amber said. Just do not cheat. And if you do cheat get right back on plan. I have had many stalls when doing this program, last year I had a 18 day stall and still lost 65 pounds in 85 days even with that stall. I was mad as heck about it and vented here on LCF but glad I did not break because once I started losing weight again it made up for it quickly. In my opinion I think working out is key to this program working quickly and for daily losses like we expect. Do what you got to do but please keep working out at the same paces, or harder paces, that is what broke me through stalls. I also added in more food on the plan because I was not eating enough, believe it or not and that helped also. I know the weight will start falling of again soon.

Robo: sorry you got sick, man that sucks, at least you lost a lot of weight!!!! LOL (to soon?) Get to feeling better quickly

Today starts the calorie counting, had three eggs and a piece of bacon for breakfast and then had boiled seafood for lunch, I had a pot of crawfish, jumbo shrimp and clams, it was awesome and very few calories over all. Tonight a bone in rib-eye grilled over charcoal grill with sauteed baby spinach in very light dab of margarine and garlic powder. I will also be cooking some extra meat for the week. If I make it through next weekend I will treat myself to a Atkins bar of some kind.

Everyone have a Awesome weight loss week.

Last edited by kempmuhlbauer; 02-04-2013 at 02:17 PM..
Old 02-04-2013, 03:14 PM   #232
Blabbermouth!!!

Chelsey - sorry that the day was NOT a good one.... I think we all have those awful days.... just have to keep going........ glad that your sledding went so well.......

Robo - so sorry that you were so ill hope you are feeling better now....

Amber - hope that your headache goes away soon......

Kemp - wow your menu sounds

went early today and did my one hour WA.... the water was great... just hated to get out in this cold weather we are having right now... it was 29 when I got in my car at 6:45am... brrrrrrrrrr

today's menu:

B- deviled egg
L. a small individual meatloaf that I made wrapped in bacon
and 1 cup of fresh green beans steamed
D - will make another small meatloaf wrapped in bacon and again 1 cup of green beans and will add some slices of cucumbers......
Old 02-04-2013, 06:56 PM   #233
Major LCF Poster!

Jenn- sorry you werent feeling well this weekend! I hope you are feeling better! I agree with Amber, sometimes your body just needs the toast and tortilla.

Amber- I know it, I dont know why I did it. I was 100% on plan today, didnt work out, but thats because I couldnt pull myself out of bed this morning due to my carb stupor slumber. We can do this, I will hang in there, and we will both reach onederland!

Kemp- thanks for your encouragement, not sure what I plan to do on the workouts yet. I am thinking of shaving cardio down to 30 minutes and adding 15 minutes of weights every other day? not sure yet, but I do know that if I build the muscles, my body can burn more efficiently. I definitely need to work my abs and arms! Great job on reaching all your goals this week!

Diana- Your meatloaf sounds great! I might make that tomorrow! Great job on WA again, you do great at it!

So like I said, 100% on plan today. Did eat after 7pm which wasnt expected, but by the time I got done studying and making dinner, it was 6:57 by the time I sat down to eat. I didnt eat until nearly 1pm so I guess thats okay anyway I got in over 120 oz of plain water and over 40 oz of crystal light, so I think I am good with the water too! One day at a time

Finishing up BL, talk tomorrow!
Old 02-05-2013, 05:58 AM   #234
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning ALL.

Chelsey: glad to see you are back on plan. I know it, I believe it, and know it works for faster weight loss but I just can't seem to force my self onto a regular "lifting weights program". As you know I love my cardio and do it pretty hardcore while doing this WOE. I just can't seem to consistently add weights to the rotation.

Pawley: looks like you are doing great with the working out and it is showing on the scale. I wish it was 29 degrees here, yesterday it was 76 in Houston, muggy and sticky!!! If it was 29 here I probably would be wishing it was 76, go figure. What is your meatloaf consist of??? I do not know what is in your meatloaf but that sounds like a very low calorie and a low carb day.

Robo: How you feeling today?

Yesterday I ate like a pig, do not know why but was just really hungry. I stayed all on plan and only had 4 carbs all day, but man it was like 2300 calories. Oh well I still lost another pound as of this morning so that is all good. I did not work out yesterday so today will be a hard workout for sure no mater what time it happens. Last night I fired up the charcoal grill and made a tasty bone in rib eye steak and also cooked some turkey legs and collar steaks for rest of week. Busy day today.

Today's menu will be:
B-3 eggs and short beef rib
L- Beef collar steak
D-Grilled Turkey legs and sauteed spinach in butter or margarine.
Snacks: pork rinds and more porkrinds.

Last edited by kempmuhlbauer; 02-05-2013 at 06:06 AM..
Old 02-05-2013, 06:08 AM   #235
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Linda1960
Stats: 246/197.0/145
WOE: JUDDD/(combined with WW-type foods)
Start Date: Highest wt: 246/ Start JUDDD 8/19/2014 @ 209.8
Hi Everyone!

Finally got a minute to myself...........so I thought I would hop in for a quick post! Work is still horrible, so long days equal NO TIME FOR ME! Ugh! I quickly read through all of your posts, and it sounds like everyone is working hard and doing really well! Congrats to all of you; I hope you all have continued success this week with your efforts! You are ALL an inspiration to me!

Good news, is that something is finally working for me! YAY! I had been stuck and fluctuating between 210-211 lbs. for so long! A week ago, I decided to change my routine, and instead of eating 3 larger meals a day, I am eating 5-6 smaller meals a day. [I am still basically eating the same AMOUNT of food in a day..........but I am spreading it out into smaller meals!] And instead of working out really hard and long (45 min - 1 hr) 3-4 times a week, I started only doing 30 min. of high-intensity interval training (so I still work out hard but for a shorter time) 5-6 times a week! Last week I was down to 208 lbs...........and for the last few mornings I have maintained an all-time low for me as of late..........I weighed in at 206.6 lbs! So I am claiming it! Hallelujah! It is taking me forever, but at least something is finally happening! Here is what I am doing and eating, in case it helps anyone else out there:

Yesterday's menu:
B: Atkins Shake, several coffees with cream and sweetener
L: 3/4 C. Low-Carb Chili with Cheddar Cheese, Soup
S: Italian Sausage Pizza Patty, 1/2 serving of hash brown cauliflower bake
D: Italian Sausage Pizza Patty, other 1/2 serving of cauliflower bake, small salad with ranch and oil
S: 1 oz. of Swiss Cheese, decaf coffee
Workout: 30 min HIIT Treadmill Incline Program, L12-3.8 speed plus 5 min cool-down

Today's menu:
B- (5am): Atkins Shake
Mid-Morning (8:30am): Cheesy scrambled eggs, 2 sl. bacon
L - Chicken or Burger (not sure), small salad
S - swiss cheese (if needed)
D - Atkins crustless chicken pot pie, small salad
S - decaf coffee, hb egg or cheese (if needed)
Workout: Plan to do 30 min. HIIT Treadmill Incline Program, L12-3.8-4.0 speed plus 5 min. cool-down

Hubby is having surgery on Thursday for a torn miniscus in his knee........hopefully everything will go fine, and I won't be thrown off of my routine too badly. But I know I will be his chaufeur for a while during his recuperation and physical therapy appointments. I'll be busy between THAT and my work hours!

Hope everyone has a great week! Good luck, and keep working hard! We can do this!!!!!

1998 - 246 lbs.-Highest weight Pre-Atkins. Lost 70 lbs on Atkins, and kept it off for years. Then gained some back (225) when I stopped doing low-carb. Did WW (225 - 209.8)/Started JUDDD 8/18/14 @ 209.8 lbs!
Old 02-05-2013, 07:19 AM   #236
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning everyone! I made it to the gym today, did 30 minutes of cardio for a burn of 421 cals and did 15 minutes of weights, about 4 exercises (3 reps) on arms and 1 for abs. Gotta get the "momma pouch" under control! Those who have had babies, know exactly what I am talking about!

I feel good about it, havent stepped on the scale since my debacle on Sunday, but I plan to weigh Friday. I am always in a much better space mentally when I work out, which is why I need to continue on...I practically pulled myself there this morning, but I made it in and it made me feel better

Kemp- my goodness your menu looks so yummy! I always forget about myself when grocery shopping, because I have my husband and son to cook for as well, but I really need to start treating myself to some steak and other yummy stuff! Grilled chicken and cheeseburgers sure do get boring I will be picking up some when I do my grocery run on Friday!

Linda- I am so happy you have broken through your stall! Sometimes you really do just have to switch things up! GREAT JOB! I hope your DH's surgery goes well! Best of luck to both of you!
Old 02-05-2013, 08:06 AM   #237
Blabbermouth!!!

Chelsey - Great job getting back on track and working out!! You are doing awesome. I'm a big believer that cardio AND weights are important, but yet, I'm not exercising so you can ignore me if you wish. I know they cause me to stall for a week or two, but it's just water weight. So keep at it. And yes, buy a steak. Last time I treated myself to a filet mignon with every 10 pound weight loss. DH grilled it and I added my favorite side. Sometimes it was cheesy brocolli and sometimes it was butter/garlic/spinach. Sooo good.

Kemp - Your menu sounds awesome. I think you should prob aim for 2000-2400 calories anyway, so don't worry about that. If you keep losing at 1 pound per day or close to it, then it's working perfectly. If you slow down in a few weeks, then start counting. Not yet. I love your weekly goals in your siggy. Congratulations on meeting ALL of your first week goals.

Linda - I'm so happy that you are busting through your stall. I think HIIT is the best form of exercise. I bet that alone is making all of the difference. Good job on those yummy menus and keep it up. I still feel like you'll be in onederland by the end of this month.

Pawley - did you make the meatloaf in a muffin pan? I love the idea of meatloaf with bacon on it. YUM!!! Good job on the exercise!!

I'm the only slacker here who isn't exercising. Maybe it will rub off on me and I will start it up soon?

Today is day 2. Yesterday I ended up not eating much at all. I got so busy at work and then stayed late and didn't get home until after 7. I told myself I wasn't going to eat past 7 so I skipped dinner.

Today's menu:
B: coffee/atkins shake/cream
S: eggs w/ bacon and feta all scrambled together - yesterday was my first time eating feta in my eggs and it was amazingly good
L: turkey and cheese
S: coffee w/ cream or SF jello (if needed)
D: cheeseburger w/ green beans (or chicken salad)
Old 02-05-2013, 01:16 PM   #238
Major LCF Poster!

Good afternoon everyone! Taking a break from studying...my brain is fried

Day has gone well, resisted cravings and working on knowing real hunger. I can usually bat away hunger with some water or crystal light, so I know its not real, but there are times when that doesnt work, so I eat something LC. Its a battle when you struggle with overeating, and its something I am going to try to get a handle on.

Amber- I think that exercise is important more for the toning of the weight loss. I like the way it makes me feel and makes me more apt to stay on plan, so I do it. I also do it so that when I do lose the weight, I hope to have less sagging skin (if it even works that way ) I think, like a diet, you have to be ready to exercise. If you arent, you will probably hate every minute of it, and then quit. I like the "me" time it gives me too!

I am so looking forward to my cheesy broccoli that you tempted me with in your post Amber I found a recipe that doesnt call for velvetta (why am I just now realizing this ) and its steamer broccoli, 3 tbsp (or more!) of butter and a 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar. Microwave until melted... I am pairing it with salmon marinated in some balsalmic vinegarette! Sometimes I like to pretend I am all fancy I dont normally eat this way, but my sister brought over some salmon to make on my birthday and we both decided we werent hungry for it lol.

Okay, I guess my break was long enough! MIL is picking up DS after work so that I can study some more! I still have about 6 more practice tests to take, and a whole NCLEX book I havent touched! Sunday is going to be my day of rest though...I am thinking a pedicure to ease my mind
Old 02-05-2013, 03:57 PM   #239
Major LCF Poster!

Just a quick check in.

Chelsey:Way to go on your exercise and getting right back into the game that is very awesome.

Amber: I had a super buy day today also and had to scramble for lunch ideas. Ended up getting take to lunch at a burger place so that worked out ok.

Linda: way to break through the stall. I like to switch it up also when I stall and it seem to work.

I see some talk about not eating pass 7 or before noon, what is that about? I have hear that before does it help with weight loss?

And as far as my menu goes....That is the reason this WOE works for me. I look at all other ways and having to only give up carbs is the most luxurious way to do this thing. What other WOE lets you dip things in butter and soak your veggies in butter before and after you cook them and still lose weight. I eat till full and what is left is eaten the next day. And most of the time what is left is left over steak, bacon, cheese, seafood, I mean some savory stuff. Anyway everyone have a great evening. Looking forward to reports for tomorrow and more weight gone.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:03 PM   #240
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kempmuhlbauer View Post
I see some talk about not eating pass 7 or before noon, what is that about? I have hear that before does it help with weight loss?
I try (usually successfully ) to do intermittent fasting, where I only eat in my "eating window". I didnt do much research to tell you the truth, but have seen people have great success with it, especially where hunger is concerned. I dont eat until 12 noon, and then stop eating before 7pm. I can have whatever I want to make myself full (of course while controlling carbs) but I dont have anything but water after 7pm. I find that I wake the next day not hungry, and my body is adapting, only getting truly hungry around 12 noon. It works for me