Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2013, 05:28 PM   #181
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: pawleys14
Stats: 305/277.8/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarting August 11, 2013
Chelsey - yes, it is a great idea to do the LC cheesecake for yourself.....

on Sat. I went with a friend to "Souper Bowl XV" at a local church..... you pay a set fee and then you can sample 41 soups.... all $$$ go to Habitast for Humanity..... I have gone before... so much fun... and you get to choose a soup bowl painted by local artists.... I got a lovely one with flowers...

so I was pretty good.... I had only ate two hot dogs and a deviled egg for lunch... and I did have a piece of bread... but I did not over eat on the soup... and when I weighted myself today... I was down one pound...

did 50 min on my WA... on sat and sun...I usually go with my sister and she does not stay as long as I normally do.... and then a few hours after that I did my walking tape... one mile.....

\my hip still hurts... my sister an RN said I must of pulled something... but I am not going stop with the WA or walking... it really only hurts if I have been sitting for awhile and then get up... ouch... and then once I start to walk around the pain goes away...

not really hungry today.. had one hot dog and a deviled egg.... then had three of my Heron chicken wings... tonight I had two eggs.... made egg salad... later I may have some hot tea or some hot chicken broth....

only three weeks until I go to Michigan to see my grandabiesl...

well, everyone have a great night....

Proud Grandma to Kyle and Derek - the loves of my life.... granddaughter Abigail (Abby)

May today there be peace within you. May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.
pawleys14 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2013, 07:13 AM   #182
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: chelseybelle27
Stats: 300.3/274.2/healthy :)
WOE: Extended Induction
Start Date: 08-25-14
Hey everyone! Hope you all had a great weekend!

Diana- I think that "Souper Bowl" sounds like fun and yummy too! You did great and yay on the pound lost! I think maybe the walking should be more low impact (like, no hills) and then keep on the WA, hopefully it starts to feel better soon!

Yesterday was a fun day, went out with my sister to eat lunch, then did some shopping (well, window shopping ) with her, my 13 yo niece and my squishy cheek nephew. This was for my birthday since she works all.the.time. I didnt have my son, who I missed terribly, so I got to relax and just enjoy the shopping. That probably wont happen again for a good 6 months I got a cheeseburger without the bun, and a side salad with bleu cheese. Everything was yummy and low carb! I didnt even eat dinner last night, I just snacked on an atkins bar and peanut butter (which needs to go, I think its stalling me!) Im obsessed with peanut butter...I need an intervention!

I didnt work out all weekend, and I missed it! What?!?! This is new for me! I went this morning and did a treadmill interval for 45 minutes and burned 472. It about killed me but I finished it!

I am going to try not to obsess over the weight and not weigh until Friday. I have too many other things on my plate as my test is in about 2 weeks and I need to obsess over that! If I dont check in more than once a day, just know I am studying my tushy off!! Dont you wish it could work that way!

Okay, y'all have a great day!

Goal #1: 265.0 (Back to where I was last year!)
Goal #2: 240.0 (Back to where I was 2 years ago, seeing a trend )
Goal #3: 215.0 (Almost there!)
Goal #4: 195.0 (GOOOOOAAAAL!)
chelseybelle27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:26 AM   #183
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Terra2721
Stats: 232/164/150
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: restart 9/17/2012
Hi all! Sounds like everyone had a nice weekend. I did too. Got to leave work early on Friday due to a snow "storm" (in Virginia a storm is defined by anything that leaves a dusting of snow), so it was nice to spend some extra time with my little guy. Sat. & Sun. my son and I made our rounds of the local children's museums. Sunday, afternoon my dad arrived from Ohio, making a pit stop at our house on his way to Myrtle Beach. We had a lovely dinner at a steak house and my son did a pretty good job behaving at the restaurant. My dad left this morning to finish his journey to Myrtle Beach, and my poor son is heartbroken his "papa" left....so hard to watch as his mom....makes me re-think moving back to Ohio every time. We had a 2 hour delay for work this morning due to freezing rain, so no official weigh in on the school scale....but my home scale weighed me at 193.
Terra2721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:58 AM   #184
Blabbermouth!!!

Chelsey - your shopping trip sounded like fun.... and you ate a great lunch.... I also am really liking doing exercise......

Terra - you Dad is coming my way..... I am in Pawleys Island, just about 20 - 30 min from MB.... and our weather is cold - today in the high 40's and tomorrow will get warmer in the high 60's.... it has been this way all winter.... we had almost 3 weeks with 60 to 75 degrees....I like that.. and great on your reaching 193.... I can only wish for that....

well - did my WA for one hour early this morning... and will do my Leslie Sansone walking tape later this afternoon...... and I was down one pound...
yesterday I really ate small meals..... hot dog and deviled egg - four chicken wings - SF jello and cool whip..... was not really hungry...

so going to try a sort of fat fast...eating really small five meals... just for the next two days..... and see what happens... I know - I will have to watch my blood sugar numbers.... but they were fine yesterday......

going out Wed for a birthday lunch for a friend... eight of us going... and it is going to be at a local Italian restaurant... so went online and they had a web site... (I am researching any restaurant I will be going to.. I love it) so no pasta or anything like that... but they have a great looking salad with eggs, chicken, etc..... so I will get that.... proud that I am doing this... and not eating something I will be sorry for later....... I know that this site and support really helps me... thanks...

everyone have a great day.....
Old 01-28-2013, 09:18 AM   #185
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Robofitz
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 1/7/13
Good morning ladies…I’m back!! Was such a great time off, Disneyland, NAMM and met up with some people on Saturday about a new music project that I was asked to do vocals on. I’m so excited about the project and the people I will be working with.

I stayed on plan the whole time except yesterday…I caved and had pizza for dinner along with a bowl of chocolate chip ice cream and whip cream. Ugh, I’m not gonna say the cravings where so bad I just couldn’t bare it, or any other excuse. I just flat out wanted to enjoy my Sunday night with my BF without worrying about what I could or couldn’t eat. I know it’s very stupid but what’s done is done and now I just have to move on. I’m not going to let this be an excuse to keep cheating though…im back on the low carb train with full force!!!

Todays menu
B - 3 eggs, with cheese...black coffee
L - 6 chicken wings
D - Ground turkey with tomato's and a little sour cream
Workout - 45min treadmill workout, heart rate 140-160
Robofitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:33 PM   #186
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Linda1960
Stats: 246/195/145
WOE: JUDDD/(combined with WW-type foods)
Start Date: Highest wt: 246/ Start JUDDD 8/18/2014 @ 209.8
Hi everyone! I have been doing good with changing my routines a little. If any of you are stalled out there, I thought I would share this with you:

As for eating, I am still sticking to the plan, but I am splitting my meals up into smaller meals, more often throughout the day....(still eating the same foods and total quantity throughout the day..........just not eating all of it in just 3 sittings! I started eating 5 or 6x a day, and my body seems to digest it better; so I will continue with it and see if THAT may have been my problem all along.) I would be so happy to see a continued loss since I have been stalled with the same 5 pounds for over 4 months now.

As for exercise, I started cutting down my exercise time from 50 min - 1 hour of exercise, to just 30 minutes a day......5-6x a week! But with that, I also increased my intensity so I am pushing myself as hard as I can for a shorter time than I was before.

I had been stuck at 210-211 lbs. since Thanksgiving no matter what I did! I would lose a few pounds one day, but then I would gain it right back! It was so frustrating!

Since changing my eating habits and reducing my workout times.......believe it or not, the scale is actually moving! It's not much, but when you are stalled, it feels fantastic!

I weighed in at 208 this past weekend, and held there till Monday. On Monday I weighed in at 207.6 and this morning I am down to 207.4.......so it's holding, and I'm claiming it! YAY!

Terra: Congratulations on your success..........the scale is moving like CRAZY for you! Wow.....it seems like yesterday that you got into onederland, and now you are cruising downhill faster than ANY of us! Congrats! Keep posting your menus for us too! Inquiring minds want to know what you're doing.......

Chels: I agree with others; enjoy your upcoming birthday and have some LC cheesecake. It's just as good as the real thing, but keeps you from derailing yourself!

AsmallerME: Thanks for the support; and best of luck to you on your increased activity! Let us know if you do join that gym. Good luck!

Hope everyone has a good week; I love reading everyone's posts; it gives me inspiration knowing I am not the only one struggling with weight. I am beginning another crazy week at work this week, so I'm not sure how much I will be able to log on. But I will check in when I can!

YESTERDAY'S MENU
B: 2 cheesey scrambled eggs, 1 sl. bacon, coffee with cream and splenda
L: Atkin's Crustless Chicken Pot Pie, Salad with Ranch and Oil
S: 2 Ham & Swiss rollups with sweet mayo dip
D: Chicken Souvlaki Salad (1 cup lettuce with 4 ozs. chicken breast & feta) with dill dip & Greek Oil
S: 3 small cubes swiss cheese, decaf coffee with cream and splenda

TODAY'S MENU
B: 2 cheesey scrambled eggs, coffee with cream and splenda
S: 1 sl. bacon
L: chicken & seafood salad
S: ham & swiss rollup
D: Italian Sausage Pizza Patty (grilled Italian Sausage Patty, topped with pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, and pepperoni, then broiled to melt cheese) YUM! And it's only 1g carbs! 1/2 g. for the spoonful of sauce, and 1/2 g. for the cheese. I will have that with a salad with Ranch and Oil, as well as a veggie!
S: not sure.......maybe decaf coffee with cream and splenda.

1998 - 246 lbs.-Highest weight Pre-Atkins. Lost 70 lbs on Atkins, and kept it off for years. Then gained some back (225) when I stopped doing low-carb. Did WW (225 - 209.8)/Started JUDDD 8/18/14 @ 209.8 lbs!
Old 01-28-2013, 06:25 PM   #187
Blabbermouth!!!

Robo - everyone has those kind of days...... good job getting back OP..

Linda - 5 or 6 smaller meals sound great... I am tyring that also..... and glad that the scale is now moving for ya.... the sausage pizza patty sounds I will have to try that.....
Old 01-29-2013, 08:44 AM   #188
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
Start Date: 8/18/14
Robo - I'm glad you had a great vacation. Good job for admitting the treat and moving past it. That's the key to longterm success.

Pawley - Good job on the scale and WA. You are doing great. I can't remember who on this thread, maybe Terra??, orders the chicken alfredo w/o the noodles. So they serve a bowl of chicken, brocolli, and alfredo sauce. You could try something like that if the salad options don't sound as good on Wed.

Linda - Congratulations!!! I'm sooooo glad you got the scale to move. I'm VERY impressed you held steady for so long while it stalled. Hopefully the scale continues to reward your hard work and you can bust into onederland sometime in February.

Terra - Your weekend sounds lovely. I love long weekends. It's sweet that your son loves his gpa so much. Mine loves his too. It breaks my heart every time they leave or we leave their house. We're only about a 6-hour car trip away, but sometimes I wish we lived nextdoor. Thank goodness for skype.

Chelsey - window shopping w/o your son?!! That sounds AMAZING. Maybe you should do it again and buy a dress for your spring graduation as motivation? Good luck on your upcoming test. Is this the big certification?

Hi to everyone else!! Hope you are all doing great.

As for me, cravings are messing with me on JUDDD. It's been so much fun, and I'm somewhat losing/maintaining, but nothing major is happening. I'm contemplating restarting induction, but may give myself a few more weeks on JUDDD to see what happens first. I think my D-Day for restarting Atkins will be V-day. If I'm not seeing real progress by then, it's time to go back to what works.

Thanks everyone for the continued support and motivation. You are all rockstars!
Old 01-29-2013, 08:47 AM   #189
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: katsue82
Stats: 182/155/135
Start Date: January 2013
Hi All...just wanted to check in and say hi!!

First of all, HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHELSEY!!! Hope you and your family have a wonderful day!

I had been doing so so good at staying on track, but last night I had a Mich Ultra (2.6 carbs) and then late night White Castle chicken rings I looked up the nutritional info this morning and looks like they had 12 carbs in them, so I could have done MUCH MUCH worse, but still feel guilty!!

We have some nice warm weather today, so getting outside over lunch to do Week 3 training of C25K!

Hope everyone has a great day!
katsue82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:41 AM   #190
Senior LCF Member

Chelsey – Happy Birthday!!! Way to go with staying on plan and I hear ya on peanut butter…I had to stop buying it because I was literally eating 4-5 spoonfuls of it straight out of the jar. Wishing you much success on your studying…sounds like you are very focused right now!

Terra – from looking at your stats 193 is awesome!!! You are getting closer to your goal bit by bit.

Pawley – That is a great way to stay on track, looking up the restaurant you are going to so you know what to order! I will have to try this the next time I am going somewhere new to eat.

AsmallerME- I hope you find what works for you but it sounds like a good idea that you are giving it some more time before making the switch. Sometimes it takes a little bit for our bodies to catch up with our eating plan.

Katsue – sorry to hear you had a mini slip…I had a big slip on Sunday and I hope your not beating yourself up like I did yesterday. You are completely right, it could have been much, much worse…12 carbs isn’t too bad even if you were at your carb cap for the day. Cheers to a brand new day!! Have fun working it on your lunch!!
Old 01-29-2013, 09:43 AM   #191
Senior LCF Member

Happy Tuesday everyone...hope everyone has is having a great day!

Today’s menu
B – 3 scrambled eggs ½ cup ground turkey and 1 oz shredded cheese.
L – 3cups ground turkey
D – Pork roast with small side Cesar salad.
Workout – 45minute treadmill workout keeping heart rate between 140-160
Old 01-29-2013, 12:31 PM   #192
Blabbermouth!!!

Chelsey!!! Sorry, but I totally missed that in your other post. When was the real day? Was this your last good birthday? I think it was - you're so young. Ahhhh...
AsmallerME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:11 PM   #193
Major LCF Poster!

Amber- today I am 30

Okay guys, thanks sooooo much for the birthday wishes!!! I have family coming so I have to clean ( ) but I havent been good today, and I will be good tomorrow. I will post more later! Again, thanks for the wishes!!
Old 01-29-2013, 04:18 PM   #194
Blabbermouth!!!

Chelsey - and I also have trouble with Peanut butter... I love PB...and do NOT have it my home...

Amber - sorry that your cravings are messing ya up...... hope things work out better for ya....

Katsue- we all have those days when we eat something high in carbs.... we just have to get back on track.....

Robo - your meals for today look

today went later to do my WA.... had almost one hour in.. when I saw a friend that I have not seen in a long time..... so worked out with him...... and when we were done... I looked at the clock... and I have worked out in the pool for 2 hours... could not believe it... I worked out hard.. and still felt good...

my friend's daughter is a actor... she was on the "Shield" on Fox years ago and on Feb 6th she will be on the "Middle"... thought that was great.... she is 21 and lives in LA.... I really do not watch the Middle.. but will watch it to see her.....

still have to do my walking tape.... if I still feel good.. I will do it... we will see...have to figure out what I will have for dinner..

everyone have a great evening.....
Old 01-30-2013, 06:25 AM   #195
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kempmuhlbauer
Stats: 281/264.8/190
WOE: Super low carb
Start Date: 11/03/14
Hello all!!! you guys mind if I join in on this thread. I have been off plan for quite a while but got back on the wagon Monday. Today is start of day 3, oh how I hate the withdrawal and the flu. Oh well I did it to myself. Hope everyone has a great day "stay healthy my friends"

Happy Belated birthday Chelsey!!!!
kempmuhlbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:20 AM   #196
Major LCF Poster!

Hey everyone! Hope you all had a great Tuesday! Thanks for all the Birthday wishes! My 30th birthday was great, went to the zoo with my favorite boy, had a great family dinner with most of my family and went to bed early (in my true old lady fashion ) I didnt do so well on the diet part, but I got in the gym this morning and I am re-energized to start the day!

Kemp- Welcome back! Best of luck again, you astounded us with your results last year, I cannot wait to be motivated by you again!

Amber- yes its the big test! Everyone (about 5 or 6) people I have graduated with have passed with the minimum amount of questions so I am hoping thats my case too! I have just been studying away, practice test after practice test lol. The dress sounds like great motivation. I saw one the other day while shopping, I might go back and pick it up (you know, in a size or 2 smaller )

Jenn- glad you had a great weekend! Glad you have put the cheat behind ya and moved on. I hope I can do the same!

Kat- Those White Castle chicken rings are pretty tempting! I got some yesterday lol. I am glad to see they were only 12 carbs, but I wont be swinging by there again any time soon Good luck on week 3, how are you liking it so far?!

Diana- Wow 2 hours in the pool! What a great workout, especially with a friend! I bet that helped the time go by fast! I will tune in to watch it on the 6th! I am pretty sure that comes on right before my Modern Family.

Okay, everyone have a great day! Ill check in later!

Trying to stay below 10 carbs today, we'll see!

B- 4 pieces bacon (I usually eat around 12pm with intermittent fasting and I dont eat before DS' "preschool")
L- cheese "shell", taco meat, avocado, and sour cream (taco pizza?)
D- maybe some oven baked ranch chicken with a side salad.
S- if needed, cheese stick, bacon, or an atkins shake

Last edited by chelseybelle27; 01-30-2013 at 07:50 AM.. Reason: because "over" baked chicken doesnt sound very yummy, but will probably end up what it is ;)
Old 01-30-2013, 07:47 AM   #197
Blabbermouth!!!

Chelsey - Ack, you're old. I thought you had one more year! Sorry lady!! Just kidding. You should totally go back and get that dress, but in 2 sizes smaller. You still have 3 or 4 months before you need to wear it, right? Your birthday sounded nice. I'm glad you had a good time and are already back on track. Your menu for today made me drool. I love tacos and bacon and cheese and sour cream and...

Kemp - I'm soooo glad you're back. Truely. You inspired me and motivated me sooooooo much last year. I'm ready for your magic to work again and make me lose some weight. No pressure.

Pawley - Good job on the WA. 2 hours is impressive. I bet you're feeling the results already. Do you mean the show called "The Middle"? I used to watch it but dropped it a year ago, but I"ll try to watch in a few weeks to catch your friend. That's so neat to know an actress.

As for me, today is a DD. I'm trying to make it good since my last few have been mini-disasters. Breakfast is ironically an atkins shake w/ coffee and a splash of cream. The other 300 calories aren't as low carb. 80 calories is a light and fit greek yogurt. And the rest are carby and won't be mentioned.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:53 AM   #198
Major LCF Poster!

Amber- I know it, I am such an old lady I think I will go back and get the dress. I loved it, it was fitted, kid of pleated in the middle with a small belt, and had a high neckline. Very classy. It was sleeveless and I am hoping by the time I wear it I will have got some good looking arms (after all my time on that darned elliptical!) Good luck on your DD! Im sure you'll do great! Makes me happy when you pop in!
Old 01-30-2013, 09:20 AM   #199
Senior LCF Member

Pawley – Sounds like you were having fun in the water if you didn’t even realize you had worked out for 2 hours. That is awesome and super that you were feeling great afterwards. I love workouts like that

Kemp – Hello, looking forward to getting to know you…it looks like some folks in this thread already know you.

Chelsey – you silly girl, 30 is far from old! I’m 33 and will be 34 in a couple months and my 30’s have been some of the best years of my life. Time to live it up little momma

Feeling great and glad its Wednesday already, this week has been pretty lame at work but I try not to complain too much since I know a lot of folks are out of work right now. Either way I am pumped because I feel great today.

Todays menu
B – 3 scrambled eggs with ham
L – 1cup ground turkey with 3 slices of ham
D – BF is taking me to dinner tonight to celebrate our anniversary. The place we are going to serves gigantic portions so we will most likely split a prime rib and I will have a side salad or vegetables. I am determines to stay on plan though, this place has amazing desserts and BF has a sweet tooth like no other so perseverance in full effect!!!

Workout - My shoulder has been acting up so I am going to do another cardio day. 25min treadmill climb and 20minutes on eliptical

Have a fantastic Wednesday everyone
Old 01-30-2013, 03:21 PM   #200
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kempmuhlbauer
Stats: 281/264.8/190
WOE: Super low carb
Start Date: 11/03/14
Thanks for all the welcoming. I am glad to be back. I am super busy this week but will be posting regularly starting Saturday.

Chelsey: wow 30 years OLDDDDD!!!! Relax I am 45 and still act like I am 25. Yet I still go to bed early, maybe I am getting old and just do not realize it. LOL

Amber: Man the pressure you are putting on me!!! Just kidding looking forward to it.

Robo: Looking forward to reading more about you. Thanks for the welcome.

Well it has been a good day, I am totally focused and ready to attack. The first week I usually do not count any thing but carbs. I am keeping them at 4-8 this time, not under 5 every day yet. Next week I will start with the 5 or less a day and start trying to cut back on calories also. I am 275 pounds right now and hate every bit of it.

I will hit the gym tonight for a short burst until I build back up my aerobics. Then the gym will be my every day friend for hours instead of minutes. "Keep moving" is the best advice I every got, as far as losing weight and maintaining it. I stopped moving and it killed me.

Monday I started at "274" will not step on scale again till Friday morning, and as you guys know that is killing me!!! I am a daily scale guy for sure. Hope at least the water weight has gone to keep me motivated through the super bowl weekend.

Thanks again for the support here.

"STAY HEALTHY MY FRIENDS"

GOALS:
1. Keep on plan
2. Stay on plan
3. Work out

Last edited by kempmuhlbauer; 01-30-2013 at 03:24 PM..
kempmuhlbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:24 PM   #201
Major LCF Poster!

You all realize I was totally kidding about the 30 I know its not old! I think my 30s will be fabulous! Career, more baby (ies) and spending it with the love of my life...I dont know how it could go wrong!

Jenn- hope your shoulder feels better!

Kemp- I hope you see a good number on Friday! I will be weighing in then too! I am also a daily weigher, but I know that I need to not be so obsessed with it, as its not such a good indictor all the time. I have been working out 5-6 days a week for 45 minutes and I havent lost really anything for about a week and a half. I know its because I went from sedentary to very active and my body is catching up! Good luck on the very LC...I try it, but I love my veggies, I can only hold out on that for a few days at a time! I know thats what you did last time and did so good! Also, Terra who is on here too, does VLC and has done well too! Good luck!

Oh joy, back to studying Ill check in before bed!
Old 01-30-2013, 09:02 PM   #202
Blabbermouth!!!

Chelsey - glad that your birthday went well... and going to the zoo with your DS....I love when I get to go with my grandsons to the zoo... In Battle Creek, MIchigan where my son lives... they have a great zoo. Binder Park Zoo... just love it.... it started when my sons were little.. and now it is huge and wonderful....

Kemp - glad to have you aboard.... keep up the good work

Amber - hope your day goes well

Robo - glad that this day was so great for ya..... but sorry that your shoulder hurts.... I know how that is.. my hip still hurts... but I just push through it...

went to sleep early for me last evening... and then woke up at
4:11am and knew that I could not go back to sleep... so I got up and got on the computer... then thought I might as well go to my health club and do my WA.... they open up at 5:30am.. so I hit the pool at 5:40am and worked out until 7am... felt good.. come home.... let my baby Chloe outside and fed her... and told her lets go to bed for an hour... and we did

then paid some bills, wrote some letters and then got ready for luncheon with friends... and I did have my salad... was huge and brought the half I did not eat home for dinner.....

hope that everyone has a great day tomorrow....
Old 01-31-2013, 06:26 AM   #203
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Linda1960
Stats: 246/195/145
WOE: JUDDD/(combined with WW-type foods)
Start Date: Highest wt: 246/ Start JUDDD 8/18/2014 @ 209.8
Chels: Glad you had a wonderful birthday...........and you are sooooo YOUNG! You will LOVE your 30's! I loved my 30's, and even enjoyed my 40's MORE! Now I am in my 50's, and when I retire in 27 months, I will enjoy it EVEN MORE than my 40's! Can't wait!

Kemp: .........I'm glad you joined us! We look forward to your inspiring comments and posts!

Robo: I hope your shoulder feels better real soon! I have trouble with my shoulders as well; I believe it is from years of weight lifting..........but I know I have to do it, so I try to work through it...ouch!

Pawley: You are doing great with your WA! Keep up the good work; I am trying to be consistent with my cardio as well to try and get the scale moving!

Kat: You have been an inspiration with your workouts; (staying dedicated to the C25K Program can be a challenge). Great job! I can't wait to see your results; the scale has GOT to move with that type of workout regime!

AsmallerME: I hope your DD day went well yesterday; I give you credit.....I don't know if I could eat that little amount of food! I'd be climbing the walls!

Today's Planned Menu:
S (5am): 1/2 c. cottage cheese
B (7am): 1/2 of a Ham & Cheese Omelette
Mid-morning: Other 1/2 of omelette
L: Some type of protein, salad with Ranch
Mid-afternoon: Atkins shake or cottage cheese (if needed)
D: small portion of protein, salad with ranch, veggie
S: Decaf coffee and/or cheese if needed
Workout: 1/2 hr. treadmill, high-intensity interval training

Ate a little too much lunch yesterday with too much sodium in it. Feeling the bloat today; will drink more water to flush it out. But I did workout again last night, (30-min. high-intensity interval cardio training).

Worked out 6 out of the last 7 days...........YAY! I hope it shows on the scale eventually.

Have a great day everyone!
Linda1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:29 AM   #204
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Terra2721
Stats: 232/164/150
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: restart 9/17/2012
Chelsey-Happy belated birthday. So glad you enjoyed your day. Good luck on your weigh in tomorrow!

Kemp- Welcome!

Robo- sorry to hear about your shoulder. Hope it is feeling better!

Pawley- Great job on the consistent working out!

Kat- Way to go on following the C25K workout.

Amber- Hope JUDDD is treating you well. Slow and steady is what wins the battle.

Linda- WTG on the workouts!

Jeanne- Hope you are doing well! Miss your posts!

As for me, my time at 193 was short lived (if I was ever there, my home scale is all over the map)....the school medical scale has me at 195. I think this is my classic 3 week stall/stand still. Going to keep my carbs low and make sure my fat intake is high. Something must be going right because I am now wearing most of my size 14 pants without having to contort myself to button them.

B- 4 slices of bacon 24 oz of coffee, 1 oz. of coconut oil, .5 oz of heavy cream, 1 TB splenda
L- 3oz of tuna salad, .25 oz of vinegar, .25 oz of olive oil, and 2 oz. of provolone cheese
D- 3 oz. of chicken breast, 3 oz. of broccoli, and 1 serving campbells scampi sautee sauce.
Terra2721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:10 AM   #205
Major LCF Poster!

OMG y'all. I have major news! My sister gave me a bag of adorable jeans a few months back and they have all just been hanging out in my closet. I tried them on today to see where I was, and in the beginning, I could barely pull most of them over my butt and now the all mostly go up. The biggest news...I pulled on a size 18 Old Navy jeans, and ZIPPED and BUTTONED them!! I am not taking these puppies off! Its been since 2011 since I could wear 18s! I knew my 22s were getting big, but my goodness! I did a happy dance! Take that scale...I dont need ya

Diana- great job on the WA and I am glad you enjoyed your nap!

Linda- Wow lady keep up the good work on the workouts! I try to do 6 out of 7 days but I always find an excuse not to go on day 6! Do you fine you like the 30 minute workouts better? I might consider shorter workout times more days a week. I remember you saying they helped you with your weight loss!

Terra- The 3 week stall is killer! Hang in there, you are doing awesome! You will be saying buh-bye 195 in no time! My home scale is wonky too!

I didnt hit the gym this morning because my MIL is taking DS for the evening since she is off work tomorrow and I will go when she picks him up. I will also be hibernating in my bedroom for the next 24 hours studying medications, but I will peak my head out every once in a while to check in on you all! I think some takeout is in order tonight, and I will try to keep my water flowing so I dont feel snacky while studying.

Have a great day everyone!!

PS, Jeanne, Tina...I MISS YOU!!!
Old 01-31-2013, 09:02 AM   #206
Senior LCF Member

Kemp – Awesome staying away from the scale except for once a week and good luck with tomorrow's weigh in…I’m wishing you some happy #’s on the scale. As far as super bowl Sunday, I am in the same boat as well…just going to stuff my face with wings and water, maybe I will have one cocktail but other than that let's stay on plan!!!

Pawly – Sounds like you are on a roll with your workouts!! Great job I love snuggling up and taking naps with my pooch although he is not much of a snuggler. Lunch with friends sounds like fun, I hope you had a great time…you deserve it!

Linda – Sorry about your shoulder too. I’m pretty sure that is how I hurt it, from weight lifting…blah, I think I have weak shoulders. Your menu looks great, does the cottage cheese stall you at all? I love cottage cheese but am afraid to add it to my diet because I heard it stalls some people. I know everyone is different but just curious how it effects you. Also great job working out 6days in a row!!! That is some serious dedication, I love doing interval training on the treadmill!

Terra – Your menu looks delish! Wonderful news about your 14’s…always nice when you can where a pair of jeans and be comfortable. Stick with it, I’m sure the scale will move soon enough and it sounds like you are getting smaller, just might not be showing on the scale.

Chelsey – YIPPIE!!! Thanks for sharing your fantastic news!!!! That must feel so wonderful; you are on your way girl and you must feel so wonderful. Way to go on your studying too…you should be so proud of yourself!!

I am feeling better than ever!! It’s truly amazing how eating this way not only affects your waistline but also your mood. I have been sleeping great, waking up with tons of energy and my overall attitude towards life has improved!! I feel fantastic!! I will be measuring this weekend and I will be sure to post up my progress. I’m pretty sure I have lost more since BF hasn’t been able to keep his hands off of me and keeps telling me how great I am looking.

I also wanted to recommend watching a documentary “Hungry for Change”. It’s streaming on netflix right now and it’s very informative for so many reasons. I watched it last night and it really inspired me to stay away from artificial sweeteners and pay more attention to the ingredients in the food I consume. There were people on there that lost 200lbs or more and others who where able to heal ailments just from their diet, also a ton of other great information.

Todays menu
B – 3 eggs with ham
L – Taco style salad (romaine lettuce, chicken, tons of salsa, little sour cream, a sprinkle of cheese and guacamole) this is very yummy and super filling.
D – Salmon with salad (lettuce, tomato, onion, some parmesan cheese, avocado w/ lemon juice and olive oil, salt for dressing)
WORKOUT = 45minute circuit training with light weights, tons of abs…my shoulder is feeling much better so going to ease back into some light weights.

Have a super Thursday y'all...let's stay focused, laughing and moving!!

Last edited by Robofitz; 01-31-2013 at 09:14 AM..
Old 01-31-2013, 02:05 PM   #207
Major LCF Poster!

Jenn- The best part of this WOE is the way you feel! I always felt so tired and slumpy, and now I actually want to get up and MOVE! Its awesome! I will check out that documentary! Sounds great! My brother has crohns (along with a whole host of other autoimmune issues) and I have always thought and verbalized how good he would feel if he changed his diet. He doesnt want to listen to me though...grown up man stuck in a kid body lol

So, this is a pic of the zoo the other day. I felt I could really see the weight loss in my face! I love that DS actually looked AND smiled

AGAIN, sorry its so darn big! It will show that its been adjusted, but wont copy and paste that way?! I dont know whats wrong with it
Old 01-31-2013, 02:31 PM   #208
Blabbermouth!!!

Chelsey - Seriously, your above post (the one about the jeans) made me smile the biggest smile for you!!! Your excitement radiates. I'm BEYOND excited and proud of you. And that picture??!! Wow. I can for sure see the slimness in your face. Your cheeks are slimmer and your chin is more pronounced. Your face shape is looking just like your cutie son's face.

Robo - thank you for the documentary recommendation. I streaming documentaries that reinforce our choices. Congratulations on already feeling better and for the extra attention from your DBF.

Terra - I'm sure you'll be back to the lower 190s in a few days. You're doing great!! Remember our bodies fluctuate like crazy, especially at certain times of the month.

Linda - I seriously love how positive you are. Your posts always make me happy. Keep up the great work lady!!!

Pawley - is the pool indoors? I know it's heated, but it must be inside, right? Otherwise I think I'd freeze. I had to step into my pool the other day to get something that blew in and I frooze my booty off.

Kemp - I'm intentionally putting the pressure on. I know you thrive on it!! I remember fondly that we were in a mini-race towards onederland last year. Good luck on the scale tomorrow. Remember that anything is good and that all the little losses add up.

So, I feel totally half crazed to write this, but I'm returning to LC. Yep, my experiment was a failure for me. I have stuff tomorrow and Sat and food already prepared, so I'm restarting on either Sunday or Monday. Hope you guys don't mind.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:35 PM   #209
Major LCF Poster!

Yay! Amber, you know I am welcoming you back with open arms!!! Thanks for the compliments! I was so stinking excited, I think I texted my DH, my BFF, my sister...etc!
Old 01-31-2013, 05:06 PM   #210
Blabbermouth!!!

Chelsey - wow great news on the jeans... and yes I would not take them off either have a great day studying.... I know you WILL do well...... love just love that photo.... your DS is just darling ... and you look super....... soooo proud of ya...

Robo - gald you are feeling so great....... this is a great WOE........

Amber - yes, yes come back to us.... sorry it did not work out for ya....

just got back from doing 1 hour and 10 min. of my WA.... and yes Amber.... the pools are inside.... a lap pool... brrrrrrrrr...... warm water pool (I one I use) and a hot tub (that I hit after my workout... as a reward....

hope everyone has a great evening... and great day tomorrow.....