Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2013, 08:45 AM   #151
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: chelseybelle27
Stats: 295.0/283.2/195.0
WOE: Extended Induction
Start Date: 1/4/2014
Morning everyone! Scale is up again! Sigh, maybe Ill see a drop tomorrow. I have worked out pretty hard for the past 2 days, but I was really hoping to see 269 by tomorrow for the competition weigh in....still crossing my fingers (and toes!)

Diana- enjoy your "2 a days" like Kat said I hope you are able to stand after all that too!

Got to the gym today and walked a 5k. I did it in 58 minutes, kind of trying to work up my stamina to get running starting. I was ready to be done by around 45 minutes, but soldiered through and made it (I actually walked to the full hour). I am exhausted! I have a 2 year old's birthday party to go to this afternoon, and plan to drink an atkins shake on the way there (its about an hr drive) and then stick to diet coke at the party...NO CAKE FOR ME! I will be strong, want to see a good # on the scale tomorrow!

Have a great Sunday everyone!

Goal #1: 265.0 (Back to where I was last year!)
Goal #2: 240.0 (Back to where I was 2 years ago, seeing a trend )
Goal #3: 215.0 (Almost there!)
Goal #4: 195.0 (GOOOOOAAAAL!)
chelseybelle27 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2013, 04:17 PM   #152
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jeannecgo
Stats: 281/259/245/236/233/226/218/213/210180
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Feb 2012
Hi everyone, sorry I haven't posted for awhile, I have been preoccupied.....but I am doing ok on eating and I have only missed working out one day this month.

I am going to make some green beans and chicken for dinner and catch up on all the post. I will check back in later!
Jeannecgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:33 PM   #153
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jeannecgo
Stats: 281/259/245/236/233/226/218/213/210180
Start Date: Feb 2012
Ok, I am back and I have read most of the posts from the week...you ladies are just awesome!

Terra, so great you it onederland! I would ask you to leave a bread crumb trail for me to show how you got there, but that's too many carbs!

Robo, How did you do with your boyfriend in town? Is he pretty supportive of your WOE? It sure helps when they are. My BF and I went to the movie this weekend, he ordered popcorn and yep, I had a few handfuls. It's not nearly what I would have eaten in the past but still, so unnesscesary.

Diana, you are sure devoted to WA. I think that is great, they say it's the best exercise to do because it doesn't hurt your joints.

Chelsey.....that is such a great picture of your little guy. He is adorable.....no wonder your looking forward to another one! Good luck studying.

Amber and Tina, please check in.....we miss you!

Katsue and chelsey....good luck with the 5k prep. I know you guys will do great....I really admire you.....I can barely walk 4 miles on the treadmill and even with that I am exhausted.

Mandy, glad the biscuit didn't derail you. Your making a lot of progress...your really doing great!

Ok, I am calling it quits for the night. I made dinner for tomorrow night and a salad for Tuesday, so I am starting the week prepared. I hope you guys have a great, on-plan week.
Jeannecgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:51 AM   #154
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Robofitz
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 1/7/13
Chelsey – Sounds like you had a busy weekend of studying…cant say I miss those days but great job staying on plan. I know it can get very stressful studying and preparing for test. Way to go with getting prepared so you don’t slip, also very cool that you were able to get hubby his candy bar and just have an allowed snack at home. Also you might be up a little in weight because you have been working out. There have been times for me when I will gain as much as 7 pounds when I do heavy workouts but my clothes fit me looser. It’s that whole muscle weighing more than fat thing. The scale will start to follow soon enough. That is one of the reasons why I just don’t weigh anymore and just measure. When the scale starts to go up after doing everything right, I get depressed and just want to give up. Anyway greta job juggling everything and sticking to your plan

Pawleys – That is wonderful…12lbs since the new year, sounds like you are doing great!! Way to go on sticking to your WA and adding in your walking tapes...way to go workout diva!!!

Katsue – I feel ya on waking up early on the weekends but during workdays not wanting to get outta bed. I have to be up at 5am during the week so I love sleeping in although I am normally wide awake at 6 or 7am on the weekends, ugh it blows. Sounds like you are doing really great with your workouts, way to go and your meals look really good as well

Jeannecgo – way to go on sticking to plan and nice to hear from you! I did great while my BF was home. He is very supportive of my diet and always tells me how proud of me he is. It keeps me motivated. I love movie popcorn, one of the reasons I havent been since I started LC. BF wanted to go this weekend but I told him no, maybe next weekend. Sounds like you are nice and preparied for the start of the week…way to go and cheers to staying on plan
Robofitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:12 AM   #155
Senior LCF Member

Well ladies, can’t say I am too proud of myself after this weekend. While I did stay on plan I also ate too much sugar free chocolate…you know those Russell stover candies? Plus I had diet soda and I drank Friday night and yesterday. Other than those slip ups I stayed very low carb on my meals. BF got home early Friday so I came home to folded laundry that was left in the dryer and big hugs!! Weekend started off a little stressful because his folks stayed with us Friday night and we went to a house warming party that evening as well…hence the drinking Friday night. I had vodka and sugar free redbull. Saturday was spent mostly with BF folks, they took us shopping for stuff THEY thought we needed for the house. That was really kind of them. Sunday we played some music and jammed with some friends…also the reason I drank yesterday. I didn’t to too bad, had 1 bloody mary and 1 glass of wine. Looking forward to this week since I have Thursday and Friday off!! BF will be gone working until Wed night then Thursday we are going to Disneyland and Friday going to NAMM. I love long weekends and this one is extra special because we are celebrating out anniversary as well.

Today’s menu
B – 3 scrambled eggs with a little shredded cheddar cheese
L – small Caesar salad w/ lettuce, dressing and parmesan cheese only
S – boiled egg with 1 oz cheddar cheese
D – Baked chicken with side salad
Workout – 45minutes cardio routine on treadmill keeping heart rate between 145-160

All right ladies, here is to another great week with zero cheats! Wishing everyone strength, perseverance and the will to stay on plan.

Last edited by Robofitz; 01-21-2013 at 08:15 AM..
Old 01-21-2013, 10:32 AM   #156
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: pawleys14
Stats: 305/277.8/175
Start Date: restarting August 11, 2013
Jeanne - welcome back..... great starting the week prepared....... that is what I try to do... plan my meals......

Robo - Happy Anniversary early....... and even with being off program for a few days... you are getting back on.... great.......

got up and went and did 1 hr & 15 min of my WA...... again the warm water felt sooooo good... and then I always hit the hot tub.... my reward for doing a good workout......

did not do my walking DVD last evening... my left side - at my waist just above my hip is hurting... spoke with a therapist at my health club... and told her that I think it is because I have been one my computer so much sometimes one-two or three hours at a time.... I know I am bad as a kid....
she said I should limit the times sitting at the desk.... plus I have a really old chair with no arms... my friend is giving me her old office chair... which is in great condition... with arms etc..... so that may help.......

when I walk my side does not hurt.. it is when I try to get up...... it hurts...

so now I am going to be on the computer only 15 min at a time... and then get up and move around.....

so everyone have a great day.....

Proud Grandma to Kyle and Derek - the loves of my life.... granddaughter Abigail (Abby)

May today there be peace within you. May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.
pawleys14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:25 PM   #157
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Jenn, I know I shouldnt weigh everyday, I need to hide my scale. I figured the workouts will have some adjusting for me, and I will just ride it out. Sounds like you had a great weekend (even with the "in-laws") and I am a firm believer that we have to make this lifestyle fit our own in a way, so I think you did a great job when hanging out with friends, especially when it normally would have probably been much worse! Great job, and happy anniversary early! How long is it for you guys?

Jeanne- missed ya! Sorry its been crazy at work, hopefully it will slow down for a bit for ya! GREAT job on the (almost) one month of working out!!

Diana- Youre speaking my language with the hot tub! I so wanted to step into the sauna after swimming, but with DS, thats kind of a no-no lol. I so hope your hip feels better, you must have tweaked it a bit? Keep some heat on it, and try some aleve if you have it. Im glad you are able to still do you WA!

I have been 100% on plan today, but yesterday I went a little off. I was fine through the day, had a couple of meatballs at the party but no cake, but ended up face first in a bag of teddy grahams at home before bed. I think I need to either up my fat, or possibly TOM is on its way, because I have been ravenous (I was attributing that to the gym) and I made a bad choice. Im done making bad decisions, and I am back at it today.

Weighed in for the "biggest loser" comp at the gym at 273.3 (will my clothes, a full bladder and my shoes) so I wrote my goal in 12 weeks is going to be 25 lbs. That means I have to lose that to get my $25 back, and I want to blow that out of the water to possibly win the membership. Not counting on it, but I will for sure put forth my best effort! I WILL get my money back though...thats an average of 2 lbs a week.

Okay, I gotta get off here, I have a full house today with my niece and nephew (since they are out of school). Im ready for a nap

Last edited by chelseybelle27; 01-21-2013 at 12:27 PM..
Old 01-22-2013, 06:06 AM   #158
Blabbermouth!!!

Chelsey - I tend to weigh in every day also.... I weigh in at my health club in my swimming suit.... just can not pass that scale without steping on it --- my hip feels a tad better today..... yesterday I had a off day... and in the evening I just kept going into the kitchen and picking at food...

but on board today..... guess we all have to have a off-day... did not do my walking DVD yesterday... I should of then maybe I would not of eaten so much exercise seems to kill my hunger...a good thing.... will make up for it today....... going at 10am to do my WA......

hope that everyone has a great day.....
Old 01-22-2013, 06:47 AM   #159
Senior LCF Member

Morning everyone! Hope you had a great Monday (as great as Mondays can be )

I ended up out to eat with my sister and her family last night, kid of impromtu...kids wanted a buffet, and I ate very on plan! Didnt weigh in today (kind of liberating lol) and I dont plan to for a few days. Friday is my weigh in, and Id like to be back on track by then. Going to try to get myself jump started deeper into ketosis today (and maybe tomorrow) by keeping my carbs below 10 today. I dont actually plan on eating any veggies, and keeping sauces to a minimum. Need to learn to up my fats, seems like all I crave are salads and chicken. Thats definitely not going to keep me full though

DH is home sick, so I didnt go to workout this morning, but will this afternoon since I have the opportunity. He is actually sick, but I think he needs a mental health day. He hates his job (well, more burnt out...he does IT), and also has bipolar, so he needs a day off every once in a while to reset his emotions. He is on the very low end of bipolar, but it is a very hard diagnosis to live with, as only people with bipolar could imagine, and I 100% believe a day off to sleep or do whatever is just what the doctor ordered. I just hope he starts to feel better, I hate to see him uncomfortable (physically and mentally!)

Anyway, DS and I are going to do some school, and head to Target. I hear their clearance is ah-maz-ing right now

B- 4 pieces of bacon
L- 2 burgers, pickles, maybe mustard to dip
D- chicken wings, Waldens no carb BBQ (in crock pot)
S- pepperonis, cheese stick
Old 01-22-2013, 07:22 AM   #160
Senior LCF Member

Thank you Chelsey and Pawley for the happy anniversary...we have been together 2 years, just bought a home a year ago and I still get butterflies in my tummy everytime I see him...he truly is my rock

Pawley - sorry to hear your hip is hurting but hopefully that new chair from your friend will help out. I sit at a desk all day long for work and I know a good chair really makes all the difference. Hide that scale, and forget about it until its time to weigh in and also good job getting back on track today. Have a super day!!

Chelsey - Great job staying away from the cake...sorry those teddy's were calling your name but we all have slip ups and I know you will move on quickly. Sounds like you have a good plan keeping your carbs at 10 for the next couple days...let us know how that goes Sorry to hear about your DH, I hope things at work get less stressful for him soon. Sounds like you are a great wife and supportive, bet that alone makes him feel alot better!!

I did great yesterday, no cheats and today is my 16th day on induction...I think I am going to stay on induction until the end of Feb and then go from there. I have not had time to measure but I know I need to. BF left again last night for more work up in Merced so that gives me a couple days to just eat very low carb. I dont mind eating just a chicken breast or a can of tuna for dinner but when he is home I always make a salad or something to go with the main dish.

Todays menu
B - Scambled eggs, with bacon and cheese, coffee w/ HWC
L - 1 baked chicken breast sliced up with broccoli and cauliflower in garlic butter
D - Baked chicken breast and maybe I will allow myself a diet pop tonight
Workout - 45minute circuit training w/weights keeping heart rate at 140-160
Old 01-22-2013, 09:02 AM   #161
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Terra2721
Stats: 232/164/150
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: restart 9/17/2012
Chelsey- I have had great success since lowering my carbs to 10 or under and upping my fat. I have found that eating 1 oz of coconut oil, tuna salad with LOTS of mayo, keep me very full and often I eat a small or no dinner.

Pawley-Hope your hip is feeling better!

Robo-Great job getting back on track! Glad you enjoyed your weekend with the boyfriend!

I weighed in officially this morning in the school nurse's office and my official 4 month weigh in weight is 196.6. Marking 36 lbs in 4 months of induction. I plan on following induction until goal or close to goal and then slowly upping my carbs. Hoping I can keep this pace of loss and be 150ish by July!

Menu:
B- 1oz coconut oil, 24 oz of coffee, .5 oz of heavy cream, 4 slices of bacon
L-3 oz. of tuna salad, 2 oz of cheese
d-6 oz of chicken & broccoli stir fry---if I am hungry.
Terra2721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:54 AM   #162
Senior LCF Member

Great job Terra! 36 lbs in 4 months is amazing! You are doing great! Thanks for the advice on the 10 carbs or less. I will have to try the CO, but for some reason I am frightened by it. Do you eat a spoonful of it by itself or put it in something? I think the texture by itself would have me gagging. I have a thing about textures sometimes. I dont drink coffe, but would be willing to start if thats what you drink it in. Also, I have thought about making fat bombs, and I know its in that too. Maybe when I get groceries next time Ill pick some up.

Jenn- Thanks, our marriage hasnt always been easy, but there is never a moment that I dont look at him and feel a rush of love. His bipolar diagnosis came during nursing school (surpise! I diagnosed him before the doc lol) and since he has been on the right med, he has less and less ups and downs. Hes amazing for dealing with this and being so strong. Hes our rock (since I stay at home), and I know thats a lot of pressure sometimes, but I dont think there is anything he wouldnt do for his family. Sorry got off track there Congrats on the 2 years with your BF! Butterflies are always a GREAT thing! Also, CONGRATS on 16 days and NO cheats! Wish I could say the same! Keep it up lady!
Old 01-22-2013, 11:17 AM   #163
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
Start Date: 2012
Hey everyone!! Sounds like there have been a lot of success here in the past few days!!

Chelsey - I'm definitely in the minority, but CO made me more hungry. It awake a hunger monster in me, even when I was firmly in ketosis. It definitely caused me to eat too many calories, so try it with caution. And WTG on the scale!!! You are doing GREAT!!!

Terra- You are amazing!! Didn't you just hit 199? Now look at you!! Woo hoo!

Robo - Happy Anniversary!!!

Hi to everyone else!! KUTGW!!!

Me - I've been doing JUDDD and feeling good right now. I'm VERY jealous of the losses in this thread and will likely switch back in a few weeks, but for now, I'm happily eating carbs. I'm down about 3 in the last week, so something is working, albeit not super fast. We had a great weekend and went out all three days for some activity. I'm trying to increase that and even went and visited a gym this weekend to consider joining. Baby steps!!
AsmallerME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:29 PM   #164
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Amber, good to see you too!! I think my sister uses it, so I will maybe steal some of hers lol, because I would hate to buy an entire jar and only use it a couple of times. I DO not need anything to make me hungrier than I already am!

Glad you are getting a feel for something else, either way, you will know what works for you! 3 lbs is great in a week! Our goal was at least 2 right? You succeeded that! Great job! Also, great job on the exercise! Let me know if you decide to join the gym, I started an interval today on the elliptical that really burned the calories!

So, I figured out who the ravenous monster was...TOM. Lovely for him to make an appearance. Oh well, lets get it out of the way and maybe I could have some weight loss again. Like I said above, did a 25 minute interval on the elliptical I got off pinterest that really increased my calorie burn, and then I did an additional 20 minutes at a lower resistance with a total of 600 burned. Im sure Ill be sore tomorrow!

Doing good so far, had 1 carb and it was from cheese. Wings stewing in the crockpot and with that I will have ranch for another 2 carbs. May add in a little broccoli, since it wont put me over 10 for the day. Not hungry....thats amazing, considering the last few days I couldnt get enough!

Hope the days treating you all well! Talk later!
Old 01-22-2013, 01:33 PM   #165
Blabbermouth!!!

Chelsey - great job on that dinner... and having a buffet to pick from... you can hit the meats and veggies..... way to go girl....

Robo - looks like you have a great meal plan for today......

Terra - wow 36 pounds in 4 months... girl you rock....

Amber - glad to hear from ya..... and down 3 pounds.... know you will do well... keep it up...

well have not gone to do my WA yet... will leave in about 1 hour.... but I did do one mile walking..... will be glad to work up to 2 miles... but I sure am not there yet...

hip is feeling better today... just have to keep off the computer for long periods... hope to get the new chair soon.

meals for today:
B. was not hungry
L - two hot dogs w/1 T LS catsup
1/2 cup of cucumbers and two radishes
snack - 1 small pc of cheese and a few cucumbers and one radish
D. Heron chicken wings
2 cups of green beans
snack - maybe some SF jello and cool whip

hope that everyone has a great day...
Old 01-22-2013, 06:32 PM   #166
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Terra2721
Stats: 232/164/150
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: restart 9/17/2012
Amber-Love it when you pop in! Glad to hear things are going well!

Chelsey- I started TOM on Monday, and I was STARVING all weekend. I do add the coconut oil to my coffee...I couldn't do the texture either of CO off the spoon. Fat Bombs are something I want to try but haven't gotten around to trying them yet.

pawley-Glad your hip is feeling better!
Terra2721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:19 AM   #167
Senior LCF Member

Happy Wednesday ladies…looks like everyone is going good. Just an added on the coconut oil…I like the extra virgin organic coconut oil and I like to mix it in my tea with a little bit of stevia. It’s yummy and it helps me with my hunger but like Amber said I know it can make some people hungrier so just depends on you. The other great benefit I found from EVCO is its great for your skin!! It’s an antibacterial so it is great for break outs and has done wonders for my skin. I used to spend tons of money on creams for my face and now swear by this stuff. I keep a jar of EVCO in my kitchen for cooking and one in my bathroom. I know it might sound like it will clog your pores but it doesn’t, it makes your face feel amazing and a little goes a long way. When I have a couple blemishes I slather this stuff on my face before bed and I wake up with a clear face

So still going strong, workouts have been great, diet has been great but I still need to measure to see if I have lost anymore inches, will do that this weekend. Honestly I haven’t really felt a change but I know that sometimes that can mean nothing. I will not be able to post until Monday because I will be on vacation starting tomorrow and will not have any time to post. BF and I are going to NAMM Friday and Saturday and also going to Disneyland tomorrow. I will somehow stay on plan but man do I love those Disneyland Churro’s!! Those and all the other sugar sweets I know I won’t be able to have but I will be sure to pack some snacks. I will be doing a lot of walking both at DL and NAMM so I most likely wont be working out but will do my best to maybe squeeze in a bike ride or a run over the weekend.

I’m wishing all you beautiful ladies success and strength to stay on course as I know you will…don’t miss me too much

Today’s menu
B – 3 sausage patties and 2 eggs (super hungry this morning) 5 carbs
L – Slices chicken and broccoli/ cauliflower with garlic butter 9carbs
D – most likely a burger wrapped in lettuce
Workout – 45minutes between treadmill and elliptical keeping my heart rate at 140-160

Having girls night this evening so might have a couple classes of wine but am going to do my very best to just have one glass and just sip on it all night…we shall see, I love my red wine and so far it doesn’t seem to have done much damage. Just one thing I am not willing to give up for now…I love my girl talk over a glass of wine!!

Last edited by Robofitz; 01-23-2013 at 09:21 AM..
Old 01-23-2013, 10:27 AM   #168
Blabbermouth!!!

Robo- have a great time on your vacation.... and I know.... I love those Churro's - oh course I love anything Mexican..... but you will do fine... and you will be walking alot..... so again... have a wonderful time...

Terrra - yes hip feeling better..... still have a bit of pain... but I am just working through it...... I must of pulled something

so went and did 1 hour & 30 min... of my WA.... and feel great... and I even waked my little Chloe when I got back home...we did not go far... just around the block.. she is only 5 pounds... so she can not walk as far as bigger dogs.... and I will do my walking tape later this afternoon.... I am on a roll...

L - H. Chicken wings and 1 cup of cucumbers
D - H. Chicken wings and 1 cup of green beans...
I know I am eating so many chicken wings, but they are easy to cook and I love them......

everyone have a great day......
Old 01-23-2013, 10:38 AM   #169
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawleys14 View Post
L - H. Chicken wings and 1 cup of cucumbers
D - H. Chicken wings and 1 cup of green beans...
I know I am eating so many chicken wings, but they are easy to cook and I love them......
OMG I LOVE WINGS...they are my very favorite even when I wasn't low carbing. I need to start making them on my own because I always go to wingstop for mine. Need to find a good recipe, I like them a tad spicy

Way to go on your workouts and happy to hear you are feeling great!!
Old 01-23-2013, 11:01 AM   #170
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: katsue82
Stats: 182/155/135
Start Date: January 2013
Hi all!! It sounds like everyone is having a fabulous week!! I haven't cheated at all and am feeling great. Actually have been out a couple of times, but drank black coffee and waters at the bar and stayed away from the beer! Took a day off from the workouts yesterday to recover, but tonight I'm upping to Level 2 of Jillian Michaels...woo hoo! Getting close to that Friday weigh-in!! Fingers crossed for a good one! My goal was 4lbs this week...

Jenn: Happy Anniversary and I hope you have a wonderful, wonderful long weekend! I know you will. Congrats on 16 days of no cheats!!!

Diana: So glad you're feeling better! I can't believe your little dog is only 5 lbs. My cat is 17!!! (although she could prob use a little induction in her life as well!!)

Terra: 36 lbs is amazing! So happy for you!
katsue82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:45 AM   #171
Senior LCF Member

Hey everyone! Sorry I wasnt around much yesterday, just spent the day with my boy and didnt get online much...TOM makes me a grumpy butt sometimes

Didnt work out yesterday, I had horrible tummy cramps, and by the time I felt better, DH had to go to work, so I took the day off. Went this morning and did a 40 minute interval walking program that I got offline. It had me going from 1% incline to 8% and then back down, whoa I feel it in my legs! Burned about 430 cals, so I am happy about that.

My hunger is under control now, thank goodness, still trying to stay under 10 carbs a day for right now, but I think I had 15 yesterday. Scale moving in right direction now, but still not back to 270, but close, it was 270.6 this morning. I hope to maybe see 269 tomorrow, but with TOM, who knows?

Jenn- enjoy your weekend away! By the time you see this, I sure hope you had an amazing weekend! Sounds great!

Kat- I hope you reach your goal! Im sure you will! I hear Jillian kicks your booty, but I have also heard great things about the shred DVDs. Do you like it? Like, as in, would you do it for long term? I loved the tae-bo videos back in the day, but thats pretty much the only ones that would keep my interest. Maybe its because I took out some pent up aggression? lol

Diana- I love wings too! You are in good company here I love that little caesars has wings now, because when DH wants a fast pizza, I can also pick up dinner for myself! GREAT job on the workouts too! Glad your hip is feeling better!

Okay, talk soon! Gotta go read DS a book...I love that hes begging me to read him a book. He loves them!
Old 01-24-2013, 02:06 PM   #172
Senior LCF Member

Hi Chels. I hope you're feeling better! Is TOM worse on induction or was it just because mine was delayed due to the diet shock? It was terrible this month!!

I love my JM DVDs...I stuck with them pretty hardcore previously, mostly because they're only about 30 minutes, so the time commitment isn't huge. I also LOVED Tae Bo....I have a set of newer Tae Bo DVDs now, but it's not the same as the old school VHS ones i had in college...i loved those...and my roommate stole them!!

I have another C25K workout tonight...and I am soooooooooooooo not motivated!!!!
Old 01-24-2013, 02:46 PM   #173
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Linda1960
Stats: 246/206.6/145
WOE: JUDDD/(combined with WW-type foods)
Start Date: Highest wt: 246/ Start JUDDD 8/19/2014 @ 209.4
Just doing a drive-by! Working crazy long hours; no time at night to chat.

Still doing my workouts and staying on plan.......but not losing.........stuck at 208. I may try eating half meals, and limiting how much protein I am taking in. Too much protein may be slowing down my loss.

Hope you are all doing good. Did a quick read through all the posts, and it sounds like you are all motivated and keeping focused. Good luck everyone; I will check back when I can!
Linda1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:18 PM   #174
Senior LCF Member

Hey Kat- thanks for the info on the JM DVDs, I dint realize they were only 30 minutes...makes it more appealing now! I was thinking of doing one when I didnt go to the gym on Fridays (since DH goes to work earlier that day.) I might see if the library has a good one to try before I buy. I dont know though if they would have a JM one?

As far as TOM goes, it was horrible the days before with my appetite...like I couldnt get enough, and so far its been fine, no cramps today, just a headache. Sigh, the things we woman have to deal with I did feel like TOM came out of left field this month, I wasnt expecting it so soon. Maybe because of the diet change? Who knows.

Diana- great to see ya! Great to hear you are doing everything right, but I am so sorry you arent losing! I track everything (you probably do too) and I set my settings to show me fat and protein. You might just be in a stall? I hope its starts moving soon, but keep up the great work staying on plan and working out! It will all pay off in the long run! Hope work settles down for you soon

I did pretty well today I think, didnt have much of an appetite so this VLC thing is working for me. I will weigh in tomorrow and see whats going on, but I dont put too much stock in the scale since TOM is here. I did drink tons of water today, so I hope I flushed some fat away! Have a good night ladies!
Old 01-25-2013, 05:26 AM   #175
Senior LCF Member

Morning everyone! Happy Friday!

Saw a new low this morning! Goodbye 270s, Hello 260s! 269.8 this morning...just barely in the 260s but Ill take it! Any loss is good this week as I have flirted with the same 2 lbs and finally LOST! I hope it keeps going down...no workout today, and usually I see a loss when I take a break

Ill post more later, hope you all have a great day!
Old 01-25-2013, 05:59 AM   #176
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
Start Date: 2012
Chelsey - Congratulations on the 260s!!!! You are doing great. Remember, slow and steady is all you really need to hit goal this year. And you're down over 13!!! That's crazy fast! I wanted to mention too that I found tons of JM workout DVDs, including the 30 day shred on Netflix. It's only like $8/month for a subscription in case you want to go that route. We do the instant stream and the disc service - DS has never watched TV since we do the Netflix Kids channel and everything is commercial free.

Linda - Sorry you are so busy. I'm getting pretty busy at work too. I know you said you don't lose until you exercise, so hang in there. Maybe a diet shakeup would be good too? Maybe do a 1-2 day fat fast or calorie cycle or something like that for a few days.

Katsue - I think TOM does seem worse on LC. Isn't estrogen stored in our fat? I always figured it was worse while dieting since we are dumping extra estrogen into our systems.

Robo - Hope you have fun at Disneyland!!!

Pawley - I love wings too! Such a great LC food.

Terra - Hi!! The fat bombs are really pretty good. Rich and fudge like.

Hi everyone. Glad that everyone is plugging along. I'm on a calorie down day and hungry already. Not a great start! I'm trying to set some mini-goals and my first focus is getting into the 230s. I'm hoping to see it by V-day. Right now, I'm hovering around 245. I'm trying to keep reminding myself that slow and steady is the right way for me to keep it off this time. 6 pounds per month is my goal. I ordered a few JM DVDs through netflix and the first one that arrived is the 30 day shred. I'm SURE I won't be able to do it all, but I plan to try a few minutes worth!
AsmallerME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:56 AM   #177
Senior LCF Member

Hi all! I didn't reach my goal this week...was only down 2.5 lbs, but it was still nice to see the 160s and I suppose you can't lose 6 lbs every week, right??

Chelsey and Amber: I'm glad you all are trying out 30 Day Shred. I saw JM DVDs on sale at WalMart for $7.99, so if you decide you like them, there's one place to get a good deal! I really like circuit training and I think it helps that each exercise is only 30 seconds to 1 minute. You feel like you can get through ANYTHING in 30 seconds...although when she starts out with push ups, i want to punch her through the TV Let me know how it goes!!
Old 01-25-2013, 11:46 AM   #178
Senior LCF Member

Amber- I have been trying to convince DH to get Netflix for a long time, since we got rid of cable. DS has always watched just PBS so it wasnt a horrible switch, but I am sure we spend $8 a month in redboxes alone, so its a smart move. I will plead with him again and hopefully I can try it out on there! Hes such a cheapie Glad to see you are doing good with your JUDDD! I think 6 lbs a month is completely doable and at safe rate of weight loss and I am sure you will see the 230s by Valentine's Day!

Kat- Thanks for the suggestion of walmart, if DH doesnt go for it, I will go there. I think a mix up of the treadmill/elliptical and the videos will help. Our bodies like it when we switch things up (well, sometimes!) GREAT job on the 2.5 lbs lady! I know it wasnt goal, but it is a great loss! KUTGW!

Okay, so I have to brag on myself lol. DS and I spent a DS/Mommy date day and we went out to eat and went shopping (mostly just browsed the toy aisle ) Anyway, while out at Texas Roadhouse, I not only didnt even try to taste the rolls (and I didnt even crave them!), I also dissected the menu and its so funny what you might not have noticed! I went with the oven baked chicken (0 carbs!!) and a side of green beans (3 carbs!) and a side salad with ranch, no egg, no croutons (2 carbs!) all per their website. So I got an awesome meal, for only 5 carbs. I am so proud of myself

Now the next challenge is my birthday. Its on the 29th and we dont have anything planned really, just a normal day, but MIL usually brings pizza and cake, and I know I can eat the toppings, but I dont want to cave on the cake. I thought about allowing myself a cupcake, but really, I will have more birthdays and my diet is more important. I also dont need another week of playing catch up when I have a competition on the line So, what do I do? I am thinking no cheating.

Hope everyone else is well!
Old 01-25-2013, 01:47 PM   #179
Senior LCF Member

Love Texas Roadhouse!!! GREAT GREAT GREAT job on the menu!!! Not to get off subject, but is anything wrong with eggs...I've been eating about two a day??

And on the cake...does MIL bake or buy? If she bakes, you should request a low carb cheesecake or something? I would say it's your birthday and to "treat" yourself...but I know me and one cheat leads to another...besides..you're in it to win it with your gym competition!!
Old 01-25-2013, 02:22 PM   #180
Senior LCF Member

Kat- nothing wrong on eggs on your end, I am just allergic to them. Eggs are a great low carb food! Wish I could eat them! They make my lips swell, not a pretty sight

My MIL is baking it, but you know, I think thats a great idea! Ill ask her to make DH one (our birthday is the same day...but he'll always be the old man, as he is 4 years older lol), so she can make his, and I will just make myself a LC cheesecake. Maybe Ill use strawberries as my "cheat" Thanks...I love that idea!!