Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2013, 06:47 AM   #91
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 8/18/14
Hey everyone!! Welcome to all the new people!

My birthday weekend was a lot of fun. I stuck to plan, except with the addition of one or two drinks, and felt great about that. I took a long walk both Sat and Sunday. I'll eventually start that C25K program, but not yet. So make sure everyone posts their progress and how they feel so we can follow along and get pumped to do it too.

I can't write personals to everyone, but here were a few things I wanted to say.

Terra - OMG!!! Welcome to ONE-DERLAND!!!! I'm so excited for you!!!

Chels - great pics!! You and your son always look so great in those self-portrait pics. He has a great smile!

KatSue - making food ahead of time is the #1 key to success, in my opinion. When losing successfully, I made a few things every Sunday and tried to freeze a portion or two from each batch. Then I always had grab and go frozen meals for when I was super busy or lazy.

Mandy - we all make mistakes. With Mexican food, try the fajitas and ask for a bowl of lettuce in place of the tortillas. Then when they bring the food, I place the meat/veggies/toppings all on the lettuce and have a giant fajita salad. You can even pour queso or salsa on top of it so you feel like you are partaking in that part of the meal too.

Jamie - Please post your program as you go for running from 0-13 miles in 14 weeks. That sounds right up my ally. I plan to do a 1/2 in November and a 5k (probably) in June.

Hi to everyone else. Keep up the great work. Everyone sounds super motivated right now and it sounds like almost everyone is exercising too. That's awesome!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2013, 07:51 AM   #92
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: chelseybelle27
Stats: 300.3/274.2/healthy :)
WOE: Extended Induction
Start Date: 08-25-14
Amber- Awesome job on the weekend! Glad you had a very happy birthday! I love your suggestion of the salad...never thought of that! I will do that myself!

I didnt start the c25k today, I think maybe next week....I want to get a good week in to solidify my workouts. I found out my gym is doing a biggest loser competition, I plan to join! The winner gets a free 1 year membership, and even if you dont win, whoever reaches their goal gets their entry fee back. I think Ill shoot for 24 lbs in the 12 weeks...I think I can do it?

Weight this am...273.2! Keeping on plan feels great! Also worked out last night and this morning, and plan to do mon-thurs, off friday, workout saturday, off sunday. 40-45 minutes each time. Feels like a good plan

Well, internet locked in 10 minutes...better get my FB in Talk later...have a GREAT day!

Goal #1: 265.0 (Back to where I was last year!)
Goal #2: 240.0 (Back to where I was 2 years ago, seeing a trend )
Goal #3: 215.0 (Almost there!)
Goal #4: 195.0 (GOOOOOAAAAL!)
chelseybelle27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:57 AM   #93
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Skinnurse
Stats: 235/.../175
WOE: LC..ACE
Start Date: 01/07/2013
That sounds like a fabulous Idea Amber, thanks!! I love this mexican place it's amazing and everything is fresh made there and the kids meals are so healthy. the only thing fried they offer kids is french fries, everything else is fresh and light. Considering my downfall I am only up 1.5 on the scale but a lot I know is sodium because my fingers feel like sausages.

After one week on induction im down 5lbs which is fine, ill take it
Skinnurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:04 AM   #94
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: katsue82
Stats: 182/155/135
Start Date: January 2013
Mandy: Congrats on the 5lbs!! And I just noticed you're in San Antonio, where I've had some of the best Mexican food EVER! YUM.

Chelsey: I brought clothes to work with me today to start the C25K over lunch...but the 27 degree temps have me thinking otherwise!! I may just wait and do my Jillian tape tonight in the warmth of my house!!!

Amber: Happy belated bday!! So glad that you had a good one and stayed on track!!

Happy Monday (if there is such a thing!) and looking forward to a great week!!
katsue82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:41 AM   #95
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Skinnurse
Stats: 235/.../175
WOE: LC..ACE
Start Date: 01/07/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by katsue82 View Post
Mandy: Congrats on the 5lbs!! And I just noticed you're in San Antonio, where I've had some of the best Mexican food EVER! YUM.

Chelsey: I brought clothes to work with me today to start the C25K over lunch...but the 27 degree temps have me thinking otherwise!! I may just wait and do my Jillian tape tonight in the warmth of my house!!!

Amber: Happy belated bday!! So glad that you had a good one and stayed on track!!

Happy Monday (if there is such a thing!) and looking forward to a great week!!
Thank you, yes the mexican food here is Ah-Maz-ing this my downfall lol!
Skinnurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:51 AM   #96
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: pawleys14
Stats: 305/277.8/175
Start Date: restarting August 11, 2013
Chelsey - loved your photos... and the one with you and DS... just sooo cute

Amber - so glad that your birthday weekend was great..... and your idea on the fajitas w/lettuce....... I will get that... for I adore Mexican food.....

just got off the phone with my son Matthew and my grandson Derek... Derek is 4 years old today.... and he was telling me what they were having at his birthday dinner.... chicken wings and pizza... he will be in heaven

had one egg, bacon and sausage for breakfast...

going to go my WA at 12:30pm...... for lunch do not know yet...

everyone have a great day...

Proud Grandma to Kyle and Derek - the loves of my life.... granddaughter Abigail (Abby)

May today there be peace within you. May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.
pawleys14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:16 AM   #97
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Robofitz
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 1/7/13
Happy Monday ladies!! I hope everyone had a great weekend

Pawleys14 – Thanks for the welcome!!

Katsue82 – I’m really sorry to hear you’re going through a breakup hun It’s a tough time but we are all here for you. You are so beautiful and strong, you will get through it. Do you feel like this break up is going to hinder you staying on plan? If so come here more for support, we will all help you get through this. Big Hugs to you on another note great job staying on plan this weekend.

Terra – woo hoo for 199!! That is awesome news!!

Jean – Way to go on 12 straight days at the gym…you must be feeling great and strong!

Mandy – sorry to hear you feel off plan but we all have moments of weakness. Its all about how you recover from it and get back on plan. Hope you’re not still feeling too bloated.

Chelsey – way to kick temptation in the rear!! I have such a hard time when going out to dinner…I always want to nibble on boyfriends fries. Really great to hear you stayed focus!

Amber – Happy birthday and great to hear you had a great birthday weekend.
Robofitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:22 AM   #98
Senior LCF Member

Sorry for not posting this weekend but I am always out and pretty busy on the weekends so for the most part I am a weekday poster.

I stayed on plan this weekend and didnt give in to any temptation. Hardest part was the birthday party I went to yesterday...there was tons of great food and CAKE, ugh cake is such a weakness for me but I managed to stay away from it. Boyfriend even offered me a nibble of his and I turned it down!! The only bad thing I did was snacked on a handful of almonds, i know I am not allowed nuts until after induction but I was starving before leaving for dinner and it was either that or pita chips so I had no choice. Anyway ladies how everyone is ready for another great week!!

Today menu
B - Turkeyroni with 2 babybel cheese' (I was running late this morning)
L - will be chicken ceaser salad
D - Left over ribs with mixed steamed veggies
Workout - 45minute circuit weight training making sure my heart rate stayed at 140 or higher the whole time
Old 01-14-2013, 10:43 AM   #99
Senior LCF Member

Hi Jenn! Glad you had a great weekend and thank you for the kind words He and I are going to get together sometime this week and re-evaluate...so I don't think it's the end of the world. Staying busy and focused regardless!

Awesome job on saying no to the cake temptation!!

I really want to weigh and see how I'm doing, but the battery in my scale went dead over the weekend. Prob a blessing as I'm a compulsive weigher and tend to weigh multiple times a day when I'm on a diet just to see...hahhaa
Old 01-14-2013, 11:02 AM   #100
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Katsue! It was tough saying no to cake but this morning I feel great for it

That is good to hear you are doing good and getting together for a re-evaluation of the relationship. Not to get all about me on this or anything but my last boyfriend and I were together for 4 1/2 years, when we broke up I was so heart broken, felt like someone had died and I felt helpless. After I had let a couple weeks pass we decided to meet up for dinner and do the same, sort of evaluate the relationship. I was surprised that when the time came to meet up with him (although still sad about the breakup) I was stronger and willing to move on if he was willing to work on things. This is a good time to really think about what you actually want out of your relationship and look at the reasons why it ended in a break up. If its not worth it and you feel like you are compromising your needs, then move on. Easier said then done I know but in the long run you will look back and thank yourself for it. I am in the most amazing relationship now and never thought I could be so happy, my ex was totally wrong for me. This isnt to say that you both cant make it work and obviously I dont know your situation, but often times I see too many of my girlfriends just going back into the relationship, just to fall in the same unhappy cycle. Just remember if it turns out that you do both do agree to indeed end the relationship, you will move on from it and grow<3 I will send positive thoughts your way girl and hope you get what your little heart desires
Old 01-14-2013, 05:47 PM   #101
Blabbermouth!!!

Robo - great for staying on plan...

well, as the day went on.... my left side was acting up... when I sat for a while..and then tried to get up hurt.... and I know it is because I have been doing alot of my WA...... but finally I got up and at 6pm I went and did 40 min of my WA..... and I feel better... we will see what tomorrow brings.

plus.... I had to talk myself out of getting a roast beef sandwich at Subway... I am really not a sandwich person, but I do like the RB at subway... last time I had one was about 4 months ago.... and I think that it was because I was not feeling great that I wanted it...... but I stayed tough...

today I had:
B - sausage, bacon and one egg
L - porkchop and radishes
D - when I got home after WA then I was not hungry, but I am now eating some SF jello and cool whip... being at it is later in the evening just do not want to cook anthing..... will be drinking alot of water the rest of the night...
Old 01-15-2013, 07:03 AM   #102
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robofitz View Post
Sorry for not posting this weekend but I am always out and pretty busy on the weekends so for the most part I am a weekday poster.

I stayed on plan this weekend and didnt give in to any temptation. Hardest part was the birthday party I went to yesterday...there was tons of great food and CAKE, ugh cake is such a weakness for me but I managed to stay away from it. Boyfriend even offered me a nibble of his and I turned it down!! The only bad thing I did was snacked on a handful of almonds, i know I am not allowed nuts until after induction but I was starving before leaving for dinner and it was either that or pita chips so I had no choice. Anyway ladies how everyone is ready for another great week!!

Today menu
B - Turkeyroni with 2 babybel cheese' (I was running late this morning)
L - will be chicken ceaser salad
D - Left over ribs with mixed steamed veggies
Workout - 45minute circuit weight training making sure my heart rate stayed at 140 or higher the whole time
GREAT job on turning away the cake! I dont follow the induction rules to a T since I plan to stay on induction until most of my weight is gone, so I think almonds are perfectly acceptable, especially if the prevented you from eating off plan food! Good job!
Old 01-15-2013, 07:11 AM   #103
Major LCF Poster!

Hey everyone! Happy Tuesday!

Day went okay yesterday, never cheated, but I was SOOOO hungry! I think it must be the gym, sure hope it subsides soon. I think I need to up my fat today and see where that gets me. I probably had about 25 carbs yesterday (which I dont think is horrible when working out), but I will keep it under 20 today and eat lots of yummy stuff (I'll probably skimp on the veggies and pile on the protein)

Weight was up 0.4 today, not concerned, with the gym and the overeating LC foods yesterday. Didnt have one sip of Diet Coke yesterday and drank well over 150 oz of water. I did stop today after the gym to get a diet soda, but I figure a few times a week would be okay. Anyway, went to the gym for 3 days now in a row, will go tomorrow and Thursday and be off Friday. DS is dying to go swimming in the YMCAs pool after bball (they have a cool kids area), so I might count that as exercise?

I started "preschool" with my son yesterday...just an hour or so of learning, since he was watching too much TV! We learned all about apples and today its alligators....can you guess the letter of the week? A! Hes also learning to write his letter and some very basic math, and he did great yesterday! I was so proud of him! I figured I would use my extra time to do something!

Well, talk to you all tonight! Have a great day!
Old 01-15-2013, 08:20 AM   #104
Senior LCF Member

Good morning, all!!

I just love checking in and seeing what everyone is up to! So glad I joined

Got the "speech" this morning at work as I was heating up my sausage balls...how unhealthy it is...how I need fruit...blah blah blah..

Did my first Couch to 5K run yesterday...it was FREEZING but made it through! I've worked out every day now thus far!

Yesterday I had:

B: scrambled eggs, 3 strips bacon, 2 cups of black coffee
L: chicken salad on oopsie roll
D: bacon burger with loaded "potatoes"
S: "cheese itz" (1 Diet Mt Dew

Today I'm having:

B: 5 small sausage balls and hard boiled egg, black coffee
L: salad with leftover buffalo chicken bites and bleu cheese
D: Something interesting with ground beef (it's already thawed)
Old 01-15-2013, 09:18 AM   #105
Senior LCF Member

Good morning everyone! Great job on everyone staying on plan Well day 9 for me on induction and so far so good. I am finally at the point were I am not really craving anything sweet. I'm finding that even just a small snack is helping with hunger. I measured yesterday and am down a 1/2 inch in my waist, slight change in my thighs and no change in my arms but I will take the 1/2 inch in the waist!! I am amazed at the energy that I have.

Pawleys - your menu looks great! Way to go on talking yourself out of subway What is "WA"? Is that a workout of some sort? Sorry if that is a silly question.

Chelsey - that is wonderful that you are sticking to your workouts, your menu looks great as well. Last week I had a couple really great workout days and I noticed I was starving as well. One thing that really helped for me...i made some green tea and put a tea spoon of virgin coconut oil in it. Not sure if you have tried coconut oil yet but it works wonders for my hunger. I love it but I know that some arent to keen on coconut. Your son sounds adorable!!

Katsue - way to go on your run and your workouts. Just wait until people around you start seeing your results, that will quite them up!

Today menu
B - had some left over rib meat, coffee with hwc
L - will be Trader Joes greek salad
D - will be salmon and small side salad with greek feta dressing
S - Turkeyroni
Tons of water today
Workout - 45minutes on treadmill, keeping heart rate between 145-160 the whole time.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:53 AM   #106
Blabbermouth!!!

Robo - WA is my wqter aerobics... just wanted to shorten writing it and I did one hour WA today..... warm water felt soooo good..... and great job on being down 1/2 inch on your waist.....

Katsue - great job on your workout........ keep it up and your sausage balls sound

Chelsey - great news on having a "preschool" for your DS.... you and your DS will learn sooo much... and it will be fun doing it together.......

going to the store and get some more chicken wings... to make my Heron chicken wings...... I really love them... easy to fix... and such low carbs......
and will get some fresh green beans.... adore green beans.....

our weather is still in the low 70's love it.... but it will change come Thursday... but I will take any good weather when it comes here....
Old 01-15-2013, 10:44 AM   #107
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Terra2721
Stats: 232/164/150
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: restart 9/17/2012
Hi all, just popping in quickly to say hello. Hope everyone's week is off to a great start. I weighed in yesterday on the "official" scale and it read 199....so it is official, I am in onderland. Next Monday will mark 4 months on induction and it looks like I could be down 35+lbs. I am also very happy that I am finally able to wear my pre-pregnancy fat pants without inflicting any internal organ damage or having to contort myself to get the button closed.
Terra2721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:05 PM   #108
Senior LCF Member

Terra, congrats on it being official!! 35lbs is amazing!

And Jenn, congrats on the 1/2 inch! So happy for you!!
Old 01-16-2013, 09:39 AM   #109
Senior LCF Member

Happy Wednesday everyone...i hope everyone has a great hump day!

So yesterday I stayed on track again but boy was it a tough night last night. After a yummy dinner that BF and I made together, I was craving something sweet like crazy. I had some wipcream in the fridge and I literally ate a little out of the can since it was the only thing sweet that was very low carb in the house. I really need to either learn how to bake some LC goodies or find some sweet LC snacks to keep in the house. Either way I made to through to start day 10 of induction.

todays menu
B - 2eggs, 1 egg white, soyrizo, cheese, coffee with HWC
L - will be trader joes greek salad
D - Baked chicken with garlic cauliflower & broccoli
S - babybel cheese
Tons of water
Workout - will be 45minutes circuit training with weights, keeping heart rate at 140 to 155 the whole time.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:44 AM   #110
Major LCF Poster!

Terra- congrats on the official weigh in! So proud of you girl! Keep it up!

Diana- I need to get some chicken wings, I hear they are great in the slow cooker!

Jenn- I also went through a day a couple of days ago where I just wanted something sweet, and nothing was sufficing. I think its that last craving making its way out Glad you made it through it! I always have something on hand (SF pudding, SF jello, cool whip, atkins bars). Sometimes, none of those sound appealing and I know its just my mind talking, not my hunger!

I saw 272.0 on the scale this morning, which means 11.2 lbs lost in 11 days! I have a weigh in on Friday for a challenge and I hope to see 270 even if its a 270 point something! I didnt make it to the gym this morning since it was sooo icy, but I plan to go when DH gets home this evening. It will be around 8, so I hope the gym isnt so busy! I can really tell the difference today, I usually feel full of energy during the day, but today I feel sluggish. I like working out in the morning, gives me a boost (never thought Id say that!)

Hope everyone is having a great day! (Amber...come back, I miss you!)
Old 01-16-2013, 11:17 AM   #111
Senior LCF Member

Good Wednesday morning, girls!

Chelsey, that's great!! My weigh in will be Friday morning so I hope I've done well for the week!! I didn't even drink my Diet Mt. Dew yesterday

Today's menu:

B: 2 scrambled eggs and 2 sausage balls
L: Salad with egg, bacon and BC dressing
D: Chicken and broccoli stir fry

I'm kind of "over" eggs for breakfast. Thinking of maybe trying to do some sort of crepe with the oopsie rolls? Not sure.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:29 PM   #112
Major LCF Poster!

Kat- awesome job on the no diet soda yesterday! I havent had one today, so far! I got a polar pop (you probably know what that is, I dont know if thats a regional thing?) yesterday, and I only drank half of it, and the other half (all watered down) is in my fridge. I really have no temptation there...maybe I am kicking the diet soda bug after all?!

OMG ladies, I almost had a moment and cheated DS is resisting a nap today, and without my exercise this morning, I have been a total slug all day. I was (still am!) so tired, I just wanted him to snuggle up with me in my bed and take a nap, but no way, not having it! After a hour struggle, I gave up, exhausted and frustrated, and now hes watching Arthur while I take a mommy time out. Have I mentioned how strong willed (albeit very sweet) my little boy is? Sigh, so much for terrible 2s...it lasts much longer Anyway, I did scarf down 2tbsp of peanut butter, but I will add them to carb count, and some bacon. I was hungry, but it was mostly out of stress. Need to stop that, but at least I made it LC so I succeeded! I still want a nap
Old 01-16-2013, 04:35 PM   #113
Blabbermouth!!!

today four of us when to our local Thai restaurant....... and I usually get the Pad Thai - and that is hold on to your seats........ full order is 124 carbs...:stars: and that is without the salad and the spring roll... so had to find something else.... I checked it out on-line and I got the Mexican Sushi roll... and a cup of clear chicken broth... well... it was 20 carbs... so I will be going over my 20 carb limit today... but will have some Heron chicken wings, and some cabbage for dinner.... and will work out like crazy tomorrow.....

we do not go to the Thai restaurant alot... thanks goodness......

and tomorow will eat really clean......

did get up at 6:30am this morning and went and did one hour of my WA... so hope that that helps.......
Old 01-16-2013, 06:09 PM   #114
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Terra2721
Stats: 232/164/150
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: restart 9/17/2012
Chelsey- Congrats on the loss and holding out on a big cheat. Believe me I have been in the same situation....my little guy is one bull headed strong willed little bugger and when he pushes my buttons all I want is something chocolate covered and quick.

Katsue-Great job on the diet soda (I have 1 diet pepsi at lunch each day and had no ill effects to my losing or to triggering cravings). Good luck on your weigh in Friday.

Jenn- I used to get really bad sugar cravings (I truly think I was addicted to sugar) and I had to stop cold turkey L-Glutamine capsules cracked open and dumped under my tongue were a HUGE help in detoxing from the sugar....so was upping my fat intake.

Pawley-Great adjustment with your lunch!

As for me, I will weigh in again on Friday hoping to see something close to 197 (which would make me 35 lbs down). Monday will mark 4 months since my restart and I am really optimistic that I can meet my dream goal weight of 150.
Terra2721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:35 PM   #115
Major LCF Poster!

Hey everyone! Went to the gym, feels better to get some stress out...today was stressful! Sorry Terra that you have to feel my pain, little boys are for sure bull headed, but soooo sweet too. Makes it all better.

So sleepy, going to watch CSI and off to bed I go. Going to try the gym in the morning too, so I can start tomorrow right and get it out of the way! Talk tomorrow...have a great night!
Old 01-17-2013, 05:05 AM   #116
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Linda1960
Stats: 246/195/145
WOE: JUDDD/(combined with WW-type foods)
Start Date: Highest wt: 246/ Start JUDDD 8/18/2014 @ 209.8
Hi Everyone! So sorry I haven't logged into this thread in a few days.

I caught a real bad cold/illness over the weekend and was layed up through the whole weekend. I haven't been able to take a day off and recuperate because work has been so stressful, and so crazy, that I have been working 13-14 hour days all week. I barely have time when I get home to eat dinner, shower and go to bed so that I can get right back up at 4 am and start all over again. And to make matters worse, I have been going through menopause for many years now, and my insomnia kicked back in last night. I took some nighttime nyquil .............and it did NOTHING! I sat up all night exhausted and unable to sleep, so.....I watched 2 movies and 2 episodes of Castle.....and then came right to work this morning. So I'm shot! (I can't wait to retire.......I have 35 years in........so I now have 2 years, 3 months, and 29 days to retirement..........but who's counting!) lol!

I have allot of reading to catch up on with all of you when I get the chance.....but a couple of things popped out at me:

Terra: Congratulations on entering Onederland! That is fantastic! I cannot wait to get there someday! You should be proud of all your hard work and efforts! What an inspiration you are! Congrats and be proud!

Amber: Happy Belated Birthday! And congratulations on being so good over the weekend, and sticking to plan! That's great!

Diana: I live in Buffalo, (which is the chicken wing capitol!!!!!) but I'm not sure what Heron Wings are. Would you be kind enough to post your slow cooker recipe for us all? They sound delicious!

The scale hasn't moved for me..........but then again...........I didn't expect it to! When I DON'T work out..........I DON't lose weight! It's as simple as that; no matter HOW good I am on plan, I will not lose without working out! So, with that said.......I've been sick all week and working such long hours, that there isn't enough time or energy in my day to do anything when I get home at night! So, I will have to suck it up, and accept the fact that I need to get healthy and strong again before I can get back on track with my work outs! Then I will jump right back up and get moving with all of you!

Yesterday's Menu:
B - 1 Scrambled Egg with Cheese, 3 sl. bacon, several cups coffee w/HC & Splenda
S - 1 Hard Boiled Egg
L - Chicken Souvlaki Salad with Feta Cheese, Greek Oil Dressing, Dill Dip
D - 6 oz. Ribeye Steak (grilled), Roasted Asparagus topped with butter and parmesan cheese
S - decaf coffee with HC & Splenda

Today's Menu:
B - Ham & Cheese Omelette, Sausage Links, several coffees with HC & Splenda
S - Atkins Shake
L - some sort of protein/ salad
D - some sort of protein/ veggie
S- decaf coffee, mini cheesecake (if needed)

I hope you all have a great day. I will try to post when I can in between my crazy schedule! I can't wait to get back to normal and feeling good!

1998 - 246 lbs.-Highest weight Pre-Atkins. Lost 70 lbs on Atkins, and kept it off for years. Then gained some back (225) when I stopped doing low-carb. Did WW (225 - 209.8)/Started JUDDD 8/18/14 @ 209.8 lbs!

Last edited by Linda1960; 01-17-2013 at 05:33 AM..
Linda1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:09 AM   #117
Blabbermouth!!!

Linda - sorry to hear that you have been sick and can not sleep....you take care....

Heron Chicken Wings

Ingredients
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

24 chicken wing drumettes (about 2-1/2 lb/1 kg)
1 cup grated Parmesan
2 tbsp dried parsley
1 tbsp dried leaf oregano
2 tsp paprika
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
About 1/3 cup melted butter

How to make it
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First, preheat the oven to 350°F.
Cut the wings up into "drummettes". (Freeze the pointy "tips" for soup -- they make great broth!)
Then combine the grated cheese and the seasonings. Line a shallow baking pan with foil. (Do not omit this step, or you'll still be scrubbing the pan for days!)
Melt the butter in a shallow bowl or pan.
Dip each "drummette" in butter, roll in the seasoned cheese, and arrange in the foil lined pan. Bake for 30-45 minutes at 350°F.
Then ... kick yourself that you didn't make a double recipe!!

so simple and sooooo oh course with it just being me... I do not cook as many wings...... just enough for my dinner.... and I just count it as 2 carbs..... just so good... I make mine in my NuWave oven...... y'all should try them... I do think that you will love them....

got up at 6:30am and went and did 55 min of WA.... water was great ... and I had the pool to myself for almost 30min.... I like that...... and I dropped one pound... so even with the Mexican sushi roll yesterday.... I planned well....
now to get ready and go see the movie "Lincoln" with a friend....

hope that everyone has a great day....
Old 01-17-2013, 07:21 AM   #118
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
Start Date: 8/18/14
Hey everyone! Sounds like everyone is doing great. I am at the end of one week of adding back in carbs to my diet and so far so good. I'm not sure yet if I've gained or lost or what, but I'm giving myself another week to see how I do before deciding. It's hard posting here as much since I can't put in my food and since I'm in a limbo of sorts with WL. You are all doing so great though that it makes me question trying something else. At least I know if I need to restart LC, there is a great group of really SUCCESSFUL people here doing great!! I'll keep posting though for as long as you will take me.

Linda - I hope you feel better. Your menu looks great, so once you add in the exercise I know you'll see some great movement on the scale.

Chelsey - that wasn't a "cheat" at all. You are doing GREAT with your WL!! I feel your pain on the stubbornness of your son. Sometimes I wonder if it's normal for my child to already be so difiant and sneaky. He says things like, "Can I have candy for breakfast? Daddy isn't here." Or "Daddy said I can have two straws in my yogurt." When those aren't true statements. It's a fun job, but it's a tough job.

Terra - I have no doubt you'll hit your goal weight. You are doing great and doing so even without a WL challenge!! Congrats on being officially in one-derland!!

Pawley - Good job with the choice at the restaurant!! 40 carbs total is much better than 140. I'm sure the WA helped immensely!

Katsue - I burn out on eggs fast too. Some ideas that I enjoy for breakfast include: salami w/ cream cheese; cream cheese muffins; chicken salad (just chicken, mayo, SF relish); coffee w/ extra cream or protein shake; heated up leftovers; etc. Even sometimes just changing the egg works - egg quiches premade with lots of veggies are good choices.

Robo - This probably isn't the best choice, but heavy cream w/ water and instant SF pudding all whipped together makes the best, most decadent moose. A more reasonable sweet option is a mock danish with some cocoa mixed in. But whipped cream from a can is always a lifesaver too. Yum!!
AsmallerME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:05 AM   #119
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning everyone!

Linda- sorry you are sick! I hope you feel better soon! Sorry you have to work the crazy hours right now, hope you are able to get some rest to get rid of the bug!

Diana- So happy you lost a pound after the restuarant trip! You made a great choice with what you had offered! Great job!

Amber- Welcome back! Missed ya! Keep on posting, want to keep up to date with your progress. With DS, he is so hot and cold! One minute hes a perfect angel, the next hes a stubborn little snot I guess thats being 3 and all! At least the good times out weigh the bad

Got the gym in this morning, 45 minutes on treadmill. Did 45 on the ellipitical last night and boy, I was sore this morning! Up a little on the scale today, but thats okay, I know it has to be the muscle involvement. Hope to see some sort of whoosh tomorrow

Have a great day everyone!

B: none, IFing it
L: leftover Linda Sue meatballs (1 carb), side salad with ranch (4 carbs)
D: BBQ chicken (walden farms, crock pot) (0 carbs), on top of a big salad, ranch (8 carbs), bacon bits (0 carbs), cheese (1 carb)
S: Atkins creamy chocolate shake (3 carbs)

Total: 17 carbs...may add in a cheese stick if needed, so 18 carbs.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:15 AM   #120
Senior LCF Member

Hi all!!

Hope you feel better, Linda! I too count down my days to retirement, although I think I have 35 years left unless a rich husband comes along

Diana: Those wings do sound great! May have to make up a batch (or two) over the weekend!

Amber: Thank you for the suggestions! What are these cream cheese muffins?? They sound good at least! Induction friendly?

Chels: Way to work it out girl! That's great. I was supposed to do Day 2 of my C25K yesterday, but I did something silly to my knee. I did circuits last night instead, but am definitely going to try to get in Day 2 today!