Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2013, 02:21 PM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: katsue82
Stats: 182/155/135
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2013
Thanks, ladies! My parents did Atkins when I lived at home and I know we always had a ton of diet coke around...but a lot of things I read warn against it. I'll treat myself to one a day for now and see how it goes.
katsue82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2013, 02:26 PM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Robofitz
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 1/7/13
Chelsey - Thank you! I agree, it makes it a lot easier when you have a support system and thanks for the welcome.

A little about me...I’m 33years old with no kids but I do have a furry baby and a great boyfriend that I share a home with. I actually lost a little over 100lbs a few years ago by working out and watching calories but I just couldn’t sustain the low calories in order to continue losing or maintaining. My highest weight was 265 and my lowest weight was 155 @ 5’10. If I had to guess, I’m now somewhere between 190-220lbs. I refuse to weigh myself because I get really depressed by the #’s on the scale so I measure instead and that works best for me. I’m currently a size 16 and would like to be a healthy size 10…8 would be wonderful but I’m tall and curvy and not sure that a size 8 would look too healthy on me. I work out 4-5days a week and today is my 5th day on low carb induction…I’m already feeling a ton of energy and loving this way of eating. I look forward to meeting you all and helping challenge one another to stay focused and on track. I want us all to feel beautiful and full of life, ready to face whatever physical challenges life throws our way!!

Diet for today
B- 3scrambled eggs, 2slice bacon and a little cheese
S- babybel cheese
L – Cesar salad with just lettuce, parmesan cheese and dressing
D – will most likely be either wings or a burger wrapped in lettuce (my favorite)
Workout – 30minute on elliptical and 15minutes on treadmill and an incline (my heart rate was between 140-160 the whole time)

Woo hoo to staying on plan over the weekend!! Weekends are always a killer for me but this weekend I will persevere and stay on plan. I will worry about Monday when it comes…its all about baby steps
Robofitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:31 PM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Hi Jenn! I'm just starting as well, although you have a few days on me! Weekends will be rough..especially with the NFL playoffs on. I'm used to "football food" and Miller Lite! I'd like to get back to an 8-10. Currently around a 14.

I've never done an online support system. Thinking that what may have been missing from my past failures!
Old 01-11-2013, 02:47 PM   #64
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Robofitz
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 1/7/13
Hi Katsue!! I hear ya on the "football food"...I love my cocktails, wine and Sunday Funday with a mimosa or two but this weekend we shall over come and stay focused! I actually feel pretty focused right now and am confident that WE will not give into temptation. My weakness is french fries and pizza but this weekend my weakness will be be bacon, bacon, BACON I think the online support is very helpful...its nice not feeling alone and also being able bounce questions and successes off of one another.

Your question about diet soda...I'm not sure about anyone else but I think its best to stay away from it for now. I had a diet dr pepper on Tuesday (LOVE.DIET.DR.PEPPER) and after I drank it I was craving everything!!! I blame it on the Dr...I think after induction i will allow myself one as a treat and see how it effects my cravings then. It might be different for you but I would say just stay away from it until your finished with induction
Robofitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:07 PM   #65
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jeannecgo
Stats: 281/259/245/236/233/226/218/213/210180
Start Date: Feb 2012
It is so great to see all the new faces! I know we are going to fight to make sure that we are not "resolution casualties."

I joined the last thread in February of last year. I weighed 281 and I was still packing on the pounds. My turning point came when a size 22w suit I ordered arrived and I couldn't pull it up past my mid-thigh. I was so frustrated! At my heaviest I weighed 327, that was in 2004. I had gotten down to about 220 in 2005. Then went back up to 285 in 2008, went low carb and got down to 200. Last Feb. I was back up to 281. And as of this Jan 1 I weigh 205 (I am a once a month weigh-in gal).

Like everybody, I have my challenges: I manage a branch of state Goverment so I travel a lot for my job. I have an awesome BF but he doesn't have a weight problem....well, maybe he could lose 15 pounds....so I don't talk to him much about my weight...plus, I am super sensitive! I socialize a lot, going to fundraisers, meetings and employee get togethers. That often involves food and drink...and moderation isn't a strong suit of mine. I am 50 years old and I know I need to make permanent changes now, before it's too late.

When I am doing my best, I am staying under 40 carbs, about 1,000 calories and working out everyday. I have been mostly good on calories this year and I have worked out everyday but I do have carb-creep. I need to work on that next week.

Anyway, it's nice to meet so many faces.....let's make 2013 our year!
Jeannecgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:29 PM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CaughtULokN2
Stats: 225.8/ 225 / 175 or less
WOE: Low carbing it / Atkins
Start Date: 01/19/11 - Restarting 1/20/2014 @ 225
Hey all!

Been a super busy week for me. New position, new headaches, new outline, and new things to learn. Yeah for me!

I have been so busy (not an excuse) I forget to drink my water. Of course I am slowly getting back on track.

Happy almost weekend to all!
CaughtULokN2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:44 PM   #67
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: pawleys14
Stats: 305/277.8/175
Start Date: restarting August 11, 2013
to Kalsue - Jenn and Robofitz.... so glad to have y'all on board.

Terri - I found the LC ketchup at Piggly Wiggly today... and got two of them.... now I can not wait to make my own cocktail sauce.... hope that you DS will start feeling better soon..... I know that people are so scared of this flu...... good thoughs going up for your DS

Chelsey - glad that you had such a great time with your own personal trainer..little kids can sure wear ya out...

had the best dinner this evening.:
steamed fresh green beans
slices of cucumber
and Heron chicken wings.... I so do love these things... so good.... cooked them in my NuWave oven...... wow and my meal was sooooo LC...

second day under 20 carbs... I just have to plan my meals and I know that I will be able to keep this up.... and with all the support of y'all

as for diet soda... I stopped drinking it about three weeks ago... was not a big soda drinker, but would have one in the evening... but now I am drinking as much water as I can......

everyone have a great evening.....

Proud Grandma to Kyle and Derek - the loves of my life.... granddaughter Abigail (Abby)

May today there be peace within you. May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.
pawleys14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:49 PM   #68
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Skinnurse
Stats: 235/.../175
WOE: LC..ACE
Start Date: 01/07/2013
Ugh so thankful for the weekend. im wiped.!

meals today were
B: nothing was busy
L quarter pounder with cheese (no other stuff and fluff)
D zucchini stuffed with sausage, homemade sauce and some mozzerella
S pork rinds
Skinnurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:15 PM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pmartin6618
Stats: 293.4/282/140 (or 130)
WOE: low carb/Atkins/etc./Induction long-term
Start Date: 06/01/12 lowcarb (20-net CARBS DAILY) st.wt.290
I'm back too!

I'm finally back. I wanted to introduce myself to the group. I'm Patricia and have been a part of LCF for many many years. Back in 2004 I lost 90-pounds went from 261 to 171 and felt great. My first 40-pounds was just cutting back and walking on the treadmill every day. The rest (50-pounds) came off by doing Atkins (low carbs).

I started back exercising in early December 2012 and have lost about 9-pounds, but really haven't started back on lowcarbing as of yet. I plan on starting back on low carb eating on Monday, 1-14-13. I felt I needed to once again get myself use to exercising daily again. I have achieved that goal. Since December 2, 2012, I have not missed a day of exercising at least 35-minutes each day. Doing walk away the pounds CDs or walking on my treadmill. I track my calorie burn and try to not worry to much about what I'm eating. I lost 9-pounds, but want to now transition over to lowcarbing again.

I'm feeling ok about this transition, because I feel healthier already because I'm now use to exercising daily and drinking my water (64 oz. daily). Now I'm ready to really cope with my way of eating... Low carb is the only diet plan that has not only worked for me, but satisfied me at the same time.

I'm hoping we all are successful this year not only with our healthy lifestyle, but in all aspects of life this year and many many more years to come.

God Bless.

Last edited by pmartin6618; 01-11-2013 at 08:16 PM..
pmartin6618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:45 PM   #70
Senior LCF Member

Welcome and good luck Patricia
Old 01-11-2013, 11:06 PM   #71
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Jamie2012
Hi all,

It sounds like you all are doing wonderful staying on plan!

Lots of weight loss going on here! Whoever has the woosh fairy at this point send her my way whenever you are finished!

Amber- thanks for reminding me to post more. I swear I mean to but my days just seem to get away from me. Also, ! I hope it's great!

Terra- wtg! Onederland will be here by Monday for sure!

Chelsey- love the "practice" for bball. My younger boy always wants to shoot at the park where the hoops are too high for him. This turned into my workout lifting him up and begging him to hurry and shoot! They really are little personal trainers!

I have to catch up on all the posts but just read the last few and they really hit home for me. I've never done this online support thing either and I'm still having a hard time with actually getting on the scale. I've never discussed my weight with ANYONE so this is a big deal for me.

I have to weigh in tomorrow for the weight loss challenge but luckily it's only in front of one person. Honestly, I'm already having anxiety about it! I'm tall (5'10) so it's always been easy for me to hide the weight so to actually have someone else look at the number scares me. I'm just trying to remember there is nowhere to go with my weight but down.

I've been working out a lot 4-5 days a week and also just joined a running training group I'm hoping these both will help my weight loss goals.

I too am a huge NFL football fan so Sundays and Monday night were always tough for me as well. Tomorrow I will be cheering on my team (go niners!) with a Cobb salad. DH will be at the game- don't know if I could handle that temptation.

I think on the old thread someone was talking about how people react when you tell them you are on Atkins and it made me laugh. The rage where I live is paleo and I was in line behind a lady at Costco the other day who was telling anyone who would listen that paleo was the only way to eat. I just say I'm avoiding the white stuff and people seem to leave me alone.

Ok, now I will go read through all the posts and catch up more with you all!

Last edited by Jamie2012; 01-11-2013 at 11:19 PM..
Jamie2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:31 AM   #72
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: chelseybelle27
Stats: 300.3/274.2/healthy :)
WOE: Extended Induction
Start Date: 08-25-14
Jamie- Good luck on your weigh in tomorrow! And great job on the working out! I need to get my butt to the gym, the goal is today Yes, people think atkins is the worst thing on the planet, but they are all about giving up the carbs? Doesnt really make sense to me?

Welcome PMartin! Great job on the exercise, I think exercise makes the lifestyle work...and it tones your body so you arent left with all that extra stuff when you are done losing! I have to keep reminding myself that! Best of luck!!

Hi Jeanne, Tina, and Mandy! Hope you all have relaxing Saturdays!

Diana- My DH got the flu the other day and is still feeling the effects...guess all my lysoling didnt help It is BAD this year!

Off to DS' first basketball game.....so excited! The kiddos will all be so cute! Ill post pictures!

Almost forgot, 274.4 today....that makes a grand total of 8.8 lbs!

Goal #1: 265.0 (Back to where I was last year!)
Goal #2: 240.0 (Back to where I was 2 years ago, seeing a trend )
Goal #3: 215.0 (Almost there!)
Goal #4: 195.0 (GOOOOOAAAAL!)
chelseybelle27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:56 AM   #73
Blabbermouth!!!

Celsey - wow that it great...down a total of 8.8 pounds.... keep up the great work... my grandsons played soccer last year... was not there to see them - but they posted photos..... little guys playing at sports is just so cute....

on my way to do my WA..... have gone every day this week... so proud of myself..... and will weigh myself while I am there.....

Patricia... and great job on your exercising...... glad to have your here......

Jamie - good luck on your weigh in...
Old 01-12-2013, 11:51 AM   #74
Senior LCF Member

Hello everyone! It's so nice to meet more people and hear more great stories! I suffered through a Jillian Michaels workout last night and hopefully will stay on track with some form of exercise!

Jamie: What type of running training are you doing? I've NEVER been a runner at all, but have wanted to start a 5K training program.

Today is starting a series of very hard days--broke up with my bf of 2.5 years last night, so i really just want to order everything that Chinese take out has to offer and have a Bridget Jones style pity party....

Staying on track though--no excuses!
Old 01-12-2013, 12:16 PM   #75
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Terra2721
Stats: 232/164/150
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: restart 9/17/2012
Katsue- Sorry to hear about the break up, but it have faith that you made the right decision for you! Stay strong and on track you can do it!

Jamie- Good luck on your weigh in! I did a weight loss competition through out the fall and it was the motivation I needed to jump start induction. I started at 233 and by the end of the competition I was 208. You can do it, facing the scale is just the first step in the journey.

Patricia- Welcome!

Chelsey- Congrats on that scale continuing to move down! Look forward to pics from the bball game.

It looks like there are a bunch of us 5'10 girls in the group. I too am 5'10 and hide my weight well....until I had my son, and now I feel like my body composition has totally changed. I use to keep all my weight in the butt and hips now I feel like it is all in my belly. I really need to do some good measurements and see if I can find the measurements I took my first go round on induction just to compare. I was excited to step on my scale this morning and see 199! I am not going to get too pumped until I weigh in on the medical scale in the school nurse's office on Monday. Looking forward to some beautiful sunny and warm weather tomorrow, planning on having lots of outdoor fun with my almost 2 year old tornado little boy.
Terra2721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:29 PM   #76
Senior LCF Member

Terra: Congrats on the 199!! That is awesome and your little boy is adorable!!!
Old 01-12-2013, 12:55 PM   #77
Blabbermouth!!!

Katsue - so sorry to hear about your breakup..... honey stay strong.... and you will get through it.......

Tara - wow on reaching 199... that is a long way for me... but I do hope to be there one day....

did 1hr and 15 min of WA today.... warm water soooo nice..... and then seeing the our temp outside is now 70... wow.... what a winter so far... I like it..... but I know it will not last forever...

going out to eat with sister and nephew... maybe to Ruby Tues.... like their salad bar... just careful of any carbs lurking there and think I will get the steak and lobster and sugar snap peas or green beans.... I went to their web site and the carbs for everything...... so I should be ok....
Old 01-12-2013, 01:06 PM   #78
Senior LCF Member

Thank you!!! Oh how I miss the Ruby Tuesday salad bar...they used to have two here in Lexington but they both went out of business! Unfortunately, those croutons were my favorite part!!
Old 01-12-2013, 05:10 PM   #79
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jeannecgo
Stats: 281/259/245/236/233/226/218/213/210180
Start Date: Feb 2012
That Ruby salad bar was awesome.....I loved going when I visited family in St. Louis. Sadly,I have not found one in Chicago.

Sorry about the breakup Katsue, but good job staying strong!

We are going out to a friends house tonight and bringing pizza. I have fasted all day in anticipation but I need to use that tricky concept of moderation tonight. Today was my 12th straight day at the gym so I am happy about that.

Have a great evening gals!
Jeannecgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:50 PM   #80
Blabbermouth!!!

Jeanne - on going to the gym 12 days in a row.... I know how that feels... I am proud that I have done my WA for the past 14 days... hurray to us....... and I eat the toppings off the pizza and do not eat the crust ......

back from Ruby Tues... and the salad bar was sooo good.... I know that I did go over my 20 carbs today... but I really tried to be good...... had the steak and lobster..... but I have decided that if I am going to eat steak it will be at Longhorn steak house... that steak I had there a few weeks ago was the best ever this one tonight at RT was not that good - was cooked the way I liked it - rare but was not that melt in your mouth type of steak...... but I had a good time....

so tomorrow I will work extra hard with my WA and will do my walking tape....
but I did drink alot of water at RT tonight.....
Old 01-12-2013, 07:36 PM   #81
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Jamie2012
Terra- yay for 199! you are doing so great!!!

Katsue- sorry about the break up- that's so hard. Stay strong- we are here for you!

Jeanne- pizza! Yum! Enjoy it, you've been doing great!

About the running: I've never been a runner either. I always said I would only run if someone is chasing me! Having said that my friends know that I am willing to try almost anything with them. So in September I did a 1/2 marathon with a friend in San Francisco (lots of hills)and had a blast. I did not train and just ran for as long as I could then walked, etc. the same friend wants me to do another one in may so i said I would but decided to properly train this time. It's with a local running store and they take you from 0-13 miles over the 14 week training.

I've heard amazing things about the couch to 5k program too, you should check it out.

I weighed in for my challenge today- 211. Not too bad but way higher than I would like.

Hope everyone is having a relaxing Saturday!
Jamie2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:36 PM   #82
Senior LCF Member

13 miles! That's amazing! You'll have to keep us up to date with your progress! I've downloaded the "Couch to 5K App" on my phone...ready to rock and roll!

Unfortunately it won't stop raining here and supposed to drop nearly 40 degrees tomorrow! Only in Kentucky...
Old 01-12-2013, 10:00 PM   #83
Senior LCF Member

A ahhh weekends kill me!! In totally failed. We decided to skip date night and take the kids instead to a drive through safari today, so much fun however we went to Mexican for lunch.......I'm weak. Omg I feel terrible, bloated and retaining fluid. Ugh why did I do that? Back In the saddle tomorrow,today was a clear indication of how badly carbs make me feels
Old 01-13-2013, 08:38 AM   #84
Major LCF Poster!

Morning everyone! Quick check in, I will catch up more when DS takes a nap. 274.6 this am, so only up 2oz and I even went out to eat yesterday and did great! Felt wonderful walking out of the restaurant not even nibbling on DS' fries or taking a sip of his milkshake! He did so good at his game, he got a special meal, it was so cute! Well, gym is planned for today, and I am gearing up to start preschool with DS at home (just an hr 1/2 a day, small activities...should be fun? ) I'm excited to get him learning!

I have asked DH to put a block on my internet so I will be forced to study for my nursing boards. I know that sounds silly, but when its available all the time on my laptop, home computer, etc. it makes it easier for me to get on...and subsequently not study! I asked for a time frame, from 10am to 8pm, so I promise to check in before 10 and check on you guys before bed too! I really feel like its going to help my productivity...I have a FB addiction lol...and a LCF addiction too!

Annnnyyyway. Have a great days ladies...I read back later on!
Old 01-13-2013, 11:17 AM   #85
Major LCF Poster!

Kat- I am so sorry about your breakup. We are here if you need us! I am also about to start the couch to 5k program (for the 3rd time ) so If you need a buddy let me know! Ill start when you start if that works for you!

Terra- I wish I was 5'10", Im 5'8" and also hold my weight well. I have always been an apple, but once I had my son, boy, the weight feels like its migrated to my belly even more! I am so HAPPY you saw 199! You will for sure see it again tomorrow or maybe even less! You are rocking it!! Congrats!!

Jeanne- 12 straight days at the gym Wow, I can barely muster then energy to make it there! Great job!

Diana- Im glad you talked about the Ruby Tuesday salad bar, I forgot all about it! I have one here, but DH doesnt like their food, so Ill have to go with a girlfriend or even just DS. I could use a good salad buffet!

Jamie- wow on the 1/2 marathon, thats something to be very proud of! I ran/walked my first 5k back in May and I am excited to do the same 5k again. My sister did it with me, but she had to have her knee replaced about 3 years ago and is slowly running again. Last year, we were in now shape to run it all, but this year she is rocking a tiny body and I am working on mine, so I think we will try to run the whole thing this time! Its our Throo the Zoo run, and its lots of fun!

Mandy- I am sorry the weekend got to you You are right, Today is a NEW day, and you can do it! Just remind yourself how ucky carbs make you feel next time you are faced with a challenge (I know, easier said than done!) and think of how great you will feel about yourself when you win. Hang in there!
Old 01-13-2013, 11:25 AM   #86
Blabbermouth!!!

hi all......

Chelsey - so glad that your DS had some a great game....... and that special meal..... aren't little boys great...... I am so blessed to have two great sone...

Mandy - sorry about the weekend... I hear ya on Mexican food... totally my downfall.... just. adore. Mexican. food.....

got back from doing my WA... on sundays I go with my sister... so I really do not do the workout I normally do when I am by myself.....

eating today:

L - heron chicken weings
1 c. steamed green beans
some cucumbers and radishes

D - cold shrimp and making my own cocktail sauce to save carbs
and some veggies
and three Jalapeno poppers

and I am doing to finally put my walking tape in.....

everyone have a great Sunday.... diana
Old 01-13-2013, 02:31 PM   #87
Major LCF Poster!

As promised Sorry so freaking huge, not sure what the problem is with my photo editor?

These are from our day at the zoo:

Last edited by chelseybelle27; 01-13-2013 at 02:35 PM..
Old 01-13-2013, 05:06 PM   #88
Senior LCF Member

Stayed on track this weekend!!!

Yesterday's menu was pretty much a repeat of Friday's (eating up the leftovers).

Today I had:

B: Cheese eggs and 3 strips of bacon
L: Hamburger salad
D: Boneless buffalo wings (fried in pork rinds) with celery and bleu cheese

I also made up some food for the week: loaded "potato" casserole, sausage balls, hard boiled some eggs, and froze some containers of pork...that way if i'm feeling lazy before or after work, I'll be all set.

Chels--GREAT pictures. Especially love the last one of the two of you all!!!

I'm ready whenever you are to start the Couch to 5K. Are you doing it outside or on a treadmill...and what went wrong before so we don't make the same mistakes this time?
Old 01-13-2013, 05:55 PM   #89
Senior LCF Member

Stayed on Track today I felt so bloated and just ugh all day
Old 01-13-2013, 06:50 PM   #90
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katsue82 View Post
Stayed on track this weekend!!!

Yesterday's menu was pretty much a repeat of Friday's (eating up the leftovers).

Today I had:

B: Cheese eggs and 3 strips of bacon
L: Hamburger salad
D: Boneless buffalo wings (fried in pork rinds) with celery and bleu cheese

I also made up some food for the week: loaded "potato" casserole, sausage balls, hard boiled some eggs, and froze some containers of pork...that way if i'm feeling lazy before or after work, I'll be all set.

Chels--GREAT pictures. Especially love the last one of the two of you all!!!

I'm ready whenever you are to start the Couch to 5K. Are you doing it outside or on a treadmill...and what went wrong before so we don't make the same mistakes this time?
Thanks, I love that pic too!

I will be doing it on the treadmill at the gym. I just didnt stick to it, just like the 100 times I tried LC this last year. I would make it to week 3 and stop. My own fault. A tip though, even if you dont think you can do it, keep going. It gets surprisingly easier each day, even if you dont think it will! I would be willing to start tomorrow morning, but if thats too soon, any time this week. I plan to go to the gym at 730 every morning before DH heads off to work.