Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2013, 09:25 AM   #631
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2012
Welcome back on the wagon, Terra! I'm excited to see you lose again. I know you'll be at goal by the summer and that's so exciting!! How'd your family reeact to your WL? You must look like a new woman to them!

Doing good. I am already feeling so much better off the caffeine. I was honestly surprised at the grip the coffee had on me. I assumed it was a casual cup or two per morning but apparently it was an addiction.

Last night I made egg salad with a dab of mayo and it was so good. Simple things taste delish when you are eating so lean.
AsmallerME is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2013, 01:13 PM   #632
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kempmuhlbauer
Stats: 274/274/190
WOE: Normal old atkins
Start Date: 10/21/13
Hey gang back in Houston. Got home Dad is now in a private room out of ICU. He has a long road to recovery but should recover, thanks for all the kind thoughts and prayers.

Lindy: I think I am real close to that already. I wish I could find a HWC that did not have carbs. If i am reading right it has 1 carb per serving. Anyway will give that a look if I stall.

Terra: Glad you are back into the game. Happy to see you back.

Pawleys: Good luck with the restart I know you can do it. I know what you mean with added stress. I stayed focused for a few days, but when My dad went into surgery I went to cracker barrel and plowed through some pancakes!!!! got back on plan 5 days later and happy I am back. DAy 3 today for me.

Amber: Glad you beat the caffeine thing. That is no easy task I can promise you that. Even on cheat weekends I avoid caffeine. Well I do sneak in a espresso on a cheat weekend but only one. Two could start things all over. Glad we are both back on plan.

Katsue: How are you doing and thanks for the kind words.

I stayed super focused yesterday and today. The hospital sucks!!!! I hate it. I did not use it as and excuse this time to cheat and happy about that. I did not have a scale at my moms house so will see if I lost any more bloat in the morning and report back then.

"STAY HEALTHY MY FRIENDS"

GOALS:
1. Keep on plan
2. Stay on plan
3. Work out
4. Run a 1/2 marathon on Jan. 19th!!!
kempmuhlbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:21 AM   #633
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey Kemp. I'm glad you're able to stay focused. I'm not sure I could if my dad was in ICU; I really admire your strength. All HWC has carbs. Some may say they are 0 per serving, but they are rounding down. It's pretty much 1 carb per serving and they add up fast. I think it's a worthwhile addition to your diet though when you need something sweet or decadent. A few carbs for the quantity of fat helps, especially when you need to lower protein. But that's probably closer to goal for you. You're rocking it already and don't need to switch anything up yet.

So the scale is still moving down for me. I'm so thankful - it's been stalled or moving up for the past 6+ months. Granted I've been cheating an awful lot, but either way, this is good news.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:40 AM   #634
Major LCF Poster!

Amber: Way to go on the down trend on the scale. The past 6 months are just that the past, now lets get it done now and in the future.

The scale was down again today to 237 so that should be all the water weight gone. I expect a bounce up tomorrow but happy with 10 pounds of bloat down in 3 days. Really cannot wait until the 220's again. I was there for one day before my last cheat and it felt great so hoping to get back there by the end of the month.
Old 04-11-2013, 02:10 PM   #635
Blabbermouth!!!

I'd love to return to the 220s too. I was only there like a month, but it was a glorious month. haha My hope is to be there by June-ish.
Old 04-11-2013, 02:21 PM   #636
Major LCF Poster!

I really want to see 219 is the glory date. At 219 I add back in the good stuff and slow weight loss down, way down until my goal of 190 really 189 is what I want to see. At that weight I am at my college football days weight. Anyway we can do this and do it together.
Old 04-12-2013, 05:05 AM   #637
Major LCF Poster!

Down another pound this morning. So happy day for me. Yea!!! If I go to the gym today then I will have meet all my weekly goals. And I am heading to the gym shortly to get it done before heading back to Beaumont to see the dad and get him out of the hospital.
Old 04-12-2013, 06:33 AM   #638
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Kemp! So glad your dad is leaving the hospital today. That's fantastic. And WTG on another pound leaving and hitting the gym. You will definitely be at 219 soon. It holds the same importance to you as it does me. 219 will be a day almost as good as onederland!!

Another pound left me this morning too. Thank goodness. I ended up finding some 10 percent fat greek yogurt and it was AMAZING. Seriously the best yogurt I've had. 3 carbs for 1/2 cup. I added liquid splenda. It's not really stillmans friendly but I figured it was an okay treat. It was Cabot brand in case anyone is looking for one to try.

Okay, gotta get back to work.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:02 AM   #639
Major LCF Poster!

Amber: Way to go girlie, that is the way to get it done. Now get back to work and i am going to get to the gym!!!! LOL
Old 04-12-2013, 05:15 PM   #640
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Terra2721
Stats: 232/164/150
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: restart 9/17/2012
Hi all. Busy day at work but wanted to check in. I weighed in this morning at 176...so it looks like the Easter visit home weight gain is gone. Looking forward to a relaxing weekend with my son.
Terra2721 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 05:45 PM   #641
Major LCF Poster!

I know this is a weight loss thread, but will be out for next few days. The dad is back in hospital and now back in ICU. So will be heading back to Beaumont for ???? Will try to stay focus and check in. I am still on plan and plan to stay on plan, but the stress is heavy, and as most of us do, we turn to food when stressed, especially carby food. Or at least I do.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:41 AM   #642
Senior LCF Member

Kemp: Sorry to hear about your dad's set back, you are in my thoughts. I am a huge stress eater, and put on 8 lbs over the Easter holiday when home visiting family....confident you will do the best you can where you are and with the options available to you.

I weighed in at 176 this morning....it took 10 days but finally shed the weight I put on while visiting Ohio. 26 lbs until goal....I have 9 weeks left in the school year, which helps me stay on plan, hoping to lose 20lbs by the end of the school leaving me 5 weeks to lose the 6 lbs before my beach vacation. The light at the end of the tunnel is near!
Old 04-15-2013, 11:07 AM   #643
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 265/229/150
WOE: NK
Start Date: January, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by kempmuhlbauer View Post
I know this is a weight loss thread, but will be out for next few days. The dad is back in hospital and now back in ICU. So will be heading back to Beaumont for ???? Will try to stay focus and check in. I am still on plan and plan to stay on plan, but the stress is heavy, and as most of us do, we turn to food when stressed, especially carby food. Or at least I do.
Thinking of you. Hope everything turns out well.
Lindy in Louisiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 05:56 PM   #644
Major LCF Poster!

Hey gang thanks for all the kind words and prayers. They worked. He is doing better, they got out ahead of the infection and he ended up not getting as bad as we thought. He will then be going to inpatient cardio rehab once out of ICU for a couple of weeks, and that will take a lot of stress off of myself and my brother. He is now in the right place. And will be stronger than he was when he went in.

So that means I am back in Houston and ready to reach my goal. I stayed on plan and am looking forward to weighing in the morning. I cannot thank you guys enough. I will read through the post and catch up fully now. It looks like I will be back to a normal routine asap.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:25 AM   #645
Blabbermouth!!!

Kemp - I'm glad your dad is doing better. Welcome back home.

Terra - You always amaze and inspire me.

I'm in an emotional funk. That Boston marathon stuff has me pretty upset. It's tough watching these horrible things happen and wanting to smother my son as a result. I just needed to vent on that. Someone bought me an awesome rice bowl for lunch and I enjoyed it all. I need to get back on track.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:45 AM   #646
Senior LCF Member

I feel the same way Amber....seeing that horrific scene in Boston and knowing how it injured and killed men, women, and children; made me want to hold my son and not let go. It kind of has been a rotten week beyond the events in Boston....On Friday I was shot down when I asked a guy out (thought there was something there, evidentally it was one sided) and Monday one of my students (with a significant disability) had to be admitted to the hospital and no one can figure out why he is so sick. I have stayed on plan, but boy I really wanted to eat some cupcakes and chocolate. Here is hoping things get better.
Old 04-16-2013, 04:26 PM   #647
Major LCF Poster!

Amber: Ye this is very upsetting about the events in Boston. We all need to stick together as Americans and not let this change our way of life any more than it needs to. We are the greatest country in the world and will remain so forever no matter what people try to do to us.

Terra: See Ambers notes about Boston. Sorry you got shot down but so proud of you for staying on plan even with all this stress. Sorry to hear about your student, that is heart breaking. I wish you and your student the very best. I am hoping things get better for you also.

I took my aggressions of stress out at the golf course today and at the gym. About to turn on the news and see what is new with Boston.
Old 04-17-2013, 05:57 AM   #648
Senior LCF Member

Kemp: Glad to hear your dad is doing better. What an accomplishment to stay on plan under all that stress!

Amber: I know you can do it....everyone has their good and bad days. After a bad day just focus on making the next day better.

I feel great and am back in the groove of staying on plan. I weighed in this morning at 174.5 and hope to weigh in monday close to 173. This coming monday will mark 12.5 weeks before my beach vacation and goal of being at 150. If I lose 2 lbs a week from then to the vacation I should meet my goal!

I am sorry to see so many of our regular posters drop off, I hope you all are doing well!
Old 04-17-2013, 11:05 AM   #649
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Terra and Kemp. You both are so great!!

Terra - You know, I'm impressed that you had the guts to ask someone out. That takes major courage and is something to be proud of. I'm sorry it didn't work out though. And I feel you on this being a tough week. I've had some stuff come up too and it's been a long week as a result. How is it only Wednesday??!!

Kemp - You are absolutely right. We can't let things like this change us. It's just so hard sometimes. I think since I became a mom this stuff has impacted me more. I just want to hold my son and cry sometimes and know that it isn't healthy for me or him. It always passes, but man does it hurt sometimes. Good job for taking it out on the golf course. I was reading an opinion piece that said to take it out on the road - and to run. I liked the idea and may try to do a short run tonight if the weather holds and I get home before it's dark.

My busy season is nearing the end. 3 weeks left. I'm running out of stamina and really want a rest. I'm counting down the seconds. I need to sleep in. I need a day off for me. I fell off the wagon a few days ago and need to get back on again. Sorry guys. I swear I'll get this.

And you're right Terra, where is everyone????????????????? Come back please!!! We can do it together.
Old 04-17-2013, 11:54 AM   #650
Major LCF Poster!

Amber: I love running and if not for my injury my foot I would be running right now. I was training for a marathon. I was in the beginning stages of training for a marathon. Need that to be correct. Anyway I went from couch potato to running 10 miles in less than two months and lost over 75 pounds!!!!! Running is awesome, if i could do it I would. It really leaned me down quickly. Glad you are almost done with the hell of work, and get on plan when getting on plan is right.
Old 04-17-2013, 01:59 PM   #651
Blabbermouth!!!

That's so incredible Kemp. I love running too. Maybe tonight I'll find my ipod and update the music, charge it, and plan a run for tomorrow with it. I think I may go out tonight sans music though since I feel pent up energy that needs to be released.
Old 04-17-2013, 02:21 PM   #652
Major LCF Poster!

Amber: Do not over do it please. You can hurt yourself really quick amazingly quick if you over do it. Take it from some one who may have lost his goal of a marathon finish due to over doing it. Anyway enjoy the run/walk and jam to some tunes.
Old 04-17-2013, 03:50 PM   #653
Major LCF Poster!

I reached the 220's this morning, forgot to tell you guys 229.8!!!!!!!!!! Into the new decade of weight loss. I have a wedding this weekend, for a cousin. Now I am Italian so this will be a hard one. So I am planning to just do wine only, red of course. Maybe some beer. But no food cheats. It will not be easy with the meatballs and the homemade french breads. She is marrying a Mexican. So we will have Mexican food chips and dips and homemade tamales. I am scared. If I weight under 225 by Saturday morning I will enjoy the reception at full speed.(that will not happen) If not then I will only have a few drinks. But right back in the gym on Sunday morning after the golf round with the father of the bride, my uncle and my step dad who is awesome, and my brother. It is in Beaumont so I can also visit my dad, he is still in the hospital but out of ICU! So just wanted to let you guys know, sorry I rambled so long.
Old 04-18-2013, 06:58 AM   #654
Major LCF Poster!

Hello everybody, we need to get back to being chatty to help each other out please. Chelsey were you be?????
Old 04-18-2013, 12:25 PM   #655
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: katsue82
Stats: 182/155/135
Start Date: January 2013
Hey guys--just checking in to say hi!

I've been in a weird cycle lately of cheating and I hate it! I'll do good for a few days and then slip up! I'm not sure if it's stress or what, but it's making me feel terrible physically and have absolutely no energy. I head to NYC on Monday for the week on a business trip. Work trips are so hectic already, I'm worried about how to stay on plan.

It's sounds like we're all having a bit of a rough go...

Kemp: Glad to hear your dad is out of the ICU again. I hadn't checked in for a bit so I missed your news about him going back in...sorry to hear that but so glad that things are going well again!!!

Terra: Don't let the one man get you down...there are so many others! And what outstanding confidence it shows that you were able to make the first move. That's so empowering!!

Amber: I have to get back into my Couch to 5K training...let's be virtual running buddies!!!
katsue82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 04:36 AM   #656
Major LCF Poster!

1.2 pounds overnight, Gosh this thing really works. Have not been that low for over a year. Hit the gym yesterday and will again today. Going to try and keep going till the wedding tomorrow afternoon. (cousin getting married) Not planning a food cheat but am planning to have wine and beer and bourbon and tequila and what ever. I am catholic and it is a catholic wedding so.....well we can all do the math. Once the drinks happens and the wedding cake will be right there. If I some how lose 1.4 pounds and see 227.9 in the scale window in the morning I may have a few carby foods but right back on Sunday morning. Will try and stay focused.
Old 04-19-2013, 06:14 AM   #657
Senior LCF Member

Kemp: 1.2 lbs is awesome! Good luck at the wedding! I am catholic and Italian too and know how the food is, it will take some amazing will power! I know you can do it!

I weighed in at 173.5 this morning! Hoping to be down close to 172 by my Monday Morning weigh in.
Old 04-19-2013, 06:51 AM   #658
Major LCF Poster!

I will do my best
Old 04-19-2013, 11:51 AM   #659
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey everyone!!

Okay, Kemp and Terra - post menus. And quantities. You are both doing amazingly well!!!

Terra - You are knocking on the door to the 160s!!

Kemp - Yay for a new low!!! Hello mid-220s!!! Woo hoo!!

Katsue - I'll do the C25k with you. Are you starting over? We can start next week if you want and post our progress. I'm on the same cycle of cheating. Got to break it and get my head on straight.

I spoke to Chelsey over email and she says hello. She is going to try to start posting again next week.
Old 04-19-2013, 12:03 PM   #660
Major LCF Poster!

Hey amber, I will post menus then.

Today's Menu:
B-2 x large eggs, 1oz carb free breakfast sausage
L-3oz crawfish tails, hamburger patty, cheddar cheese, bacon, pork rinds
D- grilled chicken.