Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2013, 01:51 PM   #601
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: katsue82
Stats: 182/155/135
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2013
Amber: Happy Hump Day to you! But is it really only Wednesday??? ARGH! I was shocked about the bunny too...but he wasn't very big

Well, I've joined the whole pinterest thing...figured it would be a good place to start stashing all my "go-to" recipes as well as things I want to try! So if anyone has any favorite recipes they want to share, let me know and I'll add them!!

Had a cavity filled today over lunch and then wasn't able to eat after....so I'm starving now!! Need to quickly find something low carb before I'm tempted to cheat and hit Taco Bell on the way home!!
katsue82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2013, 01:52 PM   #602
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsmallerME View Post
Bump. Where is everyone?
HAHA! We posted at the same time
Old 04-03-2013, 06:24 PM   #603
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LauraDavis
Stats: 245.8/190.6/145
Start Date: March 2013
Amber... well I'm always late for you guys and gals but early for me... lol. Damn 3rd shift.

I had a stir-fry today!!!!!!!!!!!! With veggies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG it's the 1st one in almost 2 years. Oh how I missed something so simple. Was so excited about it that I forgot to fry up a crab ragoon. LOL.

Hope everyone's day went well.
LauraDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:40 PM   #604
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Terra2721
Stats: 232/164/150
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: restart 9/17/2012
Hi all. Popping in to say hello. I head back home tomorrow and looking forward to getting back on plan. I tried to get back on track while visiting, but it just didn't happen. Going to go hard core Friday, Sat. and Sunday in hopes that when I weigh in on Monday that the damage isn't too bad.
Terra2721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 06:53 AM   #605
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
Start Date: 8/18/14
Hey ladies (and Kemp). We're getting closer to the weekend. I was so looking forward to a relaxing weekend at home with the family but DH told me last night that he has to work most of Saturday. Drats. My goal for this weekend is to declutter some. We moved into our house in September and some rooms still need work and organization. My new house is twice as big as my last house so I fell into the trap of just putting stuff places since it was easy to do, but not everything is where it ultimately should be still.

Terra - I'm sure you'll do great when you get home. Most of the gain will be water and with three strict days, I bet you'll get it almost all off. I hope you've had a fun trip.

Laura - that's so funny about your dinner. I sometimes forget some of the simpliest, best dinners. And then when I do eat them again, I get all excited about my new food. haha A simple veggie, chicken, stir fry is one of my favorites.

Katsue - Sorry about the cavity! Ouch. I hate those!! I do pinterest too, but haven't really done it for recipes yet. I've been doing it for house ideas mostly.
Old 04-04-2013, 01:56 PM   #606
Senior LCF Member

It is funny how we forget the simple meals getting so involved in trying to be creative. I think I'm going to stick a pot roast in the crockpot and bake a turkey breast and freeze slices to have some quick meals available. Grocery is having a great sale on cheese, cream cheese, and bacon! So I'm going to stock up! People will judge my cart, but oh well!

Terra: You'll be right back on track, no problem!
Old 04-04-2013, 01:58 PM   #607
Senior LCF Member

Oh, and Amber...send me some of that organizing motivation! I've been in my house since August (moving from a 1 bedroom apartment)...so I understand EXACTLY what you mean about the extra space, but yet things not ending up where they need to be
Old 04-04-2013, 02:12 PM   #608
Blabbermouth!!!

Katsue - I haven't found the motivation yet to organize, but I hope to harness it this weekend. If I manage to get something done, I'll send the vibes your way. I have a box of stuff to take to goodwill so I am going to at least drop that off to get it out of the way. And I need to post a few things on craigslist so I'm going to try to do that. And then try to organize the laundry room. It's big, roomy, lots of cabinets, etc. so really I should have zero excuse...

Did you have taco bell last night? Do you just eat the innards of a taco? Oh, and I love cream cheese sales. I bought 6 blocks the last time it was on sale.
AsmallerME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 02:30 PM   #609
Major LCF Poster!

Amber - OH OH OH .... I want to come organize. I love to organize stuff. My mom always made me do the closets and cupboards. But yet I can't keep my desk organized there's piles on it, yet the bills all have folders and a lil basket to keep them all neat. Maybe that'll be my weekend project, clean my desk.

Kat - This is why I'm so excited about him not being on Atkins. I'm free to eat the veggies I love again. Simple stuff.

Terra - Yeah the weight will come back off once yer eating right again.

So the big news for the day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DRUM ROLL PLZ! I'm down to 228#. Finally under 230# YAY! My goal for the month was 225 cuz I wasn't sure how much I could lose. So might have to reevaluate.

Anyway Deep Dish Pizza tonight... still one of his favorites Have a great night everyone!
Old 04-04-2013, 06:25 PM   #610
Senior LCF Member

Laura: CONGRATS!!!!! That is wonderful!!!! Yes, you definitely need a new goal for the month the way you are blasting through!!

Amber:: No, I was a good girl last night and had some dry rub wings and a salad!! However, my boyfriend's birthday is tomorrow, so it MAY just involve a bit of Mich Ultra or vodka/tonic...and THAT usually does lead to Taco Bell for me

Made a decent grocery run tonight, so made some catfish (fried in pork rinds) and tartar sauce. Trying the kale chip thing too...they're air drying now so not sure how this will turn out...

Have a great night!!
Old 04-05-2013, 12:55 AM   #611
Major LCF Poster!

Ok so Amber ya got me going. I decided to spring clean the kitchen or at least start. Problem is I'm having back problems already and wow that did not help at all. My kitchen is lookin nice though.

Grocery night in the morning.... I love going to the grocery store. Anyway see ya'll tomorrow afternoon or so.
Old 04-05-2013, 05:51 AM   #612
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kempmuhlbauer
Stats: 274/274/190
WOE: Normal old atkins
Start Date: 10/21/13
Just a quick check in,

I finally cracked on surgery day(Tuesday) and broke plan. He had a new valve and quadruple bypass surgery. I am still off plan just not going to crazy. I finally took a day and came back to Houston last night to recharge the batteries of life(see the wife) and am heading back to Beaumont now to start the rehab with the Dad. Hope to get out of ICU today. It will be along road back. I will be back on plan hopefully Sunday or Monday when I can get back in to Houston and start back on a normal schedule.

"STAY HEALTHY MY FRIENDS"

GOALS:
1. Keep on plan
2. Stay on plan
3. Work out
4. Run a 1/2 marathon on Jan. 19th!!!
kempmuhlbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:15 AM   #613
Blabbermouth!!!

Kemp - I'm so sorry about your dad. Did he have a heart attack? I'm glad he seems to be on the mend and is going to start rehab. He's in my thoughts and prayers. As are you. Take care of yourself but don't be hard on yourself. Sometimes carbs are easy and you need easy. You'll be back and on track again soon.

Laura - WTG on the new low!!!!! So excited for you!!! And that's crazy that you like organizing. You need to visit me and do my house. haha. While DS was watching TV last night, I threw away some stuff from the laundry room that needed to go, put up the Easter basket, and did some laundry. Then I gave up. ha

Katsue - Good job being good and eating wings/salad. Sounds awesome. A friend made kale chips and brought some in for me. They were interesting. I liked the salty crunch, but the kale taste still came through. I bet they'd be great with a dip though. How'd yours turn out? He said they only kept about 3 days before going limp so eat up.

I'm so glad it's Friday!!! I'm treating myself to a bunless cheeseburger and salad for lunch today. Tomorrow will be the park and cleaning/organizing. Sunday will be the start of my more strict diet. I've been way too lax on the calories/fat. I'm excited.
Old 04-05-2013, 07:13 AM   #614
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 265/229/150
WOE: NK
Start Date: January, 2013
Hey guys,
Just checking in. Still in Austin but doing great on the diet. Staying on plan. And I have lost 4 lbs. I have been switching up a little and gearing toward the NK plan. Cutting my protein to 75 or so and my calories to 1700 seems to be paying off. Of course, still keeping carbs to 20 or less. So weighing in at 234. It sure took long enough.

Kemp, I know you have been through the wringer. Our prayers are with you. Now maybe your Dad can get better. Sounds like he is in the right hands. Texas hospitals are the best. I know it.

Chelsey, I'm staying with my DD1 and she just got her RN last year. or 2011 that is and just started a new job. After working in a hospital setting for 15 years she started with a hospice. Better on her poor feet.
Lindy in Louisiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 06:49 PM   #615
Senior LCF Member

Kemp: Good to hear from you. I hope your dad is now well on the road to recovery. I know this has been a very trying time for you and your family. Our prayers are with you.

Lindy: Congrats on the 4lbs!!! I hope to make my way to Austin this fall--I LOVE live music and I hear it's just the place for that!!

Amber: So I'll have to get back to you on the kale chips. I was letting them air dry...then completely forgot about them! I let them sit out too long and ruined them...blah!

Spent ALLLLLLLLLLLL day in the kitchen today, so no excuses this week! I had a cheat on Friday night. We went to the opening day of Keeneland (the horse racing track here in Lexington) and then had pizza late on Friday night. Stayed on track the rest of the weekend though and hoping to this week.

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!
Old 04-08-2013, 05:00 AM   #616
Major LCF Poster!

Hey gang I am back in action. It seems like forever since I was on plan, but on plan I am today. So day one of the restart. The damage is done as far as the scale goes up 15 pounds to 247.2. I know it is some water weight but I also know I have gained some fat fat as well. I was off plan for a total of 5 days. I have also not done a workout in 10 days either. I cannot wait to be back into the zone. Also getting my foot back in order over the next three weeks is another goal. I am going to catch back up with the previous post and will post again later.
Old 04-08-2013, 05:37 AM   #617
Blabbermouth!!!

Kemp - So happy that you are back. Those 15 pounds will be gone in a week.

Katsue - I hate when I do things like leaving out food I prepped too long. I've gone to bed with whole meals on the counter before and had to toss everything. So frustrating. Good job for prepping for the week!!!

So I had a busy weekend. I'm starting stillmans today. I am up a solid 30 pounds from my low from last year and I'm feeling like poo. So here goes.
Old 04-08-2013, 05:45 AM   #618
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Amber, glad to be back. Stillman's?? Will look that up so I will be up to date on your post. I just ate my 2 eggs for breakfast and am like oh God not again with the low carb. But going to cook a bunch of food tonight with the DW and get ready to make a big push. I want to get down well into the 220's this month. Once I reach 219 I am then going to start adding in lots of other foods like berries and whole grains. Basically going to step up to the OWL and then Pre maintenance parts of the Atkins diet. I want to take off the last 30 pounds slowly so maybe they will stay off this time.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:15 AM   #619
Senior LCF Member

Kemp- Hope your dad is doing well. I feel you on the restart "here we go again"...felt the same way this morning.

Amber-Hope your journey with Stillman's leads to success.

As for me, I got back from my visit home on Thursday night late....only to find out that my 86 year old grandmother had fallen and broken her hip...which leads to feeling guilty that I am 7 hours away and unable to help my mom & brothers with her care. I did well with my food on Friday, Sat., Sunday but did indulge in a glass or 2 of wine each night. Weighed in at 183 this morning....up 6 lbs from my last weigh in on 3/29. Hoping being back to work and into a routine will get me back to 177. I really am going to work hard to be down to 150 by my beach vacation in 14 weeks that is a 2.5 lb/week loss...not impossible.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:30 AM   #620
Blabbermouth!!!

Terra - If anyone can do it, you can!! Sorry about your grandmother. It sounds like she has your mom and brothers though to help her. Don't feel guilty. You have your little guy keeping you busy enough.

Kemp - I think your plan sounds good. If you hit 219 and add one thing per week, you'll still lose and slowly increase the variety in your diet. I think it sounds like a win-win. Stillmans is just low everything. Low fat, low calorie, low carb. I just need a few weeks of it to get me going in the right direction again. I've been in a standstill and eating way too much lately. I need something to knock me into "drive."
Old 04-09-2013, 05:47 AM   #621
Blabbermouth!!!

Day 2. Super headachy. I think it's primarily the coffee withdrawl that's getting me. Ouch. I was tempted to cave and have a cup this morning and just use less cream, but I didn't...

Hope everything is having a great day!
Old 04-09-2013, 06:59 AM   #622
Major LCF Poster!

Amber: It is the caffeine that is for sure. Even when I blow it out and cheat like crazy I avoid the cokes and espresso like the plague. If I do have one it is just that one!!! Getting back on plan is a whole lot easier without adding that addictive crack called caffeine. I love the stuff but have just realized my life is better without even when cheating. Sorry did not mean to rant but stay the course and you will get through it, only a few more days then the promise land.

I lost 4.2 pounds of water last night, but got the call and heading back to beamont to see the dad. He is still in icu. I am staying on plan and bringing a few meals to make sure I do not cheat. Will try to keep checking in.
Old 04-09-2013, 07:50 AM   #623
Senior LCF Member

Hey guys,
Just a quick note to say I'm coming home. Boy, ready for it. I had a LOT of fun but ya know,...... I am doing really good on NK lifestyle. Carbs still low at under 20, protein at 70 fat high with lots of hwc and cream cheese. Down another 2 lbs. Wow. Stunned. Sitting at 232.

Glad to hear that everybody is fine. Or getting that way.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:40 AM   #624
Major LCF Poster!

Way to go Lindy, What is NK? and what is HWC?
Old 04-09-2013, 12:41 PM   #625
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: pawleys14
Stats: 305/277.8/175
Start Date: restarting August 11, 2013
Hi everyone - well starting again today... after getting back from my trip to Michigan and then with my XH and his heart surgery (he is doing well now and back home ) I feel that I am not stressed out and can start back with my eating plan. sure hate it when emotions derail ya ....

Katsue - turkey breast sounds great... I saw some on sale... I should do that.. and I have not done a pot roast in ages.. that also sounds good.

Laura - wow you down to 228

Kemp - so sorry to hear about your Dad going up for him ...

Lindy - great news... down 4 lb....

Terra - sorry to hear about your grandmother... that she will heal quickly..

did not have breakfast but for lunch had egg salad with two slices of tomatoes and some slices of cucumbers
for dinner will have a mini meatloaf and Spaghetti squash
need to really plan my meals... and that will keep my on track....

so everyone have a good evening.....

Proud Grandma to Kyle and Derek - the loves of my life.... granddaughter Abigail (Abby)

May today there be peace within you. May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.
pawleys14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:18 PM   #626
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Pawley. I've missed you! So glad to hear that some stresses are leaving you now. Glad you're back on track. Your day sounds delish!! I love mini meatloafs. So good. You know, those freeze well. If you make a bunch, you can have quick easy lunches in future weeks. And then send me some.

Kemp - I'm thinking of you. I hope your dad can get out of icu soon. I know it's tough to see him like this. I'll answer for Lindy. NK= nutritional ketosis. It's that diet where you test your blood ketones (apparently it's expensive to do) and monitor protein intake. It's a high fat diet. Proteins are adjusted individually depending on the ketone levels. HWC = heavy whipping cream. You probably don't use much since you are not a coffee addict. I was using it in diet sodas, coffees, iced coffees, cream cheese muffins, etc. I HWC too much. And you are totally right, these caffeine headaches are the absolute worst! I'm popping advil like candy.
Old 04-09-2013, 02:19 PM   #627
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh, and Lindy, WTG on continued WL!! You are a champ to lose so well while out of town. I've never once done that. Even the one time I stayed on plan, I gained.
Old 04-09-2013, 06:09 PM   #628
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kempmuhlbauer View Post
Way to go Lindy, What is NK? and what is HWC?
Hey Kemp, I've been looking into Nutritional Ketosis 85/15/5. It is essentially low carb with high fat and medium protein. I struggled for 2 mon to lose 2 lbs on lc and I've lost another 6 lbs this week. My metabolism is so dead but this seems to tweak it a bit. I eat 1700-1800 cal w/ 75-100 g. protein and under 20 total grams of carb. This rest of my cal are made up of fat. I eat a lot of hwc ( heavy whipping cream), butter and coconut oil. I make floats of diet soda w/ 2-3 T hwc. It's very satiating. Love it.

Y'all take care of yourselves.
Old 04-09-2013, 06:15 PM   #629
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsmallerME View Post
Oh, and Lindy, WTG on continued WL!! You are a champ to lose so well while out of town. I've never once done that. Even the one time I stayed on plan, I gained.
Thanks a lot....Going home tomorrow. Yea... It's been fun but you know....
I do like the NK diet. But I'm not going to do any of the blood tests or that. Too much expense and trouble. Just sticking to 1800 cal, 75 proteins and under 20 total carbs. The rest can take care of itself.
Old 04-10-2013, 07:57 AM   #630
Senior LCF Member

Hi all.
Lindy- I am following a more NK plan too and am very pleased with how I feel and the weight I am losing....keep it up!

Amber-Detoxing from caffeine is the worst. Once you get it out of your system you will feel great though!

Kemp-You and your family are in my thoughts, praying for your father's recovery.

As for me, I am back on the wagon and weighed in today at 181. TOM came on Monday, so I am hoping that I will be down close to 177/178 on Monday morning when I weigh in for my weight loss competition.