Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2013, 07:21 AM   #571
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Terra2721
Stats: 232/164/150
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: restart 9/17/2012
Hi all just a quick pop in to wish everyone a wonderful weekend full of good clean eating, family, friends, and if you celebrate it Happy Easter. I will be leaving for Ohio tomorrow afternoon and not sure I will get a chance to pop in over the weekend. I am holding steady at 177.5/178. Going to try very hard not to give into temptation while away....and if I do it will only be for 1 day.

Chelsey---please do come let us know how you are doing!
Terra2721 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2013, 10:30 AM   #572
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: katsue82
Stats: 182/155/135
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2013
Kemp: I do hope those treatments work for you and that they aren't painful.

Amber: My vacation was wonderful! Work has been so crazy this month that I'm already ready for another one!!

Terra:: I hope you have a fun and safe weekend in Ohio! My biggest temptation are those doggone Cadbury mini eggs! I've asked my parents not to have them anywhere around so hopefully I'll be safe for Easter!

Eating is going pretty well:

B: 5 sausage balls with coffee
L: Taco pie with jalapenos and sour cream
S: Cocoa Cream Cheese Muffin
D: Chicken something with a salad

Working out though (argh!) I was doing so great on C25K and 30 Day Shred. Need to stop making excuses and make time for it!! I stall so badly without exercise!!
katsue82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:45 PM   #573
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
Start Date: 8/18/14
Hey everyone.

I had the Atkins' Beef Merlot for lunch. I'd rate it good. But honestly, it was way too small for me. And kind of tasted like potroast. I am happier with my own frozen meals I make. I will prob. buy it again for emergencies, but am not sure. I really enjoyed the egg scramble one though that I had last week.

Katsue - Your menu sounds awesome. I love sausage balls, taco meat and jalapenos, chocolate and cheese cake, and chicken. I think I need to have you mail up everything and send it to me. I'm going to make cheesecake muffins tonight because you of. I'm glad your vacation was great!!

Terra - Have a wonderful time!! Remember that no matter what, you'll do great when you get home.

Linda - Where are you? I miss you. The cheesecake conversation made me think of you. Come check in.
Old 03-29-2013, 12:12 AM   #574
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LauraDavis
Stats: 245.8/190.6/145
Start Date: March 2013
Kemp - Hope the laser treatment is a great sucess so you can keep up your workouts. Good luck with it.

Katsue - your food sounds wonderful.

Terra - Have a great weekend!

Have 2 days off this weekend. I love holidays it's about the only time I get 2 days off in a row. Gonna play with the crab ragoon concept and see what I come up with. I also just got 5 different flavors of sugarfree syrup so the possiblilites to play with my food this weekend are gonna be great. Gonna make oopsie doughnuts for him sat morning and then I think the oopsie french toast sunday morning. Give him something different. Just hoping my back pain eases up enough for me to be able to stand in the kitchen long enough to play around.
LauraDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 05:16 AM   #575
Blabbermouth!!!

Laura - what flavors did you get? I'm going to order more SF syrups and can't decide. I want them all.

So last night, I made cream cheese muffins. But I modified Linda's recipe and made chocolate/vanilla muffins. Basically, I did everything normal and poured them into the muffin tins, but saved 1/4 of the batter. I added cocoa to that part of the batter and poured the chocolate into the centers of the muffins. Some were all vanilla, I actually did a few solid chocolate, and the rest are really pretty swirls. I just tried my first since they had to set and get cold, and it was a swirl and was AWESOME. I'm not sure if I added enough splenda or cocoa but the small amount of chocolate inthis one was perfect. It will be easier to tell when I have the solid chocolate. I'll def. take pictures next time I make these.
AsmallerME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:20 AM   #576
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kempmuhlbauer
Stats: 274/274/190
WOE: Normal old atkins
Start Date: 10/21/13
Hey gang, just wanted to let you know that I am still on plan barely, dad is in hospital so I had to rush to Beaumont yesterday. I will post upon return. Trying super hard to stay on plan, not easy when staying in a hospital but very doable. He is going to be fine.
kempmuhlbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:54 AM   #577
Blabbermouth!!!

Kemp, I'm sorry about your dad. Thank goodness he'll be okay. Hang in there. The choices you make today won't impact your overall success. It's the long-term stuff that matters. So make the best choice you can in the moment and when you get back, you'll be back on track.
Old 03-29-2013, 01:12 PM   #578
Senior LCF Member

Kemp So sorry to hear about your dad! We're so glad he's going to be ok--and we're all thinking of you!

Amber I feel like my chocolate muffins may have been a tiny bit bitter...i LOVE LOVE LOVE the idea of swirls. Can't wait to do that! That should be perfect.

Laura I'm anxiously awaiting the results of the crab rangoon trial! Can't wait!!!

Well, I'm happy to admit that I'm back down to my pre-vacation, pre-"off the wagon" weight" of 159! Feels great! Today's menu:

B: More sausage balls!!
L: Chicken salad with a bit of green onion and mayo on mixed greens
D: Oven fried chicken, deviled eggs, green beans

Hope everyone has a fabulous Easter!!
Old 03-29-2013, 02:41 PM   #579
Blabbermouth!!!

Kat - Please post your sausage ball recipe. I want to make some. Also, the solid chocolate one was a bit bitter for me. Next time, I'll add more splenda to the chocolate batter before I swirl it in. I'm so doing this again on Sunday to bring to work to share with my fellow LC eaters. They came out cute. I'm going to try to make shapes this time - maybe hearts?
Old 03-29-2013, 02:42 PM   #580
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh, and Kat, congrats on the pre-off-the-wagon weight!!!
Old 03-29-2013, 04:34 PM   #581
Senior LCF Member

Hey Amber...thanks girl! I'm pumped to be back in the swing!

The recipe I use actually came from a lady on here, quoted below. Such a sweet, sweet story. I use hot sausage and the hot and spicy pork rinds because I like them to have a bit of a kick. They're super easy and I just make a batch, freeze in portions of 5-6 and have breakfast for the week for work!:

Quote:
Originally Posted by enelkay View Post
This is a recipe my husband developed years ago, and until he became too ill to do it he always made sure there was a supply of them in the fridge for our "Snax Attax."

He passed away in October, and I haven't made them since. But I'm glad you mentioned sausage balls because that reminds me to put what I need for them on my shopping list. I've been off low-carb for well over a year because while he was ill he needed a high-carb, high-calorie diet to try to keep his weight on, and I was eating the same things I fixed for him. Now I've about cleaned out what was left of the high-carb things in the freezer and pantry, and I'm about ready to go back on a strict low-carb diet. My weight is up to over 160, and I sure need to do something about it!

Van's Sausage Snax
Makes about 36

1 pkg. (3 oz.) pork rinds, finely crushed
1 pkg. (14.4 oz. to 1 lb.) bulk sausage, flavor of your choice
2 tsp. dried minced onion
3 eggs, slightly beaten
1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium-size bowl, combine pork rinds, sausage, onion, eggs and cheese, and mix with fingers until ingredients are well mixed. Form into about 36 small balls. Spray cookie sheet lightly with non-stick spray; arrange sausage balls on cookie sheet, and bake about 30 minutes until done. Serve hot or cold.

Recipe developed by Van Keilholz

Last edited by katsue82; 03-29-2013 at 04:35 PM..
Old 03-29-2013, 11:06 PM   #582
Major LCF Poster!

Kemp - My thoughts and prayers are with you and your father.

Amber yer muffins sound wonderful. I got raspberry, vanilla, chocolate, carmel, and peppermint. Gonna play with them and then maybe order more.

Katsue - thank you for the recipe.

We had Applebee's for dinner tonghit. The parmesan grilled shrimp topped sirloin... YUMMY. It was only 4 carbs too.
Old 03-30-2013, 12:47 PM   #583
Major LCF Poster!

Been stress eating, dad not doing so good. All Been on plan jus eating a lot, no exercise because my foot will not allow me to walk stairs in hospital. Oh we'll could be worse things could be happening. Have a good One
y'all
Old 03-30-2013, 06:08 PM   #584
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Terra2721
Stats: 232/164/150
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: restart 9/17/2012
Kemp-Sorry to hear about your dad. His quick recovery is in my prayers.

Kat- Sausage ball recipe looks great...going to have to try it.

Checking in to hold myself accountable....took 24 hours before falling off the wagon while visiting my family. Going to try my best to take each day as it comes and stay as low carb as possible.
Terra2721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 06:35 AM   #585
Major LCF Poster!

Terra; It happens, enjoy your time with the family. We are all human and are allowed to enjoy life at times when we need to. I know I do at times.

I have been living at the hospital but somehow managing to stay somewhat on plan. Not y normal eating habits but well with in the normal atkins range. Keeping carbs well below 20 a day. I have been drinking a bourbon or two at night to take the edge off. I did weight this morning(on a random scale at moms house) and was 234, 2 pounds up. But that could just be to overeating or the scale is slightly different. I did pick up some sugar free candies which I never do when focused and on plan. But I feel I deserve a little treat. My dad is doing ok, we have a big hill to climb but the outlooks is decent at this time. Thanks for the kind words.

"STAY HEALTHY MY FRIENDS"

GOALS:
1. Keep on plan
2. Stay on plan
3. Work out
4. Run a 1/2 marathon on Jan. 19th!!!
Old 03-31-2013, 08:13 AM   #586
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 265/229/150
WOE: NK
Start Date: January, 2013
Happy Easter

Happy Easter everybody,
Hope you all have a terrific day.

Kemp, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your dad. Sometimes it's almost worse for the family to watch the loved ones in hospital. Try to stay safe.

My time in Austin is going good. Mostly staying on plan, but it's hard isn't it? Haven't gained or lost so I guess I'm ok.

This is definitely the time for family and bonding. Will keep in touch.
Lindy in Louisiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:39 PM   #587
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: chelseybelle27
Stats: 300.3/283.0/healthy :)
WOE: Extended Induction
Start Date: 08-25-14
Hey guys, if its not one thing its another! Work is hard, but balancing work and life is harder. Good news is, I LOVE IT!

I plan to recommit tomorrow. Been off the train and I feel even worse for it. I need to know how to balance things so it may be a struggle, but I am up for the challenge. Sorry to leave you guys, I have been both exhausted and sick for the past week, guessing its my first nursing cold

Ill pop in tomorrow and check up on what you have been up to. I have MISSED you all! Seriously, I have thought about you guys every day while I was eating gross (okay, yummy) things I shouldnt have, which made me feel GROSS! Hope you all had a great Easter!

Goal #1: 265.0 (Back to where I was last year!)
Goal #2: 240.0 (Back to where I was 2 years ago, seeing a trend )
Goal #3: 215.0 (Almost there!)
Goal #4: 195.0 (GOOOOOAAAAL!)
chelseybelle27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:09 AM   #588
Major LCF Poster!

Kemp - you and your dad are still in my prayers.

Chelsey - HI!!!!!!!!!!!!! miss you.... great to hear that you are loving the job. Hope you get the balancing act down quickly.

Terra - the sausage ball recipe is wonderful!

Linda - glad yer enjoying family time.

Happy Easter everyone... here's what I'm doing with my night... cooking, yeah yeah big surprise there huh? Making crab ragoon.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YUMMY! I tried one before it was deep fried and one after. Good both ways but the deep frying makes it pop!!!!

Here's the process for ya. (Tell me if no one wants pics)

Oh last pic the deep fried one is in the front... may I repeat......OMG YUMMY!!!!!!!!!

portion control is gonna be hard with these lil gems...no more tonight so I'm gonna deep fry the others when I'm ready to eat them.
Oh and all I did was make crepes without the splenda or sf syrup in them and then the filling is a package of cream cheese, about 1/4 cup or less of chopped green onions, 1 - 2 Tablespoons of splenda, and 1 can of white meat crab from a can. Remember the filling will taste better the next day, when the flavors have time to blend together properly. I just couldn't wait. I always used the fake stuff cuz it had a better taste when I used to make these but I looked at the fake crab legs... Carb city!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg crab ragoon 003.jpg (34.6 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg crab ragoon 002.jpg (33.3 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg crab ragoon 004.jpg (32.9 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg crab ragoon 005.jpg (35.8 KB, 2 views)
Old 04-01-2013, 02:11 AM   #589
Major LCF Poster!

ok so now the no bake cheesecake is in the fridge. I added SF Raspberry syrup and a bit of raspberry extract to the recipe. I wanted to swirl it but no good on that it's just a touch too thick. Will have to do a baked cheesecake for that. And yes I cheated a lil bit, I used an almond flour crust. He went off plan today and has no plan to come back, so everything has to be shareable. At least it's only a lil cheat not a big one. Will take pics when it comes out of the mold tonight.

Also have the lc muffins in the oven. To get around the bitter of a swirled chocolate/vanilla muffin I added guess what... SF chocolate syrup and cocoa with a bit of extra sweetener... tasted so good might make plain chocolate ones next time. I think I really love these syrups! Now I'm gonna have to buy more... found a recipe for a coconut cream pie that can be low carb..... sounds wonderful.

I think I have big time cooking out of my system until next weekend... never know though.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:43 AM   #590
Blabbermouth!!!

Laura - sounds like you really enjoyed yourself in the kitchen this weekend. It's great that you have a hobby that will increase your health! The peppermint paddy flavor is on my list to buy. I love anything chocolate and mint.

Chelsey - so glad you're coming back!! I missed you! Tell us how it's been being a nurse. Is your son back in school during the day? DS is completely potty trained now. You were right that when they decide, it just happens and it is pretty easy. He went from resisting us to just doing it and was accident free within a week. Awesomeness.

Lindy - So glad you're enjoying the time in Austin. You're doing great! One meal at a time.

Kemp - How's your dad today? Will he be leaving the hospital soon?

Terra - Is it bad that I think 24 hours is impressive?? I seriously fall off so fast when I'm around my family. Stress eating hits a peak level in their home.

Katsue - Thanks for that recipe! They sound good. I'm an anti-pork rind person, but I may try them without the rinds. I also love hot sausage and hot things.

I hope everyone had a great Easter weekend. We ended up hosting lunch at our house and that turned my Saturday into a stressful shopping day. Every store was packed - I had to finish getting stuff for DS' basket, get food, clean the house, etc. It was a long Saturday. Sunday was wonderful - DS slept in, he loved his basket, loved finding the eggs, and then we had a great lunch with our friends/family. We took a long walk after lunch and crashed early last night. It was an exhausting weekend. I need another to relax.

Ended up making some bad choices last night. Went to bed feeling awful for it. Absolutely awful. Renewed energy today. I'm so happy for LC.
Old 04-01-2013, 06:39 AM   #591
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: chelseybelle27
Stats: 300.3/283.0/healthy :)
WOE: Extended Induction
Start Date: 08-25-14
Laura- everything sounds yummy! You sounds like a great cook! Giving me some ideas when I get to the dreaded grocery store today

Amber- WONDERFUL news about your DS! Yep, you definitely have to make it feel like its their "idea"...hahaha how funny, they are definitely boys, arent they?!! (just kidding Kemp!) I am so glad you had a great Easter, sounds like a busy couple of days!

Okay, so nursing. Rewarding, stressful, and amazing all rolled into one! The 12 hour days fly by, but I am so exhausted once I realize I am sitting down once again I love it, I really do, and even though I have only had 2 days on the floor, I can feel myself picking it up quickly. Time management at work and at home is going to be my biggest challenges, and with LC, I will have to prepare for coming home at 8pm and looking for dinner...I will have to be preparing ahead of time, which is my plan for the next couple of days while I have the time off.

We had a great Easter, DS is really into the whole holiday thing now with the Easter Bunny and the eggs! He LOVED his swingset, and he got a spiderman/green goblin city that he has wanted since Christmas, along with some ninja turtle and transformer stuff from his Gigi (when did Easter become Christmas Lite? ) so needless to say, he is a happy boy! I need to go to the store today....I havent been in over 3 weeks and I NEED to since we have eaten out too much! I am dreading it

I missed you guys! I wish I could give each of ya a hug!! Thanks for taking me back, I feel like a total goob...I hope the juggling act works itself out soon!
chelseybelle27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:01 AM   #592
Blabbermouth!!!

Chelsey - So glad you had a great time with your son. I only got DS 1 toy (jake and the neverland pirates tiny figures), 3 books, and 1 stuffed animal for his basket, but DH got mad and said it was too much. haha. He has a big basket. Can you eat at work? If so, pack a cooler full of food and eat dinner at work. Then when you get home, pop a few macadamian nuts or something to take the edge off before bed. When I work late nights, I try to eat here before heading home. Or have some salami/cheese roll ups in the fridge ready so you can just eat fast. It's the worst to come home and be starving after a long day. Anything you can do to keep the temptation at bay. And also, remember that once you get to day 4, you'll be in the groove and can handle everything and anything.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:49 PM   #593
Major LCF Poster!

Glad to hear all the lil guys had a great Easter. I know I enjoyed mine.

Chelsey - so glad you like the job. My mom is a nurse and I know she loves it.

With Terry not contuining Atkins it opens a whole new world of food to me.... all the stuff that he won't eat is now doable for me. Welcome back to my world broccoli and artichokes. So crack slaw for dinner tomorrow! It sounds so good.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:01 AM   #594
Blabbermouth!!!

Laura - It's funny that you feel liberated with your husband not doing LC. I think I'd feel the opposite - I wouldn't have to cook so much at least! But I can see that his opinion would twart my perfect meals too. I hope you enjoy the crack slaw. It just tastes like meat and cabbage to me, but I think I'm the oddity.

So I made those cream cheese muffins again and since I was so excited to make them into swirly-hearts, I of course had bad results. haha. I didn't have enough vanilla extract so I used torani vanilla to try to increase the vanilla flavor but it's not so great to me. Nothing like the french vanilla davinci (need to order more). I also did equal parts vanill and chocolate, so it was harder to swirl it in. I've realized to make a design, you really need a very small amount of chocolate on top. Too much and it kind of blobs out everywhere. Oh well. My co-workers will love them either way.

Today's been busy. I've been in meetings all morning and need a rest.
Old 04-02-2013, 05:16 PM   #595
Senior LCF Member

Kemp: Please let us know how your dad is doing. We're thinking about you.

Laura: Thank you so so much for the crab rangoon trial! I can't wait to duplicate it my next cooking day!!!

Amber: Oh no! I'm sorry you don't like pork rinds. Actually, I can't stand them out of the bag either, but I cook with them all the time...just can't inhale their scent or think about what they are I still haven't gotten around to making a batch of cream cheese muffins--hopefully I'll have a big cooking night tomorrow or thursday and make up some of those swirl ones! Can't wait!

Chels: So glad to hear from you!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats on your Cards. I'm actually a Card fan for the next week--don't tell anyone. That injury broke my heart and brought me to root for them.

I stuck to plan all Easter weekend...then my dad presented me with a chocolate peanut butter bunny (because we "all must have a chocolate bunny on Easter"). I was going to divide him up in pieces, but I ate him Sunday night--20 carbs. Oh well...my weight was actually at an all-time low today. 157!!!
Old 04-02-2013, 05:25 PM   #596
Senior LCF Member

Laura: Btw, are the crepes essentially made the same way as the oopsie rolls, just spread out before baking?
Old 04-02-2013, 05:57 PM   #597
Major LCF Poster!

Katsue - yeah they are the same stuff, only difference is they are fried in a skillet instead of baked. Make sure to let them stand a few minutes on paper towels to drain and firm up. I rolled all mine with filling then put them in the fridge... frying them as a eat them.

Amber - I'm not that impressed with the crack slaw... I think it would be better with chicken or a lot less hamburger and I added extra sesame oil, soy sauce and hot sauce stuff....made mine with fresh ginger, I think next time I'd saute the ginger with the garlic and onions. Didn't read the recipe far enough to think of that in advance.

Oh and Cards as in Cardinals? LOL... I'm in St. Louis. Everything here is Cards!

Last edited by LauraDavis; 04-02-2013 at 05:59 PM..
Old 04-02-2013, 06:10 PM   #598
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraDavis View Post
Katsue - yeah they are the same stuff, only difference is they are fried in a skillet instead of baked. Make sure to let them stand a few minutes on paper towels to drain and firm up. I rolled all mine with filling then put them in the fridge... frying them as a eat them.
Haha yes...as soon I asked that I remembered your picture of it frying in the skillet--duh! It's been a long week already And yes, Cards as in Cardinals (Louisville). I'm a huge Kentucky fan and Chels is a Louisville fan, but I've forgiven her
Old 04-03-2013, 07:53 AM   #599
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey everyone! Happy Hump day!

Kemp - sending you good thoughts.

Chelsey - still missing you.

Katsue - It's good to know you aren't a pork rind fan either. Maybe I'll grab a bag to try in something sometime as a filler and just work them in fast. Congrats on the new low!!!! I'm kind of surprised that the chocolate/p'nut butter bunny was only 20 carbs. That sounds totally worthwhile.

Laura - That's how I feel about that recipe too. So boring to me and I have to really try to make it taste special. Too much work for not enough reward.

I'm enjoying my coffee and cream a few more days. I plan to give it up cold turkey this weekend. Shakes are going too. I know they are stalling me and not worth it. I'm going to save them for weekends only or special treats.

B: coffee shake (oh how I love thee); atkins egg breakfast bowl (awesome)
S: handful of mixed nuts (mostly almonds)
L: coney island pie (from freezer stash)
S: cream cheese muffin
D: hotdogs w/ mustard and green beans
Old 04-03-2013, 01:51 PM   #600
Blabbermouth!!!

Bump. Where is everyone?