Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2013, 07:44 AM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: chelseybelle27
Stats: 300.3/274.2/healthy :)
WOE: Extended Induction
Start Date: 08-25-14
Thank you Linda! This is what I miss most, BBQ on my chicken, ribs, etc. This would be great for my crock pot boneless ribs...yumm! I will looks for all the ingredients tomorrow. Also, thanks for sharing how to google him, I saw his before and after...what an inspiration! I also "liked" his page on facebook, seems like he has some good recipes on there.

Tina! Good luck on Monday! We've missed ya!

Welcome back Jamie! Great for you DH and I am sure you are down some lbs too! I tried with all my might not to weigh daily, but sigh, I am a daily weigher at heart Doesnt help that I moved my scale from the top of the fridge to the bathroom.

So, scale stayed the same for me today...I seasoned my chicken when baking in seasoned salt, so I think that didnt help, but I feel less bloated so that helps the motivation. Weekly weigh in is tomorrow, so I hope to see a drop then! I will be extra good today

Hope everyone is having a great day. Scheduled my nursing boards yesterday, so its time to get cracking on those books. When I am home with DS all day, its hard to get studying in, and by the time DH gets back from work, I am exhausted. I am thinking of asking my MIL to watch him after works a few days a week so I can get uninterrupted study time. She would LOVE it lol

Goal #1: 265.0 (Back to where I was last year!)
Goal #2: 240.0 (Back to where I was 2 years ago, seeing a trend )
Goal #3: 215.0 (Almost there!)
Goal #4: 195.0 (GOOOOOAAAAL!)
chelseybelle27 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2013, 08:07 AM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Terra2721
Stats: 232/164/150
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: restart 9/17/2012
Linda-Thanks for the BBQ sauce recipe, I will have to give it a try.

Tina-Welcome

Jamie-Awesome that your husband is doing low carb with you. Do not get discouraged in you scale numbers. When I re-started in September it was slow going until about 8 weeks into it. I have been doing some reading on Ketosis and it seems that it can take anywhere from 2-12 weeks for your body to settle into ketosis. I think this was the case in my situation, staying diligent and not cheating was tough but I dropped steadily after the 8 week mark.

Chelsey-Good luck with the pending boards! Looking forward to hearing how your weigh in goes tomorrow.

As for me, I weighed in on the school clinic scale at 201lbs! Which means I officially dropped the weight I gained over the holidays and am 2 lbs away from onederland! I will most likely wait to weigh in again until Monday, fingers crossed I am under 200lbs on Monday. My goal is to be at my pre-pregnancy weight (175) by my son's 2nd birthday on 2/27; that is a pretty lofty goal but hoping it motivates me to avoid cheating and work in some exercise.

Linda, you asked if I woke up hungry when I do not eat dinner....not really, I am trying to avoid eating just to eat, so am working to eat solely when I am hungry....I think because of the high amount of fat I am eating along with ketosis it caused my appetite to decline drastically.

Menu:
B-4 slices of bacon, 24 oz of coffee, .5 oz of heavy cream
S-2 xl eggs scrambled with .5 oz of heavy cream and .5 oz of cheddar cheese
L-4 oz of tuna salad 2 oz of provolone cheese
D- may 6 chicken wings (if I am hungry)
Terra2721 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:07 AM   #33
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: pawleys14
Stats: 305/277.8/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarting August 11, 2013
good morning everyone.... just a short note...

and Chelsey - your dinner I adore anything mexican......

going out to breakfast with friends... going to have eggs and bacon....
and maybe some sausage....

today I am really going to get tough..... no going over 20 carbs a day... will measure everything..... am really going to try to stick with this..... just for the next 6 weeks... see if I can really do it..... and maybe then I will have a great results before I go to Michigan to see my babies....

well, must go.. will come back later...

everyone have a great day....

Proud Grandma to Kyle and Derek - the loves of my life.... granddaughter Abigail (Abby)

May today there be peace within you. May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.
pawleys14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:38 AM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Linda1960
Stats: 246/195/145
WOE: JUDDD/(combined with WW-type foods)
Start Date: Highest wt: 246/ Start JUDDD 8/18/2014 @ 209.8
You're welcome (for the BBQ recipe)! Hope you enjoy it as much as I do. It's finger-licking good and tastes as sweet as any of those sugary BBQ sauces out there!

Today's menu:
B (5am) - 2 eggs scrambled with 1 sl. cheese, 1 sl. bacon, several coffees w/HC & Splenda
S-(9:30am) - Ham & Swiss rollup dipped in sweet mayo (mayo with splenda)
L - (12 noon) - Roasted Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings, bleu cheese, celery
S - (mid-afternoon) - Eggsalad, if needed.
D - (6 pm) - small Ribeye Steak, Salad with Ranch & Oil
S - Decaf coffee, and ham and swiss rollup, or Eggsalad - if needed.
Workout: Plan to do 30 - 45 min. on treadmill, or do one of my Turbo Jam DVD workouts.

Terra: Thanks for responding to my question about your eating strategy. I sort of do the same thing. I only eat when I'm hungry. I find I get real hungry about an hour after being up, and I work 12-hour days outside of the home, so I always make sure I pack a bunch of stuff and bring it with me to work. I used to just eat 2 or 3x a day, but I found I ate too much at one meal in one sitting. After reading some information about how too much protein can also turn to glucose and get stored as fat, I decided to try and eat smaller meals more often throughout the day.....and that seems to help me keep a nice balance throughout the day........AND gives my body a chance to burn what I ate as fuel in between each small meal. It seems that "grazing" allows my body to burn it better. When I eat only twice a day, etc.......it's as if my brain knows it won't see food for a long time, and causes me to gorge on food. I know it's a "mental" thing......but I'm guilty of it. And when I DO eat breakfast early, it seems to turn on my metabolism which really helps me get going and face the day!

Have a good day everyone!

1998 - 246 lbs.-Highest weight Pre-Atkins. Lost 70 lbs on Atkins, and kept it off for years. Then gained some back (225) when I stopped doing low-carb. Did WW (225 - 209.8)/Started JUDDD 8/18/14 @ 209.8 lbs!

Last edited by Linda1960; 01-10-2013 at 08:40 AM..
Linda1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:27 AM   #35
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
Start Date: 8/18/14
Ya'll are all so funny, encouraging, and awesome!

Linda - thanks for the awesome recipe. I'm going to try it too. Also, since JUDDD involves very low calorie days (every other day), I wanted to chime in on the hunger after a low calorie day. Surprisingly, sleep seems to reset my appetite. So if I go to bed hungry, I usually wake up feeling perfectly calm and full. I think it helps to shrink my stomach at night and reset my needs or something.

Terra - I cannot wait for you to post that you hit ONE-derland!!! Oh, and sometimes lofty goals are exactly what we need.

Mandy - good work getting back into ketosis!! I hope you get a nice woosh as a reward!

Pawley - good work on the 10 pounds and that awesome menu! It's diverse, high in fat, but not too high in calories. Probably close to perfect!!

Jaime - post girl!! I'm jealous that your husband is doing it too. Mine is super tall and skinny (6'2.5 and 175) and said he'd try LC with me and lasted 1.5 days. He is too in love with carbs to really do it.

Tina - 180 is a very good goal for you to concentrate on!!

Chels - that dinner sounds AMAZING. I love taco anything. I'm glad you had a fun time at the zoo. All that walking and the later dinner probably kept the scale the same. Your body is probably a little sore and retaining water to fix things. Also, what was your son's favorite exhibit/animal? DS is in love with leopards for some reason.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:38 AM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Amber- I never thought of that...I had a lot of sodium yesterday, so I figure with that, and the walking like you said, my body is just holding on to the water! DS' favorite animal has always been the tiger for sure, but he loves the wallaroos (we have this walkabout thing where they are literally there with no cage between us!) and the polar bears. We have an awesome polar bear at the zoo, hes still a baby, and he just jumps and dives in the water constantly. So glad we got to see him out yesterday...hes mommy's favorite

Terra- I am also very excited to see you in ONEderland! I think you will be pleasantly surprised by Monday!

Diana- I am also trying to be a stickler to the plan. I havent had any slip ups, but I am tracking everything that I put in my mouth and it seems to help. I have tried not to track and just go by what I know, but I think until I feel more in control, I will track my little heart away

Linda- Just my 2 cents, I also feel full in the morning after I go to bed hungry. Sometimes when I stuff my face too close to bedtime, I feel ravenous in the morning. Weird how its opposite from what I would think. I havent been having a appetite until about 11, so I sticking with my intermittent fasting and eating from 11am to 8pm. Seems to be going fine for me...rarely do I eat after 7pm, and if I do, its purely due to boredom, which I am working on. Also, your menu sounds YUMMY!

Read something in people, by Dr. Oz. Makes sense and I might try it tomorrow....

"Eat Breakfast Like a King, Lunch Like a Prince and Dinner Like a Pauper."

It will apparently help you control your hunger. Dont really know the science behind it, but in a study with low carb dieters too, big breakfasts win out over time. However, if you did this while doing a LC diet, it makes sense that you would win overall? Who knows, worth a shot, besides, I am not usually hungry for dinner anyway.

Last edited by chelseybelle27; 01-10-2013 at 09:42 AM..
Old 01-10-2013, 10:46 AM   #37
Blabbermouth!!!

back from having breakfast with friends...... had two eggs and nice crisp bacon... and I drank 3 very large glasses of water my two friends are also watching their weight... one if on WW and the other is counting cal.... and they both had cheese omlettes, hand browns, and toast and jelly... pretty much hi-carb.... but if it works for them... then ok...... but if I had eaten that meal.... my B/S would of been very high.....

going to do my WA later this afternoon...

rest of the day for me...
L - will have the sloppy joe again on cole slaw..
D - maybe some chicken and some veggies..... or some shrimp...

Chelsey - my Dad said that statement alot.... he loved breakfast.... and would eat that way king - prince and then pauper...... and he was thin.....

I also need to boil up some eggs...... I just keep forgetting to do that
Old 01-10-2013, 12:24 PM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Okay.............so I just have to share this with you all! My highest weight EVER was 246 lbs. I have been stuck at 200-220 lbs for the past couple of years.

Well, I guess you could say I am obsessed and frustrated with my weight, and it is definitely on my mind DAY and NIGHT.

The other night I dreamt that I stayed on plan right through the holidays, (just like I REALLY DID.........not even ONE COOKIE OR ANYTHING)! But in my dream, I noticed my clothes were getting tighter and tighter. So I kept working out and dieting, (AS I HAVE BEEN), and in my dream my husband says that he noticed my clothes are getting really tight. And he was concerned about my health, knowing how hard I am working at it!

So, in my dream, I call my doctor and go in for a checkup! When I stood on the scale in my dream, I weighed in at 311.8 lbs! I was so shocked and upset to find out that I gained over 100 lbs over the holidays with diet and exercise! TALK ABOUT A NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I demanded that the nurse re-weigh me over and over.........but it kept coming up 311.8!

Boy, was I glad to wake up and find out that I am 210 pounds rather than 311.8 as I was in the dream! Geeeeezh! Talk about scaring the pants off of yourself! So I guess you could say that I am obsessed about my overweight condition!
Old 01-10-2013, 01:00 PM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Skinnurse
Stats: 235/.../175
WOE: LC..ACE
Start Date: 01/07/2013
Thanks Amber!! I'm getting quite the whoosh. Down 6.5 since Monday! Y'all are inspirational and keep me motivated.

Linda, omg that is the worst dream ever to gain 100lbs
Skinnurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:27 PM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

Mandy: Holy cow! 6.5 pound whoosh since Monday? That is incredible! Congratulations on your hard work so far. And when you're done with the whoosh fairy, please send her my way. LOL! Keep up the good work; you will be at your goal in no time!
Old 01-10-2013, 04:42 PM   #41
Blabbermouth!!!

Linda - what a awful dream.......

Mandy - on your whoosh...... and also send the whoosh fairy over to my home

just got back from 1hr and 10 min WA...... it felt soooo good...... but now I want to go to bed...and it is way tooooo early.....

got a shock this evening..... going to have shrimp and I saw I had some cocktail sauce in the refrig... and looked at it..... OMG...... 18 net carbs for 1/4 cup...... a whole day of carbs... so I am going to make a sauce of mayo, mustard, lemon juice and a bit of horseradish... and save the carbs... just did not know that stuff was sooooooo high in carbs.... pure sugar.....
Old 01-10-2013, 05:57 PM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Thanks ladies, I will share the fairy right away. I honestly think it was really retaining a lot of fluid that's why the number is so big but ill take it
Old 01-11-2013, 06:38 AM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Linda- what a horrible dream! I would die if I was 100 heavier...well, possible quite literally :/

Mandy- GREAT job on the 6.5 lbs! Woo hoo!

Diana- you WA sounds amazing...what I wouldnt give to get in a warm pool right now! I used to be a swimmer in HS and I just loved being in the water, esp when its all warm.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:43 AM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

I pushed post too fast

Weigh in today left me at 275.8...my scale was all wonky for some reason, but thats the first reading I got so I am sticking to it. That puts me at 7.4 for the last 7 days! Yay!

I had too much sodium again yesterday according to my tracker, so I will work on that today. Plan is to go to a big ol' park and walk on their trail with DS, as it should be close to 70 today (in Indiana...in January!!!!) and then play some basketball with him on the courts there because DH thinks he needs to "practice" for his game tomorrow...I mean, c'mon, hes 3! Hes so silly and cute at the same time, I cant stand it Then, we will play on the playground and go get some groceries. I hope to chill the boy out before the store...stores+active preschoolers= no fun.

Hope everyone has a great Friday!
Old 01-11-2013, 07:48 AM   #45
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
Start Date: 8/18/14
Chelsey - I've heard that saying before too. It seems like a good thing to try. Have fun today with all your activities. I'm tired just thinking about it all. Oh, and WTG on over 7 pounds in your first week!!! I think you need 8 per month to hit your goal by this fall, so only 1 more to go and you've hit the first month's goal!!!

Linda - that would be an absolute nightmare!! It's funny how our bodies tell us stuff like that in our sleep. I seem to have food nightmares sometimes when I'm strict on plan. Like I'll eat 10 cakes and gain weight and then wake up and be so releaved that I didn't really cheat.

Mandy - Yay!!!! Soooo great!! What are you eating? And after you hit another few pounds, share that fairy!!

Pawley - that is shocking! Who knew that cocktail sauce had so many carbs?! Not me. I'm constantly surprised at the carb levels and calorie levels in some very common foods.

I'm starting regular JUDDD today with a DD. Figure I'll give it 2 weeks and see how I feel. So here goes something. Can't eat much today so I plan to go to the mall on my lunch hour and walk around and maybe buy a new top or two for work. Tomorrow is my birthday celebration and I'm going to my favorite restaurant. I might try to take DS to this little outside museum thing we have here that has some animals at it. He's been begging to go to the zoo and it's a far drive so we aren't doing that this weekend.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Friday!
AsmallerME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:08 AM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

Amber- thanks for putting that in perspective! I think I can hit that goal this month

Good luck on your DD and enjoy shopping! In case I dont get to tell you tomorrow...have a VERY happy birthday!! Enjoy your day and that sounds like a great plan for DS! Have fun!!
Old 01-11-2013, 08:43 AM   #47
Major LCF Poster!

Pawley: Just thought I would share this with you. I LOVE shrimp cocktail.....but you are right........the carb count is out of control. And I cannot eat my shrimp without a good cocktail sauce. So to avoid that, but still enjoy your shrimp cocktail as it was meant to be eaten, I will take either that Heinz 1g carb reduced sugar ketchup and stir a tiny bit of horseradish sauce or the actual horseradish into it. Tastes just like regular cocktail sauce. If I dont have any of that ketchup in the house, then I use my Low-Carb BBQ sauce that I listed the recipe for earlier.......and stir in the horseradish and/or horseradish sauce into that, and use THAT as your cocktail sauce. Again it tastes awesome! It's sweet, yet has a hint of spice (depending on how much horseradish you use). Just add until it tastes perfect for you. Try it ......you will find that it tastes EXACTLY like the store-bought cocktail sauce.....or even better! I always keep a bowl of that BBQ sauce in my fridge, so it's easy and convenient. I just scoop out a little bit for cocktail sauce and add the horseradish, and enjoy! And it's VERY LOW CARB compared to that other stuff!

Chels: Wow......congratulations! You are having an awesome week! Keep up the good work; you are definitely going to hit your goal this month at that pace! You're an inspiration to ALL of us this week!

Amber: Good luck with your DD on the JUDDD plan. Let us know how you do! I look forward to seeing your progress with it. I might consider it if the scale does not continue to move for me!

I finally stepped on the scale, and YAY........I dropped 2 pounds. (Not as impressive as others on this thread....but I'll take it)! Back to 208...from 210. Now I hope I can keep on going, (since I was at 207 before the holidays and then gained 3 pounds.........probably from eating too much protein, etc. I didn't eat any cookies or pasta or potatoes.......but I enjoyed an abundance of meats, etc). I'm sure that's what caused the slight gain.

Yesterday's Menu:
B- 2 eggs scrambled, 1 sl. cheese, 1 sl. bacon, coffee with HC and Splenda
Mid-morning snack: Ham & Swiss Rollup dipped in sweet mayo
L- 8 Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings, 1/2 celery stalk, bleu cheese
D- 6 oz. grilled Ribeye Steak, Salad with Ranch & Oil
S- Mini LC Cheesecake, decaf coffee with HC and Splenda

Today's Menu:
B- Cheesey Scrambled Eggs, 1 1/2 sl. bacon, coffee with HC and Splenda
L- Not sure......protein & veggie/salad
D- Not sure......protein & veggie/salad
S- Ham & Swiss rollup, or Mini LC Cheesecake (if needed)

I plan to work out today. I missed my workout last night. Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Linda1960; 01-11-2013 at 08:50 AM..
Old 01-11-2013, 09:56 AM   #48
Blabbermouth!!!

Chelsey - have fun with DS at the park .... it is close to 70 here also... really love it.......

Amber - a day early.... hope you have a great day....

Linda - wow dropping two more pounds... great job.... I am having trouble purchasing LC ketchup ..I got it once... and can not remember where I got it.... and this is the South.... and they do not do LC products like up North.... but I will keep on looking... maybe piggly wiggly has it... because making my own cocktail will be great....

just got back from doing 45 min of my WA.... felt good..... going to get my hair cut this afternoon....

and I hope that I will finally start my walking tape.... guess I have just been lazy... but after doing my WA... I am a tad tired.... but will really try today.....
Old 01-11-2013, 10:20 AM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: katsue82
Stats: 182/155/135
Start Date: January 2013
Hi all and greetings on a beautiful Kentucky day!! I'm not sure if this is the proper place for a first post, so if I should go to another thread y'all can kick me out

I've done Atkins in the past with great results but really ready to get serious now. Been lurking on the boards for a bit (and using the fabulous recipes on past attempts!)...but wanted to introduce myself.

Went to the grocery yesterday and stocked up on a TON of meat, cheese and induction- friendly veggies--so it's go time!!

B: 2 hard boiled eggs with bacon
L: Chicken salad (boiled chicken, mayo, celery, green onion)
S: 2 oz cheese
D: pulled pork with dry rub (have this in the crock pot now!) and cole slaw

Have a fabulous afternoon!
katsue82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:12 AM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Robofitz
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 1/7/13
Hi everyone, my name is Jenn...is it too late to join? I have read all your post and all of you sound like amazing woman and very encouraging of one another
Robofitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:18 AM   #51
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Terra2721
Stats: 232/164/150
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: restart 9/17/2012
Pawley- The low carb ketchup is made by Heinz and the label reads "Reduced Sugar" Ketchup. I can find it in all the grocery stores here in Virginia, of course it is cheapest at Wal-Mart.

Linda-Congrats on the 2lbs! You may want to consider increase your fat intake, I have found for me that it really helps me burn fat and lose pounds.

Amber- Hope your DD day went well and that you found some great stuff at the mall.

Katsue- Welcome! Your Menu looks great!

Mandy & Chelsey- Congrats on your whooshes! Looks like your 1st week has been a big success!

I am home today with a sick little boy. He felt warm to me last night and has run a low grade fever as well as being extremely clingy. Thankfully he is eating and drinking normally...Waiting to see if he gets over it on his own before going into doctor. I couldn't resist stepping on my home scale this morning and it read.......200.2! Thinking I may arrive to onderland on Monday.

Menu:
B-3 slices of bacon, 14 oz of Coffee, .5 oz of heavy cream
L- half of a chicken burrito bowl (chicken, sauteed veggies, mild salsa, sour cream and cheese)
D- Probably the other half of the burrito bowl
Terra2721 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:57 PM   #52
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katsue82 View Post
Hi all and greetings on a beautiful Kentucky day!! I'm not sure if this is the proper place for a first post, so if I should go to another thread y'all can kick me out

I've done Atkins in the past with great results but really ready to get serious now. Been lurking on the boards for a bit (and using the fabulous recipes on past attempts!)...but wanted to introduce myself.

Went to the grocery yesterday and stocked up on a TON of meat, cheese and induction- friendly veggies--so it's go time!!

B: 2 hard boiled eggs with bacon
L: Chicken salad (boiled chicken, mayo, celery, green onion)
S: 2 oz cheese
D: pulled pork with dry rub (have this in the crock pot now!) and cole slaw

Have a fabulous afternoon!
Uh oh...A Kentucky fan? This may mean trouble because I am a die hard Louisville fan (I live about 30 minutes north of Louisville) Just kidding, , this is the PERFECT place for you to make your first post...all of these ladies are wonderful and inspirational!
Old 01-11-2013, 01:08 PM   #53
Major LCF Poster!

Linda- Yay on being almost back to pre Christmas weight! You are doing great...2 lbs is nothing to sneeze at

Diana- WA is a lot of work, so I would imagine you would be tired! Its nothing but resistance, and being in the water tires me out too! I couldnt find LC ketchup today at our store either? I usually get it at kroger, no problem, but today they had the reduced sodium and the normal, but no reduced sugar. Surprisingly since its the New year and all the resolutions!

Jenn- Yep, these ladies are great! please join and post when you cant...its very motivating and also helps you keep on track when you have "buddies" who are in the same boat!

Terra- poor little man, I hope he feels better soon! You know they dont feel well when they want to cuddle! Enjoy the cuddles today, but I do hope he feels better soon! Also, WOW on the 200.2! You're SOOOOO close!

Back from our marathon, I swear it took forever to get groceries...everyone must be preparing for the weekend? Weird. We went to the park, DS and I both walked the mile loop, even though I had the stroller, and he even wanted to run (jog) at points so I did it too Hes my little personal trainer Then we practiced bball for about 15 minutes (the goals are way too high and he got bored with dribbling, so we went to the playground and had a ball. Thank goodness for increased energy, because he had me climbing everywhere and sliding constantly. Like I said, a mini personal trainer! My poor appetite decided to come back at the grocery store, so I bought more than I expected (sorry DH ) but I have some yummy food to cook for the next 2 weeks!

Linda- I couldnt find all the ingredients in my neck of the woods for the BBQ sauce (molasses specifically), so I decided to try Walden Farms BBQ sauce because I had a craving for bbq and not having it wasnt going to cut it. I will keep looking for the molasses, but I will tell ya how this one is too when I try it!
Old 01-11-2013, 01:10 PM   #54
Senior LCF Member

Hi Chelsey! Yes, die hard UK fan!! It pains me to say this, but congrats on a great football season and I think you had some basketball win on NYE, but I don't recall I'm originally from Louisville...so I'm used to it!!

Thanks so much for the welcome Terra!
Old 01-11-2013, 01:26 PM   #55
Major LCF Poster!

Well, thank you Kat! The football team had one heck of a season, and we'll see how basketball goes this year, but so far so good Dont worry, my DH is an UK fan too, house divided...and I still like him too! (most days ) Where were you from in Louisville if you dont mind me asking? I grew up in Oldham County! I also used to live in Lexington (surprisingly I went to UK for a year, and then transferred back to UofL)...I was off of chinoe by campus. Sorry, so many questions, just dont "meet" to many people from my neck of the woods on here
Old 01-11-2013, 01:37 PM   #56
Senior LCF Member

Great job Chelsey!! Thats a great loss!

AS, Im eating a couple servings of veggies (green low starch), dairy, meats and fats thtats it. I post daily meals in here Road to Onederland!
Old 01-11-2013, 01:39 PM   #57
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Terra!

ASmall. I think the fairy has left the building. Only down .5 today. It's either I over ate yesterday which i think is possible or she is gone lol It's ok either way i will take a .5 loss over nothing
Old 01-11-2013, 01:52 PM   #58
Senior LCF Member

Congrats to everyone on their weight loss so far! I'm looking forward to that initial "quick drop". Even though it may be water weight, it's always so encouraging!!

Chels--I went to Ballard, so Eastern Jeff Co....not too far from Oldham County! My mom is from Westport in Oldham Co. Small, small world!!

Here's a question that's probably been asked a million times, but I'd like to know what you ladies think...diet soda? I know some say it's ok, some say it's not. So long as I drink plenty of water, has it been your experience that one or two a day hurt or stall? Hi..my name is katsue...and I'm a Diet Mt. Dew addict.
Old 01-11-2013, 02:03 PM   #59
Major LCF Poster!

How funny Kat, I went to Mercy, but know quite a few people who went to Ballard, as I was close by. Definitely small world!

Diet soda...hmm, I love it first off, but I am trying to give it up. It never stalls me, but I am just trying to be as clean as possible. I want to be able to see it as a treat, not just another substitute for water, ya know? I understand too, I am a Diet Coke addict, have been for years
Old 01-11-2013, 02:04 PM   #60
Senior LCF Member

I allow myself to have diet soda. In Atkins book (there are a few so it depends on which you read) you can have it. If I start to notice a stall, it will be the first thing I cut out