Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2013, 01:46 PM   #541
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kempmuhlbauer
Stats: 274/274/190
WOE: Normal old atkins
Start Date: 10/21/13
Just got back home. I at least stayed away from the cokes and caffeine. That was the only win as I was off plan this weekend. Hope it comes back off again quick. Will catch up with post and see how everyone is doing.
kempmuhlbauer is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2013, 07:49 PM   #542
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 265/229/150
WOE: NK
Start Date: January, 2013
Just a quick stop to say Hi and Bye. Getting ready for a 10 day trip to Austin to see oldest DD. Last minute decision. But usually that is the best kind.

I will try to stay on program and am taking bunches of lc snacks and supplies. Hope I don't go nuts. I'll keep in touch as much as I can. So exciting......

Last edited by Lindy in Louisiana; 03-24-2013 at 07:53 PM.. Reason: accidentally posted
Lindy in Louisiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:08 PM   #543
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LauraDavis
Stats: 245.8/190.6/145
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2013
Lindy - hope the trip goes great!

Made boneless buffalo wings for supper. Used Hot & Spicy pork rinds and Parmaesan cheese with some spices in it.. then dipped them in Sweet Baby Ray's Hot Wing sauce. They were so YUMMY.
LauraDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 05:05 AM   #544
Major LCF Poster!

Well guys am back and ready to go. I did blow the diet big time but could have been worse that is for sure. I some how stayed away form the cokes and coffee. Those withdrawals suck big time. Enough to keep me from cheating again on them. I was back up 12 pounds of bloat, about the same as last cheat weekend. I hope to get it all off. I will be back into the gym this afternoon for some weights. I am still cardio less until after Tuesday and then it i will be on big time at the gym.

Amber: glad to see you back and getting it done.

Welcome to Christina and Dani. Looking forward to seeing your progress and post.

Sorry not so chatty this morning just have a ton of stuff to catch up with. I am back on plan and that is that. Hope I have a repeat of 3 weeks ago and it falls back off really quick.

"STAY HEALTHY MY FRIENDS"

GOALS:
1. Keep on plan
2. Stay on plan
3. Work out
4. Run a 1/2 marathon on Jan. 19th!!!
Old 03-25-2013, 06:03 AM   #545
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
Start Date: 8/18/14
Kemp - Welcome back from the fishing/carbing weekend! I'm glad you had a good time and stayed away from the cokes/coffee. I agree that those can be more difficult to give up than carbs. I still drink both coffee and diet soda. I can't stop it yet. I'm sure those 12 will be gone really soon!

Laura - Yum, those wings sound good. I never eat or make wings, but I may order some this weekend.

Lindy - Have a great time with your DD! I'm sure you will do great. When you get back, we'll all be here to get you back on track if you need us to.

Here's the link to the recipe:
CONEY ISLAND CHILI DOG PIE - Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes
Old 03-25-2013, 06:07 AM   #546
Blabbermouth!!!

So I did good this weekend. Stayed on plan the whole time and didn't have any issues with it. Ate some really great things too.

Yesterday I made pumpkin bake, coney island pie, and spinach lasagna. The coney island and spinach lasagna were pretty easy to make at the same time since they both need ground beef with onion in them and cook at the same temp for the same amount of time. I threw a few servings of each in the freezer for either later in the week or next week. I love having quick lunches to grab and go with.

I am all prepared today and it really makes me feel great about this week.
B: shake
S: pumpkin bake
L: brought a serving of both dishes so I will decide then - prob coney island pie
S: diet coke
D: spinach bake
AsmallerME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:19 AM   #547
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Amber, I hope so also. Sounds like you are getting it done with the food items. That all sounds so good. And way to stay on plan this weekend that is not easy to do, take it from a cheater.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:36 AM   #548
Blabbermouth!!!

You are a restrained cheater at least. When I cheat, I can't get back on track so fast. I think my cheat last summer lasted 6 months.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:47 AM   #549
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Terra2721
Stats: 232/164/150
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: restart 9/17/2012
Hi all. We got about 6 inches of snow last night, so no school today; which means my weigh in day is pushed back. I was feeling a little unmotivated and having a pity party last night, so I decided to look at some "before" pictures. I thought I would post them just remind me of how far I have come.

[IMG]
ImageShack.us[/IMG] BEFORE- July 2012--235lbs

[IMG]

ImageShack.us[/IMG] Feb 23, 2013 195 lbs

So, even though I really WANT a reese egg and a cadbury creme egg....I am going to resist so that come July I can hopefully be at or close to my goal weight of 150lbs.....85lbs lighter than in the before picture!
Terra2721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:23 AM   #550
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: pawleys14
Stats: 305/277.8/175
Start Date: restarting August 11, 2013
Hi all -... well I went on my trip to Michigan to see my family.... Abby's 1st birthday and Kyle's 7th birthday...had a great time... tried not to eat tooo badly.... had a lot of snow and cold.....

so got back to SC and that next Sunday my son Matthew calls and said that his dad (my X) had a heart attack..
I saw Al twice and we all had a good time..... he was at Kyle's birthday party and then we all had dinner together just before I left... so it was a shock.....
he had to have open heart surgery, but he pulled through and will be going home today... but it was so stressful for both of my sons.... so while I was praying for him and waiting to see what would happen... you guessed it... I ate......

but now that Al hopefully on the mend.... I will try to get back to eating right and exercising.....

going to the store today to purchase some food.... going to make Crack Cabbage tonight.. never made it before... but sounds good...

really have not been able to read all your posts... but I will try to go back and catch up....

with Al having this heart trouble and we are the same age... I know that I have to get healthy and be there for my sons and my grandbabies..... I have to make it work this time...

so - again... I am glad to be back... love ya all diana

Proud Grandma to Kyle and Derek - the loves of my life.... granddaughter Abigail (Abby)

May today there be peace within you. May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.
pawleys14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:51 PM   #551
Blabbermouth!!!

Terra - Is the pic of you in the sweater at 195? You look so much smaller in that picture than 195. Wow!! You are really getting thin!!! You have every reason to be proud of yourself!!

Pawley - Welcome back. I'm glad you had a great time. Sorry about your x. I'm glad he's doing okay though. Stuff like that is a good reminder that we all need to take care of ourselves today. I tried the crack slaw once - just tasted like cabbage with meat. haha. Guess I didn't do it right.
Old 03-25-2013, 05:48 PM   #552
Major LCF Poster!

we have been lucky all winter almost no snow. Well yesterday that ended... we got 13 -14". At least it's already melting and we're suppose to be in the 60's by the weekend.

lookin good Terra

diana - prayers for your X and your sons

Kemp - you can do it.

Had another hit tonight Creole BBQ Shrimp... OMG YUMMY!!!!!!!!
Old 03-25-2013, 06:31 PM   #553
Blabbermouth!!!

thanks for the welcome backs...... well had the crack slaw tonight.. wow it was good......... and put it away in the refrig so I would not eat anymore of it

I have been writing down a lot of recipes on this web site.... gosh some really great ones.... am going to try to make up meals I will fix for the week...
it just it soooo hard cooking for one person but if I make casseroles then I can nuke meals during the week...

Laura - your creole bbq shrimp sounds good...

Terra - you look great in your new photo... keep up the great work... I hope to get there one day...
Old 03-25-2013, 06:53 PM   #554
Major LCF Poster!

Pawley:welcome back so glad you are here. Look forward to being with you on this journey.

Laura: Can you post that recipe please???

Well made it through day one. Just wrapped up all the grilled leftovers. I was bird hunting this weekend so ended up with lots of quail and chuckar. They were delicious and will be good tomorrow for lunch also. Also cooked up some pork tenderloin and chicken legs. I am set for the week on lunches and dinners. Getting up early tomorrow and cooking a couple of pounds of bacon and a pound of sausage. That should get me through the week.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:52 PM   #555
Major LCF Poster!

Creole BBQ Shrimp
4 tablespoons butter unsalted
4 tablespoons peanut oil
2 tablespoons chopped garlic
2 red or green chilies or jalapenos, chopped
2 tablespoons rosemary, chopped
1 tablespoon thyme, chopped
1 tablespoon oregano, chopped
2 tablespoons basil, chiffonade
1 tablespoon paprika
1/4 tablespoon cayenne
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1 lemon, juiced
20 pieces shrimp (16/20 size), shells on
Directions
In a saute pan, heat butter and peanut oil. Add garlic and saute for 2 minutes, then add all the herbs and spices, salt, pepper, and lemon juice, and continue to saute for 2 minutes more. Add shrimps and saute until cooked through, do not overcook.

Per Serving (based on 4 servings): Calories: 217; Total Fat: 19.5 grams; Saturated Fat: 7 grams; Protein: 8 grams; Total carbohydrates: 3 grams; Sugar: 1gram; Fiber: 1 gram; Cholesterol: 76 milligrams; Sodium: 175 milligrams

I suggest thickening the sauce a bit and I used coconut oil instead of peanut oil. I doubled the butter and coconut oil. I used 2# of shelled shrimp. Was incredible. Rounded it off with german greeen beans and a lil bit of greek olive mix. A total multi-cultural meal.....LOL
Old 03-26-2013, 04:45 AM   #556
Major LCF Poster!

Laura: That sounds awesome, will be tried this weekend for sure!!!! Thanks

Down 6.4 pounds of bloat this morning, only 6 more to get back to 229. Will hit the gym today again. I also find out if I can get back on the stair stepper today, and I am wishing for that. Will check back later.
Old 03-26-2013, 05:31 AM   #557
Blabbermouth!!!

Laura - that shrimp sound so good will have to try that

Kemp - WTG 6.4 lbs great job

well got up this morning at 6am and was in the pool by 6:50am and did 40 min of my water aerobics... felt soooo good... really hated to get out of the warm pool... it is cold down here in SC ---temp was only 33 degrees this morning brrrrrr... I want my warm weather back...

B - deviled egg
L - Wendys BLT salad
D - Crack Slaw

everyone have a great day....
Old 03-26-2013, 07:28 AM   #558
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Terra2721
Stats: 232/164/150
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: restart 9/17/2012
Pawley- Welcome back! Hope you enjoyed being with your kids and grand kids!

Laura- Your recipes are awesome....keep them coming!

Kemp- Great job on your restart....I am sure you will be down to 229 in no time.

Amber-Hope you are doing well and that your restart is treating you well.

Chelsea- Hope the new job is going well and you stop in to update us soon.

Thanks for the support everyone. I weighed in at 178.5 today, that is 16 lbs in 4 weeks lost in this weight loss competition. 28.5 lbs to go until goal, I would love to end this challenge with only 10lbs to lose to get to goal....time will tell. I am headed home on Friday to spend 5 days with my family in Ohio. I don't know what it is about going home, but it is so hard to stay on plan. I am going to try to stay on plan, with the exception of Easter being a possible cheat day...unless I can resist the Easter treats/candy.

Menu:
B-24 oz of coffee, .5 oz of heavy cream, 1 oz coconut oil, 2 packets splenda
S- 1 oz string cheese
L- 3 oz tuna salad (1.5 oz tuna/1.5 oz Dukes Mayo), 2 oz of provolone cheese
D-if hungry....Atkins frozen beef Merlot.
Terra2721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:08 AM   #559
Blabbermouth!!!

Terra - You are doing great. Wow, 16 pounds in 4 weeks is FAST. I need to have you watch what I eat. haha

Pawley - I cook for one too most of the time. I honestly love it. I can eat all the yummy stuff myself and I freeze 1/2 of most things so I can cook less often.

Kemp - good luck at the doctor today. I'm hoping you get a clean bill of health so you can resume your workouts. I know you miss them. And WTG on being 1/2 way back to pre-weekend weight.

Laura - Oh, I wish we had snow. I love it.

Today is the start of week 2 for me. Yay! Feels more real to be in week 2 rather than single digit days. ha. I feel so much better today and less bloated. Figure I'll go another week then restart weighing. I'm just scared to face the music. I can feel it in my clothes so I don't want to see it on the scale. Not yet at least.

B: coffee shake
S: pumpkin bake
L: coney island pie
S: diet soda; almonds
D: spinach bake
Old 03-26-2013, 09:30 AM   #560
Major LCF Poster!

Afternoon check in:

Terra: That is a 4 pound a week average, that is awesome. Way to go. We will all be working hard to stay focused this weekend that is for sure. I hope you have fun at home, I love going home "sometimes". But always hard to stay on plan when surrounded by sweets at Easter. Stay the course and you will reach goal.

Pawleys: That is awesome you did the aerobics even in the cold weather, now that is motivation. Is that really all you are going to eat today???? That is not very much food or fat. Do not mean to pry just asking.

Amber: Week two is well on your way. Glad you made it. So happy that you are back. Now we just need chelsey back. Glad to have Pawleys back. Keep up the good work and the scale will show you good results.

Just got done with the doctor and well I am allowed to sweat at least but no cardio for 3 more weeks!!!! UGHHHHHH!!!!! But I can hit it hard on the weights so that is good. I will not get the calorie burn but better than nothing. I cannot even swim due to my foot flexing while kicking. He said I can stop for three more weeks and do the physical therapy or have surgery and be off my feet for months. So guess what, no swimming or cardio for 3 weeks. I can now prove if weight training and not cardio will keep up the results. Will actually be a nice test.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:23 PM   #561
Blabbermouth!!!

Kemp - Sorry for the semi-bad foot news. But really, I've read a million times that weight training is more important than cardio for weight loss. Cardio is good for heart health, but building muscles will yield a bigger overall calorie burn. I agree that we need Chelsey back now too.

I can't believe Easter is this weekend. I need to figure out what we'll do for Easter dinner. I'm thinking of just keeping it simple. DS is only 3 and we may only invite over 1 family member. So I may get some fancy chicken breasts from Fresh Market and do that and make a few sides for the family - maybe au gratin potatoes and then a side we can all eat - green beans or brocolli? And maybe a salad? Hmm....
Old 03-26-2013, 11:56 PM   #562
Major LCF Poster!

Kemp - sorry to hear ya can't workout like ya want to... hope the foot heals faster than they think.

Terra - Great Job.

Sittin here gettin next weeks menu together. Wanted to make some low carb wraps for Pizza roll ups but dang... not doable. Carb count is way too high. Oh well gives me something to research and work on. Good thing I like that sort of thing. LOL

My bf is such a big baby... his daughter was suppose to be over tonight and he promised her the Deep Dish Pizza.... well she went to a volleyball game at school instead. He had his heart set on the pizza so he got pizza, plus a promise of pizza for her on Thursday. Did I mention that the pizza was a BIG hit at our house.... LOL... now he wants a Buffalo Chicken Pizza drizzled with ranch dressing, and I want a mexican pizza... so I get to play next week and create something else he'll love.
Old 03-27-2013, 04:33 AM   #563
Major LCF Poster!

Laura: You should start your own lc food site. I love hearing about the food you eat.

Amber: Thanks, it is what it is. It could be a lot worse. I will survive.

Today I was down to 233.2, so 3.4 pounds away from the before cheat weight. I want the 220's again so bad. OH well I had them in my sights, but noooooo, I had to drink and be merry!!! lol.
Old 03-27-2013, 05:45 AM   #564
Blabbermouth!!!

Laura - Here is a good recipe for a deep dish pizza: DEEP DISH PIZZA - Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes

Another idea is to use a LC wrap as the crust - put it in the toaster with whatever toppings you like.

Another idea is to brown sausage - put it in a pie pan, top with favorite toppings, stick it under the broiler until melty and eat with a fork.

MsWoods posted a salad idea on the ML yesterday - salad lettuce topped with pepproni, sausage, peppers, onions, cheese, etc. and use ranch dressing.

Kemp - Good job on the weigh in today. You are doing great. It's okay if it takes a few more days, you'll be in the 20s soon. And then the teens! Craziness. Remember it's not a race - you are doing this for life. And how terrible, right?? Eating steak and cheese. Drats!

So today is going good so far. Woke up early because I had lots to do to prepare for today. DS has a party at school and we needed to make cookies. I didn't have time last night so we got up early, made cookies, and then he watched cartoons while they cooled and I finished getting ready. I'm already tired!

I am drinking my coffee protein shake for breakfast. Will have pumpkin bake for snack. Prob will order a big salad for lunch.
Old 03-27-2013, 02:06 PM   #565
Blabbermouth!!!

Kemp - wow - down to 233.2 what a great job you are doing.

Terra - so proud of you 178.5 - you are doing a super job.... keep it going

out of sorts today... have not sleep well in the past week.... have been getting a lot of cramps in my legs at night - may be because I have not done my WA in a while.... and yesterday my friend & I were out and it was cold and very windy... and now today I am coughing

have not been 100% perfect the last two days... I am having the same trouble I had before.... with night eating.... have to put the brakes on that.

today I have had only two hot dogs with some sauerkraut at lunch time... with me not sleeping well I went back to bed this afternoon and slept for two hours... just hope I can sleep tonight now..... also I need to go and do my WA..... just do not want to leave the house... still cold out... for here in SC ..
like I said just out of sorts today...... do not know what I will eat this evening... I do have some meatloaf mixed up.. so I may just make a patty of that..... and some veggies.....

hope that tomorrow will be better for me.... hope everyone is doing good today..
Old 03-27-2013, 02:20 PM   #566
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: katsue82
Stats: 182/155/135
Start Date: January 2013
Hi guys! I hope you all are doing well! Sorry it's been a while--I have to find time to get back on here! I haven't been 100% faithful to LC as of late, and I think my absence from the boards is why!

Diana: I'm so sorry to hear of what you've been through! So glad everything is better now and glad to have you back!

Terra: AMAZING progress! So happy for you!

Laura: Loving the recipes! Don't suppose you have anything for crab rangoons in your stockpile of recipes do you? They are one of the major things I always want (and taco bell) when I'm prone to cheat!

Kemp: Congrats on the progress as always...and here's to a speedy recovery for that foot!!

Amber: Thanks for the pizza ideas!! I like using an oopsie roll and sticking it under the broiler to crisp it up for crust...then i top with whatever toppings (or make a buffalo chicken pizza-yum!) and broil it again until the cheese is browned. So quick and easy!

I'll be checking in a lot more now!! I need motivation!!
katsue82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 02:40 PM   #567
Major LCF Poster!

why couldn't you make a crepe with the crab ragoon filling? would that work?
maybe deep fry that? sounds like another project for this weekend.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:52 PM   #568
Major LCF Poster!

Laura: let me know how that goes with the crepe filling. I love those things.

Katsue: Glad you are back.
Old 03-27-2013, 04:13 PM   #569
Major LCF Poster!

I had my first foot laser treatment today. I have to go twice a week for three weeks and they think that will cure it up. I hope so. I am going to try everything before surgery option. This is basically the last thing they can do before they start cortisone shots directly into the tendon sheath. Then it is off to surgery. I am hoping for this laser thing to work because it does not hurt at all.

Well at least I made the gym today for a 550 calorie burn. If I work in a 20 minute ab work out after weights it ups the burn rate that is for sure. Plus I always wanted another six pack!!!! LOL yea at age 45 I am just going to drum a six pack up in a couple of weeks. Anyway I am not showing ketosis on the sticks, but I am back in from the way I feel. Dang this WOE is awesome in the feel great department!!!!
Old 03-28-2013, 06:29 AM   #570
Blabbermouth!!!

Kemp - I really hope those laser treatments work for you too. Try to do everything the doctors say to give it the best chance. Keto sticks can go bad fast, so that could be why they aren't registering. Or maybe you aren't eating as much dietary fat? I don't know. If you feel like you're in ketosis, then you probably are. WTG!

Katsue - So glad you are back! Did you have a fun vacation? It's so hard to get back on track after vacations. I like the idea of the oppsie roll pizza. I haven't made those in years and need to make a batch. Maybe this weekend.

Pawley - Welcome back!! Maybe try adding in some broth for the leg cramps. It could be related to potasium. Plus that really helps keep your belly full and will help with the sniffles. I hope you feel better. And I hope today is a better day for you. One meal at a time.

Chelsey - Seriously lady? I know you are working hard, but get in here!!! I miss you.

I'm feeling so good. Kemp is right. This WOE really makes us feel good. And fast.

B: turkey, mayo, pickle, and pepperjack cheese rollups; coffee shake
S: coffee w/ cream
L: atkins beef merlot (never had this one but I'm excited to try it)
S: diet coke
D: Not sure. Might get my favorite deli's big salad with chicken salad on top. If not, prob. hotdogs and green beans and cheese