Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2013, 05:30 PM   #511
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 265/229/150
WOE: NK
Start Date: January, 2013
Good call Kemp and Amber:
PB2 is the same carbs but much lower in calories. (50 or so). I don't care about that. Really just looking for the future. I can't eat it yet anyway.
Lindy in Louisiana is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2013, 06:00 PM   #512
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kempmuhlbauer
Stats: 267/229.2/190
WOE: 2-5 carbs per day
Start Date: 10/21/13
When I am craving sweets really bad I will take a serving of peanut butter, and cover it with sugar free syrup and enjoy. I have not done that this go round but is reminds me how good it was. Maybe at the end of next month.

I could not take it and went to the gym and did 45 minutes of weights only on the upper body. Being careful not to sweat to much. Only 275 calorie burn, but felt so good.
kempmuhlbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:57 AM   #513
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2012
Kemp - you are so funny. I'm glad you got in a good mini-burn.

Lindy - glad we could help. Calories will eventually matter, but I'm sure I could cut calories elsewhere to have real peanutbutter. It's one of my favorite sweet treats.

I ended up eating 2 cheeseburgers last night for dinner. They were excellent. Got home super late so I didn't have time to prepare. Brought the rest of the taco meat I made yesterday and brought an atkins frozen meal that I had in the freezer. I may just order a salad for lunch though - not sure I feel like a frozen meal.
AsmallerME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:40 PM   #514
Senior LCF Member

My day is going fine. Staying on program. No weight loss as usual. I guess it is going to come in spurts. Slowly. Ha.

Menu:
B Leftover beef from last night. Coffee w/sf DaVinci syrup. 2 g
L Vienna sausages. 2 g. 6 crackers from lavash bread 2 g
D Leftover cutlet, sf ketchup, black olives, crackers 6 g.
S Celery w/ cream cheese 1
Total 13 g.

lots of water with orance crush flavoring, 0 g.
Old 03-20-2013, 05:57 PM   #515
Major LCF Poster!

Lindy: glad you are doing good and staying on plan. It will come off just keep at it.

Amber:
Glad your back that is for sure. I am going to do cheeseburgers over the weekend. No bun of course.

Super bloated today and sinus is out of control. The pollen is coating every thing here, Allergy season is in full effect.
Old 03-21-2013, 05:43 AM   #516
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MikeB
Stats: 193/184/154
Start Date: March 2013
Sorry I'm late!

I started induction almost two weeks ago. Why? I had an “old-man’s belly”, and felt heavy carrying it. More importantly, I’d had a hip replaced last year, my other hip was showing signs of wear, and I was nearly 3 stones overweight, which couldn’t have helped.

Of course I’m pleased to have lost 9 lbs already. But I know that now I’m facing the long, hard part, when I can expect to lose weight much more slowly, and – perhaps for long periods – not at all.

So I’m grateful for this encouraging and supportive thread. Thanks to you all.

Mike
MikeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 05:58 AM   #517
Major LCF Poster!

Mike: Welcome to the thread, you will find lots of knowledge and support here that is for sure. 9lbs is a great start and awesome for 2 weeks. You can post your daily meal plan and the such and we can look at it to make sure there are not hidden carbs in anything if you would like. Or if you stall or slow down we can help with ideas on that also. First advice is the scale is not the only measure of success, inches count. Second bit of advice is to track everything you eat in one of the online trackers. I love using them. Third advice is glad you are hear and look forward to keeping up with you on your weight loss journey. Again Welcome, nice to have another guy on the thread.

I have learned(or so I thought) that the overall average weight loss over the whole time on plan with cheat weekends included is not that bad. (it is actually good) And for various reasons. I know as soon as I go over 5 carbs a day I can expect to average less than 2 pounds a week. If I add nuts, or do not work out 5 days a week it slows down. If I splurge on calories it slows down weight loss.

That was all until this last cheat weekend. Since I got back from a huge cheat weekend with all the bloat from salty foods and crazy sugary eating, down 20 pounds in 11 days as of this morning. I have been eating more calories since restarting , switched to a weights because I cannot do cardio and it is just melting off. Go figure. I have been dreaming of the 220's since I started 52 days ago and it is finally here. I know I may have a bounce but I will take it!!!!! I do have a cheat weekend planned starting tomorrow morning but it is coming off so well, I do not know. Guys weekend at the ranch with hunting and fishing and drinking and eating good food. I am going to play this one by ear and gut feelings. Sorry so long winded this morning just very happy. 229.6 finally in the 220's!!!

So as of today it is 44.6 pounds in 52 days!!!!!!

Chelseybelle: get back in here girl.

"STAY HEALTHY MY FRIENDS"

GOALS:
1. Keep on plan
2. Stay on plan
3. Work out
4. Run a 1/2 marathon on Jan. 19th!!!
Old 03-21-2013, 07:09 AM   #518
Blabbermouth!!!

Kemp - You are doing so awesome!! You really do have it figured out for how your body works and it's clearly working. KUTGW! Congratulations on the 20s!!!! That's incredible!!!

Mike - Welcome to the group. Please post as often as you want.

Lindy - You are doing great, so you don't need to drop anything, but if you want to try to shake things up, maybe drop the crackers and sausages. Maybe replace it with more celery and chicken salad or something else equally yummy, but less carby/salty?

So I'm doing well. Day 3 again. Figure I'll be over the hump and rocking and rolling by this weekend. I'm feeling good already though.

Today will be busy (what's new?). I had my shake and will have an atkins frozen meal for lunch. I need to cook but since I'm getting home so late I haven't had time. I will definitely prepare this weekend.

Ended up eating a chipolte bowl last night. Soooo good. It is one of my favorite places to LC.

Oh, and Chelsey!! How's it going?
Old 03-21-2013, 10:54 AM   #519
Senior LCF Member

Yeah, Amber, you are absolutely right.
While picking up a few things at the grocery store, I happened on the Vienna sausages. Haven't had them in 6 mo. but I just had to buy a can. They were sooo good. (and I don't even like them much, but so good this time. What a thing to have a crave for.

Menu:
B HB egg w/ celery and olives
L Ham steak
S sf jello
D Not sure yet.
Lots of water with Orange crush or Grape

Have a good day and keep on program......
Old 03-21-2013, 11:44 AM   #520
Major LCF Poster!

Amber: So happy you are getting back into the zone. 3 more days and it will be habit. Never though about chipolata bowl sounds good. I am glad you will be here. As the weekend approaches I feel more and more like cheating. We are meeting at 430 am, yes am, at whataburger(a 24 hour fast food burger joint here in Texas). We always have taquitos and egg sandwiches, and it is my favorite fast food place. I am still determined to stay focused but if I don't I will need you to be here to make me get back on plan. I have a plan hope it works for me.

Lindy: I love those little sausages with some mustard and some hot sauce. Glad you are still doing so well.

Well here is my plan, going to drink beer all weekend, bring a ton of sugar free sweets and Atkins indulge bars, low carb tortillas for the fajita night and pork rinds for dipping in salsa. Saturday night is hamburger night so that is an easy kill. They actually grind up ribeyes for this!!! Back on full plan Sunday morning starting with breakfast. Eggs and bacon and toast - the toast! The hit the gym Sunday afternoon. These are my goals I want to be held accountable for.

Chelsey this is your thread girl, hope you are ok, check in please. I got Amber back now I need you.
Old 03-21-2013, 01:11 PM   #521
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Stats: 254.2/222.8/140
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Hey All!

Sorry to have posted and then disappeared. Had a heckuva time getting myself on the horse, so to speak I've finally managed to do it and today makes day #3 for me...Like you Amber! Started supps to deal with the yeast and keeping the sugar out of my food.. so far, I am already feeling major effects from all of it. The congestion, sinus, sore throat issues that I've been battling for weeks on end is all but gone, as well as the major fatigue and lethargy that kept me in bed pretty much off & on (more on than off! ) for the better part of 3 months is disappearing. Weight loss is slow at this point, but did not expect much dealing with die off.. also dealing with monthly cycle (sorry boys! ) is slowing everything, I'm sure. The point is, the scale *is* moving in the right direction and I'm not gaining anything!

Looking to get busy in here now that I'm feeling more like myself and hope that I can be of support to all of you. You guys are so fun!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:14 PM   #522
Blabbermouth!!!

OMG Kemp, those burgers are probably amazing. I so want one. I think a hamburger is the perfect food - I can eat them all day and every day. I think your weekend is good. You may have a meal off plan or induldge in taquitos, but I know you'll be back and stronger than ever come Monday morning.

Lindy - It's amazing the stuff we'll crave with LC. I had a few days where I was obsessed with chicken salad. I couldn't get enough of it. I haven't had a vienna sausage in years. But your post does make me want them. haha
Old 03-21-2013, 01:15 PM   #523
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey Dani - we were posting at the same time. Well, I started to post and forgot about it and then hit submit and yours was there. haha. I'm so glad this is working for you. And I'm excited to have you here in this thread. It's been a wonderful resource for me.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:12 PM   #524
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsmallerME View Post
Hey Dani - we were posting at the same time. Well, I started to post and forgot about it and then hit submit and yours was there. haha. I'm so glad this is working for you. And I'm excited to have you here in this thread. It's been a wonderful resource for me.
Hey Mama! Finally we meet in here! I am so hopeful that this really does work the way it has before..I am excited to be here, seems like this is where I need to be!

...and don't even get me started on Chipotle..we've had that convo before! I could eat it every day
Old 03-21-2013, 07:24 PM   #525
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: chelseybelle27
Stats: 295.0/283.2/195.0
WOE: Extended Induction
Start Date: 1/4/2014
Im soooo tired. So tired. I promise to check in tomorrow, I have been working all week! Sorry guys, I am back to the land of the working and I am pooped every night! I have been thinking about you all every day! I have to catch up!!
chelseybelle27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 05:23 AM   #526
Blabbermouth!!!

Chelsey - I'm tired too lady. So I am here to you. I can't wait for you to check in and update us on your new job. We miss you!!

Danielle - I know you love chipolte too. I think you were the one who said to get the green salsa so I did. It was awesome. Barbacoa (sp?) w/ grilled veggies, lettuce, green salsa, cheese, and sour cream. It was heaven in a bowl. And totally on plan. Do you think you're in ketosis? I think I am today - day 4.

So today is day 4. I'm feeling better each day. I'm getting less sleep but feeling more awake, thank goodness. I was dragging last week and I know it was the carbs making me tired.

B: coffee shake; 2 scrambled eggs; 2 sausage pattys
L: Not sure. I'll be in meetings most of the day so I'm not sure if I'll be able to eat lunch. If I can, I may order a salad with grilled chicken
D: Not sure. If I can leave at a decent hour, we are going to dinner as a family and I'll get a steak and brocolli. But if it's a late night, I may just grab a bunless burger to go somewhere. Maybe 5 guys.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:26 AM   #527
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Terra2721
Stats: 232/164/150
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: restart 9/17/2012
Hi all.

Amber- Nice to have you back and glad to hear your restart is going well.

Chelsey- Thanks for popping in....you were missed! I hope your first week of work went well.

Kemp- Enjoy your fishing weekend! Sounds like a bunch of fun.

Danielle- Welcome, hope your restart is going well.

Mike- Welcome to group, looking forward to following your journey.

Lindy- your menus look great, the weight loss will come.

I weighed in this morning on my home scale at 178, The school scale has me at 180....hoping the 4 hour time difference and clothing is the reason for the weight difference. Still battling a cold, so not much of appetite when you can't taste or smell the food you are eating. I got into a pair of size 12 jeans with ease today...such a great motivator...makes me wish I had gotten back on plan earlier after my son's birth. Have a great weekend all.
Terra2721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:32 AM   #528
Blabbermouth!!!

Terra - WTG!!! You are killing it lady. I know you wish you had started earlier, but who knows if that attempt would have stuck. This one is working and is all that matters. I'd love to wear a size 12. That's really awesome! Oh, and update your stats!!
Old 03-22-2013, 09:21 AM   #529
Blabbermouth!!!

Happy weekend everyone!

Chelsey~ sounds like work is keeping you ultra busy. Hoping you'll grab a chance soon to check in and tell us how great you've been doing!

Amber~ we went to Chipotle last night for dinner! Of course after writing to you about it yesterday it was all I wanted to eat. All their salsa's are so yummy..I don't eat it too often tho because I think I have issues with nightshades. DH loves the barbacoa..and I think I could eat a giant vat of their guacamole

Terra~ Congrat's on the size 12's!!! I would totally not care if I weighed 200lbs but fit in a size 12 Hope you get to feeling better quickly, I can so relate to the sickness hanging around!

Scale stayed the same for me today. I didn't think it'd go down and was verrrrry glad it didn't go up! I had too much sodium and too much cheese yesterday and not enough water. So, today I have already been chugging the water!

Anyone doing anything fun this weekend??
Old 03-22-2013, 10:45 AM   #530
Blabbermouth!!!

Danielle - Your day sounds good yesterday. I love cheese. I don't eat enough of it. I'm totally not doing anything fun. My job is like being an accountant with a super busy season and I'm right in the middle of it. So I may be working this weekend. If not, I plan to spend time with DS and to go to costco and to cook and prepare for next week.

I think I'm going to make spinach lasagna and maybe a coney island chili dog pie. And maybe some steaks. Oh, and totally cheesy brocolli. I'm excited!

Today's lunch ended up being: salad with chicken salad on top with lots of veggies
Old 03-22-2013, 04:22 PM   #531
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsmallerME View Post
Danielle - Your day sounds good yesterday. I love cheese. I don't eat enough of it. I'm totally not doing anything fun. My job is like being an accountant with a super busy season and I'm right in the middle of it. So I may be working this weekend. If not, I plan to spend time with DS and to go to costco and to cook and prepare for next week.

I think I'm going to make spinach lasagna and maybe a coney island chili dog pie. And maybe some steaks. Oh, and totally cheesy brocolli. I'm excited!

Today's lunch ended up being: salad with chicken salad on top with lots of veggies
My BFF is an accountant and I almost literally don't hear from her for months during this season .. she dreads it but the money is good for overtime, etc so she sticks with it for now.. Gotta be tough balancing life with your lil guy at home so I can only imagine you're so glad when you're able to spend time with him!

Is that coney island thing really that good?? I've heard so many people rave about it but never made it yet.. Tell me, what am I missing?
Old 03-23-2013, 01:21 AM   #532
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LauraDavis
Stats: 245.8/190.6/145
Back everyone... got lost for a few days. Last week was not a great one. Just wasn't organized with food choices and prep. No grocery store run for the week will do that. Plus I ruined my recipe book so had to go back and refind everything.

Good to see most everyone is doing well. Chelsey hope you get yer energy back up.
LauraDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 07:45 AM   #533
Senior LCF Member

Hey guys,

Glad everybody is doing ok. I'm still stalling at 235-238. Back and forth. So I decided the enemy is my scales. No more weighing for me. (for a while). I am staying on plan with my eating and am still seeing results in losing inches. So I will be putting my scales in the closet. ( or take a mallet to it.)
Either works for me.

One thing I am noticing, I take 2-4 tbs of flax daily for regularity and this may be a bit much...One reason for the stall, maybe? Also, still struggling with my water. Can't get enough. Don't want to totally give up coffee, but...
Old 03-23-2013, 08:33 AM   #534
Blabbermouth!!!

Dani - yes, it's tough balancing family time during this part of the year, but I earn lots of comp time for it, so in 5 weeks, I'll be super happy. the coney island pie is one of my favorites. It also freezes well. The top is a cheese/egg/quiche taste and the bottom is like a great chili. Have you made the spinach lasagna? That's my other favorite.

Lindy - sorry the scale is acting stubborn for you. Want to post a few menus? We can maybe offer suggestions.

Laura - I'm just restarting, so you're in good company. . Prepping ahead is the only way I can be successful.

We went out last night and I had a sirloin and double broccoli. It was excellent. Took ds on a walk after dinner and saw a bunch of deer and met a family with a 2.5 yr old girl. We were going to go over and play outside with them today but it's storming. Ate fried eggs, cheese, and bacon for breakfast. Had coffee w/ cream.
Old 03-23-2013, 08:41 AM   #535
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ArmyWife88
Stats: (HW:270.2/LW:171) SW:209.6/CW:207.8/GW:150
Hope y'all don't mind me jumping in. I've been reading since restarting last Sunday but am just getting around to posting. My eating was terrible previously and I was hanging around 212-215. I was 204.6 this morning after almost a week of induction.
ArmyWife88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 12:13 PM   #536
Senior LCF Member

Christina..
Glad to have you. This is a great spot. You are doing great!!!!
Old 03-23-2013, 01:12 PM   #537
Blabbermouth!!!

Happy Saturday!

Laura~ I can so relate to the need for planning & prep to stay on plan. That is going to be one of my biggest challenges so that I stay the course. Bummer about the recipes, I hope it's not going to be too much trouble to rebuild it!

Lindy~ I commiserate on the scale drama. I have had months of my share of that stupid thing playing games with me. You're a much stronger girl than me, I can't seem to stay off that dumb thing Good for you! Just an idea regarding your supplement, just make sure there's no fillers or extra stuff in there that could hinder your weight loss. I say that only because I've had a couple friends struggle too and come to realize that the supplements had extra starch and all kinds of goodies that kept them stalled.. Just an idea..!

Amber~ the comp time is a definite plus! I will have to try the pie, it does sound yummy..I may be the only eating it, however, so I guess I'll plan for lots of leftovers Hope you were able to have the play date for DS, I so miss those days!

Christina~ fellow newbie to the thread.. Great job getting back on track. You're so close to that onederland!
----------------

As for me, the scale is moving in the right direction..down 1.2 this morning. I am feeling alittle better too, so I am extra happy today Really going to try and enjoy the relatively cool weather before we start gearing up with HOT. I really need to get outside and do some walking, so I think I'll challenge myself to at least get 1 walk in this weekend..2 would be better!

Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 03-23-2013, 05:11 PM   #538
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Christina!!!! I'm so excited that you'll be posting here!!

Danielle - it makes 6 servings. Freeze 3 for next week, and eat 3 this week. Also, dh and ds even like it. So happy that your scale moved. You are doing great!

Ate 2 bunless burgers for dinner with a big salad. Delish. Lunch was a salad with grilled chicken, red onion, bacon, and cheese. I'm super excited for food prep tomorrow. I have to work a part day though. . We didn't have a play date. It's still pouring here.
Old 03-23-2013, 05:48 PM   #539
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ArmyWife88
Stats: (HW:270.2/LW:171) SW:209.6/CW:207.8/GW:150
The chili dog pie is sooo good. I have to tell my hubby he can't eat the leftovers or they'll be gone when I want them!
ArmyWife88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:45 AM   #540
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LauraDavis
Stats: 245.8/190.6/145
must have chili dog pie recipe!!!!!!!!!!!
I spent a slow night at work gettin recipes all back together. Luckily it was just the 2 weeks worth of recipes not the 4" binder of recipes. That would have taken forever.

Oh did a chili dog casserole but it could use some work before next making. So maybe the chili dog pie will be better.

Last edited by LauraDavis; 03-24-2013 at 12:47 AM..
LauraDavis is offline   Reply With Quote