Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2013, 10:12 AM   #481
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Start Date: 8/22/14
I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to try and jump in here. I am in need of some motivation and support help to get me back onto the lc wagon... I know Amber here, altho she seems to have disappeared..come back Missy, I need you!

Alittle about me:

I am a 43yo married mom of 3.. I have done Atkins several times before and now realize that the losing is going to come slowwwwllly...ever so slowly ..

I began Atkins by the book last May and hung in there for 6 months only to drop only about 12 lbs.. I was pretty devastated to not have even mediocre weight loss considering I was exercising and eating correctly. I opted out of lc and jumped into JUDDD at the end of October.. seemed to do the trick for awhile and I really felt good doing it.. Again, the weight started flip-flopping and the scale going backwards.. The kicker? December 6th I came down with a cold. This cold hung on literally for over 2 months.. end of February I got sniffly again..for about a week.. Then last week of Feb I got hit again with a massive flu that hung on for well over a week..in bed, unable to move, and just overall felt like death. Once I started feeling somewhat human again I developed a severely plugged ear and what appears to be an eye infection.. so back to kinda feeling ick again. After doing alot of reading I've come to the conclusion that the ear thing and the eye thing could/probably be a yeast issue since I seem to fight with alot of sinus stuff? The go-to for eating seems to be low carb and I am extremely disappointed in myself that I can't seem to want to help myself in regaining my health. In large part, following JUDDD eating whatever was hugely easy dealing with kids and the husband.. LC has always been harder.. I know DH will be supportive but I don't think he realizes just how carb addicted he is, and I end up sucked into that world. If that makes sense?? I need to help myself. Weight loss is something I truly want to succeed at, I am not happy being this big! On top of that, it sure would be nice to *actually feel good*!!!

So I'm here in hopes of finding my motivation to get with the program and do what I think I've always known to be the plan for me deep down.. I think what I'm most afraid of is feeling like I failed the last time I did it by the letter and lost nothing.. However, I am thinking that there is underlying stuff that has hindered my progress and hoping that by adding supplements and listening to my body that the scale will just keep moving towards my goal.

Looking forward to getting to know you all. I love this little group, you are all so supportive to eachother and I could really use some of that right now.

Thanks for listening!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2013, 02:27 PM   #482
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: chelseybelle27
Stats: 300.3/274.2/healthy :)
WOE: Extended Induction
Start Date: 08-25-14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra2721 View Post
Chelsey- I am the same way with working out....it totally stalls my weight loss and puts my motivation and mind in a bad place.

Kat-Welcome back!

Laura-Hope you enjoyed your days off from work. 14lbs lost is awesome....keep it up

Amber- Hope work doesn't have you too busy and that your restart is going well!

Lindy- I got a food scale for under $10 bucks online and I attribute that scale for jump starting my loss. I too lost inches well before I started seeing the scale move...I kept telling myself that if my clothes were getting bigger, who cares about what the scale says.

As for me I weighed in at 184 today. Hoping my TOM water weight disappears before my weight loss competition weigh in on Monday. My mini-accomplishment for today....I finally fit in my size 12 pre-pregnancy pants! There are a few more lumps and bumps poking out than pre-baby...but they fit and I can breathe!
AWESOME on the pants!!! So exciting! You are doing great! Isnt it crazy about the exercise?! I think that if I stuck with it for a few weeks I would maybe see a loss, but I am an instant gratification kind of gal, and I need the motivation at first. I think that once I start to shed some more, I will be okay with a slower loss, but for now, I am greedy

Good luck on Monday!!
chelseybelle27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:27 PM   #483
Major LCF Poster!

Kemp- have fun at the gym! I know you always do
Old 03-14-2013, 02:34 PM   #484
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to try and jump in here. I am in need of some motivation and support help to get me back onto the lc wagon... I know Amber here, altho she seems to have disappeared..come back Missy, I need you!

Alittle about me:

I am a 43yo married mom of 3.. I have done Atkins several times before and now realize that the losing is going to come slowwwwllly...ever so slowly ..

I began Atkins by the book last May and hung in there for 6 months only to drop only about 12 lbs.. I was pretty devastated to not have even mediocre weight loss considering I was exercising and eating correctly. I opted out of lc and jumped into JUDDD at the end of October.. seemed to do the trick for awhile and I really felt good doing it.. Again, the weight started flip-flopping and the scale going backwards.. The kicker? December 6th I came down with a cold. This cold hung on literally for over 2 months.. end of February I got sniffly again..for about a week.. Then last week of Feb I got hit again with a massive flu that hung on for well over a week..in bed, unable to move, and just overall felt like death. Once I started feeling somewhat human again I developed a severely plugged ear and what appears to be an eye infection.. so back to kinda feeling ick again. After doing alot of reading I've come to the conclusion that the ear thing and the eye thing could/probably be a yeast issue since I seem to fight with alot of sinus stuff? The go-to for eating seems to be low carb and I am extremely disappointed in myself that I can't seem to want to help myself in regaining my health. In large part, following JUDDD eating whatever was hugely easy dealing with kids and the husband.. LC has always been harder.. I know DH will be supportive but I don't think he realizes just how carb addicted he is, and I end up sucked into that world. If that makes sense?? I need to help myself. Weight loss is something I truly want to succeed at, I am not happy being this big! On top of that, it sure would be nice to *actually feel good*!!!

So I'm here in hopes of finding my motivation to get with the program and do what I think I've always known to be the plan for me deep down.. I think what I'm most afraid of is feeling like I failed the last time I did it by the letter and lost nothing.. However, I am thinking that there is underlying stuff that has hindered my progress and hoping that by adding supplements and listening to my body that the scale will just keep moving towards my goal.

Looking forward to getting to know you all. I love this little group, you are all so supportive to eachother and I could really use some of that right now.

Thanks for listening!

Hey! Welcome!! We would love to have you, and yep, these guys pretty much rock the support

Sorry to hear about your illnesses! This winter has been horrible too! I know a couple of people that have had issues with gluten and yeast, and once they cut it out, the illnesses start to vanish! I too also have tummy issues that are "cured" with low carb, low residue diets, however, like you, I find it hard to actually make myself stick to it, even if it helps. I start and restart time and again, its hard, but I do know its best for me, and it sounds like you know it too!

I am sorry the weight loss was so slow, thats so frustrating! Especially when you are doing it EXACTLY the way its supposed to be done! I hope you have the best success this time around, I know you can do it!

Goal #1: 265.0 (Back to where I was last year!)
Goal #2: 240.0 (Back to where I was 2 years ago, seeing a trend )
Goal #3: 215.0 (Almost there!)
Goal #4: 195.0 (GOOOOOAAAAL!)
Old 03-14-2013, 02:35 PM   #485
Major LCF Poster!

PS...AMBER WE MISS YOU!

PSS...Jeanne, Tina, Linda, Diana, Jenn...WE MISS YOU TOO! COME BACK!
Old 03-14-2013, 03:05 PM   #486
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 265/229/150
WOE: NK
Start Date: January, 2013
Hey guys,

Still plugging away at lc. Actually doing quite well.

Terra, will order the food scale. My oldest DD bought one and paid $25 so I'm tickled that it can be bought for less. Money is always tight and I tend to be overly anal about a good buy. Ha.

Daily Menu:
B- 2 egg Mcmuffins w/ham, cheese and eggs (no bread) 8 g.
L- celery w/cream cheese , olives and pickles 3 g.
S- one SF hard candy
D- Fried chicken patties w/ olives and pickles 3
Total 14 g.
Must be more diligent about water. Always my downfall.
Lindy in Louisiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:36 PM   #487
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kempmuhlbauer
Stats: 274/274/190
WOE: Normal old atkins
Start Date: 10/21/13
Hey guys quick check in,

Desertgurl: Sound like a horrible winter. I am glad you are here. Hopefully after a few more post I can give you some ideas on how to lose it quicker. One thing is for sure as you will read, If I do not lose it quick I am one mad fat man(trying to get thinner)!!!! If you want to know how I do it, or my advice you can ask, or I will probably just give it anyway. Post a few menus and medications your are taking and maybe we can figure this out. I can tell you this you have found the right spot for support and motivation. We will be with the whole way and hope we can help.

I played a round of golf and got in the gym for a hard 60 minutes on the stair stepper. i am wasted though and going to bed. Will check in in the morning.

"STAY HEALTHY MY FRIENDS"

GOALS:
1. Keep on plan
2. Stay on plan
3. Work out
4. Run a 1/2 marathon on Jan. 19th!!!
kempmuhlbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:36 AM   #488
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LauraDavis
Stats: 245.8/190.6/145
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2013
Danielle - Sorry to hear about your troubles. Here's to hoping that they clear up with the low carb diet.

Kemp - good to know I'm missed! LOL

Chelsey - Great Job

still rushed at work. Might need to start posting when I get home in the morning or before I go to work in the evening. Time just seems to mystically disapear.

Went back up by 2# or close to not sure what I ate wrong.. but I'll keep on plugging away.

B- Hot wings from Buffalo Wild Wings... the naked ones with salad
S- hot pickle
L- Shrimp dipped in butter
D- not sure yet... haven't been hungry at 6am lately.
LauraDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 04:48 AM   #489
Major LCF Poster!

Laura: Your menu sounds good, I love buffalo wild wings, I still find it hard to believe that each wing is 72 calories. But I cannot find any other info. IF I eat 10 that is 720 calories and that is not much meat. Anyway I am eating there today for lunch. Be careful of there naked tenders they have 1.5 carbs each, injected with sugar I guess? Found out the hard way, never checked and love them, dropped me out of ketosis.

Hit my new low today of 237.2., I however am still not back into ketosis???? Even when I start it usually takes three days to start showing slight pink, but this time nothing. Oh well the weight is still coming off. I love the strips because today I was going to take off from the gym, but my crazy mind wants to see some pinkie/purple so off to the gym at lunch for a power workout with a trainer, for a cross fit workout. I am so tired of the stair stepper. That is my story and I am sticking to it.
Old 03-16-2013, 01:57 AM   #490
Major LCF Poster!

Kemp - thanks for the info ... maybe that's why I'm up a pound. Next time I'll just make them at home... the company I work for makes Franks Red Hot Sauce so I can buy it by the gallon! Gotta love that.

B- Alice Spring Chicken with stuffed mushrooms
L- 2 Burger King Whoppers plain minus bun
D- scrambled eggs with leftover sausage, mushroom, cheese stuffing and bacon
Old 03-16-2013, 02:50 AM   #491
Senior LCF Member

Hey guys,

Going ok for today. Scale is still weighing in 238, no 240, no 238. Day after day. The inches are coming off, so maybe I'll just hide the scale until once a month weigh in.

Fridays menu:
B Leftover fried chicken and 1 T mushrooms 3 g.
B2 one Mockmuffin ham, egg, cheese 2 g
S Celery w/ cream cheese and pickles 2 g
L Leftover fried chicken
D Not hungary
2 16 oz bottles water, 2 cups coffee w/1 T hwc, 6 cups tea

I eat more times daily because I had stomach stapling back in 1983. Old outdated procedure even then. The tiny opening from upper pouch twisted around like a balloon and fell flat. That's right, no solid food for 7 (count em) years. Went back into surgery 3 more times during this span trying to correct this. In 1989 I was almost dead and my new Dr. was able to partially reverse this. Yes, during this time I had lost 95 lbs but not much quality of life. Now I've gained it all back and eat about 2/3 normally.
Old 03-16-2013, 04:19 PM   #492
Major LCF Poster!

lindy: looks like a good menu over all, I assume you are drinking a lot more water than 2 bottles??? If you stall or do not lose like you want caffeine could be the cause. I abstain, which I hate because I love espresso, but It slows down my weight loss. Sorry to hear about your troubles. My best friend had the same thing done around the same time and has had nothing but problems. He was in the hospital after surgery for over a year due to complications. His failed in the other direction and now weighs 500 plus pounds again. He is now thinking of doing this again. Wow!!! But what ever he wants I will support him. ON a good note from your stats looks like you have lost almost 30 pounds and that is awesome. Look forward to your next post.

Laura: I love Franks!!! I am jealous. Thankfully it is cheap.

Was in at 236 today, another pound on the ground. Drank wine last night and had a big steak and still showed a loss this morning. Oh well I am sure it will show up tomorrow. I had to go to friends dads funeral today. He was a great guy. Irish and Italian Catholic so you can imagine the food and liquor we had there. I stayed totally focused and completely on plan. Ate a lot of turkey and sausage(assume the carb count was low on that). Also had a lot of the cheese tray. But happy I did not fall off the wagon. Have a good one guys.
Old 03-17-2013, 06:03 AM   #493
Major LCF Poster!

Weighed the same today, actually up a little bit, but no worries I am still happy. Had the funeral and no work outs will make that happen to me. Going to eat a little breakfast and then hit the gym for a hard 1.5 hour work out. I also have not had a good BM for a day and a half. I ate a lot of food at the funeral, all on plan but just grazed quite a bit on sausage and turkey and cheese and ribs. Did not really track it that well and may have gone way over on calories, or all the salt on the turkey and the ribs. So many reasons It could have happened, so a good work out and a BM may be the key to weight loss today.
Old 03-17-2013, 10:17 AM   #494
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Terra2721
Stats: 232/164/150
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: restart 9/17/2012
Hi all. I am on day 3 of a miserable cold that has left me unable to smell or taste anything. My appetite is non existent and I am hoping for a nice loss when I weigh in tomorrow. It would be nice to be close to 180....I will report back tomorrow.
Terra2721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:25 PM   #495
Major LCF Poster!

Terra: Hope you feel better soon and the scale gives you something to cheer about in the morning.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:58 PM   #496
Major LCF Poster!

Terra - hope you feel better soon... sick sucks.

So I had a bad day yesterday... was drinking a soda and thought it tasted funny but I usually think that so wasn't too worried. Sat it down on my computer desk by the one I hadn't thrown away yet... ummm they didn't match. Yep I was drinking a regular soda so fell off carb count hard... noticed it about 1/4 of the way through the 1 litter bottle. Since things weren't going well I ate 18 olives... so back to square one today. Noticed it on the scale big time went up 3#....

Anyway menu for today
B- Hot wings with franks hot sauce and steamed spinach
S- pickle spear
L-2 hamburgers with bacon
B - breakfast "taco"

For better tomorrows for all!!!
Old 03-17-2013, 09:06 PM   #497
Major LCF Poster!

Laura: Do not sweat it, you will get right back on track with the crab counts. I am always afraid of that happening so I only drink water when on plan. Except for tonight I broke down and had some smooth move tea, to get things moving and it tasted awesome. I hate tea and coffee. But loved that tea because all I drink is water. Long story really no point. Just want you to not sweat that soda. On my last cheat I tried a regular coke and could only drink 2 sips due to it being so sweet. And those 3 pounds will bounce right back off. Like I am off to bed!!!! have a good night.
Old 03-17-2013, 09:30 PM   #498
Major LCF Poster!

Kemp - hoping so. I drink more soda than I should or flavored water. I can't stand water so I drink at least one of my 52oz QuickTrip cups worth of water a day. I know I should drink more and I'm really trying, but yeah... not so much. Got some crystal light tonight at Costco. Tried it but it was a bit too much so gonna mix it one envelope to twice the water.
Old 03-18-2013, 04:08 AM   #499
Senior LCF Member

Woohoo, finally a weight loss. I've been bouncing between 238-240 for 10 days. Then on Friday it was 237. This morning 235. Lowest in 3 years. I've been really good. Trying to get in extra water and stay on plan.

Menu:
B Leftover fried steak coffee w/hwc
S Olives and pickles
L Pork chop w/celery and cream cheese
D Same as lunch

Wanted a drink and all beer was out of house for a week. So I improvised w/ water and strawberry MIO and vodka. Meh, in a pinch. Ha
'
Old 03-18-2013, 05:21 AM   #500
Major LCF Poster!

Lindy: Congrats on the loss, way to go. That extra water will really help. Your menu is looking good and seems to be working. Keep up the good work.

Laura: Just what I have heard not fact. But water is a must. Hold your nose, whatever you have to do to get down at least 64oz a day. And if you can break from caffeine even better. It sucks at first but I love the fact that I have a steady energy all day instead of caffeine ups and downs. That is just me not preaching I promise.

Today is the start of week 8 for me. So I am officially 49 days into this plan. I have had a funeral weekend of drinking, a cheat weekend at the family seafood fest. At the fest I cheated heavily on everything except caffeine. And the results are in......

40 pounds down!!!!!!!!!!! as of this morning 234.4!!!

Today I try and step off the step machine and do some weights, or at least do some weights and then do the step machine. I have to start building some fat burning muscle to keep up this pace of weight loss. I am also going to have a hunting and fishing weekend that will involve drinking but plan on staying focused with the food.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:39 AM   #501
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Terra2721
Stats: 232/164/150
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: restart 9/17/2012
Kemp: Great job on the 40 lbs! That is a tremendous accomplishment in 49 days!

Laura:Slips happen, jump back on the wagon and you will be fine!

Lindy: Congrats on the loss! Keep up the good work!

Chelsea and Amber: hope you both are doing well and that you are hanging in there. You are both missed!

As for me, my cold has slightly improved...still can't taste much of anything and not much of an appetite. I weighed in today at 180.5! That is 60lbs lost in 6 months! I would like to loose 30lbs more and really focusing on making that happen before my beach vacation in mid July.
Terra2721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:15 AM   #502
Major LCF Poster!

Wow Terra that is awesome job over 6 months. I think you can lose the other 30 no problem by July, should be walk in the park. I have a beach vacation in July also and would love to be around 190 if possible, heck I would take 199. I just want to be in onderland!!!
Old 03-19-2013, 02:39 AM   #503
Major LCF Poster!

I do drink water... my glass that I always drink out of is 52oz plus a couple bottles of water at the house... I'd giving up soda totally until we started this... no more lemonaid and tea without sweetener sucks!!!!!! So back to diet soda and water and crystal light.

BLAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

B- Chili yeah it was almost the days worth of carbs but boy was it YUMMY!!!
L- tuna salad 2 carbs
B - skipping not hungry
Old 03-19-2013, 04:12 AM   #504
Major LCF Poster!

Laura: Sounds like your getting plenty of water. Looks like you me and Terra are the only ones still here.

Chelsey and Amber: Hurry back we miss you guys.

Today I was down another pound to 233.4. I am so in the zone that I do not want to cheat at all this weekend. But I know I will at least have a few drinks. I will be hunting and fishing all weekend which will burn a lot of calories. Especially the quail hunting, that is a lot of walking and when they flush it gets the heart rate way up. Going to bring the watch and heart rate monitor to see the calorie burn. Will check in late.
Old 03-19-2013, 06:03 AM   #505
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
Start Date: 8/18/14
Hey guys. Sorry for the absence. I've been super busy at work. Last night was a short night and when I got home, I literally crawled in bed. It was 6:30 and I passed out. I felt so bad that I was home and could spend time with DS, but I just had zero energy left. Thank goodness for my wonderful husband. Oh, and with the stress and hours, I've been making terrible choices. I feel terrible as a result. Last night as I laid in bed thinking, I knew I was done with it. If I was on LC and in ketosis, I believe I'd have at least 20 percent more energy. I need every bit I can get. So here I am again. Making it work.

This morning I got up and cooked some taco meat - just meat, some seasoning, and onions before work. Portioned it out into two large servings. Made my protein shake for breakfast and packed some meat for lunch. Figure I'll have a bunless cheeseburger for dinner. I know it's going to be a rough few days adjusting, but then I hope to feel much better.

Welcome to Danielle!!!!! So glad to have you here!!!

WTG to Kemp and Terra for amazing me as always!!!

Kemp - I love the new pic! That is one HUGE fish. Was this a recent trip?

Laura - I love water. When I use crystal light, I mix in 1/3 of a pack to 24 oz of water. One pack is supposed to be put in 16.9oz of water. So my ratio is super diluted, but it gives the water enough sweetness to appease me but not be super sweet. I dislike super sweet drinks though. HTHs!

Nurse Chelsey - did you start your new job this week?
Old 03-19-2013, 07:32 AM   #506
Senior LCF Member

Hey guys,

Another bright sunny day in La. We've had 70ish weather all week. Did I get out? No. I am having good results on the weigh in though. Still staying at 235.

Menu:

B- One minute muffin w/ walnuts. coffee/hwc 3
L- Baked Chicken w/ sautéed squash 5
D- Fried pork chop w/celery, pickles, olives 2?
S- Dr. Pepper 10 w/hwc 3

Have any of you tried the PB2 powder? Mixed w/water makes peanut butter of a sort. Haven't tried it yet.

Amber, nice to meet you.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:16 AM   #507
Blabbermouth!!!

Nice to meet you too, Lindy. Is the PB2 lower in carb than regular pnut butter? My pnut butter is only 2 carbs for a T so I don't think I'd switch it unless it was 0 carbs per T.
AsmallerME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:59 AM   #508
Major LCF Poster!

A M B E R: So glad you are back and getting it done. Sorry you have been so busy but hope the energy comes back soon after getting through the induction part. You could not have come back at a better time. I have tarsal tunnel on my left foot. Long story short I was just told not to work out for one week. No cardio!!!!!! They put a special foot thing on my foot that I am not allowed to get wet or sweat in. That means no weights, nothing, because I sweat like a pig in line at a slaughter house. I am going out of town this weekend to hunt and fish and will need you when I get back. I hope I do not break but I am not feeling very good right now about it. They have a cook at this place with awesome food and lots of free drinks. Well that is my sob story for the day. Oh my dog also ripped my lap top of the desk and destroyed the hard drive and the screen. It has been a hard day. But not the end of the world that is for sure. I will survive. Hope you have a great day and stay focused big time. And the fish was from about 5 years ago.

Lindy: Pb2 is about the same as regular peanut butter maybe a carb less per serving, so I would stick with the real thing. Only eating 5 carbs a day does not allow me peanut butter so enjoy.

Right now I would be heading to the gym, instead I am going to hang my head an pout. I was hoping to lose another 2 pounds before the weekend. Eh maybe the body needs a rest and I can re attack next tuesday. Will be weird not sweating it out for seven days.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:12 AM   #509
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh Kemp, I'm sorry about the foot. I bet the rest will be good for your body. You may maintain while not exercising since your body is probably used to the rigiorous activity. And honestly, even if you have a cheat-y weekend, you seem pretty darn determined and I know you'll do good when you get back and attack it again. I'm proud of how much you've accomplished so quickly. Wow!!!

I'm glad to be back and at this!!
AsmallerME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:18 AM   #510
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Amber, I will keep posting and keeping up with you and the rest of the crew. I plan to stay on plan till the last minute this weekend. Do not want to completely sabotage all my hard work.