Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2013, 05:31 AM   #451
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kempmuhlbauer
Stats: 274/274/190
WOE: Normal old atkins
Start Date: 10/21/13
The weigh in is done. 12 pounds up. It is all bloat and water and it will be fun to lose it again, hopefully quickly. Going to hit the gym hard today and try and kickstart this restart and get back into ketosis as quick as I can. I am still shooting for a 229.9 by the end of the month. Also going to start weight training on top of the cardio this month after I get back into ketosis. Looking forward to your guys weekend?
kempmuhlbauer is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2013, 08:20 AM   #452
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: chelseybelle27
Stats: 300.3/280.0/healthy :)
WOE: Extended Induction
Start Date: 08-25-14
Morning all! I had a VERY busy weekend, happy it happened, glad its over We went to get pictures for DS, bought him a new swingset, shopped, went to the zoo with my sister, walked across the Ohio River on the new walking bridge that they "refurbished" from an old railroad bridge, and just generally had a great time! It was a great weekend!

Not feeling too good today...could be the rain, sinuses, exhaustion, all of the above? I am just beat, but not hungry, so thats good

Kemp- glad you had a GREAT weekend! Those 12 lbs will be gone in no time! I am also considering adding in weight training, maybe lightening my cardio. I dont know what to do, seems like I cant get my weight to budge when I ramp it up hard core? I think weight training is a great idea though...you will really see inches lost then!!

Okay, Im going to crawl up on the couch again...I wish I felt better! Ill check in later, have a great day!

Goal #1: 265.0 (Back to where I was last year!)
Goal #2: 240.0 (Back to where I was 2 years ago, seeing a trend )
Goal #3: 215.0 (Almost there!)
Goal #4: 195.0 (GOOOOOAAAAL!)
chelseybelle27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:11 AM   #453
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 8/18/14
Kemp - It sounds like you had a great time. Congratulations on 12 pounds! It seems like a victory in some ways! I'm glad you are already back on the horse and excited about it. Remember that the scale could bounce up tomorrow - mine sometimes goes up after a terrible weekend even one day after getting back on track. Somehow the pounds always find me.

Laura - I love taco meat and salami rollups. I need to add both of those to my rotation this weekend. Congrats on the lack of appetite!!

Chelsey - Wow, your weekend sounds exhausting like mine. We planned on having a low key weekend and then we went out Friday, had friends (w/ kids) over Sat afternoon, went out with other friends (w/ kids) Sat evening, then went to a kid museum Sat night. Sunday we had a birthday party to attend so we had to shop for a gift beforehand since I've been too busy to do that - and then the party - then errands - then I had to work a few hours. I picked up DS after working and took him grocery shopping with me. We got home after his bedtime and still needed to eat dinner. I'm exhausted just typing it out. haha What kind of swingset did you get? We got DS a huge set for the yard for his 3rd b-day. It has a rockwall/swings/slide/picnic table. It's really fun. I'm sure your son will enjoy his too once it's assembled (ya'll didn't already do that did you? Ours took 12 hours with 2 men).

So I'm back on the horse today. I had a bad weekend and yesterday I realized I didn't want any more treats/bad days. I guess I hit my wall of not caring for the carbage. I'm ready and excited to be here again fully.

Today:
B: coffee w/ cream and splenda x 2
L: turkey and mayo
D: depends on how long I'm at work tonight - maybe hotdogs
Old 03-11-2013, 10:20 AM   #454
Major LCF Poster!

Amber- wow, I am too exhausted from reading your post! Thats a packed weekend!!

Ds' swingset had a slide, swings, teetertotter and a trampoline. Had never seen one with a trampoline, so we had to get it as DS loves them! Its a little one, so I am not afraid of him falling off. Once we have baby #2, and move, we will invest in the BIG ones, like yours it sounds! We havent gotten it together yet...DH promised before easter, which I cant blame him since he works all.the.time and plays ball each day on the weekend, but DS is chomping at the bit haha, so he better not wait too long!

Great job getting back at it! We can do this! I hate the "blah" feeling too, I feel so much better when I am fully in the swing of things!

I am feeling a little better, got some housework done, about to clean DS' room (I have come to the realization he has WAY TOO MANY TOYS!) and we have to hit the store before nap. Keep having a great day!
Old 03-11-2013, 11:07 AM   #455
Major LCF Poster!

Chelsey: Yea I know I have to work out for this to work, I just want to do the right thing when I take the time to do it. I get such conflicting views from everybody. But currently I want to lose inches more than pounds. I also want to build some fat burning muscle and that is going to take some weights. I am just going to stay on plan. And try different workouts till I start getting the results I want.

Amber: Looks like we are back on the horse at the same time. I am looking forward to busting into the 220's by the end of the month, or at least be wearing 38 waist very comfortably. Either way I am staying on plan till the end of the month including easter weekend!!!!(or at least try) I hope the scale dips but if it does not oh well, I will get over it after I complain a little bit. Just got my workout in so that is good. I am so happy you are in for the full restart, I look forward to us feeding off each other and the rest of the guys here for maximum success.

I am amazingly not that hungry today. Eating a cast iron skilet cooked filet for lunch and barely able to get 8 oz down. I am doing a complete no carb for two days only meat, bacon, no eggs allowed there are carbs in eggs. On wednesday I will get back to a more regular eating schedule. Keep up the good work guys we can do this!!!!

"STAY HEALTHY MY FRIENDS"

GOALS:
1. Keep on plan
2. Stay on plan
3. Work out
4. Run a 1/2 marathon on Jan. 19th!!!
Old 03-11-2013, 11:18 AM   #456
Major LCF Poster!

Oh and chelsey get to feeling better soon!!
Old 03-11-2013, 12:19 PM   #457
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
Start Date: 8/18/14
Kemp - Good job!! I know you can do it.

Chelsey - Glad you are feeling better. And I've never seen one with a trampoline either. How neat is that!?
AsmallerME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:04 PM   #458
Major LCF Poster!

Well the hunger finally hit me today around 2pm. It was like a ton of bricks and I was unprepared that is for sure. I luckly found a La Michohana meat market and was able to hop in and get some fresh pork rinds before I went to mcds. That was not easy but it is not all good. Just got home about to fire up the pit for the weeks bbq, pork tenderloin, chicken legs and thighs, lamb chops and pork chops!!!! Oh and some grilled jalapenos and serrano peppers for cutting up and adding to the pork and lamb. Tasty.
Old 03-11-2013, 04:28 PM   #459
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Terra2721
Stats: 232/164/150
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: restart 9/17/2012
Hi all! Looks like everyone had a fun filled weekend!

Kemp and Amber- I know you guys are going to rock your restart! Amber I can say my "aha" moment was when I discovered the carbage wasn't worth the weight, health, and general bad feeling I was left with after indulging.

Chelsey- hope you are feeling better!

I weighed in at 185 today. I think that TOM and the salt filled crockpot beef and broccoli dish I made this weekend are to blame for the small gain. My goal is to be 180 or less before heading home for Easter!
Terra2721 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:00 PM   #460
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LauraDavis
Stats: 245.8/190.6/145
Start Date: March 2013
Kemp - I've noticed that I need to be prepared. When I first get that hungry feeling I need to be able to eat before it gets to OMG I'm starving. If I don't catch it in time I seem to eat more. Oh and if we lived close you could BBQ for me any day... I'd gladly cook for you in return.

Chelsey - I hope yer feeling alot better by now. For the record I WANT TO PLAY ON THE SWINGSET!!!! You and Amber's weekends make me want a nap.

Terra - You can do it!!!!!!!!!!

So todays menu:

B- Jalapeno Popper Chicken with a salad

S- lobster tails with butter

L- other half my Chicken from breakfast and sliced cucumbers

D- Breakfast "Tacos"
LauraDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:20 AM   #461
Major LCF Poster!

Laura: You are hitting this out of the park with all this great food. All of it sounds so good and all on plan, that is awesome. What do you use for a shell on the breakfast tacos, or just all the insides without the shell?

Terra: I know you can do it by easter. I am searching for 228 or any 220's number by the end of the month so lets get er' done.

Chelsey: Hope you are feeling better.

Well the whoooosh happend with the water weight last night, 4 pounds gone from the wekend only 8 more to go!!! Super busy today and hope to play golf today and get in a workout. Manage a zero carb day with about 1500 or so calories. Kept track and not much of the day but not all day so a very loose caloriy number. All stay on track today and will catch up in the late of the day.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:36 AM   #462
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all!

Kemp- awesome on the 4 lbs...the rest will be gone before you know it!

Terra- You will see your goal before Easter I am sure! You are rocking it! Its been melting off you...great job!!

Laura- another YUMMY day of food!

Thanks for the "get wells!" Feeling much better, really did around yesterday afternoon...weird, maybe the time change? DH was exhausted yesterday too, so it was probably a combo of the weekend and the time change that did us in!

Yesterday went well, I havent weighed in a while, felt like the scale hated me haha. I will weigh in on Friday and hopefully see a great number...shooting for 263 or lower. We'll see!

I think I am going to make my pizza bake but without the cream cheese...looking forward to it!
Old 03-12-2013, 06:38 AM   #463
Major LCF Poster!

Sounds good chelsey
Old 03-13-2013, 09:52 AM   #464
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 265/229/150
WOE: NK
Start Date: January, 2013
Finally the right place

Hey guys,

I've been lurking for a while and I really love this site. Why? All of you are so caring and supportive of each other. I've tried several other sites and not received much support or answers. Technically, I'm qualified for the golden years site (50 and above, and I'm hum err years over that.) But you know, I'm not interested in arthritis, leg cramps or sciatica (what's that...who cares). I am interested in losing weight, finding the best for me diet and sticking to a plan. I found you weeks ago but didn't note down the thread and didn't find you until this week.

I'm a retired nanny of four grandchildren. And they are all pistols. I'm so much like you (except for no TOM , student loans or a husband). Ha.

Now, to the hard stuff. I've been on LC for over a month. My Sil started same day and has lost over 20 lbs. He even takes Fridays off for cheat days. Hate him.... I however, have stuck diligently with lc with no cheating. I've lost nada. zip... I've been in ketosis for about 2 weeks and had lost 2 lbs at that time. But immediately gained it back.

I was told I was doing it all wrong. Dump lc tortillas, HWC, cream cheese and anything not on 72 plan. I did so and also gave up my beloved one Miller lite. I really expected some results. I'm not sure which way to lean right now. Maybe, eat regular for a day or two and then go to another? Ideas?

Please let me hear from you. Y'all always have such good answers.
Lindy in Louisiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:04 AM   #465
Major LCF Poster!

Lindy: Welcome to the site. I am super busy now but will through some ideas your way tonight. What is your normal days menu? And this WOE seems harder for women at the start. Are you taking any crazy meds.? I really hope we can help you get the pounds of with this WOE. Have a great day.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:43 AM   #466
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kempmuhlbauer View Post
Lindy: Welcome to the site. I am super busy now but will through some ideas your way tonight. What is your normal days menu? And this WOE seems harder for women at the start. Are you taking any crazy meds.? I really hope we can help you get the pounds of with this WOE. Have a great day.
Yeah, I take BP med and Paxil. I am aware that this will impact my losing and expect it.

Daily Menu:

B 2 eggs w/cheese, 2-3 pcs bacon or sausage, 1 T CO
L Some type of protein - Chicken or beef and salad w/radishes and cucumbers
D Same as lunch protein w/ small serv of green beans or such.
S SF Jello w/ Whipped cream

Watching all carb counts. I try to stay away from a lot of processed meats and well anything processed.
Old 03-13-2013, 11:43 AM   #467
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindy in Louisiana View Post
Hey guys,

I've been lurking for a while and I really love this site. Why? All of you are so caring and supportive of each other. I've tried several other sites and not received much support or answers. Technically, I'm qualified for the golden years site (50 and above, and I'm hum err years over that.) But you know, I'm not interested in arthritis, leg cramps or sciatica (what's that...who cares). I am interested in losing weight, finding the best for me diet and sticking to a plan. I found you weeks ago but didn't note down the thread and didn't find you until this week.

I'm a retired nanny of four grandchildren. And they are all pistols. I'm so much like you (except for no TOM , student loans or a husband). Ha.

Now, to the hard stuff. I've been on LC for over a month. My Sil started same day and has lost over 20 lbs. He even takes Fridays off for cheat days. Hate him.... I however, have stuck diligently with lc with no cheating. I've lost nada. zip... I've been in ketosis for about 2 weeks and had lost 2 lbs at that time. But immediately gained it back.

I was told I was doing it all wrong. Dump lc tortillas, HWC, cream cheese and anything not on 72 plan. I did so and also gave up my beloved one Miller lite. I really expected some results. I'm not sure which way to lean right now. Maybe, eat regular for a day or two and then go to another? Ideas?

Please let me hear from you. Y'all always have such good answers.
Welcome Lindy! I am on my 2nd go round of strict induction to lose the baby weight I gained with my 2 year old son. The first time I did Atkins strict induction was 6 years ago and I dropped weight fast and effortlessly....this time it has been tricky. Here are my suggestions for you:

1. Track and weigh every piece of food you eat. It helps me visualize the food I eat and also analyze what may be going on if I am not losing.

2. Fat is your friend. I stay under 15 carbs most days and eat about 70% fat. Most days I am not hungry for dinner because of all the fat I eat during the day.

3. Just because your urine testing strips say ketosis....doesn't mean you are in fact in ketosis. I went 6 weeks before losing any significant weight and thankfully someone posted in our previous thread an article that in fact it can take 6-8 weeks to fully be in ketosis...and when I cheat (like at Christmas) it took me about 3 weeks to get back into ketosis....you may find that this could be why you are not losing. My advice stay strict and eat only real food (no bars, low carb products, etc).

4. Take measurements.....you may be losing inches and not lbs.

Again, this is what has worked for me....I have found that everyone is a bit different. Certainly may be worth trying.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:49 PM   #468
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome Lindy! Im sorry the weight is being stubborn for you! I have done atkins way too many times to count, and I can tell you, it definitely gets harder (especially for women) the older you get. When I was 22, I lost over 100 lbs in 10 months...this time, if I could ever stick to it, I am sure I wont come close to that fast. Thats okay, because even if we lose 1-2 lbs a week, we are on the right track

I agree with everything Terra said. I track everything, every day, because even if I can eyeball it just from being aware of carbs for so long, I still can be shocked sometimes. I dont worry too much about calories, but I normally stay below 1600. I agree with the fat intake too...I try to get above what the tracker "allows" me to, its like my own little game...that I usually win! Protein is also your friend...trainer at my gym suggest 0.8 grams per lb of body weight...this will help, along with fat, to keep you fuller!

As far as low carb products go, I will suggest to stay away from the "bread" products until you start to get in a groove. I enjoy my food better without the LC tortillas, but thats just me. I do, however, enjoy atkins bars. Some people cannot handle these, but I dont think they make a difference with me...as long as I dont eat the whole box and they dont cause cravings I will use them. I have a sweet tooth and these are pretty much the only thing that works.

I can see you Paxil will make you hold on to some weight, but I couldnt imagine the BP meds causing any issues. My DH has gained over 40 lbs since starting Zoloft and Lithium...which may not be ALL because of the meds, but I know they cause some horrible weigh gain in some, and also in his case, some weight loss issues as well. Just stay the course and I am sure you will jump over that hurdle!

I hope that you get to see some weight loss soon...I love this way of eating, and while I have lots of bumps in the road...I keep coming back! Its the only thing that works for ME, but you will have to try it and see if it works for YOU. Have you looked into JUDDD? Amber has done this and it seems to work for people whos weight is stubborn!

Good luck and hang in there!!
Old 03-13-2013, 12:51 PM   #469
Major LCF Poster!

Lindy: Basically what Terra said. I stay below 5 carbs a day, with no sweets of any kind. When I add SF jello, or bars it stalls me out. I am super low tolerant to carbs so that is why so low on carbs. But I work out 5 times a week and expect to lose a pound a day average when doing hardcore induction. If I move up to nuts and hit around 15 carbs a day I can expect to lose maybe 2 pounds a week if I am lucky. I do lose lots of inches and do not only use the scale as my guide. But I sure do love the scale way to much. It motivates me to keep moving and get in shape. Best of luck if you have any questions at all we would be glad to answer them for you.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:51 PM   #470
Major LCF Poster!

Hey everyone, still plugging along, weight is going down, I can feel it in my clothes and body. Keeping my water high, and not working out. I enjoy the gym, but I am relaxing my week before "real: life and work takes over again, and I always lose better without workouts. I need some motivation in the scale department and the lack of working out is helping. Sure, I know I do need to work out eventually, but I am enjoying seeing the scale move in the right direction for once. I plan to try a good 3 or 4 day routine soon, lower intensity, and see where it gets me. For now, I am taking it easy!

Hope everyone is having a great day!!
Old 03-13-2013, 01:57 PM   #471
Major LCF Poster!

Hey guys going to acually take some measurments today. and see how that shrinks also over the next 30 days. Wish I would have done it at the start of this.
Old 03-13-2013, 02:04 PM   #472
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: katsue82
Stats: 182/155/135
Start Date: January 2013
Hello everyone! I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Had a wonderful vacation, but sad to say that I gained about 5.5 lbs

I'm going to have my "last meal" tonight -- gotta think up what I really REALLY want, then I'll be re-inducting myself tomorrow.

Just wanted to say a quick "hi"...now off to see what you all have been up to the past 10 days! Hope you all are having continued success!!!!
katsue82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 03:10 PM   #473
Major LCF Poster!

Kat- Glad you had a great vacation!! Welcome back!
Old 03-13-2013, 04:52 PM   #474
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome back Kat. Make it a great last meal, I know I did last sunday on my cheat weekend.
Old 03-13-2013, 11:56 PM   #475
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LauraDavis
Stats: 245.8/190.6/145
Start Date: March 2013
Hey everyone. Missed yesterday but on with today!

Kemp- Deli Turkey is the "shell" if and when we don't just eat it with a fork. BF just loves this stuff.

Did the scale thing today when I got up. 231# so down 14#... just seems too fast. Not that I'm complaining.

B- Hamburger/Spinach Bake
S- summer sausage and cheese
L- 2 hamburger patties from Burger King
D - breakfast taco

oh and 3 olives... they are my downfall. I just love olives.
LauraDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:33 AM   #476
Senior LCF Member

Hey, guys, thanks so much for your info and welcome.

Terra, I have indeed lost in inches, about 1 dress size. Weighing in at 240 maybe I will start showing in lbs lost. Not tracking yet and need a better scale. Mine only shows lbs.

Chelsey, so if I weigh in at 240 @ 0.8, I should trying for 192 g. protein a day. Am I doing this wrong? I need to do serious research on tracking.

Kemp, I have no problem staying low on carbs. Being a stay at home Nanny allow me to avoid sudden carby decision.
Old 03-14-2013, 05:05 AM   #477
Major LCF Poster!

Lindy: Sound like you are heading in the right direction. So glad you are here and posting. And tracking is a great tool in more ways than one. Lets you know exactly what is working and what is not. There are a lot of them out there but if I mention one by name I get a warning email from the site. I like the fact it helps keeps my calories and fat up. We are all so dedicated and trained low calorie, low fat that I sometimes will catch myself only eating 1200 calories a day when I should be around 1600 plus. Plus it gives my brain something else to keep the sanity while doing this WOE.

Laura: I was worried, but I guess we can give you a day off from posting, but only once in a while please!!! LOL

Amber: Hello?!?!?!? MIss ya!

Chelsey: Wow on the workouts!!! If I do not work out I do not lose at all. Wish I could do that. But I do enjoy my workouts, I feel so good after.

Well to day I weighed in at 238.4, that means it took 3 days to get the carb fest weight off and I will take that all day long. I though it would take all week to get it all back off. I guess my hard VLC days and workouts did the trick. I did enjoy a carby breakfast, had two eggs. Hope that 1.6 carbs does not stall me!!! LOL So another big workout day today and going to shoot for a round of golf also to keep the down trend going. My lowest low this month is only 237 so just a pound or two to be to record lows.
Old 03-14-2013, 06:29 AM   #478
Senior LCF Member

Chelsey- I am the same way with working out....it totally stalls my weight loss and puts my motivation and mind in a bad place.

Kat-Welcome back!

Laura-Hope you enjoyed your days off from work. 14lbs lost is awesome....keep it up

Amber- Hope work doesn't have you too busy and that your restart is going well!

Lindy- I got a food scale for under $10 bucks online and I attribute that scale for jump starting my loss. I too lost inches well before I started seeing the scale move...I kept telling myself that if my clothes were getting bigger, who cares about what the scale says.

As for me I weighed in at 184 today. Hoping my TOM water weight disappears before my weight loss competition weigh in on Monday. My mini-accomplishment for today....I finally fit in my size 12 pre-pregnancy pants! There are a few more lumps and bumps poking out than pre-baby...but they fit and I can breathe!
Old 03-14-2013, 06:49 AM   #479
Major LCF Poster!

Guys, I will post more later, but a quick pop in...so excited!

263.2 which means....20 pounds lost! FINALLY, it has been a long couple of months waiting for this!

I think it was the exercising, and I plan to add it back when I stall, but definitely not at the intensity I was...I felt like I was trying to train for a marathon lol. I dont know why Kemp that exercise does it to me, but I think its a girl thing...At my mid point meeting, lots of women had the same issue!

Okay, Ill check in later, DS just work up....YAY! On cloud 9 today
Old 03-14-2013, 09:49 AM   #480
Major LCF Poster!

Chelsey: Awesome job, all kind of milestones happening for everyone on all my the threads I post on. It is very motivating. I was going to just play golf and no workout, now I am going to go ahead and do a work out today for sure after golf. I have to exercise to lose but love it anyway.

Terra: Terra that is awesome about your pant fitting, it is the little things that mean so much some times. I try on a pair of 38 golf shorts that I love, that fit more like 36's, hoping they are comfy every few days. I am playing golf just tried and not quite but closer each time!!!! I started in 44's so 45 days to a tight 38 is a stretch but going to keep trying.

Amber: LEt me know how you are doing with restart please.
As i said heading to golf then the gym!!!