Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2013, 06:00 AM   #421
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kempmuhlbauer
Stats: 274/274/190
WOE: Normal old atkins
Start Date: 10/21/13
My wife got me a calorie buring watch heart rate moniter training thingy, and going to wear it Wednesday all day just to see how many calories I burn in a day from wake up to bed time. Except for showering and the such. Will count sleep time as 1 calorie per minute.(not going to wear it sleeping) That way I can really see what my calorie in to calorie out really is, 3500 diference a day is what I am shooting for and that should result in a pound loss a day or more seeing as we are on the a atkins diet and have the benifit of ketosis.

"STAY HEALTHY MY FRIENDS"

GOALS:
1. Keep on plan
2. Stay on plan
3. Work out
4. Run a 1/2 marathon on Jan. 19th!!!
kempmuhlbauer is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2013, 06:55 AM   #422
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: chelseybelle27
Stats: 295.0/283.2/195.0
WOE: Extended Induction
Start Date: 1/4/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraDavis View Post

Chelsey - thanks for workout advice. The surge training is doing a 12 min workout... you go as fast and as hard as you can for 20 - 30 seconds then a "recovery" for 20 - 30 secs of slow activity... with a "recovery" period of slow a activity at 2 1/2 mins for 2 minutes. The Chiropractor is hype about it ... seen some reasearch that shows good results. Besides, who doesn't have 12 minutes a day right?

As far as scrubs I get plain ones at Wal-Mart for like $15 a pair. They make me feel good... the size is so small compared to other pants. LOL.
The workout sounds a lot like High Intensity Interval Training which is amazing for results! I had to attend a mid point meeting last night for this competition at my gym and the trainer was talking about it. He said warm up for 5 minutes and after that, at the end of each minute for 20 seconds go full out (he said almost comical) and then go back to slower, then full out, etc. Then a cool down. I might try it too!

Do you work where you have to wear scrubs!? Awesome! I looked at walmart and everything was at least $15 for the top! Crazy huh?! I mean, that is cheap considering, but I dont plan on staying in the for a while as I hope they will be too baggy soon! I just need to make it down a few sizes and I hope to get some Greys Anatomy ones...so spoiled, but they are so soft!! They will be my splurge once I get near goal! I wear a size 2x now hopeing to be end result in a L or M!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kempmuhlbauer View Post

Amber: How is the PT going with the DS, and was does DS stand for?

I weighed the same this morning, not to worried about seeing as I drank a beer last night and ate crawfish full of salt and bloat, so all good here hope to be good tomorrow after my workout tonight and seeing if I won the challengs.
I will answer for Amber if thats okay, DS means Dear Son.

I am so keeping my fingers crossed for you! You are still a winner even if you dont win, but I have a feeling you will!!!

Goal #1: 265.0 (Back to where I was last year!)
Goal #2: 240.0 (Back to where I was 2 years ago, seeing a trend )
Goal #3: 215.0 (Almost there!)
Goal #4: 195.0 (GOOOOOAAAAL!)
chelseybelle27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:55 AM   #423
Senior LCF Member

DOnt have much time to post, but 264.6 this morning!!! Yay! 18.6 lbs gone forever

I have to fill out paperwork and get a physical for work today, Ill post later!
Old 03-05-2013, 10:09 AM   #424
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2012
Not much time to post right now but wanted to pop over and say a few things.

chelsey - Don't wait until goal for those super soft scrubs. Get a pair when you hit 258. Just one pair won't break the bank, and it will make you feel special. Then get another pair at 218.

Potty training is going well. DS (yep, means dear son), is doing great. He didn't have a single accident yesterday. I think he feels special in underwear and I have to say that I am really enjoying this. He's been in diapers/pullups at night and nap (he still naps at school but not at home), but otherwise he's been in underwear since Friday after school. We are beyond proud of him for willingly trying. He's been opposed before we started bribing. ha
AsmallerME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:10 PM   #425
Major LCF Poster!

Amber: I bet you are one proud Mama!!!!

Chelsey:Wow 18.6 pounds that has to feel great. Way to stick with it, that motivates me for the times I get off and do not want to get back on. If I just stick with it I can keep it off forever!!!! Thanks

Off to the gym at 4pm for a workout and then the challenge results party. Will let you guys know when I get back home around 8 or so.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:15 PM   #426
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kempmuhlbauer View Post
My wife got me a calorie buring watch heart rate moniter training thingy, and going to wear it Wednesday all day just to see how many calories I burn in a day from wake up to bed time. Except for showering and the such. Will count sleep time as 1 calorie per minute.(not going to wear it sleeping) That way I can really see what my calorie in to calorie out really is, 3500 diference a day is what I am shooting for and that should result in a pound loss a day or more seeing as we are on the a atkins diet and have the benifit of ketosis.
That watch sounds like a great motivator! I would love to know how many calories I burn from just cleaning up after my son all day How many calories do you eat a day? I cannot remember. While I dont worry about it, I do try to keep mine around 1400 or less. Seems to work for me, but you are a guy and Im sure you need more! The trainer at the gym last night told us guys need 1g of protein per body weight. It was so funny, he kept saying stuff like less carbs more protein and take off the bun when out at fast food, but never directly mentioned LC. I was trying to hold back my smiles, I think I am doing something right

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsmallerME View Post
Not much time to post right now but wanted to pop over and say a few things.

chelsey - Don't wait until goal for those super soft scrubs. Get a pair when you hit 258. Just one pair won't break the bank, and it will make you feel special. Then get another pair at 218.

Potty training is going well. DS (yep, means dear son), is doing great. He didn't have a single accident yesterday. I think he feels special in underwear and I have to say that I am really enjoying this. He's been in diapers/pullups at night and nap (he still naps at school but not at home), but otherwise he's been in underwear since Friday after school. We are beyond proud of him for willingly trying. He's been opposed before we started bribing. ha
I would love to get some...while DH supports us well, I do my part at keeping expenses low. Thankfully, with my new salary, its just bonus money (or student loan money, however you want to look at it ), so once I get my first paycheck, I think I will buy some. I hope to be past 258 by then!

So glad DS' potty training is going well! I think that with boys, they just have to be ready, no one can push them there. Hes ready and he will do GREAT! DS is still in goodnights at night (hes my tall boy and doesnt fit in pullups anymore) and will probably be for a while. When he is dry consistently we will stop them.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:16 PM   #427
Senior LCF Member

Forgot to mention the goal is to finish Day 1 Week 1 of C25K tonight. The ultimate goal is to just finish this program, been trying to for over a year and a half! Thats probably all I will do tonight.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:18 PM   #428
Major LCF Poster!

Chelsey: I bounce my calories around, some days 1100, some days 1900, average around 1400 calories a day if I had to guess. More low days than high days that is for sure. We are all so dedicated with ourselves when doing this and knowing after all is said and done it is calories in to calories out. No matter what diet we do that is the thing. Except on atkins we have the added bonus of ketosis which burns more calories in less time I am told. I have been overhearing the same things all over town, about more protein and less carbs but no one ever says atkins or low carb. Even my DW's old doctor, works out at the same place we do, promotes lower carb and all the fat you want just avoid the bad carbs. My DW is maybe taking in 40 carbs a day, and doing low fat, low calorie, she could cut out one piece of wheat toast a day and add a bunch of tasty fat and be on atkins but she does not like the atkins diet. Her loss. Will check back in after the final results.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:28 PM   #429
Major LCF Poster!

Well the results are in. 4th place, by .44 percent. The first place guy was only 30 years old and worked out twice a day so I do not feel to bad. I was only 3.2 percent behind him. And I started the challenge 5 days late after a crazy weekend eating like a wild man knowing I was about to give up all the tasty carb food. I probaly would have won had I not waited 5 days but I actually feel great about it, I did my very best for the time I worked it and I feel a lot better.

I did get in a great work out for 800 calories tonight. Looks like weights are the way to go not so much cardio. The 3 guys ahead of me did weights and cardio while I only did cardio. I guess I am just old school. On a happier note my wife won 2cnd place in the womans and received 800 dollar apple card, so Iphone 5's here we come tomorrow.

Everyone thanks for the support during this challenge and now lets challenge each other to keep on the right track!!! And put those pounds on the ground!!!
Old 03-05-2013, 06:59 PM   #430
Senior LCF Member

Wow! I was for sure youd come in first! Great job though!! Also, congrats to your wife! What a great prize!

Got in my day 1 of c25k! Felt great and even walked for an additional 15 minutes, for a total of 45 minutes and 440 calories. Ill take it
Old 03-05-2013, 11:43 PM   #431
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LauraDavis
Stats: 245.8/190.6/145
Start Date: March 2013
Chelsey - I work at Reckitt Benckiser. We make Lysol products, Woolite, Finish, the touchless hand soaps, and Old English at the plant i work at. Got scrubs for comfort and cheap to work in, besides they seem to run a touch big and i could get away with a size smaller than what i actually wore. Got to love that. The ones I have were getting way tight, couldn't even wear them last week, but this week they were ok again. I've lost 8# so far!

Kemp - GREAT JOB!!!! The watch sounds kinda neat, hope it works well for you.

Amber - Glad to hear your DS is doing so well... Motivation is such a great tool. That sounds so much better than bribes work. LOL.

So today was the first dinner with the step-daughter. We had chicken fingers. She loved them, so did Terry. He liked them so much he gave me his Filet migion and took the chicken for lunch tomarrow. We had the chicken fingers with stuffed Pablano peppers, with cream cheese, cheddar cheese and spinach in them, I forgot the crumbled bacon.

So another good day. We start our workouts tomorrow we'll see how that goes.
LauraDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:17 AM   #432
Major LCF Poster!

I used the watch last night and it was great. I am a numbers guy so it was cool to see all those numbers. I did the stair step machine for 67 minutes last night and the diff. between the machine and watch was 80 calories less on the watch. So instead of 888 calories in 67 minutes its was only 808 on the watch so not much but over the course of a week it addes up. Only makes me want to work out more.

On another note I am down another pound today and that is awesome. So 37 pounds in 37 days feels great.

This weekend is the big cheat weekend, going to come back hit the cardio hard then switch to a more weight training program after I get back into ketosis.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:20 AM   #433
Blabbermouth!!!

Wow Kemp! I'm also suprised you came in 4th. You had stiff competition. Geez. Your wife did great!! And what an awesome prize. If you don't need a new iphone, I recommend the ipad. I can't live without mine. The new minis are pretty cheap too so you could both get one.

Chelsey - Yeah, DS is in goodnights at night too. He was fine in size 5T pullups though. They fit him great for daytime, but hopefully never again! And yay for deciding to treat yourself to those GA scrubs. You deserve to feel like a million bucks. And it will be a small part of your new big paycheck!! WTG on the new low!! Your motivation and excitement is fantastic. Did you complete Day1Week1 last night?

Laura - Those peppers sound great. I love anything with spinach and cheese and heat.
Mmmm.

Working like a dog. Got home last night just in time to tell DS a bedtime story. He was snuggled in bed and waiting for me. Only 60ish days left of my long work hours. Then I promised him I'd do a week long sleep-cation with him and then we're going to Disney at the end of May. Plus we have a trip planned to visit family in NC in June. I'm counting down the days.

My diets been so-so. I crumble under the pressure of the long, stressful days. I need to better prepare. I also think I'm going to attempt a strict stillmans for a few days. Maybe another 2 week run, like I did last time... Prob will start that on Monday.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:22 AM   #434
Senior LCF Member

Hey everyone! Scale wasnt kind to me today, up a pound, but I am guessing its from running last night...I usually work out in the morning, and I havent run in a while so I think my body will have to get used to it! I feel good and feel the changes even if the scale doesnt want to show it

Laura- How did you make your chicken fingers? I am a chicken fingers kind of gal and I have had some success with pork rind breading, but I have heard of almond flour? I might not be able to do that yet, but maybe in the future. Awesome job on the 8lbs!!

Kemp- I have heard that the machines arent 100% accurate, but I am clad its pretty close. I am guessing that if its 80 off for you burning 800 calories, it will be about 40 off for me burning 400? I can at least rationalize that I second the ipad, my sister has one and we all hang on the couch playing with it. Its pretty cool!

Amber- yep, I completed week 1 day 1 last night, figured Id just start over. Ran at 5 which is a 12 minute mile, it was hard, but I pushed myself through it. I felt like such a failure at the meeting the other day and I really want to show everyone that I can do it! I know I can lose the weight and I want to be the success story next time, even if I dont reach 25 lbs. I know its probably all in my head, but I hate failing, big time. Sorry you have to work so many hours, I know this time of year is always busy for you. Hang in there on the eating, if you can handle 2 weeks of stillmans, I say go for it, but if you cant and are just mindful of your carbs, I say do what you can to get through the stressful times. I am a stress eater, so I know how it is. Preparation is my key too. I think I might crock pot this weekend and be prepared for a couple days of meals and then do it again. I need to get in the groove again, work is coming up fast!
Old 03-06-2013, 10:05 AM   #435
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Terra2721
Stats: 232/164/150
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: restart 9/17/2012
Hi All! Snowed in here and thankfully DS is napping.....finally!

Kemp- Congrats to you and your wife on great finishes!

Laura- You sound like quite the cook! Share those delicious recipes!

Amber- Long and stressful work days are tough....not just on the diet either. Do the best you can and if you slip make a better choice at the next opportunity. I don't know anything about Stillmans, but maybe it is something to do after the stressful long work days are over....that way you don't set yourself up for struggle.

Chelsey- great job on the running! I am sorry that meeting made you feel crummy about yourself....but focus on the positive you are down 18 lbs! You do not have anything to prove to anyone but yourself!

As I said we are snowed in. I enjoyed a morning of play and snuggling with my little guy. I am a total stress/emotional eater and being stuck in the house can be a trigger. Trying to stay busy so I am not driven to eat. I will weigh in tomorrow (if we have school)....I definitely went over board when making that chicken casserole....eating 2 servings (1 for lunch, 1 for dinner) drops my fat % intake and I think it will contribute to a stall or small loss. well, lesson learned...since it is just me and DS I won't make so much next time!
Terra2721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:22 PM   #436
Senior LCF Member

Terra- being cooped up in the house sends my nibble monster into overdrive too! We got a little snow, but not snowed in by any means, you guys must have taken the hit! DS and I got out and went sledding and made 2 very little snowmen and then decided it was too cold to be outside Good luck at your weigh in tomorrow!

You all ever have those days when you are just bummed? More bummed about not being able to eat certain things to be exact. I am being a baby today...nothing sounds good, well except the bad stuff, but I am being strong! I think this may be my first "test" and I plan to pass with flying colors! If I still feel like this later, I may hit the gym tonight to release some stress, DH usually plays bball tonight so I had planned to take today easy, but it got cancelled due to snow, so he'll be home early. I dont know what Ill do, but I wanted to share my struggle and let you know I wont let it get me down

Plan to make a pizza bake tonight, will let you know how it turns out!
Old 03-06-2013, 04:39 PM   #437
Major LCF Poster!

Just got a call from the club and they added wrong. So I actully came in third and missed second by 1.5 percent so I am one happy camper. The prize is a 300 buck credit toward anything at the club or hotel. So my wife and I cleaned up!!

Super busy today so will check in later.
Old 03-07-2013, 03:30 AM   #438
Major LCF Poster!

Kemp - glad to hear you did better than you thought... makes for a nice suprise. CONGRATZ!!!!!!

Terra & Chelsey - Chicken fingers recipe

Breading:
1 1/2 C parmesan cheese
1/2 C almond meal flour (recipe called for coconut but this had less carbs)
1 t garlic powder
3 t onion powder
1 t black pepper
1 t baking powder

Egg Wash:
1/2 C water
1 egg
(recipe called for 1/2 C cream but i figured flour was bad enough so I didn't use the cream and they were great)

4 chicken breasts (I had 4 large ones and still had coating left)

Cut chicken into strips against the grain. Sprinkle chicken with Cajun spices. Bread the chicken strips, dip in egg wash, bread strips again. Put the breaded strips on a cookie sheet or plate and freeze for 10 minutes to set the breading. Deep fry @ 350 for 5 minutes. Put in oven at 250 to keep warm.

I dropped the strips into the oil with the basket down so it didn't stick to the basket and pull off the breading.

I bet you could do these without the flour but it worked so well with it.

Also came up with Mexican "Rice" for dinner tonight.... loved it so here's the recipe

Mexican "Rice"
Cauliflower 1 sm - med head
1/3 can rotel tomatoes
1 4oz can diced green chilies
a big handfull of shredded colby jack cheese
sour cream

Boil cauliflower until just fork tender, put in food processer until the size of rice... pulsed it a couple of times and got any remaining big bits with a fork. Mix everything but sour cream in 8x8 casserole. Top with a bit of extra cheese. Bake 25 minutes at 375. Serve topped with the sour cream. It was so YUMMY!!!! It also went great with our Steak Faitas.
Old 03-07-2013, 05:06 AM   #439
Major LCF Poster!

Amber: Stress is a killer, it gets me sometimes also. I have a plan for you to try, it is called Kemps VLC! Just kidding but it works I promise. Stillmans I have looked at that, seems like that would work well. Disney you lucky dog, I love that place. And my is a great month to go before it gets Africa hot. Good luck with the next 6oish days, we will be here for you if you need us to vent.

Terra: Being locked in is a huge trigger for me also. I keep pickles around for just that reason. One or two pickles is better than 3 chicken legs and they are almost no calories and only 1 carb. But that bag of bacon always takes a hit also.

Chelsey: I hope you made it through the night, sorry I did not post support for you last night. But I am here today to say you can do it. If you get past it you will feel so much better. I know I have a cheat coming up tomorrow and wanted to start that today but am going to stay strong with you!!! Lets do this!!!

Laura: I love your post with the descriptions of all the food you eat sounds so awesome. I like your dogs in your picture. My DW and I are heavily involved in a group called PUP SQUAD. We specialize in saving moms and litters from shelters before they are put down, foster them and then find them homes the group as a whole does around 1000 dogs a year and we foster around 60-80 of those and place them. It is very satisfying and we love it. Our current mama lab mix just had six puppies the other day, they are so cute. We also had 2 adoptions yesterday so all good on that front.

Weighed the same this morning, but ate late, did not get in a workout and drank a lot of water last night, I usally weigh at seven am every day and weighed in a 545 am today and believe it or not one bathroom break for me can mean a pound of water sometimes so not to worried. Today will hit the gym hard around 3pm and then home to cook dinner. I am really struggling getting enough calories each day. yesterday was only 1450 and I think I need to be more around 17-18 hundred a day. Oh well just not that hungry.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:27 AM   #440
Senior LCF Member

Kemp- first off, congrats! I bet it feels nice to get that call and know that your hard work was awarded! Just a silly side note...what about the guy that ended up in 4th? Does he still get a prize?! I would be so upset Thank you for your support, I did make it through the day yesterday and even worked out to get some frustration out! It was just a weird day in general, overly tired, and every sign I passed while out on fast food signs looked so tempting...fried this, breaded that. I finished the day and today I am in much better spirits. Some days are harder than others I suppose!

Laura- you are making my mouth water! All your recipes sound so yummy! I will try the mexican rice, I love rice when not LCing with my mexican, so this is a no brainer. I will also try those chicken tenders...I have alot of things to add to my grocery list for tomorrow!

Scale hates me, but I wont let it get me down...still up a pound but I hit the gym pretty hard last night. I started High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) last night on the elliptical as suggested by the trainer, did 45 minutes (only 20 of HIIT) and burned 616 calories. Basically for me, I warmed up for 5 minutes, and then at the end of every OTHER minute for 20 seconds I went all out, and then recovered. My heart rate was SOOO up there, and I felt like dying, but I finished the workout and added an additional 20 minutes of just level decreasing cardio. I am sure my body is in shock with the intensity of workouts I am doing, but I will not stop, Day 2 of c25k is tonight. Tomorrow I will rest I think. We are going to the zoo!

Hope everyone has a great day! Keep up the good work!!
Old 03-07-2013, 09:16 AM   #441
Senior LCF Member

I have to admit, the jury is still out on my deep dish pizza I made last night. I could barely stomach it last night and today is was more managable. I think its a reheat kind of meal Most people will probably love it, but I have a love hate relationship with cream cheese...more hate than love! I got the tummy bug one time right after eating LC lasagna made with cream cheese and have developed the WORST food aversion to it! I am trying to get over it, but it looks like its not going away any time soon. It looked so delicious too!

Heres the recipe in case anyone would like to try it! Got it from Linda Sue's website.

crust:
4oz cream cheese (slightly melted)
1/2 cup mozz cheese
I added lb of ground italian sausage

Mix together and spread in the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Cook at 375 for 15 minutes.

Refridgerate the crust for as long as youd like (I think the longer the more strudy the crust becomes) and then top.

toppings I used:
black olives (1 carb per 4)
Green peppers
onions
bacon bits
1/4 cup pizza sauce (I think it needs more though)
pepperonis
1/2 cup cheese

Bake again for 15 minutes at 375.

It smelled great, but I think for me its the cream cheese. Next time I will put in more cheese and no cream cheese. Its says its 2 carbs per serving.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:00 AM   #442
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Terra2721
Stats: 232/164/150
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: restart 9/17/2012
Good afternoon!

Kemp-Way to keep up the work out and stay on plan even though the competition is over.

Chelsey-Sometimes I get bummed out and in a funk about all the junk I can't eat anymore...the funny thing is that when I do go off plan that food never tastes as good as I remembered it to be. Keep plugging away and you will see results!

Laura-Thanks for the recipe....I will have to give it a try.

Amber- Hope you are having a great day!

Thankfully the snow is melting and school is back in session today. I weighed in with the school nurse and am down another 3lbs at 185! It would be nice to drop another 2 before my Monday weigh in for the weight loss competition....that would put me at 11lbs in 2 weeks. Trying to not dwell on the lbs lost and focus on things like how my clothes fit and being only 10 lbs away from my pre-pregnancy weight!
Terra2721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:15 AM   #443
Major LCF Poster!

Hey guys quick check in before workout and dinner with family already in town for the weekend. Going to have a mich. ultra or two but stay on plan. Count them towards my calories and my carb count.

Chelsey: He gets to keep his prize, they just told him that it was a miss step in the adding and told me to tell him it was a tie and I was cool with that. If I was him I would want the same respect. I will enjoy the 300 bucks, would have rather had the 700 dollar apple card but the wife got one so all good here.

Amber: Whats up?

Terra: HOpe your competition goes awesome for you, sound like you are well on your way 11 pounds in two weeks is very good. And great attitude if the scale does not move the clothes will fit better.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:10 PM   #444
Senior LCF Member

Have fun out with the family Kemp! That sounds like your gym handled things well, I was worried that they might have told the other guy "Sorry 'bout your luck!" The tie was a great idea on their part

Sigh, I am bored. haha. Trying not to eat, because I am not hungry, just bored. Everything is cleaned and DS is napping...tried to sleep too, but couldnt even do that! Looks like its bad daytime TV for me!
Old 03-08-2013, 02:02 AM   #445
Major LCF Poster!

Chelsey - Stick with it ... we can do this together. If you're too bored you could come clean my house. I never have time to get everything done. I need to make a deal with someone, I'll cook they clean. LOL.

Terra - Great job!!! Can't wait till I'm down to 185.

Kemp - That is so awesome about the dogs. I love animals. We are dog sitting ( I think it's more like we have a new dog cuz I'm not sure they are going to come back for her) an older Black Lab. Both the lil boys are from rescues. The Fox Terrier, PoPo is from the SPCA in Indiana and the Miniture Pincher, Buddy, is from the Minpin Rescue in St. Louis, MO

Amber - I understand the long work weeks. I generally work 6 days a week and at least 4 of them are 9 - 10 hour days. It sucks, this weekend I'm taking 2 days off... can't wait tonight has been a rough one at work. I think if I didn't need a job I just might have walked out.

Tonights dinner was loaded hamburgers and coleslaw. The hamburgers rocked but they always do. It's one of his favorite meals pre Atkins. The coleslaw was awful! Going to have to get my Mom's freezer slaw recipe and adapt it to Induction friendly.

Ok taken more time than I had tonight. Hope everyone is doing well...
Old 03-08-2013, 05:08 AM   #446
Major LCF Poster!

Sorry guys in a mood this morning but here is what is going on with me this morning. And my post from my other thread. My daily numbers so far this week.

March Goal 228

March 1 242
March 2 242
March 3 240
March 4 238
March 5 238
March 6 237
March 7 237
March 8 238 (WTH)

Total losses so far: 36 pounds in 39 days!!!

Myself however am going in the wrong direction. I am deep purple on the strip this morning, I worked out, I did not drink any beer last night, stayed super on plan, only carb was from a little side salad with bib lettuce and a few cucumbers.

I did up my calories to 1800 yesterday to keep the body guessing, my body I guess decided to add an extra pound???????????????????????????? So I guess 1200 calorie days or less is the only way to keep the scale going down. That is not a lot for a guy my size working out as much as I do, but the proof is in the pudding. That is now FACT. I mean FACT. I upped calories and I upped my weight FACT!!!! It is not that hard to do 1200 calories or less a day.

So I am going to enjoy my weekend of debauchary, even going to have those deserts I so want and just enjoy and hopefully that will shock the system and get me back to a pound a day loss when I get back. Sorry so down this morning but I am doing what all the books say, vary calories, workout and you will lose weight. In my experience that is not true at all at this point in the plan. I just proved it to myself and happy about it, at least now I really now that adding calories even if you keep carbs low addeds up to fat gain not loss like they say.

Everyone have a great day I know I am.
Old 03-08-2013, 05:55 AM   #447
Senior LCF Member

Laura- I am usually never bored, I dont know what was up yesterday! I ended up ironing clothes that have been neglected haha. I need to do a thorough deep clean here soon because I know that I will not be able to keep up on the housework when I start working. Youre dinner sounds yummy, yet again! I am grocery shopping today and hoping to get some good stuff to make, and scouring Linda's website!

Kemp- Im sorry about the gain, seems like your calories do need to be low! Thats kind of crazy because 1. youre a guy, and 2. you work out so much its like you are basically getting in 400 calories a day! WOW! I hope you have a great weekend and enjoy yourself!

Terra- 185!!! YAY! You are going to rock that competition just like you did the last one!

I didnt get my workout in, I wasnt feeling it so I plan to go today. I just had a fun relaxing night with my boys...those are few and far between with DH's work schedule so I get them when I can! Today, DS and I are going to the zoo...should have checked the weather as it said 2 days ago 55 today and now its going to be in the 40s but when you promise a 3 year old something, you follow through! Its going to be sunny and we will be moving the whole time, so it shouldnt be horrible! Gym tonight, groceries too.

Have a great day everyone!!
Old 03-08-2013, 10:52 AM   #448
Blabbermouth!!!

Kemp - I feel your frustration, but again, I have to say this. One day of higher calories (1800 is actually pretty low for your activity/gender) and one bounce on the scale DO NOT equal causation. Your body gains and loses for a billion reasons. You may even be skinnier today, have less fat on your body, etc., but the scale went up. It could be water. Salt. Food from 3 days ago. Lots of things. Please just keep the course. And enjoy your weekend!!!

Chelsey - Have fun at the zoo and with your boys!!! I need a night like that.

Laura - I also love burgers. One of the best meals we can eat. Yum!!

Terra - you are doing so amazing!! So excited for you!!!

Working hard and trying to regroup to do a fresh start on Sunday.
Old 03-09-2013, 03:22 AM   #449
Major LCF Poster!

Ok so today Terry thought he had found something... one of the low carb recipe sites.. so he picked Mexican casserole for dinner. He's so cute, I didn't want to tell him it was one of the 1st sites I found. LOL. Anyway the casserole was very good, but will add a touch more salsa or some rotel next time. Had Jello tonight not sure it's approved or not but it tasted so good and no carbs.

We are both eating less at meal times.. that feels great. Still no hungry feeling but I need to watch the OMG there are olives in the fridge I need to eat them now moments.

Using tonight off work to prep food for the week. Making little hard salami roll ups with a touch of cream cheese. Next up to get ready is the meat for breakfast tacos.

Anyway stick with it everyone and talk to ya'll tomorrow.
Old 03-10-2013, 05:10 PM   #450
Major LCF Poster!

Back from the weekend of debauchary. I ate like a pig all weekend. I did avoid cokes all weekend, or I tried one and it was so sweet I could not drink anymore. At least I will not detox from caffine as well as flour, sugar and other crazy things I ate. It was fun and I do not feel guilt of anykind. Happy I had a bounce in the scale before leaving made the cheat easier to do. Feel so crappy that I cannot wait to get back into the gym and into energy from ketosis. Have a good one.

Amber: YOu always know how to talk me off the ledge. Looking forwad to restarting tomorrow. Wanted to today but we were rained in this morning with 4 kids and three families so all we did was eat and watch tv. Last meal of cheat and we will both be restarting about the same time.

Laura: You have such great food descriptions, I hope to try them soon.

Chelsey: Have a good one!!!