Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2013, 09:53 AM   #391
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: chelseybelle27
Stats: 295.0/283.2/195.0
WOE: Extended Induction
Start Date: 1/4/2014
Mini accomplishment of the day (so far!): Didnt eat my son's french fry. I was tempted, but instead heated up leftovers instead and devoured them. Please dont judge, DS doesnt need the fries either (well, just for healthy eating reasons, he will be a rail like daddy!), this I know

Note to self: dont get too hungry. Wasnt hungry until 12 today, but I was ravenous when I was. Trying to remind myself to notice the hunger pokes before they become pangs
chelseybelle27 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2013, 01:28 PM   #392
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2012
Chelsey - Absolutely don't get too hungry. Maybe even eat every 2 hours at this point just purposefully to get into ketosis and keep away the temptations. You'll be in the LC groove by Sunday.

Red - we miss you posting too! How's it going?

Terra - I'm so glad your baby is on the mend. And WTG on 190!!! You are almost in the 80s. Holy moly!!! Have you tried googling for a beef merlot receipe? I made an awesome crock pot beef and brocolli but it called for brown sugar - I bet something like that with a merlot poured on top instead would turn out good. The recipe I used for the fat bomb was the one that was equal parts butter, coconut oil, and peanut butter. All mixed together in a pyrex type dish. I drizzled some 90 percent chocolate over the top trying to make a faux reece's cup. I stored them in the fridge and had to eat them almost with a spoon - they were nice and hard but if I didn't eat it fast, it got kind of melty in my hands.

Kemp - I'm super impressed with your WL!! You definitely deserve to win that competition!!! And the jello fluff stuff was almost the consistency of pudding. So maybe you would like it? I'm not saying it was horrible, it just wasn't really for me.
AsmallerME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:46 PM   #393
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kempmuhlbauer
Stats: 274/274/190
WOE: Normal old atkins
Start Date: 10/21/13
Chelsey: What Amber said, do not ever get super hungry. Or hungry at all for that matter. I see you joined the March challenge, good to see.

Thanks Amber, it means a lot to hear that. March challenge??? I hope to win the comp. I missed my work out today to unforseen work stuff and having company tonight I have to cook for. So will hit a hard work out in the morning with and all day afair of yard work and house chores. Going to try a super low calorie day also, hopfully being so busy I will not have time to think about food till late night, then hope a fat bomb will cure my cravings. Hope to do a double work out on Sunday and one Monday morning before the weigh in to get every extra fat cell out of my body.

Well that is my weekend what do you guys have planned??

"STAY HEALTHY MY FRIENDS"

GOALS:
1. Keep on plan
2. Stay on plan
3. Work out
4. Run a 1/2 marathon on Jan. 19th!!!
kempmuhlbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:09 PM   #394
Senior LCF Member

Yeah, I know not to get hungry, but I try to fast and eat from 12-7 but I dont think its working too well...I never really get hungry until 12 but I think I need to move it back to 11am, seems like one second I am fine, the next I am starving! I will move it to 11-6 or 7 and see if that helps

Amber- I hope to be in the grrove by Sunday, already making good choices which means I have the right head on

Kemp- I did join the March Challenge...now its your challenge to keep me sticking to it Only kidding, but I join these things and never achieve my goals...this month will be different!

Red- sorry I didnt see your post earlier, hope all is well! And thank you for the congrats!

Goal #1: 265.0 (Back to where I was last year!)
Goal #2: 240.0 (Back to where I was 2 years ago, seeing a trend )
Goal #3: 215.0 (Almost there!)
Goal #4: 195.0 (GOOOOOAAAAL!)
Old 03-01-2013, 09:11 PM   #395
Major LCF Poster!

RED: I had the plantars treated and it is now no longer painful. Yes there is a treatment and it is painful but it was so worth it. My torsal tunnel on the other foot is just a small thing but my foot is so numb i do not feel that much of the pain. Just refuse to stop working out because I am making such good progress.

Chelsey:Why do you do the eat between the hours? I use to do it but after a lot of research it looked like it did not matter at all what time you eat. I could be way wrong but I always like to hear what and why others do and the success they have with it.

Made it through another party without cheating, kept it to 1450 calories and 5 carbs today, had some oysters and they are high in carbs. Well here is to waking up to a lower number on the scale.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:19 PM   #396
Senior LCF Member

I have done some research on intermittent fasting, but I do it mostly for the strictness. My favorite snacking hours are between 7 and 10pm and this prohibits them and keeps me on track. Once you are used to it, you dont even want food (at least thats my case. Intermittent fasting has been linked to longer lives, however I am not sure how scientifically true that is. It also naturally lowers your calories due to limiting the hours you consume food. Eventually, I might work my way down to only having a 7, 6 or 5 hour window, but right now 16 fasting, 8 eating works for me.
Old 03-02-2013, 03:38 AM   #397
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LauraDavis
Stats: 245.8/190.6/145
Start Date: March 2013
I must overthink things

Hi so I'm new here. I love to cook so I've made a recipe book off all kinds of sites. Can't wait to try all the new recipes. I already have like 2 weeks worth of dinners lined up. Just started induction last night will be there for quite some time. I have 100# to lose and my bf has around 250 - 275#.
If anyone is interested I'll let you guys know how the recipes go... might give someone a new meal to try.

Last edited by LauraDavis; 03-02-2013 at 03:46 AM..
LauraDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 06:06 AM   #398
Major LCF Poster!

Laura: welcome to the thread. There is lots of support and knowledge here. We are happy to have you. Post your recipies please so we can enjoy them with you if you have time. And again welcome to the group hope you and your BF lose like crazy.

Chelsey: That sounds like a good plan to me. I try not to eat pass 7 myself for the exact same reasons. But I eat early to start my metabolism, I guess I believe that jump starts you metabolism if you eat a breakfast. I usually only eat egg beaters and a piece of bacon for a 85 calorie breakfast so not that many calories.

Well day 33 of the restart and down 32 pounds, I have officially lost my pound a day average. Weighed the same today as yesterday 242. Going to do a mini stall buster today with 1000 calories and a huge work out this morning followed by a huge day of yard work all day long hopefully that will do it.
Old 03-02-2013, 06:03 PM   #399
Senior LCF Member

Laura- welcome! Yes, please let us know what you think of the recipes, I love to hear of new ideas! I wish you and your BF the best of luck!

Kemp- Great job on the weight loss so far, how motivating! I tend to skip breakfast since I cant have eggs and I dont really like much breakfasty food, although I know I dont need to eat strictly breakfast food. I just dont get hungry until lunch, so I guess thats probably why too...I am usually too busy with my son or housework to think about it maybe? If I stall out, I may start back on breakfast to see if it jumpstarts anything!

I am sooo exhausted. DS' last basketball game today (he did so good!! He is a natural athlete and that makes me so happy!), then we took him to the Kids Fair that Louisville has every year and then I dropped him off with his gma and I helped my sister move. My legs are killing me! I have done pretty well today, since I barely ate!

Mini accomplishment of the day...I again resisted...today's tempters were: samoas, cotton candy, and a snickers. I was pretty proud of myself
Old 03-02-2013, 09:14 PM   #400
Major LCF Poster!

Day one

All is well.
Did the Egg MockMuffins for breakfast... big hit and so easy to change up.

Lunch - Filet minion with mock mashed potatoes. Just added butter and a lil cream cheese and the non veggie eating bf eat them up and said would do them again... YAY victory!!!!!

Dinner - is gonna be a salad with sliced Filet, cucumbers and maybe some hb egg.

Haven't been hungry but today is the hard day, my day off. I'm used to grazing all night. Have to break that habit. Got on the scale today also so i had a good start weight... the awful news is I'm 245.7# most I've ever been in my life. So that's some motive for sticking with the plan until it becomes a new habit.
Old 03-03-2013, 06:37 AM   #401
Major LCF Poster!

Laura: Sounds like you are off to a good start. It is also nice to have the BF/Wife in my case doing a diet also. In your case he is doing the atkins, my wife is doing the low calorie, low fat. It still makes it easier when you both are doing it. Your menu sounds yummy and low carb. I am also a huge dog person. Once you are in ketosis remember every move you make burns that fat!!!

Chelsey: Way to avoid those temptations that is not easy sometimes.

Today is day 34 and I am down 34 pounds as of this morning. Had a 2 pound whoosh after stalling for 2 days. The big weigh in is in the morning and I want to try and lose another pound today. So heading to the gym now and then another day of yard work will hopefully get it done. Will check in later.
Old 03-03-2013, 07:07 AM   #402
Senior LCF Member

Laura- I love mock mashed potatoes, never thought of adding cream cheese! I usually do butter and heavy cream, but I dont always have it on hand. I will try cream cheese next time! Glad to hear you non veggie BF is getting his veggies in! My DH wont touch cauliflower...hes such a baby

Kemp- again, WOW! you are matching weight loss day by day! Keep it up!

I weighed in this morning, not as bad as I expected, however today is day 4 so who knows where I started! 268.0 this morning, so another 3 or less lbs to be where I was, and about 90 to get where I want to be! One day at a time!

DS is still at gmas so I think I might head to the gym. I am seriously sore from all the walking yesterday (my flats were NOT the best decision!) but I will work it out on the elliptical and do some weights on my arms.

Have a great Sunday! Another busy one planned for me, DH plays ball on Sundays in a league and its fun to watch daddy play, then my oldest sister is coming over to cut DS' hair and have family time with her and my niece and squishy cheek nephew. I am very much looking forward to today
Old 03-03-2013, 06:19 PM   #403
Major LCF Poster!

Chelsey: Happy birthday at the end of the day.

Well it is 813 pm here and I am beat down. Between the workout this morning and the all day in the yard has caught up to me. Not going to weigh until after my morning work out at the challenge weigh in, so may be a while before I check in. The results are not going to be done until tuesday night. I sure want to know right away, but oh well that is the way it goes. I will be curious to see how much fat percentage has gone down. If atkins is right then I have lost about 8 pounds of water and 27 pounds of fat, that would be 10 percent fat loss and I think that my win it. We will see. Sorry to keep going on about this weigh in, I have really busted my hump for this one. Kinda of wish I would have started on the day of the challenge and not waited until the monday. Only gave me 35 days to lose instead of the full 40.
Old 03-03-2013, 11:22 PM   #404
Major LCF Poster!

Yummy "potatoes"

Chelsey, I had left over "potatoes" so i'm gonna do a twice baked with them in a day or two. Adding bacon and cheddar cheese maybe a touch of sour cream... don't want to go too overboard but they might need some thining. The bf had to try fried zucchini tonight and he made faces like a 3 year old. It was kinda funny. Oh and Happy Birthday. It's after midnight here so i can say it... lol.

I'm not sure how ofter i want to weigh myself ... i think it would drive me nuts to do it every day... so I'm leaning towards once a week. Gonna take both of our measurements tomorrow so we know where we started and can see his progress. Can't wait until we can weigh him on the scale, that will be a milestone for him. I think it embarassed him that he was too big to be weighed at the doctors.

Kemp, good luck on the weigh in sounds like yer working hard toward yer goal. I think we're gonna start workin out on the bike... do any of you guys have an opnion on the surge training our chiropracter raves about? Even i can do what 12 mins a day... but want some other opnions. Does anyone have a wii workout? Does it help?

Well it's lunch time on my messed up schedule... it's 1:18am. Tuna Salad with dill pickle and hb eggs and 3 cheese crisps with it... YUMMY!

Oh forgot the menu today
B- Spinach, bacon and cheddar cheese Frittata (was a great sucess) and that was before i went to bed... i know crazy mixed up life.
L- rotisserie chicken with BBQ seasoning and Chipolte ranch dressing (only 1 carb per serving)
D- tuna salad with 3 cheese crisps

Love having the rotisserie oven... The meat is always so good and juicy!!!
L-

Last edited by LauraDavis; 03-03-2013 at 11:34 PM.. Reason: final thought
Old 03-04-2013, 02:35 AM   #405
Major LCF Poster!

Laura: I love your post. I am going to try some of these things you eat after today.

Off to work out and do the big weigh in.
Old 03-04-2013, 05:26 AM   #406
Senior LCF Member

Its not my birthday That was last month, but thank you!

Kemp- GOOD LUCK with your Weigh In! I know you will blow it out of the water! Great job yesterday on all the workouts, I hope you can get some rest to recover!

Laura- I havent heard of the surge workout, but any workout will help! I used to do a Wii workout, I dont remember what it was called, but boy, it kicked my butt! I can do cardio machines for hours, but put in an aerobic dvd and I am sore for days! I recommend the biggest loser last chance workout dvd too, I did just a 10 minute segment and I was seriously sore for about 3 days...it works! I just have a little word of advice, and dont hate me for it! I also LOVE rotisserie chicken, but I hear sometimes they add some sugar mixture to make it really juicy. I dont really know if I have ever had any adverse effect to it, so it may not even matter, but check the scale and see if it affects you so you know the next time. Your food sounds yummy!

I am this close to my lowest, 265.8 this morning, lowest is 265.4! I hope to see a new low tomorrow! I am pumped and ready to get this weight gone I plan to check out some consignment stores today for some scrubs, I need some new ones but I dont want to pay high prices if I am not going to be in them for a long time. I have a few pairs already, and I know in a month they will probably be big on me. They can be expensive, hopefully I can cut the costs somehow?

Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-04-2013, 06:14 AM   #407
Major LCF Poster!

Chelsey: Great job on getting close to the low, You will have that done by tomorrow moring. Thanks again for the support on the challenge, final numbers below

Amber: Hello amber, Hello??? I know you do not usually post on the weekends just letting you know I was thinking about ya.

Thanks for all the support and the weigh in is done. It was a 40 day challenge but I only did the last 35 days due to big weekend in the first week was already plan. Enough excuses here are the results.

Weight 274 to 238 Down 36lbs
Body fat 35.2 to 27.9 Down 7.3 percent (thought this would be more)
Total pounds of fat loss 36.2 (which means I gained in lean body mass)
BMI 40.4 to 35.3 Down 5.1 percent

There were all kind of other numbers but those are the main ones. Will not know the winner till tomorrow night at 7:30 at the party they throw for this thing every year. So hoping for the best. The head jumping bean at the club said that I looked good for winning at least placing so I am really excited. Thanks again for all the support and praise.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:19 AM   #408
Major LCF Poster!

Again thanks for all the support here it means a lot and keeps me focused
Old 03-04-2013, 06:42 AM   #409
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kempmuhlbauer View Post
Chelsey: Great job on getting close to the low, You will have that done by tomorrow moring. Thanks again for the support on the challenge, final numbers below

Amber: Hello amber, Hello??? I know you do not usually post on the weekends just letting you know I was thinking about ya.

Thanks for all the support and the weigh in is done. It was a 40 day challenge but I only did the last 35 days due to big weekend in the first week was already plan. Enough excuses here are the results.

Weight 274 to 238 Down 36lbs
Body fat 35.2 to 27.9 Down 7.3 percent (thought this would be more)
Total pounds of fat loss 36.2 (which means I gained in lean body mass)
BMI 40.4 to 35.3 Down 5.1 percent

There were all kind of other numbers but those are the main ones. Will not know the winner till tomorrow night at 7:30 at the party they throw for this thing every year. So hoping for the best. The head jumping bean at the club said that I looked good for winning at least placing so I am really excited. Thanks again for all the support and praise.
Those are AMAZING numbers! The BMI alone would have me doing a happy dance when they told me! I so hope you win!!
Old 03-04-2013, 09:10 AM   #410
Blabbermouth!!!

Kemp - I am SUPER impressed by you!!! Wow!!! I cannot wait to find out if you won. I bet you did. Those are VERY impressive numbers!!!

Chelsey - I am so proud of you for getting back in gear and for getting essentially back to your low weight so fast. Now it's onward and downward lady!!! As for the scrubs, do people maybe resell on ebay? My sister had to wear scrubs for one of her jobs and the hospital provided them so she never had to worry about cost. The hospital even cleaned them and had them hanging in their lockers so she just arrived and changed when she got there. I thought that was pretty cool. But I'd rather pick my own and get cute ones. I always thought scrubs were the BEST uniform since it's like wearing jammies all day long. Color me jealous.

Hi Laura. Welcome to the group. We have an awesome group of ladies and KEMP is our resident @ss kicking man!

Okay, I totally tried to find where Chelsey tried to give herself a second birthday this year and couldn't find the reference. But for a second, I thought about jumping on the bandwagon and congratulating her too. haha

This weekend was a fun one. We took away DS's pullups and went straight into underwear. He did great all weekend - only one accident. So we let him wear them to school today. I'm so nervously excited for the report on how he did this evening. We've resorted to giving him toys for each success and it's working like a charm. He loves toys so he's enjoying it. We've given him little cars, dinosaurs, those pellets your put in water and that expand into little sponge animals, etc. All sorts of random junk. I figure I'd rather throw away the junk than the dirty diapers.

Weekend went okay foodwise. I cheated a tiny bit on Sunday. I haven't weighed and can't decide if I want to. I like not knowing, but I also know I need to know to guage success. So it's a mixed bag for me.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:17 AM   #411
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Terra2721
Stats: 232/164/150
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: restart 9/17/2012
Kemp- Awesome numbers! Good luck....I hope you win!

Chelsey- Way to just say no to the temptations and in your great weigh in!

Laura- Welcome! Love the menu and may have to try the "potatoes".

Amber- I hope you had a great weekend!

I weighed in this morning (for the spring weight loss comp. I am in) and am down to 188...6lbs in the first week. So pumped....that puts me at 45lbs lost (not counting the 10lbs I gained & had to re-lose over Christmas) in 5 months! I think this weeks loss is due to focusing on eating only when truly hungry. Plan to keep eating high fat and doing I.F. only eating when hungry.

Todays Menu
B- 14 oz coffee, 1 oz coconut oil, 1 TB splenda, .5 oz cream
S- 2 eggs scrambled with .5 oz of cream and .5 oz of cheddar cheese
L-Parm. chicken/broccoli casserole
D-only if hungry

1100 Calories, 10 carbs
Terra2721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:32 PM   #412
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsmallerME View Post
Kemp - I am SUPER impressed by you!!! Wow!!! I cannot wait to find out if you won. I bet you did. Those are VERY impressive numbers!!!

Chelsey - I am so proud of you for getting back in gear and for getting essentially back to your low weight so fast. Now it's onward and downward lady!!! As for the scrubs, do people maybe resell on ebay? My sister had to wear scrubs for one of her jobs and the hospital provided them so she never had to worry about cost. The hospital even cleaned them and had them hanging in their lockers so she just arrived and changed when she got there. I thought that was pretty cool. But I'd rather pick my own and get cute ones. I always thought scrubs were the BEST uniform since it's like wearing jammies all day long. Color me jealous.

Hi Laura. Welcome to the group. We have an awesome group of ladies and KEMP is our resident @ss kicking man!

Okay, I totally tried to find where Chelsey tried to give herself a second birthday this year and couldn't find the reference. But for a second, I thought about jumping on the bandwagon and congratulating her too. haha

This weekend was a fun one. We took away DS's pullups and went straight into underwear. He did great all weekend - only one accident. So we let him wear them to school today. I'm so nervously excited for the report on how he did this evening. We've resorted to giving him toys for each success and it's working like a charm. He loves toys so he's enjoying it. We've given him little cars, dinosaurs, those pellets your put in water and that expand into little sponge animals, etc. All sorts of random junk. I figure I'd rather throw away the junk than the dirty diapers.

Weekend went okay foodwise. I cheated a tiny bit on Sunday. I haven't weighed and can't decide if I want to. I like not knowing, but I also know I need to know to guage success. So it's a mixed bag for me.

I wish my hospital gave us scrubs, but it seems like thats only for the units and/or hospitals that have specific colors or scrubs they have to wear. I have a few friends that got an "allowance" of sort to purchase theirs, but for me I am on my own. Got some really cute ones that would normally cost me over 60 dollars at the local thrift store for only 12 bucks! Now, I feel a little weird wearing used scrubs, but I will wash them really good in hot water and the money saved makes me happy

As far as DS with no diapers!! WOOO HOOO girl! And, whatever works, do it! Like you said, no more dirty diapers, I can handle junk toys for that! DS used to get prizes for #2 because he had such a hard time going, but the only struggle I have now is getting him out of good nights at night. At least its just one time a day I suppose Is he good at night?

Yeah, no second birthday....well, maybe, if there are presents I think it was a misunderstanding on the March Challenge thread?

I hope you are pleasantly surprised when you weigh in! As long as you are back at it, dont sweat Sunday!
Old 03-04-2013, 12:35 PM   #413
Senior LCF Member

Terra- WOW 45 lbs in 5 months!! Great job! And firmly out of the 190s?! Keep it up girl!

So, I have a confession. I didnt mention it because I wasnt sure I would do it, but I had my mid point weigh in for the Biggest Loser competition at the gym and I am only down a measly 2.3 lbs I guess thats what I get! I did however lose, and I did go and get weighed in, so if I want to win my money back, I need to lose another 22.7 lbs in 6 weeks. Its like 3-4 lbs a week. Doable? Maybe. I will have to work my butt off (literally!) Maybe some VLC days per week? Any suggestions?
Old 03-04-2013, 01:58 PM   #414
Blabbermouth!!!

Chelsey - I wouldn't sweat the BL competition at your gym. It's very unlikely you'll lose that much that fast. Sure it would be awesome if you did, but if you try and fail or if you deprive yourself, you may fall off the wagon all together. I'd rather you lose a nice consistent 15 than push for 22, you know? And yay for finding scrubs! $15 is a steal. My suits cost hundreds, so I'm jealous of even the $60 price tag.

Terra - you are amazing. Good job on getting into the 80s. You are moving QUICK lady. What is this chicken/broc casserole that you are eating? That sounds very good.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:05 PM   #415
Major LCF Poster!

Amber: That must be nice to not have to change diapers as much, and the toy thing sounds smart. A tiny cheat is not the end of the world that is for sure. You know my feelings about the scale, every day even if it pisses me off!!! But you do what you gotta do, now what I mean sugar bean. Keep me posted and thanks for the support, hope I win it, if not maybe next time.

Chelsey:
Suggestions here you go. I have lately been pounding through the stalls with a vlc and Very low calorie day. Just one day low calorie, then pound it in the gym that day and it seems to get it done. Could change asap. As I always say working out is the key and it sounds like you are getting that done. The past is the past just look forward and keep trying to stay on plan and work out. I cannot change the fact I waited 5 days to get it in gear on this challenge, but put my head down and did my best not just for me but for my wife and people who care that I am not as healty as I should be. Hope that does not wax poetic or nothing just want the best for you and you can do this, we are all hear to help no matter what. I am also treading very slick gound with cheating this weekend, I know you guys will be waiting to hear that I am back on plan and that really counts. Sorry if preachy.

Terra:
Sounds like you are working a good plan, keep up the good work.

Well after getting off the high of good numbers this morning and not celebrating with a visit to TACO BELL, I have refocused and plan on being strict until this weekend. Going to try and skip tomorrows workout and give the body a rest. I am sure that it needs it. I am also going to try to only drink over the weekend with no food cheats until Saturday at the actual party and then back on plan Sunday morning. That will give me a chance to eat what I want for about 6 hours and then back on plan asap to limit damage to a few pounds, hopefully only a few pounds, by the way there are no taco bells by us in galveston so thank God for that. It cannot be good to be dreaming about taco bell and donuts!!!! LOL But still have 4 more days of VLC before the weekend gets here.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:55 PM   #416
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Terra2721
Stats: 232/164/150
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: restart 9/17/2012
Amber the casserole I made is a version of this: OMG Chicken - Simply mix 1/2 cup of sour cream and 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese. Spread over chicken breast in a baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. OMG

Repinned from Recipes by Wendy Ross-Ritchie

I had 2.5 lbs of chicken breast in my freezer I wanted out....to I cut the chicken into chunks and poured the sour cream and cheese mixture over the chunks and mixed so the chicken was coated. I added a bag of frozen broccoli and cooked in covered casserole dish fo 30 min at 350. Next time I will thin out the sour cream (like Chipolte does) and try cooking in a 9x13 baking dish. It tastes great but think those changes may make it even better.
Terra2721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:47 PM   #417
Major LCF Poster!

Terra: that sounds good, may have to try that.

Well had a mich. ultra at dinner tonight, only 2 carbs, with some oysters, only 5 carbs, so that is going to put me at 9 carbs for the day. Man it was so worth it. I had 5 pounds of crawfish and the salt from that is going to bloat me for sure, but will let you guys know in the morning. Have a good night.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:56 PM   #418
Senior LCF Member

Terra- that sounds great! I will try it tomorrow

Got in to the gym, did some interval training on the elliptical for 30 minutes = 430 lbs. Will try to get the C25k tomorrow again and see where I get this week! I am motivated, I like this!
Old 03-04-2013, 11:11 PM   #419
Major LCF Poster!

Hi everyone.. had a pretty good day. Still not really hungry as long as i eat about every 4 - 5 hours.

Chelsey - thanks for workout advice. The surge training is doing a 12 min workout... you go as fast and as hard as you can for 20 - 30 seconds then a "recovery" for 20 - 30 secs of slow activity... with a "recovery" period of slow a activity at 2 1/2 mins for 2 minutes. The Chiropractor is hype about it ... seen some reasearch that shows good results. Besides, who doesn't have 12 minutes a day right?

As far as scrubs I get plain ones at Wal-Mart for like $15 a pair. They make me feel good... the size is so small compared to other pants. LOL.

Amber - Can't wait to hear how yer DS did on this big day!!!! No more diapers rocks.

Kemp - GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today menu was
B- Jerk Chicken Kabobos with sauteed mushrooms. Chicken had a good flavor but not JERK!!! So I've done some research and found what looks to be a good jerk seasoning rub. It has 2 Scotch bonnet peppers in it that should heat it up a bit.

snack - little bit of left over tuna salad

L- Leftover Jerk chicken

D - Egg MockMuffin

Learned my lesson last night, was starving at like 5am. I ran to the QT gas station with such limited choices. I ended up with a hot dog (YUCK!!!!!!!!!) and a beef stick... 6 stupid carbs for not much of anything. Point learned bring a snack and breakfast...
Old 03-05-2013, 04:42 AM   #420
Major LCF Poster!

Chelsey: Great job on the gym workout. You are getting it done now. I like that you like this.

Laura: Glad you are not that hungry that helps make this easier, and eating every 4-5 hours is a good way to accomplish that.

Amber: How is the PT going with the DS, and was does DS stand for?

I weighed the same this morning, not to worried about seeing as I drank a beer last night and ate crawfish full of salt and bloat, so all good here hope to be good tomorrow after my workout tonight and seeing if I won the challengs.